Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I would prefer any fit player in the world to an unfit player. What a stupid post.
    I would prefer Degea up front instead of Falcao who isnt able to play.

dafuq.

So we're in agreement. Good to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

If Welbeck was still there he'd be injured too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

So we're in agreement. Good to know.

Welbeck isnt here? He wanted to leave??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Welbeck isnt here? He wanted to leave??
    Due to circumstances. The main one being the signing of Falcao. Hence the deadline day transfer.

It was an unconscionable decision from Van Gaal.

K4t wrote: »
    Due to circumstances. The main one being the signing of Falcao. Hence the deadline day transfer.

He wanted to send Danny on loan, Danny wanted to be sold.

Christ I hate this Welbeck debate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Unconscionable.....that word of the day toilet paper is tremendous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

kryogen wrote: »
    Damn straight, players like Shaw, Di Maria et al are a shower of wasters, nobody else even wanted them, wouldn't get a game for a Sunday league team

The haven't made much of an impact so far. Shaw is only starting to find his form and di Maria has got consistently worse with each game.

Good players, but we paid way over the odds though.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Good players, but we paid way over the odds though.

A the prices were pretty bang on for tbf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Ignore the fact that Welbeck wanted to leave for months why don't you, even before Falcao was signed.

• Advertisement

The Falcao loan is a gamble, If he does get going we will be watching one of the world's best strikers in action, it hasn't paid off yet and if it doesn't he is Monaco's problem and you would assume United spend the money on someone else, another someone else that's better than Danny Welbeck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,603 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Il also say that since Gill and Sir Fergie have left the transfer policy has been a joke.

RVP aside, our transfer policy was a joke for years.

Gutted about Blind's injury, hope for better news at the next scan...

https://twitter.com/BlindDaley/status/535474556899958784/photo/1

Fearsome looking yoke he's hooked up to, is it pumping air into that thing around his knee to massage it?

You'd think he'd take the plastic off the lampshade in his new gaff though :pac:

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Or lack of transfer activity.

beno619 wrote: »
    A the prices were pretty bang on for tbf.

Hmmm I'm not convinced so far. We made luke Shaw the most expensive left back of all time. Also di Maria hasn't impressed me much so far for 60 million.

Toni Kroos and fabregas went for around 25 million each in the summer, they would have been great signings.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Hmmm I'm not convinced so far. We made luke Shaw the most expensive left back of all time. Also di Maria hasn't impressed me much so far for 60 million.

Toni Kroos and fabregas went for around 25 million each in the summer, they would have been great signings.

Kroos might have joined if Moyes was stisti there and Fabregas I think was likely if the CL was made. Shaw is 19, great transfer and one I'm incredibly happy with in relation to some of the deals done.

I'm not actually really upset with anyone who came in during the Summer, it's the ones who left or didn't come in that's the problem. How useful would Nani have been the last 4 or 5 games? Him and Di Maria on the wings would give incredible service to the strikers. Kagawa was the best player on the pitch during some of the mini resurgences last season and is dumped. Mata is this season's Kagawa, dropped for no reason and expected to be the saviour when he comes in.

Getting Nani back in January will be tough as he's probably really enjoying actually being played for his home club again and might still make it to the knockout stages of the CL. But the lack of cover in even some forward positions is criminal.

Oh god, please not a Kagawa is a victim debate. He had his chances, he was bad, bar a few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Oh god, please not a Kagawa is a victim debate. He had his chances, he was bad, bar a few games.

If you don't want a debate about it then why the fûck are you commenting on it?

Pro. F wrote: »
    If you don't want a debate about it then why the fûck are you commenting on it?

Im a masochist. What can I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

A lot of injury news and updates today. anyone wanna give a go making a team that can beat arsenal rather than debating on welbeck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

United signed 6 players in summer.

Shaw, Rojo, Herrera and Blind have all also had injuries since they arrived.

Last summer's one signing Fellaini was injured for must of last season and much of this one.

Going further back, apart from first season, RVP has missed quite a lot of games.

Do i'd give Falcao a break before calling him waste of money

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

De Gea
    Valencia-Smalling--McNair--Blackett-
    Herrera--Fellaini-Carrick---
    Di Maria

Rooney---RVP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

J. Marston wrote: »

Im glad I don't know who Jamie Jackson is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Liam O wrote: »
    Kroos might have joined if Moyes was stisti there and Fabregas I think was likely if the CL was made. Shaw is 19, great transfer and one I'm incredibly happy with in relation to some of the deals done.

I'm not actually really upset with anyone who came in during the Summer, it's the ones who left or didn't come in that's the problem. How useful would Nani have been the last 4 or 5 games? Him and Di Maria on the wings would give incredible service to the strikers. Kagawa was the best player on the pitch during some of the mini resurgences last season and is dumped. Mata is this season's Kagawa, dropped for no reason and expected to be the saviour when he comes in.

Getting Nani back in January will be tough as he's probably really enjoying actually being played for his home club again and might still make it to the knockout stages of the CL. But the lack of cover in even some forward positions is criminal.

Any substance to this apart from the fabregas debacle or did you just stick your finger up in the air whilst writing this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

ScummyMan wrote: »

De Gea
    Valencia-Smalling--McNair--Blackett-
    Herrera--Fellaini-Carrick---
    Di Maria

Rooney---RVP

I wouldn't mind seeing Rooney up top on his own with Mata in behind him. Di Maria being given a free role and RVP on the bench.

Any substance to this apart from the fabregas debacle or did you just stick your finger up in the air whilst writing this ?

Kroos said after signing for real that he had agreed in principle to sign for United but opted for real once he heard LVG was taking over.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Kroos said after signing for real that he had agreed in principle to sign for United but opted for real once he heard LVG was taking over.

Any link for that? Preferably one with quotes, not just a tweet from J.A. Fjortoft...

Any link for that? Preferably one with quotes, not just a tweet from J.A. Fjortoft...

On the phone now so will have a look later. It was well publicised at the time. A quick Google should throw up a few links.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

On the phone now so will have a look later. It was well publicised at the time. A quick Google should throw up a few links.

It all came from a tweet from Fjortoft as far as I can tell. He peddles his fair share of bullsh*t too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

From Sports Witness who are pretty reliable.

Croatian press covering Darijo Srna to Manchester United. They say journalist who claimed it is reliable and revealed Tadic to Southampton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Srna to compete with Rafael and help with his development would be good

He is getting on though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I thought Srna was around retirement age at this stage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

LOL at Srna's wiki...
    He can play all across the right wing and is known for his crossing, freekick, and diving ability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

So your telling me Kroos wanted to turn down the best team in the world, playing with the best players in the world and turn down a City like Madrid.

Instead he would have chose a team in transition, out of Europe and Manchester is a kip.

But he would have turned down all the attraction to play under Moyes fair play to him i say. Moyes must have some chat up lines.

zerks wrote: »
    From Sports Witness who are pretty reliable.

Croatian press covering Darijo Srna to Manchester United. They say journalist who claimed it is reliable and revealed Tadic to Southampton.

It would actually be a nice bit of business he is getting on but very experienced he could help Rafael.

• Advertisement

Nuts102 wrote: »
    So your telling me Kroos wanted to turn down the best team in the world, playing with the best players in the world and turn down a City like Madrid.

Instead he would have chose a team in transition, out of Europe and Manchester is a kip.

But he would have turned down all the attraction to play under Moyes fair play to him i say. Moyes must have some chat up lines.

Well considering Van Gaal doesn't fancy Kroos and probably wouldnt have played him, yes

I think Moyes put the work in to sign up Kroos last summer but didn't get the chance in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Lads Arsenal are gonna get smashed this weekend and then United will go on a run. I can feel it in me waters!

(Yes I'm in the manic phase of my optimist-pessimist cycle)

No, I'm not telling you just saying what was being reported at the time.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Is shaw out? I havent seen anything about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

sky88 wrote: »
    Is shaw out? I havent seen anything about him.

Manchester United @ManUtd · 22h 22 hours ago
    Van Gaal adds that @LukeShaw3 is doubtful for the trip to the Emirates but expects Michael Carrick to be available. #mufc

• Advertisement

Well considering Van Gaal doesn't fancy Kroos and probably wouldnt have played him, yes

I think Moyes put the work in to sign up Kroos last summer but didn't get the chance in the end

Did LVG state that he doesn't fancy Kroos i would be very surprised if any manager wouldn't fancy the best midfielder in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Did LVG state that he doesn't fancy Kroos i would be very surprised if any manager wouldn't fancy the best midfielder in the world.
    Kroos isn't Croatian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Bit of a stretch, he's good but yea..... I'd have Modric ahead of him in my team any day of the week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I think it was more a case of Madrid came in, Kroos told us where to go and it got 'released' that LVG didn't fancy him.

It was widely reported that Van Gaal ended our interest and Kroos was just as happy now that Moyes was gone

Van Gaal barely played Kroos as a CM, he used him as a 10 or on the wings, Van Gaal said too that we have too many number 10s.

Do you think if Van Gaal really rated Kroos that after all the leg work being done we'd drop interest and pay more for Herrera?

I think it was more a case of Madrid came in, Kroos told us where to go and it got 'released' that LVG didn't fancy him.

I think the story was that they had a falling out at Bayern which resulted in him not being picked and then sent out on loan to a first division team.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

It was widely reported that Van Gaal ended our interest and Kroos was just as happy now that Moyes was gone

Van Gaal barely played Kroos as a CM, he used him as a 10 or on the wings, Van Gaal said too that we have too many number 10s.

Do you think if Van Gaal really rated Kroos that after all the leg work being done we'd drop interest and pay more for Herrera?

I think its far more likely Madrid came in and he dropped interest in us.

I think thats far more likely than we dropped interest because LVG played him out of position when he was younger.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I think the story was that they had a falling out at Bayern which resulted in him not being picked and then sent out on loan to a first division team.

He joined Bayer Leverkusen on an 18 month loan in Jan 2009 when he'd just turned 19. That was 6 months before LVG took over at Bayern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I said might and there was a lot of publication at the time but I digress. Moyes was just hanging out with Kroos' agent a lot because they're good pals.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mcratsix

De Gea tweeted a picture of him and di Maria on a train to London for the match tomorrow. I was really sh**ing it during the week when it looked like they'd both be out.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement