Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Billy86 wrote: »
    Now LVG gets cut slack BECAUSE he's a foreign manager? Sweet mother of Christ...

Possibly have a point, would Moyes still in a Job at this stage having spent 150 million and have the team down in 9th?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Shaw off injured , that's our entire main defence out now ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian 2m2 minutes ago
    Luke Shaw going off means Louis van Gaal has now had 40 different injuries to players in his four months at #MUFC

Madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Possibly have a point, would Moyes still in a Job at this stage having spent 150 million and have the team down in 9th?
    Yes, easily. It's not even a question.

And while the money spent is a fair point, Moyes never had to make due with Valencia and Young as his two FBs, with a teenager and a 20 year old in their first senior seasons at CB while having our best DM injured, like LVG has. Vidic and even Ferdinand would have been a massive help at times at the back this season with the sheer lack of experience we have had there, but were gone before LVG even got here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

Herrera must be wondering what's going on, a million injuries and still can't make the team

It's ridiculous at this stage. He's been back for awhile now and all.

Kharrell wrote: »
    It's ridiculous at this stage. He's been back for awhile now and all.

Sounds like LVG doesn't fancy him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

He must be getting sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Good to see Welbeck hasn't changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

****ing blind linesman

If RVP starts another game the jersey is going on done deal.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

A enjoy to watch us counter attack like the good auld days

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

DDG the legend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Back in the Top 4, hopefully for good now. Impressed with Carrick, De Gea and Fellaini today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

young did well enough today

hope we see herrera start again soom

Remember when I was laughed at for mentioning De Gea as a top 3 goalie in the world

Oh who's laughing now?

The lad has been brilliant for us. What makes it even better that he doesnt have a stable defence in front of him

Everyone played well today. Can't believe that defense didn't/haven't conceded.

Can the 4 lads who harp on about Welbeck please shut up from now on.

We were just shown the classic Danny. We aren't missing anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Still better than the RVP that was out there. The guy is finished.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Utterly undeserved win, but awesome!

De Gea and Fel did great today IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Good stuff,an ulgy away win,il take that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That's an important 3 points!

Didn't think we looked with it at all in the first half an hour but it should have been more comfortable in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Get in! Ugly ugly win. But fúck it we need a result like that to kick start us. C'mon!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Jesus Christ my heart - What a fcuking win - up to 4th :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Says something that despite horrid form and horrid luck with injuries, we are in forth. Good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Top 4.

We can't complain but we made it hard on ourselves...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The most stolen of stolen 3 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Pretty dire first half, much better second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Delighted... Di Maria should have scored but alls well that ends well. Thought Fellaini had another solid game, Carrick was good too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Scrappy win but considering we have no defence a great result

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

That was a big result, with everything else going on regarding injuries and lack of form from some players that will hopefully galvanise the group.

Can't win away from home???

van-gaal.jpg

Yeah I know its huge

• Advertisement

titan18 wrote: »
    Still better than the RVP that was out there. The guy is finished.

Haha. Sure didn't he look good running around out there, that's all that matters.

J. Marston wrote: »
    The most stolen of stolen 3 points.
    Jesus Christ Marson just be fcuking happy - did you see the state of our defence today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Yes boys. Needed that win and 3 points. Some might say we didnt deserve it and are not satisfied but when you look at that back 4, you got to be impressed with how we didnt leak goals left and right as it looked like it was going to happen in the opening 30 mins of the game. Happy with everything, bar that di maria miss. :eek::eek::eek::eek: Whats up with him atm????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Did far more than RVP today.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Fellaini has been very good at breaking up play. Becoming a vital player at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

God my nerves are gone with this season great win in the end made sweeter by the fact im sitting with my best friend whos an arsenal fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Rooney completely forgot about the Giroud goal there in the post match interview :P

beno619 wrote: »
    Did far more than RVP today.

Keep clutching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Rooney was great, Fellaini was unreal, but David De Gea is the best player in our team by an absolute mile.

My ****ing heart when Di Maria missed that chip... Absolutely MUST kick on from here. Huge win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Is this the turning point? An ugly win but looked like a team playing for each other again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Arsenal weren't good enough to put us to the sword today and we punished them for it.

I thought Fellaini was excellent all game. His ball to di Maria for the 2nd goal was quality.

Carrick did well also and a lot of credit to the young lads in central defense.

De Gea was brilliant.

Rooney was ok, took his goal well.

Di Maria was poor enough.

RVP was stink and needs to be benched.

Great 3 points and it will give the team a huge confidence boost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Keep clutching.

Quite evident to see, you still haven't responded to my post from earlier in the week ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I, for one, would be in favour of Wilson starting ahead of RvP in the next match. Until Falcao comes back, I think he should be given a chance. Robin is way off, and doesn't look like regaining his form any time soon.

Great result /poor performance!

Win is a win though!

Probably highlights how poor we were when DDG was our best player. Also our first shot on goal came in the 85th minute when Rooney put us 2 - 0.
    Rooney was outstanding, worked tirelessly and took his goal fantastically. Played a real captains part. Honorable mentions to the wing backs and Carrick/Fellani who worked hard and improved as the game went on.

Thought we defended decently, smalling especially was impressive.

RVP yet again was woeful how he is getting the team is beyond me. Di Maria was anonymous for the most part, miss at the end could have cost us. Decent pass for Rooneys goal however so not all bad.

All in all a good result, first away win of the season and with two home games coming up a chance to push on.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Hull and Stoke now at home - must wins now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I genuinely couldn't be happier that Fellaini is proving the "he isn't good enough for Man United" brigade wrong more and more with each passing game, right now he is making himself a vital member of the team never mind squad.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Herrera has injured ribs doesn't he?

Didn't deserve a win but its always good to beat Arsenal in that way, pisses them off even more :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Well that was proper bo.

beno619 wrote: »
    Quite evident to see, you still haven't responded to my post from earlier in the week ..

Oh no. I read it. I was sick and tired if reading the same ****e from you. I simply couldn't be arsed replying. Is that a problem?

As bad as rvp was, that dosent take away that Welbeck isn't that great either. He isn't that big of a loss. If he was so magical why didn't he score against 2 teenagers?
    If he loved the club so much and ha Manchester running through him why did he want to be sold.

We all saw today what Danny is, handy and decent but you don't want him to be a main striker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

4 premier league starts and 4 wins.
    #DareToMcNair

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement