Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Exactly. I'll love someone one minute then hate them the next.

If people could just stop with the chip on the shoulder and stop posting ridiculous things we will get on ok.

I for one, like small boobs. B cup 4 lyf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUBDeWgL7eY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

This is a ideal time to be playing City.

I was confident last week of getting something and I'm just as confident this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Shock horror, 40 year old spots an earrning oppurtunity. Roy is just being a gowl

Takes one to know one.

I do not. I like them small and tight.
    I also like my girls not too tall, about shoulder height.
    Great for spooning and their head dosent get in the way when watching a movie.

Also bitches love hugs, you can hug them and look around

I was hopping for a ditty but you left me feeling shitty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Actually, I must teach young copper pipe to get some fine young limerick ladies.

I'm on a stag there this weekend, where's decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭macslash

D'icon.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Nancy Blakes a late bar straight across from the aforementioned d’Icon.

Watch the game Sunday in smyths if you want pub grub along with a pint and us tonking citeh! (Last part may be wishful thinking)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

71% of Record readers vote Manchester United’s Nani as the ‘best player in Portugal’

B1MtUfqCAAAWVG6.jpg
    “Is Nani the best player in the Portuguese league?” Yes, according to a poll from Portuguese newspaper Record, where the Manchester United winger gathered a 71% vote in his favor.

On loan at Sporting currently, Nani has 5 goals and 2 assists in the 1022 minutes he has played so far.

Almost 65% of the readers believe that Sporting are firm favorites to clinch the title this season with Nani in red hot form.

Quite a feat to achieve as the Portuguese league consists of amazing players such as Bahrimi, Quaresma, Slimani, Tello, Casemiro, Danilo, Alex Sandro, Gaitan, Jackson Martinez, Aboubakar, Luisao, Enzo Perez etc.

Good to see Nani doing well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    71% of Record readers vote Manchester United’s Nani as the ‘best player in Portugal’

B1MtUfqCAAAWVG6.jpg

It isn't really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

It isn't really...

Him playing well means he either comes back in good form or is sold for a higher fee.

How exactly is that not good for United??

Looks like Rooney is going to be back this weekend and i am very positive.

I know we only picked up two points in the last two games but i think they were our best performances in a long time. I think the team is starting to gel and things are looking good. I really think we can beat an under performing City and start off a good run of form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Just got 3/1 with PP on United there. Crazy odds imo, with the form of City and Silva's injury. I'd expect those odds for a match against Real Madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Delighted for Nani, he takes an awful lot of undeserved flak. If he leads Sporting to a title it will be quite an achievement, they are unbeaten so far but need to turn the draws into wins more to have a realistic shot. 4 wins and 4 draws from 8 games, only Benfica have scored more goals.

He really has started to show what he can do when he is just played week in week out. More to come from him too hopefully this season but he has been excellent. I notice you don't get too many updates on him like you got in his first game when he missed the penalty and was "terrible". Some only like to put players down I guess and don't like to acknowledge when they are doing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Costellos is great messy fun with no rules.
    Icon is full of young ladies on bad decision juice.
    Nancy's is just jammed full, can't move.

Go smyths and icon or if ye want messy and cheapness, go to costellos. Then get a gravy chip in chicken hut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Great to see Nani doing well. I find it hard to see him coming back to Utd but hopefully the club will now get a good price if he is sold.

And speaking of loaned played, how are the other lads getting on that went out on loan? Anyone been following the progress of Hernandez, Cleverley, Powell, Keane, Zaha? Am I right in thinking Powell hasn't featured at all for Leicester?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

It isn't really...

why not? he comes back to united next year full of confidence raring to go....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

bangkok wrote: »
    why not? he comes back to united next year full of confidence raring to go....

Or we sell him for a much better price. I have no idea how someone sees it as anything other than a good thing...

In fairness if we kept Nani we could have loaned out Janjuaz and it would have been better. A confident Nani is an assist machine hopefully he comes back to his best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Seeing Januzaj operate on the right and left wing has made me think letting Nani go was a bat **** crazy idea.

If playing with wingers is going to be a thing for us...Nani is sorely missed.

Maybe the spell in Portugal can impress LVG and revamp his levels of performance. Would also provide that pace we seem to be thriving with this year.

Have some confidence ahead of the game this weekend. City on a low and Silva out. Pressure in CL they will most def have an eye on. Suffering that post title winning slump.

Last minute leveller for us breathing some serious confidence with Rooney and Falcao most likely available again.

If Fellaini can perform to that level again in against Toure it will cap a fantastic period for Fellaini. The sarcastic jeers he was getting earlier in the season turned to genuine roars of support as he went through a blistering first half against Chelsea.

Hopefully its not one step forward two steps back. Surely we have to build on from recent good form...and brining our attacking lineup against a surprisingly slack City defence.

Am not ruling us out one iota. Bookies are being ridiculous with their odds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Actually, I must teach young copper pipe to get some fine young limerick ladies.

Cheers lad :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Costellos is great messy fun with no rules.
    Icon is full of young ladies on bad decision juice.
    Nancy's is just jammed full, can't move.

Go smyths and icon or if ye want messy and cheapness, go to costellos. Then get a gravy chip in chicken hut.

Chicken hut and Donkey Fords . perfection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Nuts102 wrote: »
    In fairness if we kept Nani we could have loaned out Janjuaz and it would have been better. A confident Nani is an assist machine hopefully he comes back to his best.

Having Nani limited to the amount of gametime Januzaj is likely to see would do nobody any good though, wouldn't see the best of him. Jan should also be loaned though imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

im on a flight to eastern europe with work during the game, sickened. ive been to 6 manchester derbies in the last 3 years and i probably wont even get to see this one :(

does anybody know if any of the bars in T1 have sky sports?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Nice early match thread considering it's the Derby: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92837403#post92837403

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

im on a flight to eastern europe with work during the game, sickened. ive been to 6 manchester derbies in the last 3 years and i probably wont even get to see this one :(

Buy Sky Sports for a month and use SkyGo? Watch it on your phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Sitting in t1 at the moment watching classic games on sky sports 1. Place beside burger king.

Edit: Place is called the terrace garden.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Boys, don't be advising people how to stream matches illegally. Should go without saying....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Is Carrick fit? I've missed that man so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Boys, don't be advising people how to stream matches illegally. Should go without saying....

Buying a Sky subscription and using Sky go is not illegal, it is actively promoted by Sky and the name does sort of give that away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Buying a Sky subscription and using Sky go is not illegal, it is actively promoted by Sky and the name does sort of give that away.

That was not the droids post he was looking for referring to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Yeah...sorry on my part :D

Anywho....super excited for Sunday...we're gunna do it lads. 3 points. Falcao to blitz them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I suspect Nani has found his level tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

League could be as good as over if we do somehow manage to beat or even draw with City on Sunday. Chelsea would, more than likely, have a 9 point lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

J. Marston wrote: »
    League could be as good as over if we do somehow manage to beat or even draw with City on Sunday. Chelsea would, more than likely, have a 9 point lead.

We lost an 8 point lead in April a couple of years ago. Reckon somebody might he able to give Chelsea a run for their money from November.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Great to see Nani doing well. I find it hard to see him coming back to Utd but hopefully the club will now get a good price if he is sold.

And speaking of loaned played, how are the other lads getting on that went out on loan? Anyone been following the progress of Hernandez, Cleverley, Powell, Keane, Zaha? Am I right in thinking Powell hasn't featured at all for Leicester?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

71% of Record readers vote Manchester United’s Nani as the ‘best player in Portugal
    Quite a feat to achieve as the Portuguese league consists of amazing players such as Bahrimi, Quaresma, Slimani, Tello, Casemiro, Danilo, Alex Sandro, Gaitan, Jackson Martinez, Aboubakar, Luisao, Enzo Perez etc.

Ha ha ha, that made my morning! Quite a feat indeed giving the top quality opposition! He has 2 goals and no assists in 7 league games. He should have at least double those figures given the quality of the league. He has scored well in Europe though but Maribor are cat anyway.
    kryogen wrote: »
    I notice you don't get too many updates on him like you got in his first game when he missed the penalty and was "terrible". Some only like to put players down I guess and don't like to acknowledge when they are doing well.

The reason you don't get updates is because people who think he isn't good enough for united don't want to start another bloody Nani argument that goes no where. Same reason most people didn't mention the back heal to the ref or him trying to drag an injured player off the pitch.

I want him to do well, but away from United as I've had enough of him and the undeserved praise he gets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

RichFTW wrote: »
    Ha ha ha, that made my morning! Quite a feat indeed giving the top quality opposition! He has 2 goals and no assists in 7 league games. He should have at least double those figures given the quality of the league. He has scored well in Europe though but Maribor are cat anyway.

The reason you don't get updates is because people who think he isn't good enough for united don't want to start another bloody Nani argument that goes no where. Same reason most people didn't mention the back heal to the ref or him trying to drag an injured player off the pitch.

I want him to do well, but away from United as I've had enough of him and the undeserved praise he gets.

Theres more to a game than assist and goal stats.
    Back before everyone used to masturbate furiously over Opta's twitter account people used to look at more than just Goals and Assists. General play used to have more clout.

*Stares wistfully off into the middle distance*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

He's done well in highlight reels, seen his three nutmegs in a row clip... fairly sure it didn't amount to anything after that though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

I'm only a week back from a two week holiday in Eastern Europe. I hit six different countries and got to see all the football I wanted whilst over there. Ireland V Germany, Utd v West Brom, Pool v Madrid.

If you can get a flight out Saturday instead of the Sunday you should have no problem. Or late Sunday means you watch it here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

YtRg0Zu.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Chicken hut and Donkey Fords . perfection

Donkey Fords is excellent, but usually I'm not willing to exchange my wallet and/or life, for a bag of chips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

B1MtUfqCAAAWVG6.jpg

It might be a strange comparison, but Nani reminds me a lot of Diego Forlan.

Nani was vital a few seasons ago when he was playing every game for us, and clocked up impressive assist stats. The only time Forlan played 8 games in a row for us, he scored 6. Obviously he has proven his quality in La Liga and on the international stage since then, and scored a ridiculous amount of goals. United was the only club he didn't really hit his peak performance at.

There's no middle ground with some players. Some players need to be 100% trusted by the club & fans and play every game, they produce their best. It's feast or famine. If Nani went to any club where he will be one of the first names on the team sheet, he would have a very productive season in any league.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Back before everyone used to masturbate furiously over Opta's twitter account people used to look at more than just Goals and Assists. General play used to have more clout.

That's true but I think it applies more to other positions on the pitch. Goal and assist stats wouldn't show the true value of players like Silva and Scholes. For an attacking winger whose main job is to set up and score goals, is does give a good view of what they are contributing I think.

Not aimed at you but I have criticised his general play before and got goal and assist stats thrown back at me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Timmyctc wrote: »

This is the exact opposite of how the usual pro-Nani argument used to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The arguments go nowhere because people have selective memories and forget the impact he had in United winning titles with a goal or assist in the majority of games he played and label him inconsistent of all things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

keane2097 wrote: »
    This is the exact opposite of how the usual pro-Nani argument used to go.

My memory of the prevailing pro-Nani argument was that he needs to be played consistently to perform consistently, rather than that any deficiencies in his play are overshadowed by his goal and assist rates.

Liam O wrote: »
    The arguments go nowhere because people have selective memories and forget the impact he had in United winning titles with a goal or assist in the majority of games he played and label him inconsistent of all things.

You would need a good memory, not a selective one, at this stage given that it has been so long since he had the great seasons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You would need a good memory, not a selective one, at this stage given that it has been so long since he had the great seasons.
    When was the last time he was given a consistent run in the team?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Valencia fit to play, according to LVG he is the only one off the the injury list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

RobertKK wrote: »
    Valencia fit to play, according to LVG he is the only one off the the injury list.
    Topical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Fellaini to play, no surprise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement