Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Palace, Arsenal and Hull our only games in November, 7 points minimum needed now.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Lol united have the English, Argentinian and Dutch left backs.

Don't know what you trying to say. I was pointing out that we needed to improve our options in those positions from last season, due to evra leaving and our wingers having no assists from last season.

That's why we bought big on shaw and di Maria and prehaps didn't spend more in midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Quandary wrote: »
    Once again we top the injuries charts

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

We have become the new Arsenal when it comes to racking up the injuries.

A few players there that must be nearly quailfied physio's themselves at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I thought Shaw done well today he was not getting much help.

Fellaini the best player on the pitch imo.

Rooney in the second half was very good. He showed some nice touches and his passing was good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Bit of a random question lads, when will the feb games be locked down for tv? Have tickets sorted for Burnley @ home which is a midweek match, but obviously don't want to book anything yet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

Im happy the MC and CH games are over

I would think united can push up the table at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Mr_Red wrote: »
    Im happy the MC and CH games are over

I would think united can push up the table at this stage

Think we've said this about 10 times in the past year :P Its never come to fruition.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Shaw is very matured and composed for his age. Looked very good defensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

One journalist at the press conference says to Louis you have 13 points, half the points that Chelsea have, how can you address that.
    He tells him he can count too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

K4t wrote: »
    Yes, you're right.

If anything he should be getting more criticism having spent nearly twice as much, with one of Moyes' signings being one of our best players against Chelsea and City. But he has a philosophy and Moyes didn't so it's ok.

I won't even bother trying to explain it to you.

327048.jpg

• Advertisement

LVG says Fellaini isn't the spitting sort of person, that sometimes when shouting at someone that saliva can come out.
    On MUTV they wondered what language he was shouting, being Belgian and the spit controversy, they settled on Flemish...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Fellaini 2.5 larry 0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

RobertKK wrote: »
    LVG says Fellaini isn't the spitting sort of person, that sometimes when shouting at someone that saliva can come out.
    On MUTV they wondered what language he was shouting, being Belgian and the spit controversy, they settled on Flemish...:p

That post has made my day! Haha! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

https://vine.co/v/OOgvXdTetTj

So will he get done for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Shaw is very matured and composed for his age. Looked very good defensively.

Really? I honestly thought he struggled a bit today positionally a few times and looked a yard or two short of pace. Physically he is very mature for his age but I think he looks a bit slower now than he did while playing for Southampton. I remember an interview with one of his Southampton team mates saying Shaw was the quickest player in the squad but he has looked a bit sluggish for us IMO.

J. Marston wrote: »

Looks more like he's shouting and slobbers on him than spitting :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Rafael is a liability, anyone who still thinks he's a world class defender is deluded.

Well that settles that so, thanks for clearing that up chief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I love the fact that it's a Liverpool fan vine account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Looks more like he's shouting and slobbers on him than spitting :pac:

That's my read of that. Shouldn't have gone near him anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Ah sure he was only playing Ookie mouth with Ageuro. Harmless fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

What, for drooling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

Sure i do that on a night out. Its drooling rather then spitting lol

Its like saying Hart should have been done for a headbutt
    b7m253o.jpg

non issue imo.

He shouldn't.

Looks like a dribble rather than spitting. Most people don't be shouting with their mouth faced towards the ground and I think this is one reason why, you can dribble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Spit gate is just more made up ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The worrying thing with smalling and jones even though they have been playing now for 3 or 4 years there still makinh such silly mistakes that you'd expect from 18 year olds. Id trust mcnair and blackett on their performances this season i

Our centre backs today, one dislocated their shoulder, the other dislocated their brain.

sky88 wrote: »
    The worrying thing with smalling and jones even though they have been playing now for 3 or 4 years there still makinh such silly mistakes that you'd expect from 18 year olds. Id trust mcnair and blackett on their performances this season i

Carrick, our midfielder is a more calming influence on defense than most of our central defenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

adox wrote: »
    Spit gate is just more made up ****.

Exactly, you can only laugh at the sad bastard that makes a super slow-mo gif of a lad dribbling to try and pass it off as spitting... And it's a Liverpool fan of all people :pac:

You can bet your life it looked less like a spit in real time.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

This may sound rash but perhaps it's time to move the likes of Evans, Jones, Smalling and possibly even Rafael on over the next couple of transfer windows, bringing in proper replacements in the process. Between endless injury issues and simply not stepping up to the plate when we've needed them to I just can't see us putting together a solid and consistent back four that involves any of them.

I've been impressed with McNair and Blackett so far this season, but they need time that we don't have. Perhaps we could have them nipping at the heels of a couple of big-name defensive signings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Januzaj does not deserve to start. That's three games in a row and he has been pretty crap in all three.
    You could just as easily be talking about Di Maria, except it would be a stupid decision, just like with Januzaj.

Both Rafael and Januzaj have been criticised lately but both are excellent players and two of the best in the league in their positions when fit and in form.

They along with Wilson are the future, not even close to the problem.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Soldie wrote: »
    This may sound rash but perhaps it's time to move the likes of Evans, Jones, Smalling and possibly even Rafael on over the next couple of transfer windows, bringing in proper replacements in the process. Between endless injury issues and simply not stepping up to the plate when we've needed them to I just can't see us putting together a solid and consistent back four that involves any of them.

We don't need to "move them on" as much as some need to be moved back to the bench. Raf and Jones will at the very least make great backups. Evans is fine as a bench player. Smalling can go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Good to see Giggs has been giving Di Maria some tips on his corner taking..

infuriating

hit the first man 3 times, or was it more?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Happy with the team, the fighting attitude and the prospects for climbing the table, but getting concerned with the 9 point gap to Southampton as we need to catch either them, City or Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

You could just as easily be talking about Di Maria, except it would be a stupid decision, just like with Januzaj.

Both Rafael and Januzaj have been criticised lately but both are excellent players and two of the best in the league in their positions when fit and in form.

Ah here now.

There are a lot of good players in Januzaj's position. Don't overhype the lad.

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »
    infuriating

hit the first man 3 times, or was it more?
    Dunno, I couldn't look.

RVP or Rooney should be on all corners and direct free kicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I think I'm going blind

Dunno, I couldn't look.

RVP or Rooney should be on all corners and direct free kicks.

Di Maria has an exceptional pass and cross, but not from a dead ball. he needs movemnt or pace on the ball already

I was disappointed Adnan started and shouldnt have, but he won 3 or 4 freekicks before we went down to 10 men... and if Smalling hadn't left his brain behind him it easily could have been City down a man instead.

Ref wasn't great. City defo should have had one penalty, if not two... and they defo should of had more bookings first half in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I though Januzaj was playing well until the sending off. He was causing Clichy all sorts of problems and should've had the City man booked within the opening 10 for a blatant pull-back.

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    Ah here now.

There are a lot of good players in Januzaj's position. Don't overhype the lad.
    I'm not, at 19 he is that good. If anything he has become underrated lately by Utd fans so they can avoid or ignore Di Maria's poor performances.

I'm not, at 19 he is that good. If anything he has become underrated lately by Utd fans so they can avoid or ignore Di Maria's poor performances.

A poor Di Maria performance is better than an ok Januzaj performance sadly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Just when I thought that I'd seen everything that this thread can offer, it gives again...

Posters describing Fellaini's performances as "brilliant".

We're a f..king rabble and all over the shop. We had the easiest start we've ever had and we're still without an away win.

Has Van Gaal got a clue?

Just when I thought that I'd seen everything that this thread can offer, it gives again...

We're a f..king rabble and all over the shop. We had the easiest start we've ever had and we're still without an away win.

Has Van Gaal got a clue?

Fellaini was our best player. Accept it and move on.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    A poor Di Maria performance is better than an ok Januzaj performance sadly.
    Not on the evidence of the last 3 games. And I disagree in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Januzaj offers nothing, Di Maria even when playing poorly will create something. Pretty simple really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

It's gas the way some lads can't reasses their view on a player and admit they may have been wrong, or at least give said player any sort of credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Fair enough, there's no need to say that he's capable of being 'one of the best players in his position' though. He hasn't put those performances in at all.

Reminds me of a row I had in this thread when Jones was signed. Posters were calling him 'the best young defender in the world'. They were including Hummels and Silva in that too.

Good young players with bags of potential, that's all. Trying to draw comparisons at this stage is silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Has Van Gaal got a clue?

Fellaini is in your head. He has beaten you.

kryogen wrote: »
    Januzaj offers nothing, Di Maria even when playing poorly will create something. Pretty simple really
    It's not that simple though, it's deluded.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement