Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Huge loss.

Our team is so brittle. Another big spend needed in January...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Unbelievable about Blind.

Usually don't cry about luck or stuff like this out of our control, but... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

One of the few players I've been impressed with this season. Would be surprised if he plays again this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Who else exactly is injured now apart from DDG and Blind ? Absolutely gutted for Blind thought he has been excellent.

Goes further to just make me hate internationals and their breaks from the domestic game. So frustrating and rubbishly timed through the year.

Carrick no doubt slotting in there now. So at least he had come back in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Cant believe this seriously how the hell are we so ****ed with injurys every year!!

Dunno when the team is gonna get a chance to play a settled first 11 with all the changes having to be made its really not helping the fact we have a new manager and new players.

Ah i dunno so fed up with this at this stage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Herrera back in for Arsenal game so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We'll probably see Carrick Fellaini and Rooney with Di Maria and Januzaj flanking RVP against Arsenal

Sanchez is going to cause us a lot of problems, fantastic player

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Another injury!??!

bwhS8dT.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

We'll probably see Carrick Fellaini and Rooney with Di Maria and Januzaj flanking RVP against Arsenal

Sanchez is going to cause us a lot of problems, fantastic player

Isn't carrick injured as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Blind injured? F**k sake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Ffs, was hardly intentional, even if he did mean to follow through fair play. We need players like that rather than tc23 being afraid to tackle.

He can use his height and strength to his advantage.

I don't think it was intentional but you never know with that lumbering oaf.

On the bolded bit...are you for real?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

dubmick wrote: »
    One of the few players I've been impressed with this season. Would be surprised if he plays again this season.

Why? They have indicated it will be a 4 to 6 weeks job, medial ligament damage, not cruciate or anterior

MCL isn't as bad generally, also there is still the hope its a strain rather then a tear, just keeping my fingers crossed for some good news when they do a proper scan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I don't think it was intentional but you never know with that lumbering oaf.

On the bolded bit...are you for real?

It's always nice to have a player who will get stuck in, and use his weight. we have had to deal with the likes of carrick, cleverly, Anderson shying away from tackles in the past. It's good to have a player who skirts the line of 'dirty'. Ivanovich for Chelsea. It's good to see him getting stuck in. Plus Allen ran into him, at the most he used his arm to push him away.

But sure faux outrage is always good.

It's always nice to have a player who will get stuck in, and use his weight. we have had to deal with the likes of carrick, cleverly, Anderson shying away from tackles in the past. It's good to have a player who skirts the line of 'dirty'. Ivanovich for Chelsea. It's good to see him getting stuck in. Plus Allen ran into him, at the most he used his arm to push him away.

But sure faux outrage is always good.

Learn the meaning of it before accusing me of it. Good lad.

Learn the meaning of it before accusing me of it. Good lad.

K, bbz, lol.

*checks last few post in Liverpool thread*
    Some strong words being thrown about, but hey that's none of my business.

K, bbz, lol.

:rolleyes:

You accused me of "faux outrage". It was neither fake nor outrage.

Also,I haven't thrown any strong words around unless you consider "oaf" a strong word in which case I suggest you get out more.

I said it looked accidental but you're choosing to ignore that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

kryogen wrote: »
    Just looked like Allen ran full pelt into him and he is unfortunate he comes up to his arm.

See this below. It could have been an accident but it looks to me he lifts his elbow up. Naturally you'd straighten your arm out across your opponent, not lift your elbow up. But I'll agree that's not enough evidence to say he 100% meant it.

Personally looks sneaky to me

Marouane Fellaini hit Joe Allen with a nasty elbo…: http://youtu.be/cHxzE41VXC8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

At least we know the club ain't in a drug culture I guess.

The injuries are annoying but not surprising now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

So 5 of our 6 signings have suffered an injury already.

I think the scientific/medical term is lol fail.

Massive blow.

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:

You accused me of "faux outrage". It was neither fake nor outrage.

Also,I haven't thrown any strong words around unless you consider "oaf" a strong word in which case I suggest you get out more.

I said it looked accidental but you're choosing to ignore that.

I didn't say you were. But there is a bit going around, which you can't deny.

I read what you said, it could be intentional, could also not be. Fellaini gets a lot of hate, his 'spit' on city.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Any update on DeGea?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

That gif of fellaini reminds me of when we're having a kickabout with little kids and 1 of them runs blindly after the ball and crashes.

I didn't say you were. But there is a bit going around, which you can't deny.

I read what you said, it could be intentional, could also not be. Fellaini gets a lot of hate, his 'spit' on city.

He brings it on himself but I agree,the 'spit' thing was ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

K, bbz, lol.

*Takes a peek*

9vlK1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Nothing beats the laugh of a regular Conspiracy Theory poster.

• Advertisement

Fellaini was just imagining larry, he upset his feelings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It wasn't even an elbow.

More of a forearm smash, to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I cant recall a season that utd have been hit so hard from injuries. Its been awful.

We desperately need to buy more squad players going forward.

We have had 39 injuries since lvg joined. 1 injury every 3 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

It is impressive alright, for the wrong reasons of course, but impressive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Ah sure isn't it a pity he didn't break his nose and give them something proper to cry about :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

For Arsenal game:

Blind is out for sure.
    Carrick is injured.
    Rafael, Herrera and Falcao are not fully fit or back from injury.
    Rojo, Jones, Evans.

That's the spine of the team out injured or not fully fit. With these problems it's really hard to improve week in week out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

we have a better team out injured than we have available. Brill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Hopefully Blind isnt out too long but Fellaini and Herrera should be able to cope with Arsenal's midfield.
    Our real issue is still the center backs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Current injury crisis;

2hgv289.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Was there anything more about Blind this morning lads?
    If this amount of injuries happened to any other club, I think I'd be even beyond the laughing stage - it's hard to believe, it really is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

we have a better team out injured than we have available. Brill.

There's your better team :p
    2hgv289.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

beno619 wrote: »
    Hopefully Blind isnt out too long but Fellaini and Herrera should be able to cope with Arsenal's midfield.
    Our real issue is still the center backs.

I'd even say we will see Herrera as the holding player while Fellaini goes box-to-box.

CB is a disaster. Utter disaster. Injuries to the guys who cover the guys who cover our defenders.

Danny Welbeck will be chomping at the bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Al Capwned wrote: »
    If this amount of injuries happened to any other club, I think I'd be even beyond the laughing stage - it's hard to believe, it really is.

He tweeted that there's fluid on the knee & will need the swelling to go down so the injury can be assessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Al Capwned wrote: »

Not much just getting a scan today so nothing solid. Hiddink is taking the negative attitude and saying ligament,

God I hope its just a bad knock but we would never be that lucky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

before the international break i really thought wed beat arsenal in a tight game but after the latest injuries its hard to see keeping arsenals attack out.

can only dread what the defensive lineup might be on Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

hahahahaha
    we could have some fun predicting the start 11 for that game v Arsenal now...
    I'll give it a go!!!

Lindegaard
    Valencia-McNair-Blacket-Shaw
    Herrera-Fellaini
    Janujaz-Rooney-Di Maria
    RVP

Amos, James, Fletcher, Wilson, Mata now i'm struggling!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Wouldn't be too concerned with Big Dave not playing, it's only his little finger so stick a bit of tape on it and Bobs yer uncle.

Wouldn't be too concerned with Big Dave not playing, it's only his little finger so stick a bit of tape on it and Bobs yer uncle.

Aye it's not his first dislocation of the finger, speaking as someone who's dislocated his knee 3 times...the first time is the worst and longest to heal!

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Current injury crisis;

2hgv289.jpg

That's depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Trilla wrote: »
    There's your better team :p
    2hgv289.jpg

De Gea
    Rafael-Evans-Jones-Rojo
    Young-Carrick-Blind-Lingard
    Falcao--N/A

Lindegaard
    Valecnia-Smalling-McNair-Shaw
    ----Herrera-Fellaini
    Mata
    Di Maria
    Rooney-RVP

So i'd expect the fit team to win based on having 11 players, but put Wilson in with the 10, for sake of argument, and its a fecking close run thing! Up front I give it to the fit guys, but that defence is looking shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Unbelievable about Blind.

Usually don't cry about luck or stuff like this out of our control, but... :(

This is the first one that made me want to cry, there was something really comforting about having him always available when others were out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Aye it's not his first dislocation of the finger, speaking as someone who's dislocated his knee 3 times...the first time is the worst and longest to heal!

Ah man. I've done the knees 3 times as well. That is an injury that never gets easier to take.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Ah man. I've done the knees 3 times as well. That is an injury that never gets easier to take.

Ah yeah man it ruined my dancing career! Just get by on my looks these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭bren2001

Timmyctc wrote: »

pfffft, did mine on a GAA trip to Galway. Manger asked could I play on, didnt believe I was injured till we got back to Dublin and saw my knee. Did it a few times after until I got surgery to fix it, never found it that sore, just flick it back in place and get on with the day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement