Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

LVG says Rooney was never injured, maybe his shoes were too tight. He will play.

Falcao still injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

When was the last time he was given a consistent run in the team?

You can check my past posts to find all your Nani questions answered. I'm not getting into another Nani Groundhog Day.

If I managed to stay out when someone compared him to George Best, I can stay out of the gillionth consistency argument!

RobertKK wrote: »
    Fellaini to play, no surprise.

He's shown great form, looking forward to seeing what he can do to Man City.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Him playing well means he either comes back in good form or is sold for a higher fee.

How exactly is that not good for United??

Do you or the 21 people who thanked your post really believe that he will come back to United either way?

He's doing well and we're paying him - Not a great state of affairs. He should never have been allowed to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

RobertKK wrote: »
    LVG says Rooney was never injured, maybe his shoes were too tight. He will play.

Falcao still injured.

His loan hasn't got off the greatest of starts. Missed two of our biggest games of the season through injury already.

• Advertisement

Do you or the 21 people who thanked your post really believe that he will come back to United either way?

He's doing well and we're paying him - Not a great state of affairs. He should never have been allowed to leave.

As opposed to paying him and not playing him which is what we used to do?

As he said, he could come back to us or if he doesn't will likely command a higher fee due to good form. It is currently working out in our favour. Must you find something negative in everything? Hmmmm...

4a8abcedde48aa896b165de057848f62c02fe5aa47e7ef2399401f029f5c3c38.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2014/Oct/louis-van-gaal-previews-manchester-derby-rooney-fit-falcao-out.aspx?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=ManUtd

Ok so Falcao out but Rooney plays - delighted to have him back + Fellainis current form. Can't wait for Sunday!
    Rooney to play but Falcao ruled out

Wayne Rooney will lead Manchester United into derby combat against neighbours City on Sunday but Radamel Falcao has been ruled out through injury.

Louis van Gaal addressed the press on Friday to provide the team news ahead of the Etihad Stadium encounter and laughed off erroneous reports suggesting Rooney was a doubt with a foot problem. The captain returns from a three-match ban but Falcao remains sidelined after missing last week's draw with Chelsea.

Antonio Valencia is available again while Marouane Fellaini has a strong case for retaining his place in midfield after displaying excellent form of late.

"Rooney was not injured," asserted van Gaal. "The media was writing that but he was never injured. Maybe his shoes were too tight, that is possible, but he was never injured.

"He shall play, he is my captain. That is all I can say to you. Falcao is still injured. I have heard that he [Rooney] has scored a lot of goals against City, the most of any player. I said it to him to stimulate him but he doesn't need that. I am very happy that he can play again and he shall play."

Meanwhile, Fellaini will hope to be involved following his efforts against Chelsea when his header led to Robin van Persie's dramatic equaliser.

"He had a great contribution and also provided the assist for the goal," added the boss. "He did it [made a contribution] several times. He had a lot of time injured but, when he was fit, I have played him. He has to continue with that because then I am very pleased."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Anyone have the video?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

"Rooney was not injured," asserted van Gaal. "The media was writing that but he was never injured. Maybe his shoes were too tight, that is possible, but he was never injured.

Love the man, fecking love him :p

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

unplayable wrote: »
    yes i heard that last night too. i have a little bit of insider info as i work in the football world. he is definitely struggling to learn spanish also, utd are the only team i can see him going to and with adidas taking over our jerseys from next season the deal could become easier. i am aware real madrid are adidas too but they could be happy to at least have him move to another club they sponsor.

other bit of news i have is afaik rooney is fine for sunday and that comes from one of the players.

like i said 2 days ago rooney is fine. i did honestly hear it from one of the players. im not here to spread lies but as i said before if i hear anything happy to share it. main thing is we get a result on sunday. may have yaya toure news tomorrow as i know one of city physios. will share if i hear anything.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Sacramento wrote: »
    As opposed to paying him and not playing him which is what we used to do?

As he said, he could come back to us or if he doesn't will likely command a higher fee due to good form. It is currently working out in our favour. Must you find something negative in everything? Hmmmm

Must you think that everything is rosy?

Letting Nani leave was a mistake.

like i said 2 days ago rooney is fine. i did honestly hear it from one of the players. im not here to spread lies but as i said before if i hear anything happy to share it. main thing is we get a result on sunday. may have yaya toure news tomorrow as i know one of city physios. will share if i hear anything.

Were you the guy who gave us information in the summer and everyone slated you and it turned out you were right?

What player do you know? A youth player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Why do people feel the need to point out how little they rate Nani every time someone, rightfully, posts news about a United player out on loan?

This place is a parody of itself. And not a particularly good one.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Why do people feel the need to point out how little they rate Nani every time someone, rightfully, posts news about a United player out on loan?

This place is a parody of itself. And not a particularly good one.

It's the context if the post. When someone is posting another Nani did this or Nani is the best player in the league article, it's done to show how great is is and how wrong the anti Nani posters are for doubting his brilliance.

You don't see near as many people pointing out the disasters of his loan so why should we have to look at another pro Nani post without giving an opposing view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Must you think that everything is rosy?

Letting Nani leave was a mistake.

He's getting games, so if he comes good and returns he'll be valuable to us, because his confidence and performances were completely shot for us.

If he does well and we don't want him, we'll definitely get more money than if we'd let him rot on the bench. How can this be a bad thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

RichFTW wrote: »
    It's the context if the post. When someone is posting another Nani did this or Nani is the best player in the league article, it's done to show how great is is and how wrong the anti Nani posters are for doubting his brilliance.

You don't see near as many people pointing out the disasters of his loan so why should we have to look at another pro Nani post without giving an opposing view.

I always thought you were a city fan.

So posts about nani are only digs at others, give over. People are happy to see the clubs players doing well which that article seems to strongly imply, if you have an issue with that then you've an issue, doesn't mean the rest of us are part of some circlejerk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Pellegrini no longer counts Man Utd in same league as City, Chelsea and Liverpool

says the headline

http://www.mancunianmatters.co.uk/content/311071462-pellegrini-no-longer-counts-man-utd-same-league-city-chelsea-and-liverpool

Haha Liverpool. One good season compared to our 6/7 when man city became good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

A win against city could be absolutely massive for us I think - more then just the 3 points... it would almost throw off any fear factor of kicking on against the rest of the league. Even a point would be a decent result.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Were you the guy who gave us information in the summer and everyone slated you and it turned out you were right?

What player do you know? A youth player?

work for an football agency in london so hear things from time to time.

• Advertisement

I always thought you were a city fan.

So posts about nani are only digs at others, give over. People are happy to see the clubs players doing well which that article seems to strongly imply, if you have an issue with that then you've an issue, doesn't mean the rest of us are part of some circlejerk.

Ha ha I've been called worse.

Ya pretty much all the Nani posts are like I told you so posts. How many people post the same about Hernandez and he has got 4 goals and 2 assists in 7 games.

A lot of solid posters seem to have the pro Nani stance but I would class it more as a vicious circle rather than a circle jerk. It might have started out as one or two of the respected posters supporting Nani (but not totally convinced that they were right), then others saw these guys opinion and said this must be right as these guys generally know what they're talking about. This support then feed the original solid posters and reaffirmed their pro Nani view thus removing any doubt. And so the vicious circle of Nani support continued! Only plausible explanation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

RichFTW wrote: »
    Ha ha I've been called worse.

Ya pretty much all the Nani posts are like I told you so posts. How many people post the same about Hernandez and he has got 4 goals and 2 assists in 7 games.

A lot of solid posters seem to have the pro Nani stance but I would class it more as a vicious circle rather than a circle jerk. It might have started out as one or two of the respected posters supporting Nani (but not totally convinced that they were right), then others saw these guys opinion and said this must be right as these guys generally know what they're talking about. This support then feed the original solid posters and reaffirmed their pro Nani view thus removing any doubt. And so the vicious circle of Nani support continued! Only plausible explanation!
    Well either that, or the fact that he is a pretty talented footballer who was arguably our best player for 18 months or so before whatever happened that caused him to fall out of favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

"They have a combined age of..." has to take the cake for the worst criticism of sportsmen I've yet to hear. Kudos.
    RVP is 31 and Falcao is 29. RVP has been plagued by injury the last few years and is by all accounts on the decline. Falcao has had a serious injury and may never be the same player he once was or even close.

Context. It's important.

Not exactly sure why, but this will be the first derby in years where I'm feeling confident of us getting the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

K4t wrote: »
    RVP is 31 and Falcao is 29. RVP has been plagued by injury the last few years and is by all accounts on the decline. Falcao has had a serious injury and may never be the same player he once was or even close.

Context. It's important.

Their combined age has no significance whatsoever. You've brought up their recent injury history.

Context. Its got **** all to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Anyone have the video?

Nice job.

Let us know if you hear things. Don't mind the haterz.

Nice job.

Let us know if you hear things. Don't mind the haterz.

**** you guys. I've forgotten more ITKs than you've ever know #PLASTICFANS

Timmyctc wrote: »
    **** you guys. I've forgotten more ITKs than you've ever know #PLASTICFANS

#plasticfans4lyf

I don't even sing songs and think they are ****. I'm not even a real fan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Their combined age has no significance whatsoever. You've brought up their recent injury history.

Context. Its got **** all to do with it.

If you combined Giggs and Januzaj you'd get the same as combining RvP and Falcao, Januzaj's best years are behind him :pac:

If you combined Giggs and Januzaj you'd get the same as combining RvP and Falcao :pac:

SELL JANUZAJ BUY A 1 YEAR OLD

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Don't know what Pellagrini (and Kolorov the other day) are at. Pretty much giving LVG's teamtalk for him over the last week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Abusing an employee who left during week and needed this video.

relevance to United read the ticker thingie at the bottom from about 35 seconds on. its 2002 i think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0xDifH4NPE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

We're getting Wes Brown back in January!? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

If you combined Giggs and Januzaj you'd get the same as combining RvP and Falcao, Januzaj's best years are behind him :pac:

You've watched 'The Fly' tonight haven't you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Billy86 wrote: »
    We're getting Wes Brown back in January!? :eek:

Just bring him back for song alone.

Orange hair beware!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Abusing an employee who left during week and needed this video.

relevance to United read the ticker thingie at the bottom from about 35 seconds on. its 2002 i think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0xDifH4NPE

I wonder whas that late 2001 when it looked like Fergie might be heading out.

Good find

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Oiche Samhain é!

"Big Smiley"

:)

Zico wrote: »
    You've watched 'The Fly' tonight haven't you?

Nah, watching Stephen King's It there now, hard to believe that gave me nightmares for so long, it's hilariously bad :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Nah, watching Stephen King's It there now, hard to believe that gave me nightmares for so long, it's hilariously bad :pac:

The Babadook is online this evening,listened to the review the other night,seems like it's a perfect Halloween movie.

Hopefully there'll be no repeat of the horrors of last season against City.It's nice to be actually excited about a big game again compared to the trepidation of last year.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    The Babadook is online this evening,listened to the review the other night,seems like it's a perfect Halloween movie.

Going to see it in the cinema tomorrow, mostly good reviews but someone I work with said it was sh*te.

Going to see it in the cinema tomorrow, mostly good reviews but someone I work with said it was sh*te.

More psychological than the usual samey stuff that's churned out now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Giggs is retired and Januzaj is a teenager.
    RVP and Falcao are old and probably both in decline.

What's the problem?

K4t wrote: »
    Giggs is retired and Januzaj is a teenager.
    RVP and Falcao are old and probably both in decline.

What's the problem?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Thought the first part was decent. But the second part, well the less said about that the better!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Any news on falcao lads?

Any news on falcao lads?

Out for the City game.It must have been some kick he got.....My money is on Jones as the culprit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

zerks wrote: »
    Out for the City game.It must have been some kick he got.....My money is on Jones as the culprit.

Ffs rotten luck,can't get his united career going at all, when is he due back ? Probably wouldn't have started anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Any news on falcao lads?

A pensioner apparently.

Any news on falcao lads?

Worst player ever

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement