Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Injuries, injuries, injuries.

I've gone past searching for an excuse with the medical team. We just have the biggest bunch of fragile players in world football, it's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

J. Marston wrote: »
    Injuries, injuries, injuries.

I've gone past searching for an excuse with the medical team. We just have the biggest bunch of fragile players in world football, it's ridiculous.
    Its absolutely ridiculous - it actually bates all out :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I really dont need to explain why not keeping a player who has just scored 20 goals in 18 games is stupid

28 games you mean - and it won't happen anyways. A player who has been match fit for roughly half our matches so far and will be 29 in February. Paying 40 odd million for him would be madness given his injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

28 games you mean - and it won't happen anyways. A player who has been match fit for roughly half our matches so far and will be 29 in February. Paying 40 odd million for him would be madness given his injuries.
    Here is my response to your opinion
    gGXAN6r.gif

Signings like Falcao, acknowledging the risks of injury etc.. go far beyond how many goals he may score and whatever else. It's like a signal of intent and ambition; belief. Other players would be attracted to come to Man Utd now more then they would have been last season due to facts like Di Maria, Falcao, Rooney and Van Persie play for us. Also the LvG factor helps given his pedigree. It's never as simple as most put it.

It's also too early to judge Falcao but if you were to make assumptions, surely it wouldn't be to say he's not the player he was. He gives us something different in a positive way to Rooney and RvP and I think that's been evident even in the few games he has played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Gary Neville thinks the size of the task may have surprised Van Gaal, from going from 3 months to 3 years

We were probably running on Fergie dust for a long time

It really surprises me how neville has changed his tune from end of last season when he said the squad didnt need major work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Van Gaal was in Warrington tonight apparently. Could be a January transfer target.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

I hope Man United perform well against Crystal Palace after the loss in the match versus Man City a few days ago..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

sky88 wrote: »
    It really surprises me how neville has changed his tune from end of last season when he said the squad didnt need major work

I think he and many others shared an epiphany that Moyes wasn't the big bad wolf who blew the house down and that there was actually a problem with the quality at the club along with the playing style that was partly left over from Fergie's final years

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Honestly the injuries we have had to our defence has played a big roll this season. This week again things will be tough.

On the bright side McNair and Blackett are both looking very promising. Hopefully the team can go on a good enough run and the young players can seize their opportunity.

As much as results haven't exactly gone our way the performances this year have been much better in my view. I'm just hoping we can manage a spell with few injuries and go and pick up points. If we can manage to be in a good position to challenge for 4th spot by the start of January I will be very happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

LVG now looking for 3 years to rebuild the club. At the start of the year it was 3 months. Think it's time to start producing better results and less of the excuses.

No, he's been saying it could take 3 years since the start of the season.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/louis-van-gaal-might-take-4093179

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

<3 that man.

LVG now looking for 3 years to rebuild the club. At the start of the year it was 3 months. Think it's time to start producing better results and less of the excuses.

Has he really said this though? I was surprised he said the 3 month thing too. Always seemed a bit more media with it than he is?

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Has he really said this though? I was surprised he said the 3 month thing too. Always seemed a bit more media with it than he is?

Well as I see it; He said 3 months before you see his philosophy beginning to become evident in the squad. The 3 years comment is about where he believes he can take the club to (real Madrid/Bayern level). In fact it seems that's exactly what he's said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Game Day - McNair hat trick on the cards?

tumblr_inline_na63gxcwt81rkzfzf.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

LoganRice wrote: »
    I hope Man United perform well against Crystal Palace after the loss in the match versus Man City a few days ago..

8XVLK5zM.jpeg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

advertsfox wrote: »
    Game Day - McNair hat trick on the cards?

tumblr_inline_na63gxcwt81rkzfzf.gif

Gets red carded.... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Think I will stay well away if we don't get anything but win today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Think I will stay well away if we don't get anything but win today

You and me both. I've been staying away a fair bit since the City game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Palace will be tricky but let's hope the lads can do the job. I saw Rafael name in the provisional squad. Is there a good chance he might actually play?

• Advertisement

This thread will have to be brought out the back abd shot if we lose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I see no other outcome but a win. With Fellani in the team we have been looking so much more solid.

I see no other outcome but a win. With Fellani in the team we have been looking so much more solid.
    Taking care of bizniz...

Fallaini-foul.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

This thread will have to be brought out the back abd shot if we lose

Imagine if Liverpool get something from their game beforehand.
    I've a sneaky suspicion they will too, no better time to play Chelsea so far this season.

Imagine if Liverpool get something from their game beforehand.
    I've a sneaky suspicion they will too, no better time to play Chelsea so far this season.

They better not. Got 30 on Chelsea to win.

I think Chelsea will be up to win after the last few matches, a bit like man city

I think Chelsea will be up to win after the last few matches, a bit like man city
    Use my boss's logic (Liverpool fan).

Bet on other team to win, if they do - free money, if they don't - his team wins so happy days.

Same applies here, bet on Pool to win - great odds and free money and Chelsea lose, if Chelsea win the we have one less team to get ahead of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Anybody joining me hiding behind the couch?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

LostBoy101 wrote: »

Ive Pringles and a bottle of Jim Beam,room for one more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

LostBoy101 wrote: »

That was so last season :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I really think the last few performances showed things are coming together i really think we will win by 4 or 5 today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My laptop harddrive fried this morning, so it's been a bad start to the day. Really hoping for a win to buck me up, as well as some result in Chelsea vs Liverpool which sees both teams docked 20 points :pac:

advertsfox wrote: »
    Taking care of bizniz...

Fallaini-foul.gif

I love how durty he is though.

Liverpool gone back to the lonely Balotelli system, I take it back, I'm not expecting them to get anything from it now.

What do we want now from the likes of Liverpool v Chelsea? draw?

irishfeen wrote: »
    What do we want now from the likes of Liverpool v Chelsea? draw?
    Chelsea win. Chelsea dropping points is irrelevant to United, Liverpool dropping points is very welcome.

• Advertisement

Chelsea win. Chelsea dropping points is irrelevant to United, Liverpool dropping points is very welcome.
    I suppose your right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Yeah, Chelsea a definite top 4. Liverpool a potential top 4. The less potential the better for us...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

so thats why a draw is better result. id rather be 2 points closer to the top, either side winning is a bad result for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

so thats why a draw is better result. id rather be 2 points closer to the top, either side winning is a bad result for us.

Do you think we can win the league?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

13 points after 10 games. Getting a CL spot is what matters the most right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

I see Strootman is back in the Roma squad, might make an appearance from the bench tomorrow.

So the links with United will be brought up again, even if I'd assume United aren't in the market for more midfielders now after adding Herrera and Blind

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Just heard Van Gaal saying that the project will take three years.

FFS.

We've gone from 3 months to 6 months to a year to 3 years.

If we don't make at least 4th, the Glazers have to pull the trigger.

Must win game today (obviously). I sense a tonking for Palace (4-0 or more).

A Chelsea win is clearly better for us.

Is the game televised today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

KH25 wrote: »
    Is the game televised today?

Its on Setanta 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Just heard Van Gaal saying that the project will take three years.

FFS.

We've gone from 3 months to 6 months to a year to 3 years.

If we don't make at least 4th, the Glazers have to pull the trigger.

Must win game today (obviously). I sense a tonking for Palace (4-0 or more).

A Chelsea win is clearly better for us.

I think the project means competing for the PL and especially for the CL. We are significantly weaker than Bayern, Real and Barca at the moment. I would be quite pleased and impressed if LVG could get us there in 3 years and have full faith in it.

Aside from that, I think a RB and CB in Jan are certs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Jeff Hendrick is too good to be playing in the championship. Only 22 aswell.

Team is out. De Gea, McNair, Valencia, Blind, Shaw, Carrick, Fellaini, Di Maria, Januzaj, Roo, RVP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

What has Januzaj done to keep his place in the team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I really dont see why januazi is playing after his performances in the last 3 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Crystal Palace were going to be up for this match anyway but after seeing that defence, they probably think they can win this.

We need an early goal to break them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement