Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

fitzparker wrote: »
    id be flipping aswell, i'd say rafa gave his terms in January and still they are stalling.

its not that hard, in big bold letters "BACK ME IN THE TRANSFER WINDOW"

Not signing Rondon at this stage is a disgrace, he will get a pain in his hole and accept another club. and we are stuck with joselu and gayle

1. Back me in the transfer market (specifically said within. Clubs means)

2. Do business early for reasons in last post

3 target 7th not 17th as a success

Ashley, haha, dreamer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Christ the whole saga smacks of a huge con.

Holding company setup in the name of Zayed group. Its illegal to setup a fake company so there might be legs with this one. Love the name "monochrome acquisitions"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Pictures of Director seats being ripped up and Sports direct signs being removed.

something good is happening anyway!

Although i'd rather these were rafa's requests so he will sign than anything else!!!

Pictures of Director seats being ripped up and Sports direct signs being removed.

Although i'd rather these were rafa's requests so he will sign than anything else!!!

Could also be prep for bigger tackier signs!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

instillation of digital signs i believe

Apparently Fenerbahce are after Rondon..bloody typical.

Perfect scenario for Ashley this. Expensive striker gone, expensive mouthy manager gone, mouthy players all pissed off and will want to leave.

its bloody depressing...as long as Ashley is around we're nothing but a feeder club content to yoyo between the premier and 1st division or whatever the **** they call them now.

Joselu could be gone by this weekend, Rondon wont be staying, Perez more than likely wants out.

That leaves with Gayle up top.

Mo Diame also got released yesterday.

Means shelvey and Ki are our only 2 recognised fit central midfielders (longstaff injured, Hayden gone in the summer)

Edit: actually that saivet fella is back from his loan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

As things stand right now ... Imho we have 2 option, takeover or relegation... If there is no takeover i cant see the fat controller spend enough to please benitez and avoid relegation.

Supposedly we turned down 8 million for joselu in Jan. It was turned down as Ashley wouldn't sanction a replacement.

Newcastle under Ashley where we'd rather lose money than spend money

2 goals and an assist so far for Rondon tonight.

Still no sign of us meeting the 16.5m asking price

There won't be either, we will leave it too late.

TBH I would think a few teams have already triggered the fee already (it's not alot TBH) but I think Rondon has accepted nothing and is waiting for Newcastle to make the offer.

He and his family is settled in the north east and he is happy to sign, but the longer it goes on the bigger pain in the hoop he will get.

If he goes on and has a good copa america more offers will come with bigger money and its Day Day to our only decent striker

No plan B for current ownership should Rafa walk by all accounts!

Pards is free though!

M5 wrote: »
    No plan B for current ownership should Rafa walk by all accounts!

Pards is free though!

This is exactly it.

In 3 weeks we stand to lose our manager, our only striker, and this so called "deal" will fall through and we are back to normal.

Suppose we can't feel down about it, its not like its anything different from the past 12 years?

Fixtures released today.

August to October prob our toughest months.

Feb to April we should go on a decent run

Fixtures released today.

August to October prob our toughest months.

Feb to April we should go on a decent run

Wouldnt like to be needing too many points off out last 4 games tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

As of today, Rafa's contract is up in eleven days. Apparently has a very lucrative offer from China too.

No real progress being made on the sale & its looking like Rondon is going to heading for pastures anew also.

Same old same so:)

• Advertisement

Ah sure there will be a massive announcement in 7days, take-over complete, rafa signed, sane, lukaku, stones and sancho signed :rolleyes:

Almiron looks to have recovered anyway, burst of pace V argentina to set up the first goal

There is no chance of Rafa going to China. Zero

Id rate his chances of staying at Newcastle without ownership at a similar level though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Rafa gone. Actually can not believe Ashley. Sickened to the stomach.

Beyond farcical....there's no way it will be sold and we're definitely gonna end up back in the championship again.
    Maybe that's his plan..spend minimum money, and take the parachute payments each time we're relegated to pay off his loan.
    Spend just enough to get promoted and if we stay up great,,if not ah well here's another 35million to ensure ye get back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

What an awful shame

• Advertisement

Benitez said the club can do better. Mortal sin in the eyes of Ashley

Simple as that.

The PR spin had started yesterday. Knew this was in the pipeline

The "takeover" will take 6 weeks also according to the usual Ashley outlets. Takes us neatly up to the transfer window.

Lads, this is the same as every other year. Are any of you really surprised?

Also, anyone who thinks that there is a takeover in the works needs to consider if any potential owners wpidl be happy with this situation, or let it happen.

There's no takeover.

Also, most of the squad have also made it clear they want Benitez to stay. Some have made him staying a condition of them signing on.

This is only the start of a cataclysmic summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Entirely predictable sadly, they'll struggle to land anyone above "jobbing hack" level until the club is sold.

Word is Rafa could be off to China which seems unlikely

The reason he went to Newcastle and stayed was that it enables him to stay at home with his family.

Doubt China is on the cards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Entirely predictable sadly, they'll struggle to land anyone above "jobbing hack" level until the club is sold.

Word is Rafa could be off to China which seems unlikely

Doubt he'd go that far, his family still live in Liverpool don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Roy Keane incoming!

Sham of a club, as M5 said there is no takeover.

Rafa just wanted to compete how is that too much to ask.

That's me done now even bothering going to games until that soulless cockney is gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Sham of a club, as M5 said there is no takeover.

Rafa just wanted to compete how is that too much to ask.

That's me done now even bothering going to games until that soulless cockney is gone

I can actually see Ashley coming out after it settles down (maybe the day of Arsenal) blaming the "takeover" fail on Benitez not signing an extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Well **** you Mike Ashley.

Rafa is just too good for this joke of a club, ambition has no place around Newcastle.

What a depressing joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭adaminho

/QUOTE]

Avram Grant linked by Sky.

Relegation is an inevitability...

No point starting the season imho.... At this point id sign for not getting relegated from the championship next season...

This is as criminal as sacking sir bobby...

Nearly hope there will be no replacement any time soon, as that might mean there could be some hope of a takeover, however, s9me muppet will be installed in the next 7days which really shows there was never a takeover...

adaminho wrote: »

Avram Grant linked by Sky.

Similar to players that have been linked since the season ended... Will believe it when someone is sitting in the dugout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,825 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Apparently Newcastle didn't even inform Benitez before they announced their intention not to renew his contract. I feel for Rafa in all this. He's conducted himself with dignity, yet is treated like utter sh1t. He is better off gone from this circus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I feel for the Newcastle fans to be honest. God knows what clown they will get in his place.
    5/1 t be relegated might not be the worst bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I feel for the Newcastle fans to be honest. God knows what clown they will get in his place.
    5/1 t be relegated might not be the worst bet

Paddy power paid out on it this morning 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

D_turbo wrote: »
    Paddy power paid out on it this morning 😂

Didn't realise that, think they were 11/4 when I checked

The biggest indication of the state of the club is the absolute lack of discussion of this travesty on here. There should be a post mortum to understand how this could happen. How a club of our current stature could sit idly by and let a manager of his stature leave? How a manager who had a great relationship with the fans and got the most out of his players could be let go for asking for better facilities? How a manger who said he wanted to improve the club even with the financial constraints imposed could be dumped without even being alerted to the fact?

Sadly we've all been here before, we know the score, Ashley will destroy any modicum of hope or ambition.

Has a club ever been so deliberately poisoned from within?

Im hanging on by a thread if im honest. No matter what happens in the future, under Ashley you can be sure of one thing. We'll be here again, devastated.

Is it really worth it?

The biggest indication of the state of the club is the absolute lack of discussion of this travesty on here. There should be a post mortum to understand how this could happen. How a club of our current stature could sit idly by and let a manager of his stature leave? How a manager who had a great relationship with the fans and got the most out of his players could be let go for asking for better facilities? How a manger who said he wanted to improve the club even with the financial constraints imposed could be dumped without even being alerted to the fact?

Sadly we've all been here before, we know the score, Ashley will destroy any modicum of hope or ambition.

Has a club ever been so deliberately poisoned from within?

Im hanging on by a thread if im honest. No matter what happens in the future, under Ashley you can be sure of one thing. We'll be here again, devastated.

Is it really worth it?
    The problem is a post mortem wont help as ashley plows on regardless, a stadium that 50% or more empty for every home game starting against arsenal, 0 uptake on the 2019-2020 kits would be a way to make him take note but you and i both know newcastle fans, we'll show up and buy the kits claiming we are supporting only the players and the manager...

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    The problem is a post mortem wont help as ashley plows on regardless, a stadium that 50% or more empty for every home game starting against arsenal, 0 uptake on the 2019-2020 kits would be a way to make him take note but you and i both know newcastle fans, we'll show up and buy the kits claiming we are supporting only the players and the manager...

That's my point. Nothing matters with Ashley there. There's only one solution. I'm hanging around until the inevitable takeover collapse. It's binary for me now

That's my point. Nothing matters with Ashley there. There's only one solution. I'm hanging around until the inevitable takeover collapse. It's binary for me now

Fans need to stay away and stop buying replica gear... As long as he has money coming in he will stay...

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Fans need to stay away and stop buying replica gear... As long as he has money coming in he will stay...

I've seen nothing in the past to suggest that there won't be 52k at the arsenal game. A kinear/wide combo wouldn't be enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Anthony Hudson? Poor mans Bob Bradley.

He's out of a job, so he fits the bill (Ashley has never hired a manager that was working elsewhere)

• Advertisement

Don't be surprised if Neil Redfearn gets it, he was manager at leeds a few years back and got the Newcastle U23 job last week.

He will be put in "until takeover completes" get 2 draws in first 6 games and be given a 6 year contract.

As per the fans, season ticket holders have until 6th July to cancel, from twitter a number already have, but then you have some gimp fro a supporters club!!!! on the news saying he cant cancel as he is in a 10 year one. all it is is cancelling your direct debit!

Personally I am done now until Ashley is gone, I might only attend 2 or 3 games a year but id rather save my money now

oh and if its any cause for a smile Pardew's 8 year contract finishes this summer!

Advertisement