Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

fitzparker wrote: »
    Don't be surprised if Neil Redfearn gets it, he was manager at leeds a few years back and got the Newcastle U23 job last week.

He will be put in "until takeover completes" get 2 draws in first 6 games and be given a 6 year contract.

As per the fans, season ticket holders have until 6th July to cancel, from twitter a number already have, but then you have some gimp fro a supporters club!!!! on the news saying he cant cancel as he is in a 10 year one. all it is is cancelling your direct debit!

Personally I am done now until Ashley is gone, I might only attend 2 or 3 games a year but id rather save my money now

oh and if its any cause for a smile Pardew's 8 year contract finishes this summer!

You can’t cancel in the middle of a contract. If he did he’d be blacklisted and never get a season ticket again.
    What they should do is boycott advertised matches and let sky show lots of empty seats.
    However no matter what we feel about NUFC it’s the geordies home club. As they stated before they have followed the club through good and bad times. Mike Ashely is just another asshole passing through and the club will be there long after he is gone...well I bloody hope so anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

fitzparker wrote: »

oh and if its any cause for a smile Pardew's 8 year contract finishes this summer!

Don't Jinx it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I definitely would think a significant widespread boycott of home games is warranted at this point. There can be no confusion: Ashley is not even pretending at this stage that he has the interests of the club, the fanbase or the city to heart.

That's easy to say and harder to do in practice. Football is an escape and a big part of people's lives for those who go every week and have been going for years. Don't know lads - it's an awful situation to look at from afar. As a Liverpool fan I know exactly what you're going through right now. It's not right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Blazer wrote: »
    You can’t cancel in the middle of a contract. If he did he’d be blacklisted and never get a season ticket again.
    What they should do is boycott advertised matches and let sky show lots of empty seats.
    However no matter what we feel about NUFC it’s the geordies home club. As they stated before they have followed the club through good and bad times. Mike Ashely is just another asshole passing through and the club will be there long after he is gone...well I bloody hope so anyway

Im sure the new owners will cut some slack (if they ever arrive), a number of fans have already done it, some even going as far as an indemnity to try get some money back haha :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Even my 9yr old gets it, he said today that the new jersey with Almiron on the back would be nice(think he has a problem with personal taste tbh but hey)... Just said, that would put more money in Ashleys pockets... He then saids its fine hed wait...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Anthony Hudson? Poor mans Bob Bradley.

Christ, why not just go the whole hog and get Bruce Arena in...

Newcastle are a ****ing shambles under TFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Newcastle will probably come out with some rubbish about how they needed a manager to commit before releasing funds.

Ashley has come out with ****e that the take over crowd didnt want rafas contract extended as they dont want him as a manager and would have to buy him out of the new deal if it was signed...

F*ck me he has some balls :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Awaiting the obligatory "we can't complete with city" line

Let's ignore the fact that freshly promoted villa have spent more since being promoted, and without playing a game than Newcastle have spent (net) under current ownership

• Advertisement

supposed statement incoming in the next couple of days from the "takeover group"

Ironically it will be released before the season ticket renewal date.

the usual will happen, those on the fence will sign up, 4 weeks later they couldn't get the takeover deal "over the line"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

I'm done till he's gone, muted all football related feeds. Won't be attending matches, buying anything SD or NUFC related.

The umpteenth confirmation that the target is survival at the cheapest price possible, anything north of that is an opertunity to sell our best players.

It's not football any more, you're as well to take up supporting one of those mobile billboards.

Yeah, cant begrudge rafa anything, he worked miracles with the players he had at his disposal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Yeah, cant begrudge rafa anything, he worked miracles with the players he had at his disposal...

How many years working in China before he can buy Newcastle?

What players are likely to be leaving?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

TherapyBoy wrote: »

First of many id say

Lots of sports outlets have the Perez to Leicester,fee agreed now...

IF there was a takeover, this feels like ashley grabbing all he can before he leaves, as there is no takeover, feels like ashley just grabbing all he can... :Mad:

Perez move confirmed ....

But we are still meant to believe there is a take over happening .. Suppose negotiations have to restart as the clubs assests just dropped by 30m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

I'm done with the club on until that fat prick is gone. Absolutely soul destroying going to games and lining his pockets.

• Advertisement

Apparently Longstaff is bound for United and we’re talking to Robert Martinez about taking it.
    Christ I hate that fat **** Ashely.
    I long for the day I watch him live on tv choke on a pie and falling down the steps of St James Park hitting each one.
    I’ve refused to buy any merchandise and banned the missus from shopping in his stores for the past 2 years.

Lots of sports outlets have the Perez to Leicester,fee agreed now...

IF there was a takeover, this feels like ashley grabbing all he can before he leaves, as there is no takeover, feels like ashley just grabbing all he can... :Mad:

I'm clinging to this but just think this takeover stuff is all lies, nobody bar journalist have spoke about it.

i didn't even read rafa column did he even mention it?

although I did laugh at his line about the training ground getting redone and "all they did in 3 years was paint it" :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

It is genuinely not safe for that fat c*** to walk the streets of Newcastle. An odious individual. There will be protests that make Arsenal's of a few years ago look tame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

This is as depressed as Ive ever been following the toon went to my first match in April 1998 ( a horrendous 0-0 draw vs Coventry) and going over 4 times a season since but i'm done now until Ashley is gone we're the only club in football that isn't trying to succeed or trying to progress thoroughly depressing stuff.

Anyone joined the Newcastle United Supporters Trust? Been half-thinking of jumping on a lifetime membership while it’s cheap (£10) but I’d like to hear from anyone who’s a member & get an opinion on what it’s all about beforehand.

https://nufctrust.co.uk/about-us/

I read about them before and wasn't impressed.
    In fact I don't think I've ever read about them criticizing the club etc apart from some token responses.
    Also a lot of board members quit it a few years later saying they weren't happy with how it was being ran etc.

Maybe best to hold off so. Thanks!

Karl Darlow looks like hes the next one out the door... Blackburn bound

Karl Darlow looks like hes the next one out the door... Blackburn bound

Any good for the Championship? Blackburn have sold Raya to Brentford.

• Advertisement

Why is it every year we are being linked to goalkeepers. this time its some lad off Lazio

If darlow goes we are ok with Woodman and Elliot.

ok, it pains me to say it, but why would we get rid of Joselu if no take over is coming, that leaves us with just Gayle as our ONLY striker.

The statement yesterday didn't give hope or doubt but at least its something.

There won't be a takeover Ashley will be in charge come the start of the season a cheap manager will be in place Nigel Pearson or some such nobody or Redfearn full time a couple of cheap nothing players will be panic bought in August and we'll be relegated by March.

At least before ya could get hammered in the opening game of the season and panic buy 2 or 3 players before the window shuts... We dont even have that now with the window closing before the season starts.... I honestly believe arsenal will rip us a new one on day one and we will stay rooted to the bottom of the table for the entire season. The squad we have wouldnt even get mid table in the championship.

The Arsenal game will be an absolute hammering.

the only thing is we have pre season games against wolves and West ham/City, so we can judge by them how bad we actually are to other premier league teams, so come the first game it will come to no shock to anyone.

It's a disgrace when Villa,Brighton, southampton are all spending money on players at the going rate (15m Plus) yet we will end up with crocks who can't get their game at those clubs (oh but at least they are under 28)

In a way, Perez selling for 30m validates ashleys policy and is less likely to see him change, buy low sell the odd one high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Apparently talks on going for compensation for Steve Bruce.

You'd want some imagination to make this up

D_turbo wrote: »
    Apparently talks on going for compensation for Steve Bruce.

You'd want some imagination to make this up

Money Sheff Wed would have to pay Newcastle one would imagine.

Bruce and Ashley can have pie eating competitions...

Thankfully BZG didnt want Rafa as manager, otherwise we'd never be able to get Bruce.... :rolleyes:

The only transfer fee that will be spent this summer will be £1 Million for Steve Bruce it would be funny if it weren't so tragic.

Big Sam confirmed he was offered the job first as no compensation required for him but turned it down.
    It proves beyond a doubt that Ashely has zero interest in the club.
    His only thought is to make back his money and promote his companies with free advertising.
    He doesn’t care if we get relegated as the parachute payments of £70 million will get the team back up and he can buy a few players on the cheap and flog them off, and then do it all over again.

• Advertisement

Big Sam confirmed he was offered the job first as no compensation required for him but turned it down.
    It proves beyond a doubt that Ashely has zero interest in the club.
    His only thought is to make back his money and promote his companies with free advertising.
    He doesn’t care if we get relegated as the parachute payments of £70 million will get the team back up and he can buy a few players on the cheap and flog them off, and then do it all over again.

Not only zero interest in the club, but he is trying to get at the fans now with this crap - Bruce and Allardyce.
    Disturbing behaviour.

Bruce signing immenent according to sky sports.

I'd have taken big Sam before Bruce. This is absolutely depressing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Bruce is at Middlewood Rd training ground

Dont think NUFC will pay DCs 5 mill compo clause

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bruce is at Middlewood Rd training ground

Dont think NUFC will pay DCs 5 mill compo clause

Paying money for Bruce seems like the craziest thing ever. He is way below Premier League level.

Jesus. 5M is some money for him. I had heard it was 1M, which I taught was ridiculous as is.

Wonder did they contact Moyes about the position or is he to clever for it

5m could have been given to Rafa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

D_turbo wrote: »
    Jesus. 5M is some money for him. I had heard it was 1M, which I taught was ridiculous as is.

Wonder did they contact Moyes about the position or is he to clever for it

Honestly Sheff Wednesday should be paying Newcastle compensation here.

Feel for Newcastle fans in a big way with recent events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

CSF wrote: »
    Honestly Sheff Wednesday should be paying Newcastle compensation here.

Feel for Newcastle fans in a big way with recent events.

doubt we can afford to pay anything, the chairman just bought the ground, albeit from himself :D

Cant believe some commentating on football still believe ashley is doing a good job, or that the 30m perez money will be added to a supposed 60m kitty or that if longstaff sells for 55m, that it will be given to the manager to spend or that there is a takeover or that steve bruce is a good choice or...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

In light of all the bolloxogy, who would people in this thread actually accept as next manager.

I would have Moyes ahead of Bruce; not saying much but no fee, after that I am not interested in who it is ashley extorts.

Sky/BT/ESPN/Amazon can also relax, not a hope in hell I'm going out of my way to illegal stream the Sh!t-storm coming.

• Advertisement
Advertisement