Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Blatter wrote: »
    I also remember reading something a while back in the Telegraph about Bale and his wife wanting to move back to England by the time their two year old child is able to start school.

I wonder if play school counts,the kid can start there next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

Lukker- wrote: »
    I've yet to see a transfer happen because a club and player share a sponsor.

What about becks to real? Ok might not be a direct cause of him signing but id say adidas played their part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

What about becks to real? Ok might not be a direct cause of him signing but id say adidas played their part

Id say a boot to the head bay have been a bigger part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lukker- wrote: »
    I've yet to see a transfer happen because a club and player share a sponsor.

not a transfer, but nike forced brazil to play an injured/sick Ronaldo in the 1998 world cup final and they did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Id say a boot to the head bay have been a bigger part

Was it an Adidas boot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Not another ****ing ITK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Haha I knew the ****storm was coming when he said that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Jonas Giæver ‏@CheGiaevara 22m22 minutes ago
    Angelo Henriquez with four goals for Dinamo Zagreb in the Croatian Cup against Opatija. That's 11 goals in 12 matches for him, I believe.

Scored 4 goals coming on from bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Delighted for Henriquez. I was gutted when he left De Chile because he was superb for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Jonas Giæver ‏@CheGiaevara 22m22 minutes ago

Scored 4 goals coming on from bench.

What sort of level are Opatija operating at though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If it were all true theres no way we should be paying more than Madrid did for him, 60 million maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I'm glad the stupid stuff Rio comes out with doesn't impact Utd anymore:D 3 games he won't sit on the bench I guess.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29826136

Rio Ferdinand suspended for three matches and fined £25,000
    QPR defender Rio Ferdinand has been suspended for three matches and fined £25,000 by the Football Association for comments he made on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

jaykay74 wrote: »
    I'm glad the stupid stuff Rio comes out with doesn't impact Utd anymore:D 3 games he won't sit on the bench I guess.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29826136

Twitter is a great thing when used properly. Unfortunately, Rio can't keep his mouth shut for his own good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

**** that, people can give it but can't take it back. I'd tell the FA where to go

Strong team for City tonight. Extra-time and a few injuries wouldn't go astray :pac:

Praise Satan, there goes Silva :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Strong team for City tonight. Extra-time and a few injuries wouldn't go astray :pac:

Silva gone off with injury already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

The age of Ronaldo is over, the time of Rolando has come..

**** that, people can give it but can't take it back. I'd tell the FA where to go

Ferdinand was out of order.

Calling a woman a slut on a public platform is silly for a guy that is involved in anti derogatory campaigns.

Btw, I think Twitter is full of lunatics, I stay well clear!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

There's something wrong here, the team you've posted contains players that all play for Manchester United?

Look at all those likes, such a sarcastic kiss ass community of beta males we have in here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I gave you a like, do you feel included now?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Not sure if it was mentioned in the thread yet, but I read earlier that it's big Ed's birthday today.

This shoot-out was (probably) more down to Chelsea/Terry slipping up than Ed's class between the sticks, but I still recall the moment he got his hands to Anelka's penalty and that for me was my favourite moment of his in a United jersey.

On a side-note - regardless of how his career diminished at United I still love Anderson's peno and the fact that he stepped up to the plate, but I think he was only on the pitch to take a penalty. There's no finesse involved, he just buries the thing home! G'wan son! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Don't like seeing a player get injured and I hope its nothing too serious but if Silva is not ready for Sunday that's a bloody god dam plus for us.

Not sure if it was mentioned in the thread yet, but I read earlier that it's big Ed's birthday today.

This shoot-out was (probably) more down to Chelsea/Terry slipping up than Ed's class between the sticks, but I still recall the moment he got his hands to Anelka's penalty and that for me was my favourite moment of his in a United jersey.

On a side-note - regardless of how his career diminished at United I still love Anderson's peno and the fact that he stepped up to the plate, but I think he was only on the pitch to take a penalty. There's no finesse involved, he just buries the thing home! G'wan son! :p

I also love Anderson's penalty! Hargreaves took a beauty too that night. I miss him and Tevez in the team. Both brilliant players for us when fit.

Hargreaves and Carrick's penos were terrific.

Cechh keeps getting closer to Nani's peno. I remember for split second Chelsea fans thinking he had saved it.

If I watch it anymore Nani peno going be missed and we will have lost the cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Don't like seeing a player get injured and I hope its nothing too serious but if Silva is not ready for Sunday that's a bloody god dam plus for us.

I have no qualms about hoping he has an injury that will keep him out for a week.

Also, Mangala has had a shocking start to his City career. He may do a Vidic in the long run but I hope we can take advantage of his uneasiness on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

They may have to use Aguero at some stage too, will take any advantage before this game

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

KH25 wrote: »
    I also love Anderson's penalty! Hargreaves took a beauty too that night. I miss him and Tevez in the team. Both brilliant players for us when fit.

I was gutted when Charlie T left. Probably even more so than Stam or Ruud. Tevez had a phenomenal workmate when playing, and I genuinely think he wanted to stay for more than just the moo'lah. Just one of those things I suppose. Hard to see him go on to become a hero at City too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Looking at Ronaldos and Anelkas peno's, you'd imagine professional footballers would know better than to take a short run up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Extra time would be nice too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

even newcastle surely cant blow this now?

City have been muck so far..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Can't see City losing three times in a week or back to back home games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

J. Marston wrote: »
    Can't see City losing three times in a week or back to back home games.

I dunno how it'll work out but I think it is a great time to play them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Meh, form goes out the window in these games for the most part

It'll be the 1 game all season Yaya will arsed with. City are good for 3 or 4 against our defence. Aguero will be well up for it.

Been well and truly spanked by City of late, feels like an age since RvP's injury time free kick.

Or Scholes' late header.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Or Rooney's overhead kick.

Christ, all this reminiscing makes us look like 'pool fans. Someone change the subject. QUICK!

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Christ, all this reminiscing makes us look like 'pool fans. Someone change the subject. QUICK!

THIS YEAR IS OUR YEAR!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Nani is ****!!

Nani is ****!!

Anderson is fat.

Anderson is fat.

Valencia doesnt know what the word forward means!

Any Rooney update?

Any Rooney update?

Hes probably had his dinner at this stage...

Maybe sitting down with a nice cup of tea to watch the tv about now.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Obsessed, go to your own thread.

Wait, whut.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

On a side-note - regardless of how his career diminished at United I still love Anderson's peno and the fact that he stepped up to the plate,
    To be fair thats sort of why his career at Utd has diminished:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

So silva AND Yaya both picked up injuries (albeit a minor one for Yaya)

Interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

FutureGuy wrote: »
    So silva AND Yaya both picked up injuries (albeit a minor one for Yaya)

Interesting.

If Yaya plays as he has all season and our midfield plays as it did on Sunday, Toure's presence would be a non-event compared to them losing Silva.

He could decide to turn it on in a big derby match but he has returned to the disinterest he showed after they won their first title.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

To be fair thats sort of why his career at Utd has diminished:pac:

Please. No. If PaddyPower gets wind that the Anderson jokes are funny again... Well we all know whats going to happen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement