Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Please tell me Di Maria is OK.

I'm hearing bad things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

WELBECK DOWN

annnnnnnnnnnnd back up clutching his hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

I hope fletcher plays well in the next 30 mins we may need him with the current injury crisis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Welbeck had asked to come off before that, so he might have a problem, didnt look too comfortable.

Di Maria walked off the pitch Kew, he had a knock early in the game from Nani but nothing else really

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

collie0708 wrote: »
    I hope fletcher plays well in the next 30 mins we may need him with the current injury crisis

Love to know what Shaw was saying to Fletcher before he came on,

A bit of banter

Good stuff, Shaw off, cotton wool...back in the box for Saturday please.

Shaw coming off.........limping.

kryogen wrote: »
    Welbeck had asked to come off before that, so he might have a problem, didnt look too comfortable.

Di Maria walked off the pitch Kew, he had a knock early in the game from Nani but nothing else really

Ah ok .

Does not sound too bad so.

Can Roy please take off Rooney and Smalling...no point playing them the full 90 -_-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Ah here. You can't compare rvp and falcao to Danny.

This arguement is just stupid, if you can't see why he wanted to leave then it's pointless. It's just tedious and frustrating

Not really I understand the reasons for him leaving.

But LVG made a choice, you can absolutely compair him to RVP and Falcoa.

Falcoa might not be fit enough to sign permenantly and RVP might be on the wain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Rooney pulling out the sumersault celebration!!!

Play him up front at the weekend please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Happy birthday to the unsung hero, who,if not for his dazzling ability to make girls dryer faster than pro F and YA disagreeing on something, would be the worlds greatest.
    183064-lsh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We need this Rooney at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

J. Marston wrote: »
    We need this Rooney at the weekend.

We need rooney up front this weekend

Nice to see Rooney in a bit of goalscoring form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Hopefully this rooney can pull us out of this club's defensive miseries with a couple of goals vs arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

It's not often I lol at post in here, but the Gowl has pulled one out here....

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Would love to see Rooney in his best position, flanked by Di Maria and Jan with Mata in behind.

Al Capwned wrote: »
    It's not often I lol at post in here, but the Gowl has pulled one out here....

:D

only 34 and plays for cambridge. Bring him home I say

• Advertisement

only 34 and plays for cambridge. Bring him home I say

Will we organise a banner?

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Will we organise a banner?

Sure how will he get a game with all the beauty to market and advertise?

Who was the poster that had that theory?

Bring 'Luke' 'home'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Saving Private Luke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

beno619 wrote: »
    Would love to see Rooney in his best position, flanked by Di Maria and Jan with Mata in behind.

Everything bar this yes please. I'd rather Herrera on the right, well not wing, but right side.

http://gfycat.com/AshamedEquatorialKudu we just breed dirty players

• Advertisement

http://gfycat.com/AshamedEquatorialKudu we just breed dirty players

Almost as bad as Joe Allens vicious attack on Fellaini

Ronnie was very apologetic though after, even gave him a little leg massage, what did Allen do? Faked a sore nose!

Shenanigans

Interesting read that no doubt some will enjoy here.
    Even though people might not know it, at 28, he is currently experiencing his best season in recent times. Is it sustainable? Nobody really knows. However, even if this is the peak, a new 3- or 4-year deal at this point probably won’t smart too much in the last season of the deal unless Rooney has serious injury problems, something to this point he has completely avoided.

From here

kryogen wrote: »
    Almost as bad as Joe Allens vicious attack on Fellaini

Ronnie was very apologetic though after, even gave him a little leg massage, what did Allen do? Faked a sore nose!

Shenanigans

When he first got hit did you not see him unnaturally flex his arm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Liverpool fans cracking up because they have one player injured, ONE!!! I sh*t you not!!!

I remember my first injury

• Advertisement

Liverpool fans cracking up because they have one player injured, ONE!!! I sh*t you not!!!

Sure they been cracking up since Rafa time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

They look very very average without him though, I think there is good cause for the panic. They look a midtable team at best right now

We have Arsenal, Southampton and Pool in the next 5 games, if we are ever going to put a run together it would be great if it started this weekend

That phrase is slowly becoming our 'next year'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Happy birthday to the unsung hero, who,if not for his dazzling ability to make girls dryer faster than pro F and YA disagreeing on something, would be the worlds greatest.

I don't need Pro F's help to make girls dry thank you very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Lukey baby

1395162943_original.jpg

Not the worst looking Gent nowadays tbf

Anyone know if Shaw and di maria are injured??

*edit*

NM

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/9569590/...As-Di-Maria-Foot-Injury-Deemed-Not-Serious-

****ing Nani did it!

And Shaw picked up minor hamstring injury...when does the nightmare end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

This stupid roundabout of a conversation is about how we left Welbeck go? With 2/3 stubborn posters.
    He left because falcao came in right? That's a fair assumption ok. Let's just boil it down to that.
    Saying the money should have been spent elsewhere is pointless,

On one hand I have falcao, the other I have Danny.

Hmmmmmm. Soz Danny, but your game time is going to be very limited this year? Wanna go out on loan? Nah man, I wanna leave. Ok my brother off you go.

I'm neutral about him leaving, which I guess has always been his squad position, neither here nor there.
    I'm fully willing to accept the situation as it was - he was an unfortunate casualty of missing our in Europe, and the directness in his game has been sorely missing at times when we have looked pedestrian (it's typically something most of van Gaal' sides have had to offset the rest of his tactical approach). It's unfortunate and I'm not fully happy about it, but it is what it is. Falcao came available at the last minute and while it hurt to get rid of Danny we did replace him with arguably the best #9 of the last five or more years in world football, just with the injury risk (that we offset with the loan deal).

My major gripe though is that we sold him to Arsenal. Coming into the season some reckoned we should have been asking for 90 odd points but when you averaged out all the expectations I think it was fair to say beating out Liverpool and/or Arsenal for a CL spot while building a new team that could go for it all next year was the most realistic goal.

We have been lucky that Liverpool have faltered quite a lot this year (if not for QPRs own goal spree they would be 2pts off relegation), but as of now Arsenal are still one point ahead of us. He hasn't been banging in goals, but their fans are very happy with his overall play to the extent that a lot of them prefer him up there over Giroud when he returns. Now considering that the alternative for them was 5 months of Yaya Sanogo up top I just think it was inexcusable for us to sell him to them. Fair enough of he wanted out, but we should have bluntly told him "no Arsenal or Liverpool".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Di MAria sent for x-rays after the game last night. Thought not to be serious but with our injury luck this season I wouldn't hold my breath.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/di-maria-sent-for-foot-xray-30756751.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

De Gea
    Rafael - Jones - Evans - Rojo
    Blind - Carrick
    Young - Di Maria
    ??? - Falcao

We are one RVP/Rooney/Mata off having a top 4 team just out of our injury list (so long as we never, ever pass to Young). Young aside, that is potentially 9 of a legit starting XI (though one of Herrera/Fellaini would likely start over one of Carrick/Blind in all honesty).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

For goodness sake this is getting ridiculous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

There's been very little news on Carrick's injury yet. It could still be the case that he withdrew from the England squad as a precaution and that he'll be fit to play at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Billy86 wrote: »
    I'm fully willing to accept the situation as it was - he was an unfortunate casualty of missing our in Europe, and the directness in his game has been sorely missing at times when we have looked pedestrian (it's typically something most of van Gaal' sides have had to offset the rest of his tactical approach). It's unfortunate and I'm not fully happy about it, but it is what it is. Falcao came available at the last minute and while it hurt to get rid of Danny we did replace him with arguably the best #9 of the last five or more years in world football, just with the injury risk (that we offset with the loan deal).

My major gripe though is that we sold him to Arsenal. Coming into the season some reckoned we should have been asking for 90 odd points but when you averaged out all the expectations I think it was fair to say beating out Liverpool and/or Arsenal for a CL spot while building a new team that could go for it all next year was the most realistic goal.

We have been lucky that Liverpool have faltered quite a lot this year (if not for QPRs own goal spree they would be 2pts off relegation), but as of now Arsenal are still one point ahead of us. He hasn't been banging in goals, but their fans are very happy with his overall play to the extent that a lot of them prefer him up there over Giroud when he returns. Now considering that the alternative for them was 5 months of Yaya Sanogo up top I just think it was inexcusable for us to sell him to them. Fair enough of he wanted out, but we should have bluntly told him "no Arsenal or Liverpool".

While i like Wellbeck and think he will turn into a good striker he is not good enough to be the number 1 striker for a top4 side. I am far happier Arsenal got him instead of a prolific goalscorer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

De Gea
    Blind - Carrick
    Young - Di Maria
    ??? - Falcao

We are one RVP/Rooney/Mata off having a top 4 team just out of our injury list (so long as we never, ever pass to Young). Young aside, that is potentially 9 of a legit starting XI (though one of Herrera/Fellaini would likely start over one of Carrick/Blind in all honesty).

You can add Shaw to that team and push Jones into midfield.:(

I wonder could we enter a team for the special Olympics? Surely we'd qualify with the continous stream of injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTy5J9KFXwu7QlAGdRJgyF07J3IrlxFNaeD-K32upQJI5X4M_ev

+

daniel-craig-0071.jpg

=
    Timmyctc wrote: »
    1395162943_original.jpg

Not the worst looking Gent nowadays tbf

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

De Gea
    Blind - Carrick
    Young - Di Maria
    ??? - Falcao

It was reported yesterday that Jones, Evans and Falcao are all training and expected to be available on Saturday. Carrick and DDG are supposed to be OK too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I think we need a squad of about 83 players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

It was reported yesterday that Jones, Evans and Falcao are all training and expected to be available on Saturday. Carrick and DDG are supposed to be OK too.

Cool, that means we might have Jones and Evans for the first half anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

There you go, spend all week lulling us into a false sense of superiority, even feeling a little sorry for you. Come Saturday at 5.30 you'll have your best 11 out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Nuts102 wrote: »
    While i like Wellbeck and think he will turn into a good striker he is not good enough to be the number 1 striker for a top4 side. I am far happier Arsenal got him instead of a prolific goalscorer.
    Which prolific goal scorer was Wenger going to sign on deadline day? Balotelli?

Welbeck has proven he can be quite prolific when played consistently up top. The truth is at the moment that Arsenal aren't creating many chances at all and individual moments of brilliance from Sanchez are saving them. That's not to say Welbeck isn't contributing though, only two league goals and two assists so far but his work rate and movement is something all Arsenal fans are delighted with and I'm sure once the team begins to click and create more chances his goal rate will improve. His form for England has been excellent too, easily as good as Rooney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Tutto Sport saying Vidic back to United is a "done deal".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement