Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

That's one ropey back four!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Irish94 wrote: »
    What has Januzaj done to keep his place in the team?
    More than Di Maria over the last 3 games.

Both are playing because they're both quality and our best options in those areas. You play your best players when you can, especially if there are no better alternatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

K4t wrote: »

Both are playing because they're both quality and our best options in those areas. You play your best players when you can, especially if there are no better alternatives.

Fair enough. I thought we were playing well with the diamond in midfield. Di Maria is better suited in that formation, rather then being stuck on the wing.

If Blind is CB today, why not play;

Carrick
    ---Fellaini/Herrera
    Di Maria----
    Mata/Fellaini
    ----Rooney
    RVP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

I would think Carrick is CB despite how the lineup was announced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

anyone know what channel the game is coming on???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

KH25 wrote: »
    Team is out. De Gea, McNair, Valencia, Blind, Shaw, Carrick, Fellaini, Di Maria, Januzaj, Roo, RVP.
    4-4-2 or 4-5-1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

I think people are being very hard on Adnan he's effectively played no football this season.

1 goal or assist and he'll be flying again, a good loan would probably benefit him but we don't have enough quality in wide positions for that to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

advertsfox wrote: »
    4-4-2 or 4-5-1?

Not sure to be honest! I'm out so Im just getting this from Twitter. Looks like Blind is the left sided CB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

advertsfox wrote: »
    4-4-2 or 4-5-1?

433 Id Say

Carrick/Blind and Fellaini, with Di Maria and Januzaj wide and Rooney in behind RVP

Well, we call it a 4231

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Irish94 wrote: »
    What has Januzaj done to keep his place in the team?

Who would you play instead of him ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We will win this. Power of positivity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

We are dreadful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

K4t wrote: »

even though this is your opinion. Its simply categorically incorrect. Xoxo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Who would you play instead of him ?

Herrara. Let carrick, herrera and fellaini control the midfield and rooney and di maria have free roles. Width from fb's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Adnan's main problem is inheriting a great squad number and not living up to it. Valencia handed back the no.7 after being ****e and Adnan will have to do the same at this rate.
    (I'm saying this tongue in cheek obv, as a number would hardly destroy a player)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Adnan is muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I've no faith in the Rooney/RvP combo any more. It slows everything down in attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Should have hired Rudi Garcia.

Hopefully this is the end of RVP's run, needs to be dropped asap.

Dreadful performance all around. Delighted to Mata.

beno619 wrote: »
    Hopefully this is the end of RVP's run, needs to be dropped asap.

Dreadful performance all around. Delighted to Mata.
    Shaw carrick mc hair and fell all been quite good. Di Maria was okay.

• Advertisement

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Shaw carrick mc hair and fell all been quite good. Di Maria was okay.

heh. Mc hair...

Shaw motm. Second great performance in a row fr me. Hes gonna be big for us. I'm telling ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

7a02a00d1cfd79ccd9226a13027e652370132bf22a53046585d9c070d3dc3409.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

3 points was the biggest thing and we got it. It may not have been pretty but it was crucial. Now the international break so hopefully a few players will return from injuries .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The Good
    Instant impact from Mata
    Shaw looked brilliant.
    Val was solid.
    McNair had a mostly good game.
    70%+ posession
    Blind was good.

The Bad
    Rooney isn't a good creative force in midfield (all the traits that make him a great striker make him a useless midfielder; too selfish)
    RVP is in shocking form.
    Lacked any real ability to carve them open.
    DiMaria looked sluggish
    Carrick back seemed to slow down play; felt we looked better once Blind moved into his position.
    Januzaj offered very little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Van Persie looks past it. Thought Shaw was excellent. Poor performance but a much needed 3 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He is the Juan and only!

Shíte performance from nearly every player except Shaw and Mata.

Van Persie, Di Maria and Januzaj especially were all absolutely terrible.

Wilson deserves a start over RVP - again he is just so sluggish and quite selfish, unfortunately he does look a bit past it. Falcao up on his own would be so nice.

Shaw was excellent again up the wing, fast and strong and wanting the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Adamocovic wrote: »
    3 points was the biggest thing and we got it. It may not have been pretty but it was crucial. Now the international break so hopefully a few players will return from injuries .

We were saying that the last international break too.

I think we just have an incompetent medical staff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

3 points in the bag.

But are we allowed to point out that that was a ****ing shocking performance? At home. To Crystal Palace.

LVG is very lucky to be following David Moyes.

• Advertisement

nb0qBE8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Luke Shaw is a gem. What a player and still only 19.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

The international break is like an unwanted friend who insists on visiting you, oblivious to their unwelcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Rooney, RVP were very poor.
    Valencia had a good 2nd half.
    Shaw had a great game.
    Carrick was poor in the middle and better at centre half.
    Blind was poor at centre half and better in midfield. We looked much more fluid with him in the middle.
    McNair was solid.
    Di Maria had a poor game
    Mata looked decent and had a nice goal.
    Wilson did alright when he came in.
    DDG had an easy night

Overall, a disappointing game for us but a win is a win and we're closer to top 4.

Jones, Evans, Smalling, Rojo all out. Our 4 first choice centre halves being out is killing us. The team as a whole look very nervous because of the patchwork central defence.

I'd like to see how Chelsea would be doing if they were missing Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic and Azpilicueta.

The international break couldn't have come at a better time. We need to get some type consistency with a centre half pairing. Vidic and Rio didn't form a solid partnership by playing together one in every 10 matches and we are going to look fragile until we get a settled defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Up tp 6th now. West Ham and Southampton who are above who wont last in the top 4. So you could almost saw we are in the top 4. Another few games, rivals drop a few points, beat arsenal and Liverpool and we will be doing very well for 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Im very worried about van persies form and how greedy he has been in this season lots of times he could have played other players in. I know hes a striker and there greedy but seems desperate to score and try to get out of his slump

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The international break is like an unwanted friend who insists on visiting you, oblivious to their unwelcome.

And you cant hide from it either :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

pretty upset with di maria. Looked really out of it and upset coming off. Was a pretty slow and boring game but we got the 3 points and at this stage that's what matters most. We were in the same situation in the last international break were we had a s** t ton of injuries so hopefully we can get jones, smalling, evans all back and fit before the arsenal game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

sky88 wrote: »
    Im very worried about van persies form and how greedy he has been in this season lots of times he could have played other players in. I know hes a striker and there greedy but seems desperate to score and try to get out of his slump

He must have had a pass played into him to hit across goal about 40 times this season and he's missed them all when he usually would have buried them!

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote:

I'm not to worried.

Rooney can move up top,Falcao hopefully gets fit. Mata comes into the side. Wilson ect.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Next match November 22nd

**** sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I got flashbacks to last season with that performance. Loads of posession but nothing happening. Could easily have been caught on the break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

DM_7 wrote: »
    Next match November 22nd

**** sake

I'm alright with that. I'd take a month long break now if it was offered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

3 points are 3 points, some positives to be taken again.

Jan needs to be dropped though, he just isnt up to speed.

Llikewise with RVP, looks a shadow of himself.

Wilson again looked tasty when coming on.

Shaw coming into himself nicely.

All in all, happy enough and a nice break for rehab, provided we dont get any crappy international injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Commentator mentioned we are considering bringing Nani back in January....Id certainly be up for that if if ment he strolled into this starting spot that januzaj has some how eked out for himself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

City benefit from a dodgy decision. 1-1.Still raging with Smalling over his stupidity last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Shaw coming into himself nicely.

279af1e2564b709adc8adb7bf4c2df3605906c143c472dd1df3b0027af5dacb0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,392 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

So now that Shaw isn't the worst player in the history of United anymore who is? Fellaini was a close no. 2 up until a few weeks ago but he's been better. It was probably Mata up until today. Maybe Van Persie?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mcratsix

I've been following this thread for months, but this is my first ever post as I only recently decided to get access. So ya...hello.

Didn't see the game today, but it didn't seem great. Obviously a win's a win, and three points is the most important thing, but tbh we should really be putting 4 or 5 past teams like Palace at home. The quality we have in the final third; Di Maria, Rooney, RVP, Falcao when he's fit, Mata etc, there's not much of an excuse.

At least the defence is tightening up a bit, clean sheet today,let in one vs city with ten men for most of the game, one vs chelsea as well. I think I'd almost prefer if McNair was higher in the pecking order than Smalling, his first yellow vs City was absolutely unforgivable imo. Jones and Rojo should be are first choice CB pairing when everyones fit, imo.

One thing that really concerns me is RVP's form. I know he scored vs Chelsea, and on MNF Gary Neville highlighted the intelligent runs he makes, but he's just not half the player he was two years ago. I don't like how LVG seems to want to play rvp, falcao and rooney in the one team. For me, it should be rooney up top on his own with mata behind, and when falcao is back, put mata behind him and rooney in a 442 diamond.

Top 4 is a must, and I think we're on the right track, especially with Liverpool looking dodgey. Win vs Arsenal and I could see us making a run for third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Seems like McNair is the latest defender to be injured.:(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement