Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

kryogen wrote: »
    #MakeUsDream?? #WeGoAgain?? #NearlyThereSon??

All the good ones are taken as you can see
    Every single one of them is ****ing horrendous, the books they have on the "glorious" campaign of last season is so hard to laugh anymore at its so pathetic. I guess I am just not at the point in my life when I am a big enough person to not mock them on these days.

I took plenty last year in work, I am enjoying the plight this year.

Whuh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

K4t wrote: »
    I'm a football fan with a penchant for Utd....
    ...and Danny Welbeck.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

No Gary, Oscar's finish wasn't goal of the day. It wasn't even the best goal in that match. Wanyama was goal of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

K4t wrote: »
    No Gary, Oscar's finish wasn't goal of the day. It wasn't even the best goal in that match. Wanyama was goal of the day.

Are you ok, son?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Just looking at MOTD there now, it's worrying how many centre backs I would gladly have at United right now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Every single one of them is ****ing horrendous, the books they have on the "glorious" campaign of last season is so hard to laugh anymore at its so pathetic. I guess I am just not at the point in my life when I am a big enough person to not mock them on these days.

If last year has taught me anything, it's taught me to never ever show a Liverpool fan any mercy.

Give 'em death, son.:D

pablo128 wrote: »
    If last year has taught me anything, it's taught me to never ever show a Liverpool fan any mercy.

Give 'em death, son.:D

Yep, this. Last season soaked up every last drop of compassion I had towards Liverpool and their 20+ years of mainly failure. Looking forward to them losing another few games and then let the 'Brendan Rodgers is a football genius' chants begin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/louis-van-gaal-orders-pampered-4551010

I like LVG more and more. Although I doubt he has actually "declared war" on the players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Plight, yet we're still ahead of Utd. Funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Mr Alan wrote: »

Alan, do you think Liverpool will still be ahead of Utd come the end of the season? And of course it is still early days and impossible to predict the future, but based on the season up to now?

I can't see it happening. Utd are starting to get their act together whereas Liverpool seem to be going in the opposite direction. There are a lot of very concerned Pool fans out there at the moment and with very good reason too IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

stankratz wrote: »
    Yep, this. Last season soaked up every last drop of compassion I had towards Liverpool and their 20+ years of mainly failure. Looking forward to them losing another few games and then let the 'Brendan Rodgers is a football genius' chants begin.

Chants AND fly overs surely.. Might as well keep it as classy as last season

It is a plight though. Most United fans have realised that a bit of time is necessary and the signs are there that things are getting better, still in and around the same position as it was at the end of last season but looking much better on the pitch in general, worse in defence though :o
    Liverpool on the other hand are spiralling at this moment in time, it needs to be turned around very quickly or it could get really ugly. It seems anyone has a good chance at taking points off Liverpool, home or away.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Spoiler if you buy the Mail on Sunday

There is a David Moyes exclusive in the Mail on Sunday.
    He starts off by talking how he first signed Fellaini for Everton and how it was a last minute dash to Brussels on transfer deadline day with time running out.
    He said they went to Belgium willing to spend at most about £11m to £12m on Fellaini but time was running out and they ended up paying £15m.
    Moyes said it was a lot of money for Everton in 2008 and he is always careful when it comes to spending the club's money.

It is a good read on how Fellaini was signed the first time to bring him to the Premiership as it was then. It was chaotic. Moyes calls the experience at the hotel where the deal was too take place a 'complete car crash', the hotel was still being built...

Moyes was worried about Fellaini's hair and would it affect his headers by slowing them down.

Moyes said he brought him to United because he is technically very good, has 'fantastic' chest control of the ball, very professional, works hard, he will do anything asked of him and all you hear from him after a training sesion is a 'thank you coach'.

Moyes says Fellaini was very excited about the move to United. His father was in tears he was so happy, he was a former professional footballer.

Moyes says Fellaini was not suppose to be the only signing, and he talks about the pressure that put on Fellaini when things didn't go well.
    Moyes says how when times were tough he would tell Fellaini he would become a top United player if he just kept working hard. Then he says it was hard on Fellaini when he left and he was upset as they had a great relationship and Moyes felt bad over that as he had told Fellaini he would be there for years, but then this is football he says...

He finishes by saying how delighted he is for Fellaini after watching the last two games and he needed last season someone like Daley Blind as a defensive midfielder to work along side him, that he had Phil Neville at Everton. Defour and/or Witsel at Standard Liege.

Moyes finishes by saying Fellaini is a damn fine footballer who was worth the effort and the money.

I just want to say, I hope Fellaini reads this before the game today. David Moyes is a really good person, pity it didn't work out for him at United.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

^^^fair play to Moyes. He really does come across as a genuinely nice guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

The big difference between the two teams this year is that United have mostly been putting in a decent shift. Our defensive frailties are obvious but we are once again a potent and dangerous team going forward. Liverpool on the other hand have been more or less woeful to watch, devoid of leadership, static in attack and weak in defence. Last year ye had LS on absolute fire to mask the failings elsewhere, this year ye dont. Plus BR has once again proven to be shocking in the transfer market.

Last year was a blip for Liverpool, it really was a one man team and as every game goes past that is becoming more and more evident.

So yes, plight is a perfectly apt description of how their season has been going thus far.

The big difference between the two teams this year is that United have mostly been putting in a decent shift.

That's not true at all? :confused:

With a couple of exceptions, Utd have been absolutely piss poor this season. Same as Liverpool.

I don't know who'll finish ahead of who to be honest. But both teams are pretty ****e at the moment so it's like 2 retards arguing over who is less retarded.

I was simply scoffing at Utd fans laughing at Liverpool's season being so ****e, while they sit behind Liverpool in the table. Seems weird.

I know that monumental draw last week has Utd fans thinking the team is world beaters but I'd suggest you maybe hold off a while before popping out the champagne gents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Ahh would ya **** off with the Liverpool v United ****e. Jesus lads.

IT'S MATCHDAY!

Rojo and Aguero may be team mates when playing for Argentina but they don't get on well together.

In the Mail, same page as the Moyes exclusive, it says Aguero didn't turn up for a charity event which had been scheduled weeks in advance for the Argentinian players to attend, Zabaleta, Di Maria and Rojo turned up. Rojo joked "I thought he would be here, just like you did, maybe he is scared."

At the world cup Aguero and Rojo exchanged angry words after Rojo brought his friend a pop star by the name of El Polaco into the dressing room after one of the WC games.
    El Polaco happens to be the former boyfriend of Aguero's partner and Aguero was furious with Rojo over this.

Rojo says he will be marking Aguero and says one needs to be tough with Aguero. Rojo says close marking and strong tackles needed.

MagicIRL wrote: »

IT'S MATCHDAY!

True, after my first post today I had to check back some posts to see if I was in the right thread, thought I had embarrassingly posted in the Liverpool thread, even though it said Manchester United in the link.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

IT'S MATCHDAY!

Soz bbz.

:(

If that Aguero story is true then I've lost a little respect for him. Regardless of how himself and Rojo may get on its a charity event!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I was simply scoffing at Utd fans laughing at Liverpool's season being so ****e, while they sit behind Liverpool in the table. Seems weird.

It's November, who cares about the table.

KH25 wrote: »
    If that Aguero story is true then I've lost a little respect for him. Regardless of how himself and Rojo may get on its a charity event!

He claimed he had to go to the airport to pick up someone. It might be or might not be a valid excuse.

But Rojo made it clear in the piece, he is looking forward to getting stuck into Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

KH25 wrote: »

That story came out during the WC.Aguero threw his toys out of the pram and came across as very petty & childish.

MUTV going with Fellaini in the #10 role with Rooney & RVP up front.

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    It's November, who cares about the table.

It's the most reasonable barometer for assessing results a quarter way into the season, so I suspect most people? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

It's the most reasonable barometer for assessing results a quarter way into the season, so I suspect most people? :confused:

A full point. Liverpool are the best team in the world.

A full point. Liverpool are the best team in the world.

No no, we're quite ****e unfortunately.

zerks wrote: »

Aggressive attack. Fellani deserves his place so Rooney pushed forward makes sense.

Is Jones available?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Aggressive attack. Fellani deserves his place so Rooney pushed forward makes sense.

Is Jones available?

No,shin splints.

• Advertisement

No no, we're quite ****e unfortunately.

Back to normal so,at least we won't be seeing victory celebrations in April.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Do me a favour Mr Alan, less use of the word "retard" please

Manchester Derby and its Liverpool shyte talk in here, why!!

-

Gary Neville predicting City to win "if you're a betting man you'd have to say City"

Tá mé tres nerviousonio

Not really, Southampton being an example of this. Pretty sure Hull were also joint top of the league after 9 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

I think it will be Blind and Fellaini with Rooney just in front behind RVP. Di Maria and potentially Januzaj on the wings again. Being honest that looks the most balanced team we can play and will give us a chance of nicking something. Looking forward to this!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It's an easy one for me

Would you rather be in the position of having a manager who has had over two full years, spent almost a quarter of a billion pounds, and things now looking like going to shít after a player leaving and praises of being "one of the best young managers in the world" after one good season looking unfounded, Suarez hitting world class levels looking like the reason behind it all

Or would you rather a manager who is a proven winner, who has bought and is looking to buy the quality of player we need, has a history of helping build good foundations at a club, and who is showing progress so far regardless of whether we are one point off liverpool or 4 points off 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Getting close now lads

Time for the underdogs to bite back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Looking forward to this although not over confident. Someone posted on the match thread that there's rumours Valencia is to start at RB. Let's hope that's all it is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

zerks wrote: »

All that money spent and we're going into a Manchester derby with this generation's Tony Cascarino in the playmaker role.

Shocking.

RasTa wrote: »
    Not really, Southampton being an example of this. Pretty sure Hull were also joint top of the league after 9 games

Which demonstrate the value of looking at the table as both Hull & Southampton have had class starts to the season? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

First and foremost, I'm hoping to see a good quality performance from us today and hopefully we come out of this with at least a point.

If we perform very well but for whatever reason end up losing, I would be disappointed but not devastated.

A long as our team continues to gel and this is evident in the performances I will be happy.

• Advertisement

Which demonstrate the value of looking at the table as both Hull & Southampton have had class starts to the season? :confused:

Sigh...... Forget it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

All that money spent and we're going into a Manchester derby with this generation's Tony Cascarino in the playmaker role.

Shocking.
    I don't agree with playing him in that spot, but I have probably been an even bigger critic of his from the get go than you have and I have to admit, he has been vastly improved the last 1.5 games. It's a tiny sample size m and I still wouldn't even have him as a certain starter for the 'easier' games, but given LVGs history of developing, reinventing and rejuvenating players roles and careers and our sheer lack of depth at CM it can't be seen as anything but a major positive (especially since if we are to get players in in January, CB should be the focus).

Billy86 wrote: »
    I don't agree with playing him in that spot, but I have probably been an even bigger critic of his from the get go than you have and I have to admit, he has been vastly improved the last 1.5 games. It's a tiny sample size m and I still wouldn't even have him as a certain starter for the 'easier' games, but given LVGs history of developing, reinventing and rejuvenating players roles and careers and our sheer lack of depth at CM it can't be seen as anything but a major positive (especially since if we are to get players in in January, CB should be the focus).

I hope you're right.

I still think he's a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Valencia at right back... Oh Christ lads!

Oh Jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Rafael must be injured again? Not even on the bench.
    Januzai lucky to get a starting position IMO. Would prefer to Herrera in there.

Suppose Rafael was due an injury, I like the lad but he will never be a long term option. That's another position that needs filling.

Lads we need a RB badly. I love Raf but valencia is absolutely cack at defending. Constantly loses his man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

No Hererra makes me sad. Think we need someone like him in place of Jan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I won't get into this with you since I know you are far from happy with Liverpools start to the season, I also know that it would be impossible for you to not understand why I would be happy with Liverpools start to the season. We also won't go down the road of having to question if you have ever been happy at United going through a sticky period even if Liverpool aren't doing too great themselves as we all know the answer. Pretense of anything else is, funny.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement