Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Stronger team than last year.
    Window shut so nowt can be done, so looking forward to kick off Tomorrow.

Hopefully can a win/draw to keep the toxic atomsphere from starting to early in the season.

He just purchased house of Fraser for 90M.
    That's where all the money went

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

D_turbo wrote:
    He just purchased house of Fraser for 90M. That's where all the money went

Just shows where his real interests lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

sure what can you do but try get behind the team, hopefully a decent performance tomorrow. 2 new centre halfs are decent so defense should be solid as usual.

hopefully Mutu and Rondon can hit the ground running and start off quick because if we don't we could be dead by the first 8 fixtures ( horrible run in)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Been a while since I've frequented this place.

Somehow allowed myself to get angry about Mike Ashley and Newcastle United again when I promised myself I wouldn't.

Do I believe that the squad is stronger than last year? Yeah I do but it's ok to expect and demand a bit more than just mediocrity.

We're still desperately short of cover at left back and once again a window passes us by where we haven't gotten ourselves a prolific striker that we've been desperately crying out for.

I don't know too much about Muto and Rondon could come good. His experience of playing at this level is a positive in itself but I can't help but feel that Ashley is once again gambling on staying up comfortably because Rafa is a top class manager.

Dangerous.

As per the House of Fraser announcement. That's the biggest f*ck you to the fans especially the timing and the price of the deal he's done there.

Poxy.

Nothing can be done about it. Just have to hope that the players gel quickly and we don't find ourselves in the sh*t come January when we end up panic buying.

There's nothing like a nice positive start to the season eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

None of the new players in the starting 11... Kennedy and dubravka cant be considered new btw

Joselu starting ahead of Rondon or muto...

Clark ahead of scharr...

May as well start a facebook thread asking people to pray for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

The fact joselu is anywhere near the squad, never mind actually starting is a damming indictment of the recruitment drive this summer.

Was hopeless at Stoke, hopeless last year and yet we are stuck with a striker who couldn't hit a barn door from a 6ard.with a beachball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    None of the new players in the starting 11... Kennedy and dubravka cant be considered new btw

Joselu starting ahead of Rondon or muto...

Clark ahead of scharr...

May as well start a facebook thread asking people to pray for us.
    Genuine question for you guys; what do the Geordies think of Clark? I've never rated the fella, and I find is staggering that he's playing in the PL. As I said; genuine question, not looking to WUM you guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

He scored! :eek:

I’m literally in shock. Delighted though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Great player.

Anyone who doesn't rate Joselu doesn't know football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Old Diame is back though which is worrying, Spurs goal was down to him

Kenedy really is a phenomenal dribbler, they just need to get the ball to him and take things from there.

Happy enough with that performance...not as worried about the season now...

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Happy enough with that performance...not as worried about the season now...

Atsu on for Ritchie was such a puzzling substitution. You’d wonder what might’ve been if he stayed on, his crossing ability combined with Rondon’s aerial threat could’ve caused problems for Tottenham.

Very good performance from ye anyway though, looked the better team today IMO.

Same problems as last year cost us the game. The lack of depth already biting one game in. Getting bored of it tbh. Almost 2 years with no left back, how can that happen? Spurs we not great today, but sadly you don't have to be to beat Newcastle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Good performance today, unlucky not to get a draw.

With alot of footballbeing based on sport sience... Maybe ritchies stats were dropping

Solid performance.
    Muto looked lively when came on.

Perez is just to easy to push around in the league

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Richie looks pretty pissed off after coming off, definitely a strange one, thought he was very good.

Jonjo did well, great pass for when rondon hit the bar. Lascellas looked very good again, didn't give kane one chance. And Kennedy looked dangerous.

After that it all looks mediocre, full backs who just arent good defenders and clark will be gone when schar is ready.

Gonna be same as last year, hopefully organised but not enough cutting edge.

Ps. Spurs were there for the taking today, kane, eriksson, Sanchez, alli, all looked weary from the world cup as it went on , they'll be delighted with 3 points considering they were not the better team

Denis Wise has, surprise surprise, been let out from under whatever rock he had been hiding under and catapulted into prime time to discuss his opinions on Ashley.

So SSN get a basically irrelevant heavily biased person out of obscurity to give his opinion on MA just when the entire football community is seeing what he is doing to the club. This after trotting out pretty much every other apologist available.

That's not news, or PR, it's propaganda, plain and simple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

M5 wrote: »
    Denis Wise has, surprise surprise, been let out from under whatever rock he had been hiding under and catapulted into prime time to discuss his opinions on Ashley.

So SSN get a basically irrelevant heavily biased person out of obscurity to give his opinion on MA just when the entire football community is seeing what he is doing to the club. This after trotting out pretty much every other apologist available.

That's not news, or PR, it's propaganda, plain and simple

They also had Shola Ameobi on during the Spurs game who defended Mike Ashley’s stewardship.

Paully D wrote: »
    They also had Shola Ameobi on during the Spurs game who defended Mike Ashley’s stewardship.

It's patently obvious what's going on. Rent a goon service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

M5 wrote: »
    It's patently obvious what's going on. Rent a goon service

I was surprised at Shola. Whether he actually believes it or not, I thought he’d have sided with the fans.

Paully D wrote: »
    I was surprised at Shola. Whether he actually believes it or not, I thought he’d have sided with the fans.

I'd imagine there was some wheel greasing

First half summary

-Kennedy poxy - should have been sent off
    -manquillo poxy - will eventually be sent off
    -2 new centre half's, first one isn't starting and second one isn't even on bench
    -atsu not on the bench
    -joselu and Perez back to usual offer nothing selves

Second half hopes:
    - Rondon on
    - high balls into the box
    - Kennedy to get the finger out

Also did we buy the wrong Murphy by mistake?

How does perez come off before kennedy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Newcastle midfield non existent. Harry Arter pottering around dominating this game

Edit: Bad to worse, looks bad on the replay but kind of harsh IMO

First choice right back injured
    Replacement right back injured
    Replacement of the replacement sent off...

3 at the back next week?

Kennedy has been brutal ... Ritchie has been afraid to challange anything since his early yellow..

Still dont understand how joselu is registered as a premier league player

Fernández play right back?
    Actually obviously not if he brings hayden on before him

We have 3 games out of 9 to be really going for 3 points this is one of them and we give this terrible performance

• Advertisement

Embarrassing stuff. Failure to prepare for this season laid bare 2 games in. Hayden a midfielder, shoe horned into Rb cause we have no cover gets sent off(the lad could have ahve 5/6 yellows in the 20 mins he was on the pitch and obviously dosent want to be there)

Now have no lb at the club, no fit right back, Clarke starting, joselu starting. All issues that we had last year.

Any positive vibes from last season decimated by the club. ****ing infuriating

We all had that mixed feeling when joselu scored last week, delighted we scored but knew it would buy him an extra few weeks in the team.

Beyond useless, and no excuse with rondon on the bench.

Lascelles is brilliant

This ref has been shocking... A lot of fouls on both sides not given.. few of ours should have walked but the one that did was harsh

Perfect day!

.... As usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Wow, he has some balls to step up and take that considering how utterly ****e he has been.

What the actual FCUK

How can Kennedy be allowed take that?

How was he allowed to the take the free kick before?

How was he still on the pitch and now whipped off?

He never completed a pass in the first half!!!!!

Looong season ahead, get rondon in that team asap please

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

What hotels do ye use when going for a trip over ? preferably close to nightlife

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    What hotels do ye use when going for a trip over ? preferably close to nightlife

Usually I stay in Express by holiday Inn, beside stadium, 10 minutes walk from nightlife.

Before have stead in sleepers (not bad) Surtees ( not the best but did the job for one night)

Jury's (again grand)

St James park is brilliant as its so central, look around the corner from the gate(Newcastle's temple bar) and the stadium is there, so any hotel in city center is a 10-15 min walk to stadium and nightlife.

not a huge fan of the gate id rather the clubs/bars on collingwood street.

• Advertisement

Lads im in london 22nd Sept. Newcastle are away to Palace, does anyone have any membership that might be able to get a few away tickets if they are not using it?

or any contacts?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

fitzparker wrote: »
    Usually I stay in Express by holiday Inn, beside stadium, 10 minutes walk from nightlife.

Before have stead in sleepers (not bad) Surtees ( not the best but did the job for one night)

Jury's (again grand)

St James park is brilliant as its so central, look around the corner from the gate(Newcastle's temple bar) and the stadium is there, so any hotel in city center is a 10-15 min walk to stadium and nightlife.

not a huge fan of the gate id rather the clubs/bars on collingwood street.

Cheers for that

Is the metro the easiest way to get from airport to city ? any rough idea of the cost

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    Cheers for that

Is the metro the easiest way to get from airport to city ? any rough idea of the cost

Yeah 100% its connected to the airport, couple of pound but defo less than £5 as far as I remember.

then it just depends where your hotel is to get off, usually central station but also monument is in the centre. (hotels i mentioned are withing 5-15 minutes walk away from this)

If there are a few of you it's about £20 in a taxi, could work out handier.

Hahahhahahah

Classic Newcastle

Good defensive performance in the first half, without the rock Lascelles too. Poor going forward but Rondon does a lot more than Joselu, such a noticeable upgrade. Would ye take a goalless draw at this stage? Chelsea being kept off the scoresheet will be a very rare occurrence with Sarri in charge.

Every time I criticise Joselu in here, he scores. I’ll be back next week. :)

• Advertisement

Rafa out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

can only flog a horse so many times, those players are stink

it was a penalty for the Perez wipe out from the keeper, but they conceded the second with such complacency are barely registered a half dozen shots for the entire game, the result was deserved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

things are very quiet here, not much to get excited about I guess!

leaked news about a take over again, here we go around the merry-go-round?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

fitzparker wrote: »
    Rafa out

I say he can't wait.

MIke Ashley turns up for his first home game in 18 months and lo and behold a takeover story emerges.

AND, this time with the added bonus of being in January transfer window area.

Its all so transparent

• Advertisement
Advertisement