Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I had no coffee left today
    reVgzvz.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Not really - I just did a quick scan back over the pages and could see five references to us getting the 3 points. At home. To Crystal Palace.

As for the question raised around the timing of Van Gaal's sacking, it would make sense to wait until the end of the season to pass judgement. If we don't make at least fourth, then he should be sacked. Having said that, my view is that Van Gaal is the wrong man for the job. And every day that's given to the wrong man is a day less down the line for the right man. We were promised another Fergie but what we've been given based on results and cash outlay is another Christian Gross.

Larry are you really saying lvg shouldnt be there? how do i put a facepalm gif in here? FFS LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

And just to try and provide a solution, rather than just highlight the problem, I would appoint Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane as my management ticket.

I would task them with rebuilding the club based on the philosophies of Clough and Ferguson.

imt79f.jpg

Oh, and
    Cloughie_the_Last_Word.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I think Larry needs to lie down..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Larry, why would keane and o Neil be a better fit than lvg?

Your thing about lvg is that he is a spoofer, but what makes the other 2, not spoofers?

I'm interested in your madness and wish to subscribe to it.

My aim is to get Keane in charge. The drop in standards as to what's acceptable is what irks me most. It started under Fergie in his final few years.

My aim is to get Keane in charge. The drop in standards as to what's acceptable is what irks me most. It started under Fergie in his final few years.

Ok, and to what standard? Ipswich, Ireland, or Sunderland?

Will shouting at players work? Then what? He shouts, they get motivated, now what? Surely shouting at players telling them they are crap will have more negatives?

Shout at the other players, when they are parking the bus and defending, beating us?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Ok, and to what standard? Ipswich, Ireland, or Sunderland?

Will shouting at players work? Then what? He shouts, they get motivated, now what? Surely shouting at players telling them they are crap will have more negatives?

Shout at the other players, when they are parking the bus and defending, beating us?

I think Keane would be a great manager of great players. Not so great with bad players.

I think Keane would be a great manager of great players. Not so great with bad players.

Why?

Surely the shouting and lack of any other ability will work better with limited players?

Tactics is a huge part of the game. A player can only hear so much of 'we are Manchester ****ing United' for it to be absolute bull****, you can't win games on reputation alone.

Why bother replying...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Are you for real???
    I sometimes think you're just being a WUM
    WTF have keane and O'neill achieved in their management careers to suggest they are close to United standard... About as much as MOyes and we're still seeing the after effects of that absolute disaster..

Yes things are not perfect under Van Gaal, and yes results compared to this time last year are unacceptable but i'm 200% more confident in LVG than i ever was in Moyes

whats that saying about form being temporary and clas being permanent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Hope Swansea can hold out here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Hope Swansea can hold out here...

City and everton draw,
    liverpool and spurs lose
    arsenal losing.

All things considered, its been an excellent weekend, if only LVG would get his act in gear now and our defence injury clears up we can attack a top 2 finish.

City and everton draw,
    liverpool and spurs draw
    arsenal losing.

All things considered, its been an excellent weekend, if only LVG would get his act in gear now and our defence injury clears up.

Win the next game and there's a very good chance we will be in the top 4.
    Hammers are away to Everton and Swansea away to City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Great result, Arsenal look soft

Sacramento wrote: »
    Why bother replying...

Boredom and the Lolz. I love crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Bring on Arsenal, all the results went in our favour this weekend so a win for us with Swansea being at City, Hammers at Everton we could easily be sitting pretty in 4th in 2 weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

A good day and weekend for United.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Right, a quick note.

I was out all afternoon and came home to find the mod reports had come sailing in. Grand. A yellow has been issued to Larry, as I believe he jumped the shark and needs to take a break, especially after countless warnings, both public and private.

There's not to be a discussion, there's not to be posts in here about it. The matter is not on topic at all, so let's get over it. Do not reply, do not discuss ;) The point of this post is to make sure we don't get pages of a discussion about a user not here to defend himself, or see posters discussing matters mods will be dealing with.

A second quick note though; several people did engage rather than report, and in the process, break the charter. We'll be reviewing the last few pages and acting accordingly and if necessary.

Now, back to our regular programming.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Let's hope for another few of these mad weekends, certainly won't be the last we'll see of it this season the way it's going. International break = serious pain in the hole!

• Advertisement

Great weekend.

1 point off arsenal, 4 off man city. We would have taken that at the start of the season.

3rd or second isn't looking too far, if we get into good form. Don't think we should be worrying about west ham or Southampton. Take them out of the equation and we are in 4th with arsenal and man city well within distance.

Th Leicester match really ****ed up a lot of people's perception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Great weekend.

1 point off arsenal, 4 off man city. We would have taken that at the start of the season.

3rd or second isn't looking too far, if we get into good form. Don't think we should be worrying about west ham or Southampton. Take them out of the equation and we are in 4th with arsenal and man city well within distance.

Th Leicester match really ****ed up a lot of people's perception.

The Sunderland and Burnley draws were 4 huge points to drop too. Could have been in a pretty good place only for those 3 results alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Selling Arsenal Welbeck was genius

No team with Welbeck leading the line is going to do very well

killwill wrote: »
    The Sunderland and Burnley draws were 4 huge points to drop too. Could have been in a pretty good place only for those 3 results alone.

Exactly. If we had gotten 2 wins out of them 3/4 games would have been huge and there wouldn't be all the negativity.

Selling Arsenal Welbeck was genius

No team with Welbeck leading the line is going to do very well

Didn't he set up the goal today with some very good play? Quite a few arsenal fans over spoken to seem to be quite pleased with him at the moment. The problem with Arsenal is not their front line anyway..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

From a result perspective its been great weekend.

And we should be getting something at Arsenal with a near fit choice to choose from. No excuses.

I love United playing at Emirates for some reason too. Always feel confident playing them there, for whatever strange reason.

• Advertisement

Sacramento wrote: »
    Didn't he set up the goal today with some very good play? Quite a few arsenal fans over spoken to seem to be quite pleased with him at the moment. The problem with Arsenal is not their front line anyway..

Thought he played well until Swansea got back in game. Few went missing then.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

From a result perspective its been great weekend.

And we should be getting something at Arsenal with a near fit choice to choose from. No excuses.

I love United playing at Emirates for some reason too. Always feel confident playing them there, for whatever strange reason.

Honestly, ye could field the back room staff instead of the actual players and I'd still have no confidence that we could beat ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's strange looking around all the superthreads. Every teams set of fans seems to be miserable.

Except Chelsea, obviously.

City, United, Liverpool are behind the tally of points they would have expected and last few days has seen question on Arsenal once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Don't think we should be worrying about west ham or Southampton. Take them out of the equation and we are in 4th with arsenal and man city well within distance.

West Ham yes, but no way would I be relying on getting past Southampton with a 9 point gap.

Obviously that might change (esp. if we beat them), but for now our absolute priority is to get ahead and stay ahead of Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

J. Marston wrote: »
    It's strange looking around all the superthreads. Every teams set of fans seems to be miserable.

Ye those four guys in the Chelsea thread are having all the fun this season :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

J. Marston wrote: »

Its been a strange season, as poor as we have been (and we have been really really poor at times), the fact that almost all our rivals have been equally woeful, is definately a reason why no panic buttons have been hit this season.

This time last year Moyes was already a dead man walking and results were much better than this season - we were only 5 points off first at this stage last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

killwill wrote: »

If it wasnt for QPR, West Ham and Stoke, City would be joint top.
    If it wasnt for Hull, Leicester and Swansea, Arsenal would be looking ok.
    I dont like it when fans talk about what ifs as if it's only their team that has suffered frustrating results.

Its been a strange season, as poor as we have been (and we have been really really poor at times), the fact that almost all our rivals have been equally woeful, is definately a reason why no panic buttons have been hit this season.

This time last year Moyes was already a dead man walking and results were much better than this season - we were only 5 points off first at this stage last year.

The Fergie stamp was wearing off and the Moyes stamp growing the more the season progressed last year.
    The LvG stamp is still not there yet but it's evident.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mcratsix

Anyone else think that second is a not-so-unrealistic goal this year?
    I think Chelsea are gonna run away with the league, but I don't really agree with the idea that City will take 2nd. They're in pretty poor form (granted they beat us, cheers Chris) and an injury to Aguero could see them really struggle imo. We're only 4 points off them now.

Saying that, I'd take 4th if you offered it to me right now. But if we could get our squad fully fit and go on a run, maybe buy a top class CB in January, I wouldn't be very surprised to see us get/get close to 2nd by the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Things must be harder being a Liverpool and Arsenal fan. At least we're in the first year of a new manager with new tactics and essentially a new team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

No posts about recent mod activity, no matter how subtle, they will be deleted. Please review Lord TSC's most recent mod instruction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The Fergie stamp was wearing off and the Moyes stamp growing the more the season progressed last year.
    The LvG stamp is still not there yet but it it's evident.

Ah here, Moyes was never allowed to put a "stamp"on the team. They were all Fergie's players and leaders. Rio and Vidic were never going to be able to buy into anything different, Evra was garbage for years before and Giggs was just hanging around really. Possibly the 4 loudest voices in the dressing room and one of them on the coaching staff too and all of them to a man wouldn't be back for the next season. Would be hard to put a stamp on anything in that setup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭secman

Liam O wrote: »
    Ah here, Moyes was never allowed to put a "stamp"on the team. They were all Fergie's players and leaders. Rio and Vidic were never going to be able to buy into anything different, Evra was garbage for years before and Giggs was just hanging around really. Possibly the 4 loudest voices in the dressing room and one of them on the coaching staff too and all of them to a man wouldn't be back for the next season. Would be hard to put a stamp on anything in that setup

Moyes was weak, he didn't deal with anything on any level,he was overwhelmed by the size of the job totally wrong man for the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    Ye those four guys in the Chelsea thread are having all the fun this season :pac:

Its a good time and theres at least 5 of us. :pac:

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »

Moyes' stamp for me was negativity and it grew as the season progressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Not a good performance against Palace at all, but I'm very pleased that everyone else dropped points.

It's actually been a great weekend for us when all things are considered. :)

Looking forward to the Arsenal game now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Moyes' stamp for me was negativity and it grew as the season progressed.

When he concentrated on stopping the likes of West Brom etc. instead of being United & going out & beating these teams that was when he lost respect.

I see I missed all the fun....

Good to see arsenal dropping points as well as Liverpool. Makes the win yesterday even sweeter.

Arsenal v Man Utd is going to be epic. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I see I missed all the fun....

Good to see arsenal dropping points as well as Liverpool. Makes the win yesterday even sweeter.

Arsenal v Man Utd is going to be epic. Can't wait.

Ya the defending will be pretty epic alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I can understand people having a positive outlook on where LVG might take the club, but if you're describing Saturday's performance as anything other than poor then you are guilty of wishful thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Phoenix wrote: »
    Not to mention the win yesterday was very sweet!

PFFT I WAS EXPECTING YE TO TROUNCE THEM...

Pro. F wrote: »
    I can understand people having a positive outlook on where LVG might take the club, but if you're describing Saturday's performance as anything other than poor then you are guilty of wishful thinking.

Personally, it was no better then last 18 months or so, like I mentioned other night.

Up to now, I have been happy with style of play, we just need more organisation in defense and midfield, but injuries been a pain in neck.

I don't expect every performance to be a A+, but a decent confident performance after last week result would have been nice and we got anything but that.

We had more of ball, but in saying that we created just as little, and that in itself is a concern from Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

LVG has admitted he messed around with the formation too much,perhaps now that players are in a settled formation we'll see an improvement.Maybe this was why he stated before that they were finding it difficult to adapt to his "philosophy".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement