Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

zerks wrote: »
    Tutto Sport saying Vidic back to United is a "done deal".

Wouldn't like to see him back. Yes he is a leader but we need to start building a new team fresh with young quality and youth players. When vidic saw that moyes was failing and utd was crumbling last season he announced he will leave mid way through the season. And now when we are 'arguably' on the rise back up, he wants to come crawling back. Sorry it doesn't work that way vidic. He was a great leader and servant for the club but it is time we find a new defensive leader and new talent, not go crawling back to a 33 year old who is quickly losing form by the sound of it in Italy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Wouldn't like to see him back. Yes he is a leader but we need to start building a new team fresh with young quality and youth players. When vidic saw that moyes was failing and utd was crumbling last season he announced he will leave mid way through the season. And now when we are 'arguably' on the rise back up, he wants to come crawling back. Sorry it doesn't work that way vidic. He was a great leader and servant for the club but it is time we find a new defensive leader and new talent, not go crawling back to a 33 year old who is quickly losing form by the sound of it in Italy

Vidic is one of the best centre halves we have ever had. Our most senior centre half at the moment is Jonny Evans at 26. a 33 year old Vidic with all that experience would be a brilliant influence to have back around the younger lads.

I'd have him back in a heart beat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,397 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Would be an odd(ish) signing - though similar to looking for United to sign Vlaar I suppose.

TO play LVGs system, imo, we need defenders who can pass well, and have pace in order to play a high enough line. Vidic isn't a passer and doesn't have pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

I can see it now. Vidic returns...

...injured by half time :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'd take Vidic back in a heartbeat for the second half of the season. Incredible short-term solution.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Would be an odd(ish) signing - though similar to looking for United to sign Vlaar I suppose.

TO play LVGs system, imo, we need defenders who can pass well, and have pace in order to play a high enough line. Vidic isn't a passer and doesn't have pace.

I think LVG's system, in his own eyes, needs updating for the Premier league. Fellaini starting is evidence of that. I said in the summer that, as much as I wanted Fellaini to stay and start, he hadn't a hope of playing as he didn't fit into that LVG style. Now he's starting every game and adding much-needed steel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

In fairness, Tuttosport were the ones saying Vidal was a done dealio all summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Another constantly injured centre-half is hardly the answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,397 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I think LVG's system, in his own eyes, needs updating for the Premier league. Fellaini starting is evidence of that. I said in the summer that, as much as I wanted Fellaini to stay and start, he hadn't a hope of playing as he didn't fit into that LVG style. Now he's starting every game and adding much-needed steel.

Is Fellaini starting down to LVG changing, or Carrick being injured, Herrera being injured, Cleverley being sold, Vidal not being signed, Anderson being sh1t?

We have played Rooney in central midfield last two games, is that because LVG has changed his opinion on Rooney being a forward, or because he had to use the players we had available as best we could?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

keane2097 wrote: »
    Another constantly injured centre-half is hardly the answer.

Jones, Evans and Smalling Combined have completed 7 full games between them, Vidic has completed 8. he has a few small injuries this season but overall he has been relatively injury free.

personally, id love him back, as disappointed as i was with how he treated the club when he left.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

He has played more game time this season that our entire center back options combined

That doesn't make sense if you think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

FutureGuy wrote: »

Van Bommel, Gustavo and De Jong have all been regular starters for LVG in the past. If anything LVG seems to have a habit of picking central midfielders with less skill and more defensive/violent abilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

That doesn't make sense if you think about it.

ive rephrased it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Would be very annoyed by the signing tbh. Ignoring the fact he is a short term signing of the worst variety, his form hasn't been up to much for at least 18 months (I have read he hasn't had a stellar start at Milan) and for all people say he was treated badly, so too did he (as our captain) publically announce he was jumping ship and abandoning the club when it needed leaders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Would be very annoyed by the signing tbh. Ignoring the fact he is a short term signing of the worst variety, his form hasn't been up to much for at least 18 months (I have read he hasn't had a stellar start at Milan) and for all people say he was treated badly, so too did he (as our captain) publically announce he was jumping ship and abandoning the club when it needed leaders.

Also, Woodward said no short term fixes in January, if he meant it, that would rule Vidic you would think.

My thoughts exactly. Wouldn't be happy with him. If we are to invest in a cb i'd go for varane myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Maybe Fellaini is playing because every game he has played he has been very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Maybe they could bring Rio back as well ?!

McNair and Blackett look like decent prospects though, so better to look forward

Maybe they could bring Rio back as well ?!

McNair and Blackett look like decent prospects though, so better to look forward

We might aswell bring Evra back while were at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Lol We might as well bring Stam back amirite guise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Lol We might as well bring Stam back amirite guise?

Shur no harm asking scholes again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Well at the least the Liverpool team is injured as well. Level playing field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Well at the least the Liverpool team is injured as well. Level playing field.

Sturridge..............team.............Sturridge...........team...............

Hang on, I see what you did there

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Interesting read that no doubt some will enjoy here.

From here

Really interesting to cut through the emotion and to the facts. Rootastic :pac:

http://gfycat.com/AfraidCarefulAsianporcupine Welbeck trying to injure fletcher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Just seen Pete Boyle post this vid on twitter - enjoyed it! :)

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Just seen Pete Boyle post this vid on twitter - enjoyed it! :)

It gives you a great insight into the initial joy, then the desolation from Keano and Scholesy, the two men who would miss out through suspension. They both looked apart from the celebrations as the video progressed, already the pain of missing the final starting to sting them

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

No sign of Dennis Irwin in that clip

He was probably looking for beers :D

Theres champagne?

Beers! I said beers!

• Advertisement

Drinking? What a disgraceful bunch. how dare they

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/19/manchester-united-mats-hummels-january-borussia-dortmund?CMP=twt_gu
    Louis van Gaal is exploring the possibility of signing Borussia Dortmund’s Mats Hummels in January for what would be a British record transfer fee for a defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

He would be a great buy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Now that's more like it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Definitely be in the top few players I'd like to see sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

A good time to buy from Dortmund since I just cant see them get a CL spot next season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Blatter wrote: »

Are Barcelona not banned from transfers?

Easily one of the best defenders you could buy, would be fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Hummels? Yes please.

KH25 wrote: »
    He would be a great buy.
    Now that's more like it....

We do lack injury prone defenders I suppose

If he could get and stay fit he would be a super acquisition though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Realistically Dortmund won't be selling in January and I doubt will be spending large sums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Not a fear we'll go in for him in January, or he'd leave in Jan with Dortmund in the CL knockout stages knowing he could probably have his pick of a lot of teams next summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Jamie Jackson, some man. Two days ago we were not buying anyone in January, now he has an article up on the Guardian saying we are bidding for Hummels.

Hope it's true. :p

dubmick wrote: »
    Jamie Jackson, some man. Two days ago we were not buying anyone in January, now he has an article up on the Guardian saying we are bidding for Hummels.

Hope it's true. :p

I think it adds a bit more creditbilty to it, he obviously heard from a decent source if he's contradicting himself like that

Jackson has a fair bit to do to get any sort of credit back tbh

Let us learn from the summer. Journalists know nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭xtal191

Isn't Hummels constantly injured? He'll fit right in!

xtal191 wrote: »
    Isn't Hummels constantly injured? He'll fit right in!

Missed just under 50 games over the past 4 seasons apparently not a massive problem tbh

I doubt any centre back we've had over the past 4 or 5 years has a much better record than that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭xtal191

Missed 37 games and counting since the beginning of the 13/14 season according to this link

http://www.transfermarkt.com/mats-hummels/verletzungen/spieler/39728

Missed just under 50 games over the past 4 seasons apparently not a massive problem tbh

I doubt any centre back we've had over the past 4 or 5 years has a much better record than that

Its his recent injury history that would be troubling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

50 games is basically a full season! Doesn't sound like a good record to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,603 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The treatment rooms are going to end up the size of a small hospital at this rate :rolleyes:

Any update on Blind?

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement