Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

That is a disaster for Blind. To get that at the start of your career in the big time must be heartbreaking.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

bullvine wrote: »
    6 months out for Blind ffs
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    Blind out for 6 months! No luck at sll!! Get strootman in!

Maybe not......

Mark Ogden ‏@MOgdenTelegraph 56s57 seconds ago Mark Ogden ‏@MOgdenTelegraph 56s57 seconds ago

Confusion over Daley Blind from LVG. He actually said he's 'not out for six months' and that injury not as bad as initially feared

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Seeing rumours today linking us with Adil Ram, anyone else reckon he would be a great signing?

Confusion over Daley Blind from LVG. He actually said he's 'not out for six months' and that injury not as bad as initially feared

Taken from manutd.com

“Blind is not ready, he has a brace on his knee. He needs 10 days' rest. Then we'll have another scan and say more about his injury. It's not as bad as the doctors thought after the match, but it shall be a long story, I believe, six months or something.”

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2014/Nov/Van-Gaal-delivers-team-news-for-Arsenal-clash.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Panic-Button-Activated-as-Horrendus-Business-Models-Threaten-Nigerias-Record-Labels.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

noooo-o.gif

Thats heartbreaking. I've really fallen in love with him and think he's been a major, major upgrade to our midfield. Devestated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I have never been a huge fan of Hummels. Defo a good player but his fee will be astronomical and I'm not sure he is worth it.

I'd tend to agree. He has these amazing, stand out performances at times alright but he's by no means perfect. He has the turning circle of an oil tanker and gets exposed a fair bit. The other CBs at the club and the full backs have a fair bit of pace in general so he might fit in at Utd without too many problems though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

LvG said he's not out for six months, quite clearly said it too.

Edit
    Van Gaal on Blind: "It's not as bad as the doctors thought after the match. It shall be a long story - but not six months or so."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Anything on Falcao? Ready to go for Saturday I hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Taken from manutd.com

“Blind is not ready, he has a brace on his knee. He needs 10 days' rest. Then we'll have another scan and say more about his injury. It's not as bad as the doctors thought after the match, but it shall be a long story, I believe, NOT six months or something.”

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2014/Nov/Van-Gaal-delivers-team-news-for-Arsenal-clash.aspx

Fixed.

• Advertisement

Taken from manutd.com

“Blind is not ready, he has a brace on his knee. He needs 10 days' rest. Then we'll have another scan and say more about his injury. It's not as bad as the doctors thought after the match, but it shall be a long story, I believe, six months or something.”

Sad for Blind, I really thought he started his Utd Career well.
    This surely put's the need for a DM & CB into overdrive in January.

Any word on Shaw & Falcoa for the Arsenal match?

LvG said he's not out for six months, quite clearly said it too.

Edit

thats hilarious, they have changed their quote on manutd.com

"Blind is not ready to play. He has now a brace on his knee, 10 days' rest, then we have to make another scan and we can say more about his injury. It's not so bad as the doctors are thinking after the match, but it shall be a long story, I believe, but not six months or something."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭bennyl10

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Anything on Falcao? Ready to go for Saturday I hope

Needs a further 2-4 weeks

reading on twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Just cancel Falcaos loan now and buy a new striker and defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

@ManUtd 14m14 minutes ago
    Van Gaal tells #MUTV that @Falcao "has a new injury" and is at least two weeks away from a first-team return. #mufc

So far it looks like it would be madness to buy him permanently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

ScummyMan wrote: »

So far yes but give him until after Christmas at least before writing him off injury wise. It's not easy to come back from those type of injuries without picking up niggles and such. Vidic was the same when it happened to him, ok his performance never really reached pre injury form but his ability to play consistently certainly has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

ScummyMan wrote: »
    No, it was madness to sign him in the first place when we had RVP, Rooney, Welbeck and Wilson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

K4t wrote: »
    No, it was madness to sign him in the first place when we had RVP, Rooney, Welbeck and Wilson.

Agreed. Completely unnecessary signing and a complete waste of whatever money it has cost us. And I will say the same if he ever gets back to full fitness, we didn't need him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Nah, no matter what happens, if you get the option to sign Falcao on loan you take it. It's what supporting a hyper global mega club is all about.

Was thrilled when he signed, given I think RVP and Rooney are on the downturn. That it's not working out makes me happy it was only a loan, but stand by the idea we need a world class striker sooner rather than later....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Lord TSC wrote:
    Was thrilled when he signed, given I think RVP and Rooney are on the downturn. That it's not working out makes me happy it was only a loan, but stand by the idea we need a world class striker sooner rather than later....

Is Rooney on the wain though ? I've no doubt if he was playing up front there would be no arguments.

Welbeck out, Falcoa in becomes poorer business by the week.

Lord TSC wrote: »

while it's possible they are, I think it's too early to judge either of them given last season's disaster and this season's re-building. The entire team, Rooney and RvP included are still getting used to the new formation and playing style.
    I'd bet we'll see the two of them become more comfortable and back to their best towards the seasons end. Hopefully right after Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

No, it was madness to sign him in the first place when we had RVP, Rooney, Hernandez, Welbeck and Wilson.

FYP for you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

beno619 wrote: »
    Is Rooney on the wain though ? I've no doubt if he was playing up front there would be no arguments.

Welbeck out, Falcoa in becomes poorer business by the week.
    His England form would suggest otherwise alright.

In fact, Rooney has looked far better for England in the last few games as a striker than he has for quite a while with club or country. And Welbeck has looked just as good. The whole situation irks me. We really didn't need to take the Falcao gamble, which is what it always was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Was happy to see Falcao sign i mean who wouldn't be ?

In fairness though was he needed i mean how many forwards did we let go of and still have at the club. The money put into the Falcao deal could of went into defense where its really needed.

Its yet to be seen weather he will ever be a great player for united or if he will even get the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

It said on what i think is the offical club twitter that new injury was meant to be the calf injury and not a new one . It was used to differentiate from the knee injury

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

How the **** can any sane person prefer welbeck to falcao, or didnt want falcao signing. Some seriously insane people here sometimes.

Was happy to see Falcao sign i mean who wouldn't be ?

In fairness though was he needed i mean how many forwards did we let go of and still have at the club. The money put into the Falcao deal could of went into defense where its really needed.

Its yet to be seen weather he will ever be a great player for united or if he will even get the time.

So the 5 million?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Jesus ya gotta feel for Falcao, the poor lad may never be the same player again. Fingers crossed Utd can get him fit and keep him that way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I have decided not to panic about any of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

So 7 million up front and 180,000 pounds every week for a crocked falcao. It's no wonder Monaco couldn't wait to get rid of him. This loan would never have happened if Gill and Sir Fergie were at the helm.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

So 7 million up front and 180,000 pounds every week for a crocked falcao. It's no wonder Monaco couldn't wait to get rid of him. This loan would never have happened if Gill and Sir Fergie were at the helm.

7 million? Could have sworn it was less then that.

Also, you're dead right, Gill and Fergie were basically Godlike. Never a bad transfer between the pair of them.

Il also say that since Gill and Sir Fergie have left the transfer policy has been a joke.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

How the **** can any sane person prefer welbeck to falcao, or didnt want falcao signing. Some seriously insane people here sometimes.

Some people see a bigger picture than " We have Falcao ! ".

At best we sign Falcao he stays fit and we get 3 - 4 years out of him at the cost of £40m.

Or keep Welbeck and get 10 years of service.

Not sure how anyone could disagree that so far he's been poor business.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

You're right.

If Fergie and Gill were at the helm we would have bought him outright for £40m with Mendes getting a nice fat little kick back.

A loan deal with an option to buy Falcao can only be a good thing IMO. If he is crocked all season then at least we don't lose our shirts on him. If he gets back to fitness and demonstrates an ability to stay fit and firing then we have one of the worlds best strikers leading the line for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Obviously LVG and co knew they were shipping out Welbeck and Chico. RVP is getting on. Wilson is not regular first team material yet so signing Falcao makes a lot of sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Nonsense. Fergie couldn't resist strikers

Obviously LVG and co knew they were shipping out Welbeck and Chico. RVP is getting on. Wilson is not regular first team material yet so signing Falcao makes a lot of sense.

Interesting point, did Welbeck ask to leave before or after he knew Falcao was coming in ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So the 5 million?

I dunno how much it was but it could of went towards it.

Quandary wrote: »
    You're right.

If Fergie and Gill were at the helm we would have bought him outright for £40m with Mendes getting a nice fat little kick back.

Oh yes, you're correct..... Even though in all his years at old Trafford the most Fergie ever spent on a player was 30 million.

LVG has managed to double that in just 4 months yet performances have been woeful so far.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

beno619 wrote: »
    Interesting point, did Welbeck ask to leave before or after he knew Falcao was coming in ?

Not sure but he asked to leave a few months before he left too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Oh yes, you're correct..... Even though in all his years at old Trafford the most Fergie ever spent on a player was 30 million.

LVG has managed to double that in just 4 months yet performances have been woeful so far.

What's your point? Fergie's retired so we can't swap him for LVG unfortunately.

What's your point? Fergie's retired so we can't swap him for LVG unfortunately.

My point is that the transfer policy over the last 18 months has been a shambles.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

In his last few years Fergie's reluctance to spend properly to get the required quality has come back to bite us in the arse. Hence LVG spending a fortune to try get the squad back to some level of decency.

If Fergie was still in charge I have no doubt he would have spent heavily this past summer too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I think any sane person would prefer a fit Welbeck to an unfit Falcao.

My point is that the transfer policy over the last 18 months has been a shambles.

Damn straight, players like Shaw, Di Maria et al are a shower of wasters, nobody else even wanted them, wouldn't get a game for a Sunday league team

Oh if only we had a guy in charge of transfers who could spot the gems like Bebe, Taibi, Bellion, Miller, Djemba-Djemba etc

Perfect strike rate in the market in fairness.

Broke the transfer record numerous times to boot

I think any sane person would prefer a fit Welbeck to an unfit Falcao.

I would prefer any fit player in the world to an unfit player. What a stupid post.
    I would prefer Degea up front instead of Falcao who isnt able to play.

dafuq.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Am I only person who shrugs his shoulders at latest injury.

I'm as used to a United injury as a drug addict to heroin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement