Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

A draw would be a serious achievment here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

What a defence we have. Time to just park the bus. All the players should just stand on the line.
    A point would be a great result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Good man McNair

It's the theatrical dives following the ankle taps that's undoing City here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Our defence. A right winger, a centre mid, a youth player and Luke Shaw :(

City should have had 3 penalties in fairness, could be in a much worse situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

I hope LVG absolutely destroys Smalling after this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Damage limitation. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Top four? We're only in the top half on goal difference.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

We need a huge spend in January. Our defenders can't stay fit and out back up RB is a man who can't remember how to play football.

°°°°°

KH25 wrote: »
    We need a huge spend in January. Our defenders can't stay fit and out back up RB is a man who can't remember how to play football.

And how many minutes have we gotten out of Falcao since he arrived? Strikers are having a stinker of a season too.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    And how many minutes have we gotten out of Falcao since he arrived? Strikers are having a stinker of a season too.

What does Falcao have to do with our defenders constantly being injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That was the chance :(.

Edit: And that. Fúck my life.

°°°°°

What does Falcao have to do with our defenders constantly being injured?

He is also injured and hadn't really featured for us at all. Rvp is off form and rooney got himself suspended for three games. Hence the strikers having a poor season.

Glazers Out!

He is also injured and hadn't really featured for us at all. Rvp is off form and rooney got himself suspended for three games. Hence the strikers having a poor season.

Again, what has that got to do with our defenders? This is nothing about playing poorly. It's about not having players that can be relied on to stay fit.

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Again, what has that got to do with our defenders? This is nothing about playing poorly. It's about not having players that can be relied on to stay fit.

Cool off. I added the comment about the strikers to what you said about the defenders. I wasn't discussing what you said. Stop being so aggressive.

Glazers Out!

Cool off. I added the comment about the strikers to what you said about the defenders. I wasn't discussing what you said. Stop being so aggressive.

Firstly I'm not being aggressive. I'm simply asking what the strikers have to do with my comment. I took your reply to mean there was some kind of link between the two. My mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Smalling is an idiot he is experienced enough at this stage. we need 2 CBS in January

Not a bad performance considering we were down to 10 for an hour.

Happy enough with the performance even if the result goes against us yet again. Bit of a letdown all that pressure didn't pay off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It's a shame we couldn't play like we were at 1-0 down when we were 0-0; we closed up shop so early, even when we were getting lucky with penalties. When they scored, we looked a different team who could have pushed on, and it would be nice to know what could have been if Smalling hadn't got sent off. He cost us badly today.

Rooney was useless in CM (bar one good moment, as usual). RVP was isolated. DiMaria was marked out of the game. Januzaj was bad too.

Shaw had a good game I felt. De Gea made two good saves in the first half. Blind did grand, McNair and Wilson did well when they came on.

For me, I came out of the loss far less demotivated than I did to smaller losses and draws last year. The nerves from the City team and fans shows that we're moving in the right direction. If we could get out defense sorted out, I think we'd be scary. But the defence situation is killing us right now.

McNair was a rock. I've been impressed with all his gametime this season. I'd easily start him over Jones or Evans when they eventually come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Look lads to only concede 1 goal against city with 10 men and Carrick, Valencia, McNair and Shaw as our back four isn't the worst.

Injuries to our backs have been very unfortunate so far this season but that aside I though we played the best football for most of the game.

Still sloppy passes and set pieces at times but the overall direction seems to be positive enough.

1-0 loss to Man City away while playing with 10-men is respectable and there is no need to panic. Obviously the same few will come on in complaining about VG but for now I remain positive about the direction of the team.

Ah well, Palace at home next week. We'll get our monthly win then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

With a back 4 of Valencia, Mc Nair, Carrick and Shaw we were ok. Only thing I'm pissed off with is Smalling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Positives to take.

Fellaini again played well, looks a different man from last year.

McNair & Wilson both looked very comfortable when they came on.

Herrara and Falcao to come into the squad.

Negatives.

DiMaria out of sorts again.

Rojo hurt.

RVP poor again.

Overall it could have been a helluva lot worse and Rooney should have taken his chance.

Although its a loss, its not one that we were expected to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Wilson did very well when he came on. Januzaj does not deserve to start. That's three games in a row and he has been pretty crap in all three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Feared the worst after baby brain Smalling got sent off. But have to say the minute City stepped off, we seemed to step up and recognise there was a chance.

Really strong stuff from the team second half, granted the goal was conceded but we didn't wilt and get battered. If we can keep that spirit and character up throughout the season we will be laughing.

I'd be more worried as a City fan, they were completely on the ropes for the last 15-20 mins? Crazy stuff all together

Thought Fellaini was excellent again today. He really just menaces teams but has neat passing as well.

Was raging when Smalling got sent off, and I still am seething, but happy considering the second half fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Damn you Smalling, really thought we were on course to win this one.

If we drop points next weekend we'll be in the bottom half of the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Great game from the lads - Shaw absolutely fantastic ... Could easily have got a draw there. The heart the lads showed there to keep going is very very promising for the future.

Smalling ridiculous stupid to get sent off and up to that point we were very comfortable.

And what for Fellani - brilliant again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Right so we are playing good at least just not clicking yet, we should win the next 3 games to show we are moving forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Didn't create enough when on top in the first half,then Smalling left the team down with two stupid yellows,Rojo getting injured was another shoe in the stones,the injury curse is showing no signs of ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

Hard to keep staying positive with 3 wins in 10 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

Smalling 100% to blame for this.

im amazed a talented simpleton could ruin a day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Smallings first yellow was infuriating. His 2nd challenge was a definite 2nd yellow but Valencia's terrible positioning didn't help that situation

I felt both Shaw and Valencia were quite poor.

A lot of positives to be taken from they match too though. We looked like nicking something right till the end and the team kept fighting until the end. Considering we were down to 10 men for the entire 2nd half that says a lot about the spirit and attitude of the players.

I thought Fellaini was fantastic and he was causing all sorts of problems for City. Rooney also did exceptionally well toward the later stages of to game. Blind did well and City couldn't control the centre while we had all 11 players on the field.

Disappointing result but definite positives to be taken from that performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Also the referee was absolutely terrible.

Zabaleta and Clichy should have received early bookings and would have meant Zab sent off. Hart got away with something absolutely outrageous, that if it was anyone else, they'd get away with murder.

The standard of refereeing in the English PL is garbage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Carrick did well when he came on, might be a decent option with his experience to organise the defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Another 3 points dropped.

13 points after 10 games..... That's relegation form!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Never easy to lose against city, but my thoughts were

Smalling - what the hell were you thinkin, oh yeah you didn't!
    Shaw had a good game
    Fellaini, beast
    Janujaz - ineffective again

Expected a tonking when we went down to ten, but we could've in the end scraped a draw

• Advertisement

The defence is killing us. Massive respect to McNair for today. I thought he stepped in well. The fact that Jones Smalling Evans and Raf can't stay fit is very concerning. Replacements are needed.

Another 3 points dropped.

13 points after 10 games..... That's relegation form!

Yes. We are going to be relegated.

Di Maria reminded me of Nani on an off day today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

We deserved a draw on the balance of play there and the mentality of the group seems good. Just a pity Smalling got a bit carried away for the first yellow. A really silly card but at the same time I thought it was good to see him up for the battle. For me he was playin well up until that moment of madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

For how long can we 'play well' but continue dropping points? Only reason we're still in shout of top 4 is the fact that the other big teams (bar Chelsea) are dropping points as well. See reasons for optimism but they don't convert to points on the table.

Also Smalling has shown over the past two seasons that he's not a United player. Needs to go, permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Di Maria reminded me of Nani on an off day today.

Di Maria and valencia need to be kept well away from each other cos whatever valencia picked up a few years ago seems to be contagious

• Advertisement

Do you think so?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Do you think so?

Completely, we are never going to win a game ever again.

POSSY wrote: »
    Hard to keep staying positive with 3 wins in 10 games.

Progress, philoshopy, players gelling, excuses etc.

I have no problem with no Van Gaal, I'm sure he knows what he's doing. It's not his fault that he's stuck with honestly, no exaggeration, one of the worst defences in the league.

Haha, Ah well, don't be too hard on yourself.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Do you think so?

94f0cb21bd56b93e42b4e712200eced6.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement