Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I know there's been some very poor attempt to muddy the waters by throwing gambling advertising into the mix, as if it's somehow comparable to genocide.
    I never said it was as comparable, just that if you are going there then you don't want to be a hypocrite that thinks what's happening on the other side of the planet is important and protecting your own kids isn't and that it's ok to support those exposing your kids to gambling while wailing about genocide in Asia.
    And also suggesting that everybody should be a liberal wooly hat wearer that puts world politics before sports.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I never said it was as comparable, just that if you are going there then you don't want to be a hypocrite that thinks what's happening on the other side of the planet is important and protecting your own kids isn't and that it's ok to support those exposing your kids to gambling while wailing about genocide in Asia.
    And also suggesting that everybody should be a liberal wooly hat wearer that puts world politics before sports.

Still though, no matter what way you stack it up, your position is complete and utter nonsense.

The people who are looking to buy NUFC are accused of participating in a genocide. Some people don't like genocide.

You've thrown everything at it, and some hilarious nonsense, from saying football fans don't care about politics to the "real football fans agree with me" (come on, you must have blushed typing that one) to spluttering about gambling and other clubs and this ridiculous "you all.hate kids here but you love Asians" tangent. Repeating the nonsense in various posts doesn't validate it one whit. Even throwing in the odd jibe about posters being high and mighty, liberal woolly hat wearers, sanctimonious etc. doesn't rescue your efforts. They're just drivel.

Oh and if you were really bothered about Klopp and gambling yourself, you might link the thread you've presumably started about it, thanks. I mean, you're not just making the point here, because that would be obvious whatabouttery, I take it it's an issue you've pressed before.

Still though, no matter what way you stack it up, your position is complete and utter nonsense.
    No need to quote any of the absolute scutter you posted after this.
    My position is not nonsense. I really don't care that much about what's happening in Asia.
    I do care about my kids and I've started threads about gambling ads during daytime Premier League games and there wasn't much of a response.
    So you worry about Asia and I'll worry about protecting our children.
    God bless and good luck.

Asia?

wtf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

No need to quote any of the absolute scutter you posted after this.
    My position is not nonsense. I really don't care that much about what's happening in Asia.
    I do care about my kids and I've started threads about gambling ads during daytime Premier League games and there wasn't much of a response.
    So you worry about Asia and I'll worry about protecting our children.
    God bless and good luck.

Christ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭macraignil

glasso wrote: »
    Asia?

wtf.

Geography lessons? Morality preaching? Dismissive comments about other people's point of view?

I thought this thread was meant to be about supporting Newcastle football club. When did preaching about morality become the main topic. Isn't there somewhere else more appropriate for morality discussions?

macraignil wrote: »
    Geography lessons? Morality preaching? Dismissive comments about other people's point of view?

I thought this thread was meant to be about supporting Newcastle football club. When did preaching about morality become the main topic. Isn't there somewhere else more appropriate for morality discussions?

You're right, apologies, I should've stopped replying to 'em when it got pulled onto a tangent entirely away from what we'd been talking about, and away from Newcastle.

Under the circumstances, the broader sense of peoples own personal and moral opinions on what's happening will obviously come up though. Plenty of newcastle fans have already weighed in on if it would bother them or not... seems fairly split down the middle at the moment.

Looks like it's all gonna go ahead for better or worse over the next few days anyway though.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

This thread is much more fun than the "my team is better than your team" nonsense that's been going on in this forum the last while.

Seriously who doesn't know the difference between the Middle East and Asia? That's actually disturbing

If you haven't noticed there is no football being played, no transfers being made and the main thing happening with NUFC is a likely takeover at a sovereign level by one of the most repressive and murderous regimes in the world.

Seriously who doesn't know the difference between the Middle East and Asia? That's actually disturbing

If you haven't noticed there is no football being played, no transfers being made and the main thing happening with NUFC is a likely takeover at a sovereign level by one of the most repressive and murderous regimes in the world.

To be fair alright though, even though it's rarely referred to like that, both are true since the Middle East (in terms of continents) is generally considered a region within the shared broader continents of Asia and Africa...

In Newcastle news, I see Henry Winter threw out a tweet today just commenting that there were; "Two American groups still interested in buying #nufc. Both have the requisite funds."
    No article from him, no source, no expanded point of view, just that little nugget. Not sure what he's playin' at, but I can't imagine it'll make any difference, even if true.

• Advertisement

Some morality issues are relevant to NUFC, such as the accusations that potential owners are implicated in genocide.

And some morality issues are just whatabouttery and throwing mud everywhere, such as a poster feigning outrage about Jurgen Klopp and claiming no one loves Irish children more than him. But you gotta admit...it IS funny!

The middle east region is mostly in Asia from my understanding of geography so I'm unsure why you are so upset by a poster using the related term to illustrate that both Asia and the middle east are far from here.

I understand there is no football being played currently but I don't think that excuses the hijacking of the thread dedicated to Newcastle team talk/gossip and rumors to be a forum for the patronising and condescending comments and attitudes expressed towards team supporters and the levels of argument over personal morality issues that are not related to football.

I am much too far removed from the middle east to believe I have an accurate understanding of what is going on in their regional conflicts. I'm not saying Saudi Arabia is completely innocent in what it has done but I have always been of the view that money invested in sport is a good thing regardless of where it comes from. I completely disagreed with the push to remove Heineken from rugby sponsorship for example as I thought that for all the expensive poor tasting drink they produce they could at least use some of the profits to promote healthy sporting activity. I welcome any additional investment in Newcastle United football team, wherever it comes from and hope it allows them to once again be in a position to challenge for the prizes available to football teams. It is unlikely to change the way I think about Saudi Arabia if the investment comes from there in the same way as Heineken sponsoring rugby wouldn't make me think any differently about their product. Newcastle being sponsored by a gambling company has not persuaded me to start gambling and I already support the oil producing countries of the world by regularly buying fuel so I can drive to work so the investment from Saudi Arabia in Newcastle isn't going to change that.

The middle east region is mostly in Asia from my understanding of geography so I'm unsure why you are so upset by a poster using the related term to illustrate that both Asia and the middle east are far from here.

I understand there is no football being played currently but I don't think that excuses the hijacking of the thread dedicated to Newcastle team talk/gossip and rumors to be a forum for the patronising and condescending comments and attitudes expressed towards team supporters and the levels of argument over personal morality issues that are not related to football.

It is referred to as the middle-east since the early 20th century and always as same in news reports, newspaper articles etc. it also contains parts of Africa. nobody refers to it as Asia to identify it. I would be very surprised if the poster in question was as nuanced as that as he said himself that he doesn't care about places that he doesn't visit!

I'm sure things will go back to normal on this thread when football comes back. It's not normal at the moment and so this is the main issue for NUFC and indeed one of the bigger things of the premier league or even wider than that because again, there is no football going on.

The fact that it is the Saudi government is just going to make it a bigger wider issue, that's just the way it is.

It is referred to as the middle-east since the early 20th century and always as same in news reports, newspaper articles etc. it also contains parts of Africa. nobody refers to it as Asia to identify it. I would be very surprised if the poster in question was as nuanced as that as he said himself that he doesn't care about places that he doesn't visit!

I'm sure things will go back to normal on this thread when football comes back. It's not normal at the moment and so this is the main issue for NUFC and indeed one of the bigger things of the premier league or even wider than that because again, there is no football going on.

The fact that it is the Saudi government is just going to make it a bigger wider issue, that's just the way it is.

Your dismissal of other peoples point of view and way of saying things in order to take your own meaning from them is blatantley obvious from the comments you have made already so I'm not surprised you wouldn't give the poster with an opinion other than yours any credit whatsoever. The simple point is that the majority of the middle east is in Asia so it was very clear that the poster was referring to the same place so your outrage at the different terminology to me seems like just another excuse for you to repeat your negative views about Saudi Arabia.

My point still stands that investment in the club wherever it comes from is a good thing so just repeating that it is Saudi Arabia making the investment is not going to really change that. If they want to use their oil money to boost their image in countries where they still have good diplomatic relations and no one is refusing to buy their oil then I don't understand your problem. No one is asking the Newcastle supporters to go out to the middle east and drop bombs on civilians or say it is great to chop up a journalist. If this investment in the club that has been speculated about and has yet to be confirmed goes ahead it is a good thing for sport in general and Newcastle United in particular in my opinion. I would be very surprised if the Premier league turned down the investment and think a lot of supporters of the club would be happy to get investment in Newcastle at the levels being suggested in the media.

Your dismissal of other peoples point of view and way of saying things in order to take your own meaning from them is blatantley obvious from the comments you have made already so I'm not surprised you wouldn't give the poster with an opinion other than yours any credit whatsoever. The simple point is that the majority of the middle east is in Asia so it was very clear that the poster was referring to the same place so your outrage at the different terminology to me seems like just another excuse for you to repeat your negative views about Saudi Arabia.

My point still stands that investment in the club wherever it comes from is a good thing so just repeating that it is Saudi Arabia making the investment is not going to really change that. If they want to use their oil money to boost their image in countries where they still have good diplomatic relations and no one is refusing to buy their oil then I don't understand your problem. No one is asking the Newcastle supporters to go out to the middle east and drop bombs on civilians or say it is great to chop up a journalist. If this investment in the club that has been speculated about and has yet to be confirmed goes ahead it is a good thing for sport in general and Newcastle United in particular in my opinion. I would be very surprised if the Premier league turned down the investment and think a lot of supporters of the club would be happy to get investment in Newcastle at the levels being suggested in the media.

The premier league fit and proper test only really checks for previous problems with

An unspent criminal conviction
    Involvement in another EFL club
    Bankruptcy
    Prohibited by law
    Involvement in two or more insolvencies
    FA betting law breaches
    A conviction in fraud or dishonesty
    If they have been on the register of sex offenders

they don't check how many people your government beheaded last month!

so there won't be any issues on that basis.

your opinion is that you have no problem with the origins of the money and the sportswashing motive and mine and others are different.

I didn't express "outrage" at the poster referring to the middle-east as Asia - I expressed surprise. As I said nobody actually refers to it as Asia to identify the place.

Some morality issues are relevant to NUFC, such as the accusations that potential owners are implicated in genocide.
    And some morality issues are just whatabouttery and throwing mud everywhere, such as a poster feigning outrage about Jurgen Klopp and claiming no one loves Irish children more than him. But you gotta admit...it IS funny!
    What's hilarious is that you come across as if your world view and opinions are the be all and end all and anybody who doesn't use the same tinted glasses as you is wrong.
    Your arrogance and obnoxiousness know no bounds.

What's hilarious is that you come across as if your world view and opinions are the be all and end all and anybody who doesn't use the same tinted glasses as you is wrong.

Christ, do ya ever have anything to contribute that isn't putting someone down? Like, sometimes I even agree with your point of view, but ya don't always have to be so condescending all the time...

Honestly, it feels like you're actually on a different page in the same book as far as the argument goes... some people feel strongly about one negative issue tangentially related to football (ownership by a state that commits genocide/outlaws homosexuality/hosts regular public beheadings/blocks food from reaching refugees to ensure they starve etc etc), while you've made it clear you feel similarly strongly about another negative issue tangentially related to football (the problems of gambling within football, and particularly using role-models to advertise it). So surely you should actually understand someone else having an opinion on a different topic that also subverts the sport we all love to achieve something ultimately bad.

I can totally empathize with your position on gambling, especially as you're someone who follows a club that has a gambling firm on their shirt - that must incredibly frustrating - so i'm not sure why you find it so hard to empathize with others having similar thoughts on another facet of football. Like, you're criticising someone for coming across as if their opinions are the be all and end all, while making declarations about what makes someone a proper football fan...

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Christ, do ya ever have anything to contribute that isn't putting someone down? Like, sometimes I even agree with your point of view, but ya don't always have to be so condescending all the time...
    I wasn't responding to you, This isn't a reflection of my thoughts about you. I have respect for you

You know for most fans...They don't care about world politics....
    If you don't understand this then you are not really a football fan.
    And as I said you'd have to be a football fan of a club to understand which you clearly are not.
    Yeah you have high and mighty fans of other clubs coming into the Newcastle thread talking about world politics....
    Look, don't go all sanctimonious now.
    I do care about my kids...you worry about Asia and I'll worry about protecting our children.

After all of those efforts, the posts about fans and politics and your love for the children and posters being sanctimonious and the children and the politics, you deliver a wonderful punchline...
    you come across as if your world view and opinions are the be all and end all...

:D:D

Now now, don't go and spoil the fun by losing it and telegraphing it. I'm laughing at the nonsense in your posts, the politics and the children and your understanding of football and the nature of being a fan. But there's need to get all cross and personal.

I have respect for you

He respects you so much Rebel, he called you...
    sanctimonious...

:D:D

• Advertisement

Now now, don't go and spoil the fun by losing it and telegraphing it. I'm laughing at the nonsense in your posts, the politics and the children and your understanding of football and the nature of being a fan. But there's need to get all cross and personal.
    Well I'll let other people look at the posts and decide who is the obnoxious one.
    He respects you so much Rebel, he called you...

Trying to wind up another poster now. Are you starting to feel lonely in this thread?

Can we have a poll?

Well I'll let other people look at the posts and decide who is the obnoxious one.

Trying to wind up another poster now. Are you starting to feel lonely in this thread?

Again, you're getting angrier and more and more personal. You won't draw me into to some exchange of abuse, it's silly.

You called Rebel "sanctimonious". I directly quoted you. I don't think I can be accused of winding up where it was you who insulted him!

The lonely stuff is just silly too. Relax, calm down. We'll draw a line under it and move on.

Again, you're getting angrier and more and more personal. You won't draw me into to some exchange of abuse, it's silly.
    I'm totally relaxed and laughing at your delusional idea that people like you.
    Again no need to quote the other scutter you posted.

Can we have a poll?

What are the options?

Think it has to be a new thread, but not sure...

What are the options?

Think it has to be a new thread, but not sure...

Sounds like a great idea. Maybe in the politics forum?

macraignil wrote:
    Sounds like a great idea. Maybe in the politics forum?
    Do you mind me asking you why it's a great idea? What are you getting out of something like that?

Do you mind me asking you why it's a great idea? What are you getting out of something like that?

I think there might be a chance that another thread about how bad the Saudi Arabians are might leave this one for team talk, gossip and rumors about Newcastle United. I think the potential takeover of the club has been fairly well covered at this stage and don't have much interest in this tedious argument about who has the superior moral outlook or who has been more insulting when expressing their opinion.

macraignil wrote:
    I think there might be a chance that another thread about how bad the Saudi Arabians are might leave this one for team talk, gossip and rumors about Newcastle United. I think the potential takeover of the club has been fairly well covered at this stage and don't have much interest in this tedious argument about who has the superior moral outlook or who has been more insulting when expressing their opinion.
    Why does it matter what other people vote for in a poll? We all know that polls can be rigged. Whoever contacts the most people wins and that'll be the other guy because I won't contact anybody.
    I won't be bothering going near any thread like that. Why not just start a thread on the topic and have a discussion about it if it interests you that much?

• Advertisement

Why does it matter what other people vote for in a poll? We all know that polls can be rigged. Whoever contacts the most people wins and that'll be the other guy because I won't contact anybody.
    I won't be bothering going near any thread like that. Why not just start a thread on the topic and have a discussion about it if it interests you that much?

Sorry. You seem to have got my point all wrong. I was not suggesting I have an interest in a poll on the Saudi Arabian investment plans. I said that I think there has already been plenty of discussion on how they might take over Newcastle United here and it is the last few pages of bickering about who has a superior moral position that I would hope to get moved to another thread as I don't see it having any real connection with Newcastle United any more. I've already got the gist of the argument: Saudi Arabia bad, anybody who does not agree with this also bad. It's just got a bit boring in my opinion and would be more fitting in the politics forum where I would never have to look at it.

your opinion is that you have no problem with the origins of the money and the sportswashing motive and mine and others are different.

I didn't express "outrage" at the poster referring to the middle-east as Asia - I expressed surprise. As I said nobody actually refers to it as Asia to identify the place.

So I alone have my opinion and it is you have the opinion that is shared by others. It's reassuring you have such a good grasp of the opinions of all the Newcastle supporters so you can tell I'm the one on my own with thinking additional investment in the club is a good idea.

The Arabian peninsula is part of Asia and this is where the country you have been talking about is. Bringing up that part of the middle east is in Africa is just deflecting attention from the fact the poster you were not able to comprehend was completely clear in what they were saying. You are just as dismissive of people with opinions that differ from your own as you are with people who use different and still completely correct terminology.

Your terminology "sportswashing" is not even a real word and as far as I can make out is a label you have made up to belittle investment in worthwhile causes by people you don't like. Would you prefer the Saudi Arabians were only allowed use their oil money to buy more weapons? Is them putting some of their money towards sport that bad a thing? If they have made some investment in improving their image would it not make them think a bit more about actions that could make that image worse in the future? As you mentioned already this is a much wider issue for you so maybe it would be better to discuss it somewhere that is not specific to Newcastle United.

Your terminology "sportswashing" is not even a real word and as far as I can make out is a label you have made up to belittle investment in worthwhile causes by people you don't like.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sportswashing

macraignil wrote:
    Your terminology "sportswashing" is not even a real word.
    I went and checked my new copy of the Oxford dictionary and it's not in it. I'd never heard the term before.

I went and checked my new copy of the Oxford dictionary and it's not in it. I'd never heard the term before.

Sportswashing appears in the Oxford Dictionary.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/sportswashing-is-the-grim-game-of-our-times-1.3679671

That article is from 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Ryu Hayabusa

Long time supporter of Newcastle, 20 years.

Couldn’t give a hoot about the Saudi regime, beheadings, hand chopping, stoning etc.

Just happy that a takeover is imminent and the Saudis have the cash for us to hopefully challenge for European football, improve the infrastructure.

• Advertisement

Your terminology "sportswashing" is not even a real word and as far as I can make out is a label you have made up to belittle investment in worthwhile causes by people you don't like. Would you prefer the Saudi Arabians were only allowed use their oil money to buy more weapons? Is them putting some of their money towards sport that bad a thing? If they have made some investment in improving their image would it not make them think a bit more about actions that could make that image worse in the future? As you mentioned already this is a much wider issue for you so maybe it would be better to discuss it somewhere that is not specific to Newcastle United.

obviously dealing with an absolute authority on the subject here men.

doesn't even know how to google a word.

it's precisely because they have spent plenty of money on weapons and then used them against defenceless people to cause starvation that they are doing this "sportswashing".

here is another grim shot of their handywork in Yemen.

rN5IfXd.png

obviously dealing with an absolute authority on the subject here men.

doesn't even know how to google a word.

From the article linked above it has only been a word since used first in 2015. I have looked up words on the internet before but with terminology posted by you why would I? Why would I use google to search for a word used by someone being as condescending as yourself? You seem to have got the misconception somewhere that I could be interested in the tedious self righteous drivel you have been posting.

From the article linked above it has only been a word since used first in 2015. I have looked up words on the internet before but with terminology posted by you why would I? Why would I use google to search for a word used by someone being as condescending as yourself? You seem to have got the misconception somewhere that I could be interested in the tedious self righteous drivel you have been posting.

just give up on that one - you are just embarrassing yourself at this stage.

you've had 5 years to learn the word and haven't managed to do so.

I'd never be embarrassed by calling out an offensive condescending now it all like yourself. Posting pictures of a starving child on a football supporters thread just proves what a low life you are, so I am going to give up but not out of embarrassment but because you have already proved my point that you are not interested in discussing football but just want to reinforce your sense of self righteousness and superiority over anyone who does not share your outrage at shares in a club being sold on the open market. Newcastle supporters are not causing children to be starving but this might be a concept beyond your levels of comprehension.

• Advertisement

Ah now, don't try to go to sleep all wound up like that.

Here is an article on the subject by a football writer.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-united-saudi-arabia-takeover-latest-staveley-ashley-a9468236.html

glasso wrote:
    It's not in the 2020 Oxford dictionary.

Lads, jesus christ, this thread... it's a commonly used word, we all know exactly what it means, just leave it at that and move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Long time supporter of Newcastle, 20 years.

Couldn’t give a hoot about the Saudi regime, beheadings, hand chopping, stoning etc.

Just happy that a takeover is imminent and the Saudis have the cash for us to hopefully challenge for European football, improve the infrastructure.

As a Manchester United fan, when I heard about this group potentially taking over my club I was sickened by the thought of it. Yes extra money is a wonderful thing in modern football, but we have been spending money on a scale similar to man City(on players and managers) for the last seven years and it hasn't gotten us anywhere, so money alone is no guarantee of success, and with other cash rich clubs already present in the Premier league, this takeover isn't necessarily going to result in league titles and exciting runs in the champions league even if a model similar to what City have adopted is introduced on and off the pitch.

In the end, yes there will be more money, but the potential for that money to be a guarantee of success is lower than it would be were Newcastle the first club in the league to fall arse first into a pile of cash. So you're left with Saudi Arabia and their horrendous human rights record being permanently associated with your club, and yes that is a big deal.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    As a Manchester United fan, when I heard about this group potentially taking over my club I was sickened by the thought of it. Yes extra money is a wonderful thing in modern football, but we have been spending money on a scale similar to man City(on players and managers) for the last seven years and it hasn't gotten us anywhere, so money alone is no guarantee of success, and with other cash rich clubs already present in the Premier league, this takeover isn't necessarily going to result in league titles and exciting runs in the champions league even if a model similar to what City have adopted is introduced on and off the pitch.

In the end, yes there will be more money, but the potential for that money to be a guarantee of success is lower than it would be were Newcastle the first club in the league to fall arse first into a pile of cash. So you're left with Saudi Arabia and their horrendous human rights record being permanently associated with your club, and yes that is a big deal.

I completely agree the example of Manchester united in recent years demonstrates that money does not automatically lead to success, but the clubs that have been winning things in that time have also been ones that have been able to invest in their team and pay top level wages. If the takeover and investment goes ahead it will be good just to see Newcastle able to compete again. It's been far too long for such a well supported club to have been out of contention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Can I just say all these issues are not black and white...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I completely agree the example of Manchester united in recent years demonstrates that money does not automatically lead to success, but the clubs that have been winning things in that time have also been ones that have been able to invest in their team and pay top level wages. If the takeover and investment goes ahead it will be good just to see Newcastle able to compete again. It's been far too long for such a well supported club to have been out of contention.

It might be good for fans to see it but it's all tied to the issues associated with Saudi Arabia and their horrendous human rights record.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Welcome to the Toon Koulibaly !!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

15 pages of this back and fourth stuff from 90% of people who aren't even supporters of Newcastle.

any chance a new thread can be created to talk about it so us actual fans can discuss if we can make £20 back on the 40m transfer we paid for Joelinton.

because lets be honest unless we see a video of Ashley driving down the A1 with £50's falling out the car none of us actually believe it... we have been through it too many times.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

fitzparker wrote: »
    15 pages of this back and fourth stuff from 90% of people who aren't even supporters of Newcastle.

any chance a new thread can be created to talk about it so us actual fans can discuss if we can make £20 back on the 40m transfer we paid for Joelinton.

because lets be honest unless we see a video of Ashley driving down the A1 with £50's falling out the car none of us actually believe it... we have been through it too many times.

I think we’re going to have to just try to deal with a certain amount of stuff like this from now on. God help us if the takeover gets through, it’ll be a proper nightmare!

• Advertisement
Advertisement