Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Nuts102 wrote: »
    It would actually be a nice bit of business he is getting on but very experienced he could help Rafael.

Only a brain transplant could help Rafael im afraid.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

mcratsix wrote: »
    De Gea tweeted a picture of him and di Maria on a train to London for the match tomorrow. I was really sh**ing it during the week when it looked like they'd both be out.

Utd posted a pics of the two of them and Carrick (and Ashley Young :eek: ) in training this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Utd posted a pics of the two of them and Carrick (and Ashley Young :eek: ) in training this morning.

Rafael and Shaw too, pictures of Rojo there aswell (oddly)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Only a brain transplant could help Rafael im afraid.

Yeah he's a liability, headless chicken idiot, as shown by all the red cards he picks up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Doing a United career in Fifa, onto the 2015-2016 season, Falcao returned to Monaco. Put in a €45m offer for him. Columbia email me saying the player I've enquired about has done his Medial Collateral Ligament and is out for 2 months. :pac:

It's a sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Do you think if Van Gaal really rated Kroos that after all the leg work being done we'd drop interest and pay more for Herrera?

Precisely, I think its far more likely no leg work had been done and Tony was off to Madrid all along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

kryogen wrote: »
    Precisely, I think its far more likely no leg work had been done and Tony was off to Madrid all along.

I don't think that at all, I think we would have signed Kroos had Moyes not been sacked

That said I'd still prefer where we are now to having Moyes back and Kroos in the team

I don't think that at all, I think we would have signed Kroos had Moyes not been sacked

That said I'd still prefer where we are now to having Moyes back and Kroos in the team

I just don't buy it, what do we offer Kroos that Madrid can't?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

............ love?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,605 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The prospect of lots of paid time off injured...

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

We offered Moyes but when we sacked him Kroos decided Madrid instead.

Funnily enough we probably would have paid him more than Madrid, and, even though things have worked out differently now, could have guaranteed him a starting place where at Madrid Modric and Alonso didn't look like they were going anywhere

His World Cup probably swayed the Madrid hierarchy just like James too, we could have had him before he went off if Moyes had not been sacked

One of the first things Van Gaal said when he came was there are too many number 10s, seeing as Kroos played that role in his system it's not far fetched than Van Gaal just didn't want him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Imo Kroos chose Madrid over Utd and why wouldn't he? Just like Fabregas.

Which is another reason we jumped at the opportunity to sign Falcao. It's hard for us now to get the players in the top bracket when competing with clubs like Chelsea,Madrid and Bayern. That's the reality imo.

On Falcao i think there's no need to panic. With it being a loan deal, if the opportunity was there it was definitely the right thing to do. Time will tell if it works out but he was worth the gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Mushy peas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,605 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Pigeon loft n' a ferret. N' a loaf o' Ovis.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement

Funnily enough we probably would have paid him more than Madrid, and, even though things have worked out differently now, could have guaranteed him a starting place where at Madrid Modric and Alonso didn't look like they were going anywhere

His World Cup probably swayed the Madrid hierarchy just like James too, we could have had him before he went off if Moyes had not been sacked

One of the first things Van Gaal said when he came was there are too many number 10s, seeing as Kroos played that role in his system it's not far fetched than Van Gaal just didn't want him

Its not that far fetched that Van Gaal just didn't want him, but I would argue it is far more likely he was nailed on to Madrid for some time and that is why there was never anything concrete, except that he was probably on his way out of Munich.

For me it is very far fetched that David Moyes would be the swing factor in the transfer.

Kroos was played as a number 10 a lot in his career, he was deployed in a deeper role only recently for the most part, and it has been successful.

Other then fans wanting to believe Kroos choose us over any other suitor I just don't see it. There is just nothing to back it up.

Madrid often do deals with players well in advance of them joining the club, they did it at Untied with Beckham and Ronaldo to name a couple, it is not that far fetched to think that the deal for Kroos was more or less done and dusted before the season even ended, or that Kroos himself wanted to delay the announcement till after the world cup so as not to have it as a possible distraction.

We have seen this type of thing before also, its just my opinion that once Madrid came in for him, he was never going anywhere else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I know it's Mark Lawrenson but he said on the radio this evening when asked about RVP that rather than busting a gut for his buddy LVG that he was told that they fell out and RVP isn't putting in the shift he used to and is just going through the motions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

zerks wrote: »
    I know it's Mark Lawrenson but he said on the radio this evening when asked about RVP that rather than busting a gut for his buddy LVG that he was told that they fell out and RVP isn't putting in the shift he used to and is just going through the motions.

Mark Lawrenson hasn't got a clue about football anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Mark Lawrenson is a something something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

KH25 wrote: »
    Mark Lawrenson hasn't got a clue about football anymore.

He's also a sh!t filled bag of nonsense when it comes to United!!!

• Advertisement

Forget Lawro..........here's the match thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93137615#post93137615

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I could be wrong but I don't understand all the talk of big signings coming in. Just paper fillers in my eyes. We have just come off our biggest transfer window in history.

In January I would guess maybe one or two small enough signings just to add depth to our backs. Can't see us doing any big spending though personally.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I don't understand all the talk of big signings coming in. Just paper fillers in my eyes. We have just come off our biggest transfer window in history.

In January I would guess maybe one or two small enough signings just to add depth to our backs. Can't see us doing any big spending though personally.

Woodward said no big spending but if the right player becomes available then we may go for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

zerks wrote: »
    Woodward said no big spending but if the right player becomes available then we may go for him.

He probably winked into the camera after he said that.

Not opposed to Cavani, people talk about him not being the same at PSG but he has to play in Ibra's shadow and out on the wing. He still has more than a goal every two games for PSG

It would be sad to see RVP go but it was always going to be short lived considering his age

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

10 million loyalty bonus for rvp if he stays for the 4 years of his contract :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

LVG adores Muller and unless one is a fool who wouldn't love Muller at United?
    But didn't he already reject United last summer?

Cavani is hot at the moment, was watching a French Ligue review and he scored something like five goals in his last five games.

I would definitely take either over RVP, he is not the same player as 2011/2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

LVG set up with a 3-5-2 in training yesterday: DDG, Valencia, Smalling, McNair, Blackett, Young, Carrick, Fellaini, Di Maria, Rooney RVP.according to @sbates_people

That's interesting if true, could see Di Maria as a number 10, only problem with that is Young is still injured according to Physioroom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

That's interesting if true, could see Di Maria as a number 10, only problem with that is Young is still injured according to Physioroom.

Dont really think united are obliged to inform physioroom if a player makes a comeback from injury tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

RobertKK wrote: »

I would definitely take either over RVP, he is not the same player as 2011/2012.

Assume you mean 2012/13 ?

I wouldn't really take Cavani over Falcao.

They should just stick with RVP, Falcao, Rooney and Wilson for now.
    I'd imagine in the case of a really major injury crisis the Little Pea could be called upon.
    Can't be constantly changing.

The forward line is the least of United's worries.

If really really stuck they could play one striker with Mata just off him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Dont really think united are obliged to inform physioroom if a player makes a comeback from injury tbf

Yeah no shyte, it's just that Young has been out for ages and i find it unlikely he would be back in contention so quickly.

I love watching LVG's press conference.

Gives direct answers. Calls them out on ridiculous questions.

Q: are you surprised Rooney has been a good captain?
    A. Eh, no. That's why I picked him , right?

Q: do you think Welbeck will be looking the score against United?
    A: yes, the opposition forwards are always wanting to score against us, of course

Not sure if it's his direct Dutch style , or he simply doesn't know many cliches in English

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

That could easily be 433 with blackett instead or Shaw and Young taking Jans place.

RVP
    DiMaria
    Young
    Rooney

Felliani---Carrick
    Blackett-Smalling-McNair-Valencia
    DeGea

I suppose we will see in an hour or so

Assume you mean 2012/13 ?

I wouldn't really take Cavani over Falcao.

They should just stick with RVP, Falcao, Rooney and Wilson for now.
    I'd imagine in the case of a really major injury crisis the Little Pea could be called upon.
    Can't be constantly changing.

The forward line is the least of United's worries.

If really really stuck they could play one striker with Mata just off him.

His last year at Arsenal and his first season at United, I would put as his best years in the PL.

So did anyone else get an email from United? Got one direct from United after EA sports gave United my email address since I put United down as the team I support on Fifa 15.

Basically it is United saying as a fan they ant to keep you updated on "official news, exciting offers, promotions and competitions, as well as those from our commercial partners"

Basically, it is a 'we want to sell you stuff'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We sold Rio, who is the leak now?

352 is something I have been thinking is possible for the game given the players available, or at the very least, something to switch to if we are int he lead and trying to kill the game in the later stages

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

RobertKK wrote: »
    So did anyone else get an email from United? Got one direct from United after EA sports gave United my email address since I put United down as the team I support on Fifa 15.

Basically it is United saying as a fan they ant to keep you updated on "official news, exciting offers, promotions and competitions, as well as those from our commercial partners"

Basically, it is a 'we want to sell you stuff'.

Was going to ask. Thought it was a scam when it asks for full name and opt out, etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

That's all results in our favour, a win today leaves us in 4th - 5 points off 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

McNair, Blackett and Smalling to do the job today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

16 points behind Chelsea already :(

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Now LVG gets cut slack BECAUSE he's a foreign manager? Sweet mother of Christ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I love watching LVG's press conference.

Gives direct answers. Calls them out on ridiculous questions.

Q: are you surprised Rooney has been a good captain?
    A. Eh, no. That's why I picked him , right?

Q: do you think Welbeck will be looking the score against United?
    A: yes, the opposition forwards are always wanting to score against us, of course

Not sure if it's his direct Dutch style , or he simply doesn't know many cliches in English

They really are terrible questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Billy86 wrote: »
    Now LVG gets cut slack BECAUSE he's a foreign manager? Sweet mother of Christ...

Wouldn't listen to them idiots on sky. They would still think moyes should be in a job if United were bottom come Christmas.

Herrera must be wondering what's going on, a million injuries and still can't make the team

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Herrera must be wondering what's going on, a million injuries and still can't make the team

He is only back from an injury himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

16 points behind Chelsea already :(

Ron-Swanson-Says-Dont-Even-Care.gif

Chelsea are several levels ahead of everyone else in the league. They're out on their own so there's no point in even paying any attention to their results. They'll hit a sticky patch eventually but they'll still end up winning the league by 10+ points, in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Hococop wrote: »
    He is only back from an injury himself

He has been on the bench the last few games, over what is now a number of weeks. Is he injured or is he not?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement