Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

BArra wrote: »
    things are very quiet here, not much to get excited about I guess!

leaked news about a take over again, here we go around the merry-go-round?

transfer widow approaching so expect talks to break down on feb 1st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

3rd of the way through the season with 2 points. this league is unforgiving. our next 6 games are "winable" if we dont get at least 12 I think thats it.

Ashley is asking 300m this is only because he is owed 100m of his own money, the chap is a very very smart man, instead of taking a loan from the bank and selling for 150 leaving new owner to pay it back he loans his own money and gets that back ASAP.

I don't think a sale will ever go through as long as that loan is there.

The Ashley Era is a dark dark time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

GET IN!

GET IN!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ashley on the phone there - it's Woodward asking how much for Benitez.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Rarely get to watch Newcastle play. Shelvey is a solid player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Probably should’ve been a penalty and it isn’t even a corner! English reffing is a joke...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Another shambles....2 points out of a possible 24.
    Barring a miracle transfer window in January we're well and truly ****ed.

We actually won a game. Can't believe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

174 days apparently

It's November ffs

Watford and Pats, that's yer lot in any type of game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Couldnt be happier, at least it gives us hope that we might survive the seaon. At least it keeps us in with a shout until the January transfer window.

I am a bit gutted though we won.
    I only read this last week and I was both crying and laughing at it.

https://socceronsunday.com/article/rafas-vincibles-target-season-without-a-win/

it's actually the first time i have checked the table after that win and really surprised it brought us out of the bottom 3 (for now anyway) I thought we were honestly a few points off.

We have 6 games coming up that points can be made, we need 10 at least.

on the game itself, we could have been buried in the first half, watford missed so many chances. but the teams resilience after we scored was excelled, didn't rush, showed composure especially after using all our subs in 50 mins.

Huge game for us now against Bournemouth on Saturday. If we can get three points, I give us a chance at surviving this season.

Thought we were very poor in a lot of areas against Watford, at least the win will give us some confidence though.

We need to build up some momentum now given the dreadful start we had

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Bournemouth, Burnley, West Ham, Everton, Wolves, Huddersfield, Fulham, Liverpool and Watford between now and the end of 2018. Apart from Liverpool, there should really be no other game there where we haven’t a hope in. That 9 game stretch will define survival or not I think as it doesn’t look easy after Christmas.

Cake Man wrote: »
    Bournemouth, Burnley, West Ham, Everton, Wolves, Huddersfield, Fulham, Liverpool and Watford between now and the end of 2018. Apart from Liverpool, there should really be no other game there where we haven’t a hope in. That 9 game stretch will define survival or not I think as it doesn’t look easy after Christmas.

The three home games especially against Bournemouth, West Ham & Wolves, we seem to be a little bit more adventurous at home and with the crowd behind us, we always have a chance.

I do feel Rafa is a little too negative away from home, sometimes Imo he has got an easier ride in all of this than he should have given the owner we have.

I know the owner is the main issue but he seems to hide behind that a little bit.

Big game today, no Shelvey or lascalles, going to be tough but still think we can do it, Bournemouth started very strong against United, need to be very wary of this, soak up the pressure & hit them later on I think

Big win today. Very happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

should have put another one away to make the win less nervy, though wouldn't be Newcastle I guess without the drama

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Huge 3 points. Still sketchy as fück at the back, but Rondon's performance was worthy of the no.9 shirt.

Rondon had a very good game, bullies the defenders for 90 minutes. thought Fernandez was really good, covered Schar a few times. KI passing was brilliant, Shelvey likes the killer ball while Ki likes to spread it.

Big 3 points. and again we held out well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

And Ashley isbtalking to potential buyers again... Thats january transfers deal gone.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    And Ashley isbtalking to potential buyers again... Thats january transfers deal gone.

You say that like there was going to be January transfers in the first place!

Sure we are 15th, loads of bandwidth for player sales

Another winnable big game next Monday, Burnley away followed by West Ham at home, I think if we manage to nick the win at Turf Moor, id expect us to beat West Ham then at home because of the high the team would be on. After that, id be much more confident about our chances of surviving. Two huge games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Huge. Given the two sitters missed it would’ve been a travesty had we not won that. West Ham looking very winnable now to pull further than the 4 points away from the zone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Great win, should been more comfortable, but will take it!

Back 3 worked well I thought, look very comfortable in possession.

As above, this was one of the most comfortable we looked on the ball, even with 5 minutes to go the defence was passing it out. looked well and the confidence seems to be growing

our next 7 games are below:

West Ham (h)
    Everton (a)
    Wolves (h)
    Huddersfield (a)
    Fulham (h)
    Liverpool (a)
    Watford (a)

12 points out of these and id be happy

Diame an utter liability today, Perez just does not have the clinical finish, but the game is end to end stuff in first half

West Ham seem able to put away any chance they get, Newcastle, not so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Diame was crap.
    Perez just need to be benched.
    And what's with the Richie atsu swap? Has never worked.

Should have stuck with Clark.
    Horrible game all over....onwards I suppose.

Only good thing is KI still looked calm and cool

• Advertisement

What do you make of ashelys comments yesterday? I doubt the "deal" will get done before January even if there is one, just another excuse to not spend inthe transfer window.

Mr Ashley told Sky's Ian King Live the talks were not yet at an "exclusive" stage but that they were "at a more progressed stage than they have ever been".

He said: "I am hopeful for the Newcastle fans, for the club, for everybody, that I will be able to step aside and we will be able to get an owner in that will please everybody.

"I'd like it to be before the January transfer window."

Asked whether he saw that timetable as realistic, he said it was "possible" but that realistic was "maybe too strong a word".

"Hopefully we can carry on the good form - just recent good form - and we can get the deal done.

"Talks are at a more progressed stage than they've ever been."

The Sports Direct and House of Fraser boss did not name the prospective buyer of the Premier League club. It has previously attracted the interest of Amanda Staveley's PCP Capital Partners, which tabled a £300m bid late last year.

There has been disgruntlement among many fans about the level of transfer funds available to the club's manager Rafa Benitez.

Asked about the new owner putting in funds for Benitez, Mr Ashley said: "Yes, I am very keen to sell it to the right buyer so everybody's happy."

The bi-annual, pre transfer window, club for sale/buyers in talks guff...

And I'm sure the fact there is a boycott planned in the next home game, which is televised is just a coincidence.

It takes about 6 months to get pl clearance to buy a club. That is all you need to discredit this spin

4 bidders all of a sudden. Well isn't that convenient!

Ashley definitely gone now, no way this is another made up story, again for the 22nd consecutive transfer window/season ticket renewal window?

M5 wrote: »
    4 bidders all of a sudden. Well isn't that convenient!

Ashley definitely gone now, no way this is another made up story, again for the 22nd consecutive transfer window/season ticket renewal window?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-takeover-mike-ashley-sports-direct-300m-how-much-who-new-owners-deal-premier-league-latest-a8667736.html

chewed wrote: »

I hope im wrong, but... we have heard this at every window since 2008.

for example, why go public if line one is correct? (NDA's signed)
    Why just before a major protest in front of TV cameras? Remember what happened the last time (Clue, stalevy)

Atsu missed a great chance to win it...not surprising.

Not a bad draw, will take it.
    Dubrakva fantastic again. What a buy

Lascelles is lost out there. He hasn't a cl u e what to be doing with himself

yedlin sent off, not even a consolation pat on the back, pure ice from the bench/rafa :pac:

Rondon was a class act for the most part. We controlled the game well I felt and it was a harsh red. Agreed Lascelles was shocking throughout. Feeling it will be 3 points lost that will come back to haunt us,

What happened with Yedlin is what happens when you have players that are simply not good enough

What happened with Dean and the harsh sending off, the bizarre interpretation of the clear foul on Perez, intentional or not, and the litany of yellows in a very tame game is what happens when the referee isn't good enough.

• Advertisement

Lascelles was terrible today I thought. He struggled playing that far wide. Then for yedlin sending off it took him 2 seconds to react, he wouldn't have got back around. I also noticed when Perez scored he was the closest to him but just ran away rather than celebrate. Lucky for the first time in years we have cover when a CB just up to it. So not really worried

For mike dean to say the ball hit Perez face is a disgrace and the commentator to say nothing in it was laughable. If the defender saw him or not was still a still elbow.

Rondon was super. His work rate and control is excellent.

We need won't back cover as our main priority and dump manquillo as far away as possible. He is dirt

On the upside we got Sunderland in the ****ty cup league one teams play in along with U21 teams.

There will be Some turn out for that. The lad Sorenson Is banging them in for the 21's

467858.jpg

At least 20 times less likely to get sent off while playing against Newcastle.

145 games since an opposition player has been sent off. The table above doesn't include the last season a player was sent off (just the one in 38 games that year)

Delighted with the result today, held on for dear life, seem to be able to do the business away from home.

A win at home to Fulham is must needed now and if we can do that, we have a good chance at surviving

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

good win today , needed with the tough run after fulham game .

if anyone fancies a laugh the sunderland til i die documentary is on netflix now !!

Another great win, we are now marginally ahead of the points accrued at the same stage last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Fifth best form in the league since we got our first win. Given our early season fixtures it was always going to correct itself eventually to a certain extent. 6 clear of the relegation zone is a decent effort to this point although there are more teams with fewer points than normal

The struggle is very much real now.
    Muto must be absolutely shocking in training to not get near a starting line up.
    Perez can't be better.

School boy errors cost us again but gave it some kind of go.

People below us picking up points the last few weeks

**** players being **** shocker. Dubravka managed more passes and had a higher percentage of accurate passes than perez. Why is Hayden playing in the Premier League? Diame is a joke. Atsu tried tonight but he's nowhere close to being good enough

Sell up and fuk off Mike you absolute virus

• Advertisement

As much as the effort was there last night alot of the players just aren't good enough, not sure how Hayden can still get a game when it's common knowledge he wants to leave, his head wouldn't be in the right place. Lejeune is a welcome return as Lacelles isn't up to it. we have 3 CB in the club that are better than him. We need cover for LB and RB. a loan for Leighton baines would be nice but I dont see us buying any recognisable players.

Atsu/Perez aren't PL starters, Kenedy has been dirt since the cardiff peno miss

Advertisement