Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

fitzparker wrote: »
    I would love him, For me, his link up play is the best in the league (no joke) but its players we just dont get, especially asking someone to move from London, this is where the north east struggle.

Agree will be hard but with Euros in Summer Giroud will be desperate to play

He might accept few months up north for guaranteed game time

We need players this month - whoever we get I just hope there proven premier league players which will be hard under Ashley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Looking for help lads as the box office are of no support at all.

So santa brought the little one and her cousin a trip to Newcastle for their first game.

I contacted box office (giving the sop story, santa present, coming from Ireland etc) to see if anything can be done to try get 4 tickets together.

Basically got told min of 5% of tickets will be on sale and i can only get 2 tickets when released, and it's down to luck if they are even together.

Pretty ****e to be honest and now I'm in a poxy situation. This "Free half season" as pointed out before has really killed travelling fans.

Everton was a "sell out" yet you could still see empty spaces.

I'm a member online myself. Is anyone else that I could use there log in to book another 2 tickets for Niece and my brother I would be grateful

Members sale is 6th Jan. Online 9th. General 13th.

Game is 18th.

Thanks

Just to follow up on this for anyone needing it in the future, to get 4 tickets you need to link a family member (or create another account and link it to yours, which is what I did).

Tickets went on sale this morning at 10am, the only places with 4 in a row where a couple of sections at Top leazes and Milburn, ended up getting 4 in Milburn bleeders.

By 10:15 there were only single tickets left, so basically a sellout.

its a disgrace knowing on actual gameday the empty pockets will be easy to spot (hoping not as a good atmosphere will be a bonus) but team performance on top of the "free tickets" suggests otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Just to follow up on this for anyone needing it in the future, to get 4 tickets you need to link a family member (or create another account and link it to yours, which is what I did).

Tickets went on sale this morning at 10am, the only places with 4 in a row where a couple of sections at Top leazes and Milburn, ended up getting 4 in Milburn bleeders.

By 10:15 there were only single tickets left, so basically a sellout.

its a disgrace knowing on actual gameday the empty pockets will be easy to spot (hoping not as a good atmosphere will be a bonus) but team performance on top of the "free tickets" suggests otherwise

Yeah I managed to get 2 together alright right up in the clouds of level 7 it's a sickener knowing there'll be loads of empty seats from the free tickets on matchday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

A point away at Wolves, I'll take that. Dubravka and Miggy brilliant.
    We seemed to have a good plan/formation until the injuries, again is there something going on with SB's training methods or is it solely we are just that thin?
    FCB needs to start spending.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

It might be something (old school) in his training methods, reading reports of similar things happening mid-season at other clubs he has managed. Well done again to the lovely Miggy for the goal & whatever they are paying Dubravka they need to double it, his ridiculous saves in recent games are gathering up some valuable points for us!

A good result especially considering all the injuries we actually played some half decent stuff before Gayle went off we looked a threat after that it was a containment job which we did rather well all things considered. I believe Bruce now has no choice other than to rest a few players tomorrow given the injuries we have though it's a risk because there'll be massive pressure on him if we get knocked out by Rochdale.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Definition of an absolute smash and grab.
    Horrible to watch but I will take it all day.
    I'd have taken the 0-0 but happily take 1-0 against Chelsea

Oh god I'm still recovering from that the work rate and togetherness of the team was brilliant yes it was absolutely ****e at times but every single player tried their heart out for the team and a special mention to Joelinton who worked his socks off in a difficult role winning the corner at the end was magnificent.

This is very poor so far the longstaff aren't good enough to play together at CM we need Shelvey on. If Christian Atsu can be a professional footballer then I hold out some hope for myself an outrageously poor footballer Joelinton back to his old self.

• Advertisement

What’s a point !!!!!

Hahahahaha unbelievable 7 defenders on the pitch there and one scores twice amazing scenes

Took Joelinton off and the whole game changed. No doubt he'll be on the lineup for Oxford match but if he doesn't score, he has to be dropped

If we beat Oxford which we should - it’s been a great week -

Absolutely terrible to watch but 4 points v Chelsea and Everton and in the next round of cup would be a great week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

Mad result tonight, didn’t watch it live but was following the live scores. Checked it at 90 mins and was still 2-0. Watched the highlights on Sky an hour ago and couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Absolutely battered for 90 minutes and in truth if it wasn’t for Dubravka, AGAIN, Everton could have had 4 or 5.

14 games to get 10 points although I think this season a team with 40 points could go down. We’re 3 points off 7th but only 7 points off the relegation zone.

Need a striker, if not two, badly before the deadline. I don’t care who it is but Joelinton, in addition to being ****, is going to break down at any stage he’s carrying an injury but is the only “striker” that’s available. Amazing how we’re picking points up with the players that are available. As poor as they are they’re some team to watch because they simply do not give up.

Great Battling again and unbelievable result. But we play utter tripe football and cant keep it up, a 5 or 6 goal hammering awaits us but once its over the 43 point mark (which I think will be needed).

Injuries are killing us Shelvey is struggling but has to sit on bench, Joelinton is injured but has to start. Putting Hayden in at right back when kraft(i know he is dirt) is there already? and where is Ki? surely he can make the bench at least rather than a few U23 players.

Oxford at home the weekend, hopefully a few can have a rest... Dubravka, Hayden, Shelvey, bring in Ki, Bentaleb,Darlow,

Even do 4-4-2 Almiron and Sorenson up front and we can rest Joelinton, Schar can come in and give Lascelles a break

No matter what team we put out we have to beat these at home but we also need to protect our players as injuries are creeping in

Finally Newcastle do something right (I hope its for the right thing)

Reduced kids tickets for Saturday from £5 to £1. anyone who got a £5 ticket can get £5 off in the club shop.

2 decent signings albeit on loan
    Bentaleb and Lazaro will give us options that we badly need

Embarrassing that today Joelinton couldnt hit a barn door with a banjo

• Advertisement

Scoundrel wrote: »

Except for after the whistle and then it always found the net, would make you weep, horrible to say but if he picked up a knock now till the end of the season it would actually be for the best, Bruce won't bench him cause they can't afford to write off 40m

Simple fact is the team is a defensive team and we can't play any attacking football, regardless of the skill level of the opponents. Bruce could at least change the formation for more attacking when the opposition is weak but it looks like he just won't or can't.

Snotty wrote: »
    Except for after the whistle and then it always found the net, would make you weep, horrible to say but if he picked up a knock now till the end of the season it would actually be for the best, Bruce won't bench him cause they can't afford to write off 40m

Simple fact is the team is a defensive team and we can't play any attacking football, regardless of the skill level of the opponents. Bruce could at least change the formation for more attacking when the opposition is weak but it looks like he just won't or can't.

Bruce doesn’t do tactics, in fact his tactical understanding of the game is on a par with the average fan. How are people always surprised by this even though it’s been an ever constant at all the clubs he’s managed??
    And even more amazing is how on earth is one of the most useless managers ever to manage in the premier league still getting job offers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭macraignil

Playing as the only striker can make it difficult for a player to get goals and as mentioned Joelinton did have the ball in the back of the net twice in yesterdays game but those chances were offside. He is still a young player and if he was just a bit more careful with staying onside Newcastle could have had a comfortable 2 or 1 -0 win. Only saw the highlights on match of the day and they did not show the string of missed chances suggested by the above post.

When I have seen Joelinton play he has done well to hold the ball up and keep possession at times and when faced with multiple defenders and the rest of the team so far back the field even doing this is doing fairly well in my opinion. I've no problem with giving him more time to get more goals and think he will get more if given a better supply. McGoldrick is said to be a fan favorite at Shefield United and still has not got a premier league goal mostly I think because he plays this vital link role that helps others in the team get a goal. Newcastle are still in the FA cup and on the same points as all the premier league teams up to the top half of the table. The team has recently beat Chelsea who are in the top four and got points against Wolves who are in seventh and Everton who have invested far more in their first team. With the players at the club currently I'm not sure the team could cope with chopping and changing formation from game to game and all things considered I think Bruce is doing fairly well in a job not many would be rushing to apply for.

its a mix of both posts, we are far to defensive and worry more about conceding than scoring, Joelinton for me is a big lad that doesnt win enough in the air to get the 2 wingers going after it (after al that is as far as our tactics go)

I was at the Chelsea game and in the first half he did not win 1 header, second half was still less v his opponent. this was against christiansen and Kante. its not good enough.

We had a strong enough defensive line to hold off oxford, I feel we should have really went for it, especially at home in front of a sold out crowd.

Now we need to go to their place in search of doing Something we couldn't at home

In terms of bruce doing a good job? yeah at set pieces maybe, we struggle to score open free flowing goals. its terrible to watch. from what I recall (could be wrong by 1 or 2 games) but we have only had more possession than Watford, back when they couldn't kick snow off a rope

Rose in is a seriously good acquisition but surely with Gayle going to forest there has to be a striker coming in??

• Advertisement

Rose in is a seriously good acquisition but surely with Gayle going to forest there has to be a striker coming in??

Bruce is gonna play Rose up front :)

Sure only defenders score for us so why not bring in a few more!

Rose is a terrific signing, one I hope can be made permanent if he has a good 6 months, if he and Jetro are signed that could be the end of dummett.

Dont think Gayle will be going anywhere until the summer.....today will be outgoings, a choice from Colback,Ki,AArons,Saivet and with Lazaro coming in id get rid of Kraft.

What do you make of the matty longstaff situation? I wonder how much he wants VS how much we are offering.

personally not a big loss if he goes a couple of goals v United doesn't warrant an 18 year old with 7 caps much bartering power.

Abysmal stuff today lucky to get a draw at home to norwich

We are a disgrace to watch. The worst team in the league.

Dubrovka saving us week in week out. Starting to feel bad for joelinton. We could have aguero up front and he still wouldnt get 10 goals a season for us. The tactics are abysmal. Schar and lejune on the bench again today, bar shelvey they are our only playmakers. If this keeps up they will easily jump ship to a better team and we are stuck with Clark and Fernandez.

The luckiest team in the league, we are due (and deserve) a big defeat. And it wont be against the "top 6" it will come against a Southampton or Watford by 4 or 5 goals.

Oxford on tuesday and the same tactics will be used against a league one side, we should be going out to try embarrass teams like this. Maxim and almiron should want to make a show of these types of players because if we get through this WBA away in next round will beat us comfortably.

Something has to give.

Big rant but it's the first year I get distracted when watching it's that bad to look at.

On the plus side up to 10th haha!

Well we did our very best to **** that up but in fairness showed some fight and spirit in the 2nd half of extra time to dig out the win which we looked like comfortably getting for so long. The positives are S Longstaffs performance further up the pitch a cracking goal and a lovely assist and ASM looking constantly dangerous everytime he got the ball he dragged us back into the game in extra time and although Atsu was wasteful in possession I feel he was helpful to the team when he came on as he gave us another outlet on the break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

Well we did our very best to **** that up but in fairness showed some fight and spirit in the 2nd half of extra time to dig out the win which we looked like comfortably getting for so long. The positives are S Longstaffs performance further up the pitch a cracking goal and a lovely assist and ASM looking constantly dangerous everytime he got the ball he dragged us back into the game in extra time and although Atsu was wasteful in possession I feel he was helpful to the team when he came on as he gave us another outlet on the break.

We really make things hard for ourselves. Should have been a 3 - 0 comfortable win. To be fair to Oxford they really stepped up at the end of the 2nd half. S Longstaff was really impressive though. I just wish Almiron and Maximin were a bit more aware when they're in the box. They go it alone far too often and need to be more aware of support around them. What a finish from Maximin though!

Don't blame this place being so quiet, brutal football.

But some positives today, better formation, shelvey and Hayden in the middle. ASM should have been on earlier, can see the change when he came on.

Relegation Looms, everyone looking at our fixture and not worried at all.

I caught second half, thought Gayle wasn't bad out right, but he constantly had space.

Was nice to see us keeping possession in the opponents half.

Manquillo back in aswell was nice to see.

But not scoring for another game is miserable, we have 6 "6 pointers" games to play with 4 points off bottom 3.

as much as a cup quarter final would be great id rest them tomorrow and focus on the league, if we can snatch something (even a replay at home) it would be something, although I can see west brom winning by 2 or more.

Yeah the fact that the absolute rubbish we produced on Saturday actually constituted an improved performance says it all about how awful we actually are.

Bruce and Saint Maximin have supposedly fallen out Bruce lying saying hes injured when hes not hes supposed to have told Bruce that the players are better than he gives them credit for and to let them play football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Bruce and Saint Maximin have supposedly fallen out Bruce lying saying hes injured when hes not hes supposed to have told Bruce that the players are better than he gives them credit for and to let them play football

Assist for him tonight. 2-0 up at halftime looking good at the minute to get through please god. would be the first time in 14 years we make the 6th round

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Assist for him tonight. 2-0 up at halftime looking good at the minute to get through please god. would be the first time in 14 years we make the 6th round

Yeah obviously nothing in the story craig hope reported it this morning anyway very positive first half almiron ASM Joelintin Lazzaro all playing well no let's finish them off with an early third no repeat of the oxford nonsense.

Yessssss

****ing ridiculous change from bruce completely losing all momentum

****ing ridiculous change from bruce completely losing all momentum

I don't rate SB at all but he's what we got and I'm willing to support him, he's under huge pressure and his changes tonight were a sign of a manager with no confidence in the choices he will make. Yes he need to take of Miggy and ASM, no point risking them, but rather than like for like and try to keep shape, he goes with what he thinks will always be the safer choice, defend
    Looks like we have a very solid left side now, Miggy at #10, formation shows promise, mid field is huge problem, Longstaff and Bentalab both need dropped

• Advertisement

Longstaff and Bentalab both need dropped

For who? our only other 2 choices are Hayden and Shelvey (matty if the other 4 arent available).

Longstaff is probably out of the 4 the least talented but he is our only box to box (which we need to support joelinton), reluctantly I would start him with any one of the other 3.

I was able to catch the first half, so cant comment on Joelinton if he did any better in second, but in the first half he couldn't control anything, at 29 mins a long ball was put up to him and he went to chest it, completely missed and it went through his legs, his confidence is totally gone.

Outside of that, a great result, and only 90 mins away from Wembley!!! hopefully the draw is kind to us but it looks like 8 premier league teams will go through so really down to who is up for it on the day.

Didn't see the match but sounds like Shelvey and Hayden had a better control of midfield until they sat back.
    Gayle might have missed all those chances but at least he gets into the right positions. Better today, 3 points and closer to safety

Didn't see the match but sounds like Shelvey and Hayden had a better control of midfield until they sat back.
    Gayle might have missed all those chances but at least he gets into the right positions. Better today, 3 points and closer to safety

Yeah first half was very good Shelvey running the show Hayden protecting the back four probably should have been 3 up at h/t easy knowing I backed Almiron for first goal given the sitter he missed:rolleyes: but we may have found our best formation/team though it will be interesting to see whether he goes back to 5 at the back when we play the better teams i.e Man City Liverpool etc

I think that formation gives us more going forward, allows us to play more higher up. Gayle missed a few chances but he got into the positions which is important.

I'm just weary the end of the season that Schar and Lejune, will get sick of being on the bench and look to move on, but it falls into Ashelys plans anyway, pay 10 for both and get 30m +

I heard on the Chronical podcast that Manquillo is out of contract in the summer and the guy speaking reckoned he won't be offered a new contract and is just free to leave. Is that not crazy? for the first have of the year he was brilliant

It’s actually ****in depressing seeing where we are now.
    If Ashely had backed Rafa to the tune of 100million we’d have been way higher up the table and maybe have a good chance at winning a cup.
    As it is it’s a miracle we’re in the last 16 but as soon as we meet a half decent tram we’re screwed.

I heard on the Chronical podcast that Manquillo is out of contract in the summer and the guy speaking reckoned he won't be offered a new contract and is just free to leave. Is that not crazy? for the first have of the year he was brilliant

He has been our best RB this season, I thought he has been very good compared to previous years (still needs work on crossing!!)

I just checked and you are right, his contract is up along with Fernandez,Carroll, M.Longstaff and Elliot (from our premier league squad)

If we potentially lose Manquillo and Fernandez, then Schar and Lejune head off for better clubs, it leaves us with Lascelles and Clark as our only 2 centre halfs.

Blazer wrote: »
    It’s actually ****in depressing seeing where we are now.
    If Ashely had backed Rafa to the tune of 100million we’d have been way higher up the table and maybe have a good chance at winning a cup.
    As it is it’s a miracle we’re in the last 16 but as soon as we meet a half decent tram we’re screwed.

We're in the last 8 to be fair but other than that yeah it is depressing the club is going nowhere until Ashley sells but I still want us to stay up and for what it's worth i think we'll give Man City a good rattle

He has been our best RB this season, I thought he has been very good compared to previous years (still needs work on crossing!!)

I just checked and you are right, his contract is up along with Fernandez,Carroll, M.Longstaff and Elliot (from our premier league squad)

If we potentially lose Manquillo and Fernandez, then Schar and Lejune head off for better clubs, it leaves us with Lascelles and Clark as our only 2 centre halfs.

Rafa wanted depth in our squad, multiple players of the same caliber playing the same position, then gradually improve each position. Doesn't look like this will continue so I fully expect us to lose some players we need, all to save wages. Instead we might continue the trend of buying 1 or 2 big (by our standards) each summer. Think we know which is better.

• Advertisement

Ashely showing exactly the type of person we all know and detest by forcing his shops to remain open by claiming they are essential workers.
    When the lead of Basildon council tells you that you are the lowest of the low and tells your workers not to go into work and that the council will cover their wages then you know that Ashely is one of the scummiest people in the UK.

Advertisement