Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Big weekend again, a point would be lovely but it will be tough. Also late to the party but saw De Gea was our player of the month. Well deserved.

I know results wise we have been up and down this season but the football is truly more entertaining to watch than last year. Get a point this weekend and I can imagine us using the momentum to get on a roll, but as I said it will be very tough to get anything out of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

K4t wrote: »
    Giggs is retired and Januzaj is a teenager.
    RVP and Falcao are old and probably both in decline.

What's the problem?

Used to think you were being serious. Now I'm in no doubt :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

It's November and we haven't won a game away from home. Incredible given last season's away form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

No Falcao again, does anyone know what his actual injury is? Sorry if its been posted already, on the phone and searching is annoying!

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Don't know what Pellagrini (and Kolorov the other day) are at. Pretty much giving LVG's teamtalk for him over the last week...

May think confidence in the dressing room is fragile so having a little pick at them might have a desired effect, they may also think the dressing room doesn't have a strong character/mentality and may wilt a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Big Dave got 70% of the vote for Player Of The Month.

1414781353022_wps_35_DAVID_DE_GEA_INSTAGRAM_PI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

De Gea has really bulked up since we first bought him.

zerks wrote: »
    Big Dave got 70% of the vote for Player Of The Month.

1414781353022_wps_35_DAVID_DE_GEA_INSTAGRAM_PI.jpg
    KH25 wrote: »
    De Gea has really bulked up since we first bought him.
    Jesus he's gorgeous too

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭blackwave

For some reason I am quietly confident about tomorrow hopefully we can pull off a win. In LVG we Trust!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's November and we haven't won a game away from home. Incredible given last season's away form.

Yikes. Shocking stat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

MagicIRL wrote: »

+1

MagicIRL wrote: »
    +1

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Quit your faffing lads..too much faffing in here. Faff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Will all mean nothing unless we get something at city.

No point laughing when there still ahead of us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Great result for us, Liverpool have Chelsea next week too, good chance to get a bit of daylight between the 2.

I always thought that if we could keep ahead of Liverpool we would be sorted but the way things are going we need to keep well ahead of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Liverpool two weeks in a row have really took the pressure of us. I expected them to be a few clear of us after the last two fixtures. A point would be great tomorrow.

Still rueing that missed oppertunity at WBA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Point tomorrow, and a win against Palace when pool have Chelsea..
    Back on track..

Of course I've said thst before and things have completely hit the fan, but least we haven't been overly punished for the WBA game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Stats for you lads - the only teams to lose less games that us this season for far are Chelsea (0) and Arsenal (1). We are equal on 2 with City, Southampton and Hull.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I'm more worried about Southampton than Liverpool at this stage , pelle and tadic are better players than lallana and lambert . And schneidlerlin is top class too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I'm more worried about Southampton than Liverpool at this stage , pelle and tadic are better players than lallana and lambert . And schneidlerlin is top class too

Would love him at United

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Would love him at United

He dodged some bullet not going too Spurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Rooney back and Silva out are two big positives for us.

Once we defend well, we have a chance at getting some sort of result. I believe we will score, and should be much better than last year.
    The big question for us is our defense, and the big question for City is their current form.
    I don't think there is going to be much in it, either side has the potential to win.
    A win for us would be huge for the season. We can hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

RobertKK wrote: »

Once we defend well, we have a chance at getting some sort of result. I believe we will score, and should be much better than last year.
    The big question for us is our defense, and the big question for City is their current form.
    I don't think there is going to be much in it, either side has the potential to win.
    A win for us would be huge for the season. We can hope.

It is going to be interesting to see how the defence copes with Aguero probably the best striker in the league who can make a chance out of noting, but Im hoping that the loss of Silva will have an effect on his performance, last week Silva really came into the game when they went two nil down and he began to link up with Aguero who probably should have had at least one goal.

Going to play it safe and say a score draw 2-2 maybe

The problem tomorrow is,if we win then the naysayers will say "sure City are in poor form",if we lose then it's "United can't match City's quality,Manchester is Blue".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

The problem tomorrow is,if we win then the naysayers will say "sure City are in poor form",if we lose then it's "United can't match City's quality,Manchester is Blue".

f**k the naysayers man. keep-calm-cause-haters-gonna-hate-5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Fair point I would take a win and the naysayers comments though! :P

Most people I'm talking to don't really give us a chance. But that was the same thing last week so you never know.

A lot of players making their first appearance in a manchester derby and no doubt will be pumped up. Really looking forward tomorrow.

I have no problem at all with them saying, ah sure City are in poor form, good time to play them etc, no, not that I have no problem, probably the wrong expression. What I mean is I would not give a single **** what anybody said if we win tomorrow, matter of fact anyone coming along to try to downplay the victory would just cause my smile to grow wider as you would be able to see their butthurt from through the computer monitor

:)

Don't get me wrong,in the words of Kevin Keegan: "I'd love it if we beat them,LOVE IT!!"

Maybe balance is returning to the universe,Liverpool are going backwards and we are showing improvement plus confidence going into games again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

RobertKK wrote: »

I hope Rooney doesnt start ,he will be very rusty after not playing for Utd in over a month .
    He is liable to lose the head too if he is rusty .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

advertsfox wrote: »
    Stats for you lads - the only teams to lose less games that us this season for far are Chelsea (0) and Arsenal (1). We are equal on 2 with City, Southampton and Hull.

It's the draws that are killing us. Burnley, Sunderland and West Brom were ours to win but somehow we managed to draw.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

thelad95 wrote: »
    It's the draws that are killing us. Burnley, Sunderland and West Brom were ours to win but somehow we managed to draw.

Leicester :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Quit your faffing lads..too much faffing in here. Faff.

Keep up the faffing, I'm quite enjoying it! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We beat City tommorow

Then they'll believe us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Thank God it's the early kick off tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

I hope Rooney doesnt start ,he will be very rusty after not playing for Utd in over a month .
    He is liable to lose the head too if he is rusty .
    I'm sure he's been training hard. I wouldn't imagine he's been sitting at home scoffing pies TBH.

madcabbage wrote: »
    Keep up the faffing, I'm quite enjoying it! :pac:

UniformImpishKodiakbear.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Hazard is the best player in the league at winning penalties. It's a talent in itself.

• Advertisement

Hazard is the best player in the league at winning penalties. It's a talent in itself.

Wrong thread?

We beat City tommorow

Then they'll believe us

#MakeUsDream?? #WeGoAgain?? #NearlyThereSon??

All the good ones are taken as you can see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Its pretty easy when youre taken out to get penalties alright.

Lose tomorrow and we're level with Newcastle. Astonishing.

Lose tomorrow and we're level with Newcastle. Astonishing.

You're a United fan????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Timmyctc wrote: »
    You're a United fan????

Most posters know what he is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

why do you care what anyone says

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

kryogen wrote: »
    #MakeUsDream?? #WeGoAgain?? #NearlyThereSon??

All the good ones are taken as you can see

guy i know posts that we go again thing again and again its rerally cringeworthy reading it tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

why do you care what anyone says

i agree i dont give a rats what media and muppets say about us... i really think van gaal is the man for the job and he is gonna do something special with the team he is building...

Timmyctc wrote: »
    You're a United fan????
    I'm a football fan with a penchant for Utd....

guy i know posts that we go again thing again and again its rerally cringeworthy reading it tbh

Every single one of them is ****ing horrendous, the books they have on the "glorious" campaign of last season is so hard to laugh anymore at its so pathetic. I guess I am just not at the point in my life when I am a big enough person to not mock them on these days.

I took plenty last year in work, I am enjoying the plight this year.

On to the match, I am not as positive as I was last week for some reason, I suppose its our away form, and I dont see City losing 3 in a week. I hope we play to at least the same level as last week. With that we can certainly get something if City have another below par day

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement