Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

macraignil wrote: »
    I'm not sure Hayden would have turned the tide in that game but did not get to watch. Southampton have won three of their last four games before tonight with just a draw against Chelsea who have invested huge money in bringing in quality players. I'd like to see a Newcastle win but getting outplayed by the league leaders can't be that much of a surprise.

Its Southampton a team we should at least be competing with, league leaders should mean nothing, sure we beat the "league leaders" last week?????

Anyway it was a terrible gutless performance, really lethargic, the back 3 didn't press which meant the ones closing down was in vein because those behind them weren't doing anything

Southampton link up play was brilliant to watch. The off the ball movement was excellent but we made it so easy.

The 2 goals conceded were terrible both players had opportunities to clear but hadn't a clue where there feet were.

If we stick to 3 at the back id like to see Clarke come in as a left footed left CB.

Bruce has to go. This is our most attacking side in years yet we can barely get a shot off and 1st in shots conceded.

I see he is blaming rafa again.. its been 18 months get a grip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Bruce is a complete and utter cabbage. No way should he ever be managing a team at a professional level. He brings absolutely nothing to a team. Unless you're on the opposite team.

It's not even how bad we are when we lose, its how bad our wins/draws have been, bar the West ham game were we looked ok ( but as I sald before It was down to how bad West Ham were rather than us good)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

fitzparker wrote: »
    Its Southampton a team we should at least be competing with, league leaders should mean nothing, sure we beat the "league leaders" last week?????

Anyway it was a terrible gutless performance, really lethargic, the back 3 didn't press which meant the ones closing down was in vein because those behind them weren't doing anything

Southampton link up play was brilliant to watch. The off the ball movement was excellent but we made it so easy.

The 2 goals conceded were terrible both players had opportunities to clear but hadn't a clue where there feet were.

If we stick to 3 at the back id like to see Clarke come in as a left footed left CB.

Bruce has to go. This is our most attacking side in years yet we can barely get a shot off and 1st in shots conceded.

I see he is blaming rafa again.. its been 18 months get a grip

Absolutely correct player for player there is not much difference between Southampton and us it's all down to how they are coached under Hassenhuttel and how we are "coached" under the pre historic Bruce.

Mackems lost 2-1 at home to MK Dons something to laugh about.🀣

Good to see Clarke back today. But for Schar? Probably because schar criticised the team performance against Southampton... when Lascelles did it he got the armband haha.

Almiron dropped, according to his agent he wants out.

If we get 20 - 25m for him (Everton would prob come in) id take it. Frazer can do the same thing with an end product.

But knowing us there is a 12m release clause on him

Absolutely pathetic again Bruce out simple as that that's not football. Surely Ashley can see the Saudis wont buy a championship team?? Cos that's where we are going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Absolutely pathetic again Bruce out simple as that that's not football. Surely Ashley can see the Saudis wont buy a championship team?? Cos that's where we are going

I thought it was the same group buying Derby?

A very badly needed win on Friday the game was absolute poison but the result was fantastic I wish we could play Palace every week they are terrible.

Keeping Wilson fit is an absolute must 7 goals from 8 shots on target he is lethal and it was Joelintons best game in a Newcastle shirt he worked his bollocks off and ended with an assist and a goal also Fernandez outstanding again with a game saving block just before we scored we looked better with the 4-4-2 and hopefully will play that way against the weaker teams in future.

It was great to see Matt Ritchie come on as well I thought he made a real difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Whole first team in isolation. Unlikely to train before Friday's game. Must be a very real possibility the game is postponed. What is the threshold number of cases in England for a game to be pulled?

• Advertisement

5 supposedly have it, no names yet, are we able to pull from players outside of the 25 man squad in such cases, bring in Saivet for example?

out of the 25 man squad :Gayle,Lascelles, ASM,Dummett,Dubravka are injured. if its 5 outside of them we are left with 15 players.

I made the point before, this season all teams are going to be impacted through injury and covid, why teams would shift players out on loan. Lejune in spain is getting into the team of the week, even Muto would be handy to have if a chunk of the squad has to isolate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

5 supposedly have it, no names yet, are we able to pull from players outside of the 25 man squad in such cases, bring in Saivet for example?

out of the 25 man squad :Gayle,Lascelles, ASM,Dummett,Dubravka are injured. if its 5 outside of them we are left with 15 players.

I made the point before, this season all teams are going to be impacted through injury and covid, why teams would shift players out on loan. Lejune in spain is getting into the team of the week, even Muto would be handy to have if a chunk of the squad has to isolate.

they have the option of calling on any amount of the youth side don't they? Or are youth players in a seperate bubble and no allowed to inter-mingle between squad - i know that was the case post-lockdown last season

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Whole first team in isolation. Unlikely to train before Friday's game. Must be a very real possibility the game is postponed. What is the threshold number of cases in England for a game to be pulled?

Thinking of going against the toon this week for last man standing if a few players are missing and with no training on. Although a week away from bruce might be better for our players!! our away form is actually good though so not sure

Hopefully we can't the postponement would hate to play the hateful Aston Vile with half a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Jamal Lewis needs to come off the pitch
    Hes been terrible

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

They were really dragging their feet at times, should have been a lot easier. Some nicely timed (& tactically positive) subs by Bruce made a difference in the end.

Last night was terrible.

I was looking forward to a really good chance to get to a semi final for the first time in god knows how long, but the team were so lethargic. No effort, no pace, we are probably one of the fastest teams in the league but play the slowest. It was easy for Brentford all night.

Sean longstaff is brutal, Lewis is a really bad defender he also constantly waits for the ball when its passed to him and it gets knicked about 5 times a game.

Our decision making is terrible. Wilson was as usual isolated but worked his arse of along with Clarke, yedlin wasn't too bad. The rest were carried.

Something has to give. If the team can't get up for a QF it has to change. He needs to go now

Past 3 games were against promoted sides
    Leeds - embarrassed
    WBA were unlucky to lose
    Fulham - was never a peno that got us a point

Next 3 fixtures are City, Liverpool and Leicester

We will have a terrible goal difference and have the teams below us overtake

Much better last night. Even if we lost it was still a very good performance.

Wilson leads the line brilliantly

Joelinton has been much better recently, I also like the fact he got hit a few times last night and just gets on with it.

Yedlin is having the best few games in a long time

Clarke is great to have back

I dont rate Lewis so rather Richie at LWB

I dont usually praise matty but he ran non stop

As for Darlow, our keepers give us 10 points a season. Great performance be tough for dubravka to get back in

If the team played like this every week we can get behind them. It wasn't an amazing performance just one you expect us to play at every week.

Unfortunately there are 2 newcastle teams, it will be interesting to see which one turns up next week

We'd have beaten brentford off the park playing like that ffs but that was heartening and actually enjoyable to watch at times. Darlow undroppable now outstanding all game yedlin Schar Fernandez Clark brilliant and midfield so much better with matty in it.

• Advertisement

An alright performance against Leicester albeit deservedly beaten very happy for Andy Carroll getting that goal at last hopefully he can chip in with a few more.

This is the worst ever worse that souness worse than McLaren worse than pardew worse than Carver worse than Kinnear. Bruce out now or we're finished.

I said it to myself about 6 games back.... we will be the ones Sheffield United break there duct against, we are always "that team"

Overall we are actually defensively strong, most seem fit and defence is now covered by at least 2 positions.

Yet Bruce picks a team to make us even more defensive, im not sure that is even possible!!

wouldn't be surprised if he goes one step further on the weekend

Lascelles back centre half, Schar in midfield, dummett and ritchie one side, Yedlin and Kraft the other.

nothing surprises me with this dinosaur.

This cannot be allowed to continue it's like a training game for them. We are right now the worst team in the league with the worst manager he must be sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Ciaran Clarke is such a liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Esse85 wrote: »
    Ciaran Clarke is such a liability.

So you didn't watch the match then? :)
    Krafth, lascelles and Lewis were absolutely brutal, Clarke has been our best defender this year, not saying he's world class, but he's the first defender on the team sheet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

2 points from a possible 21, one goal in the last 11.5 hours of footie.
    I said it from the minute we signed that cabbage that Bruce was a complete and utter joke and didn't deserve to get a Sunday pub team contract let alone a premiership club.
    I wouldn’t even offer him to Sunderland he’s so bad.
    No one deserves to have a manager like Bruce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Snotty wrote: »
    So you didn't watch the match then? :)
    Krafth, lascelles and Lewis were absolutely brutal, Clarke has been our best defender this year, not saying he's world class, but he's the first defender on the team sheet

I'm a villa fan, he's still as error prone today as he was during his day's at villa.

That was desperate. Again it shows how bad west ham were that day compared to us being good.

Our only 2 shots on target in 3 games were the 2 goals.

Dinosaur manager with Dinosaur tactics.

I feel this could be a mirror image of the McClaren season, a manager that was given money but we eventually went down.

The next 8 games are crucial, if it doesn't change he has to go anything after that will be too late I feel

In other news our best defender Lejeune who went on loan because he wasn't match fit played 90 mins and kept a clean sheet in his first game

in 4 months its still the same

still cant score
    West Ham game was defo a fluke
    We need Lejune Back.

At the time there were "worse" teams below us, but currently we are the worst team in the league

Burnley and Fulham can easliy go ahead of us.

if he isnt gone in next 5 games we are done for

Esse85 wrote: »
    I'm a villa fan, he's still as error prone today as he was during his day's at villa.

I'd say a few would argue against me, but i think the Clarke of the end of the last 2 years is head and shoulders above the clarke at Villa, I remember a couple of ireland matches too where he was an embarrassment, days gone by now thankfully.
    Error prone? maybe, but any defender playing 90 minutes regularly against 80% possession is going to make mistakes, not sure clarke makes more than the average bottom half table premiership defender and good few top half ones too.

Some encouragement from the second half of the Leeds game, but it looks like Bruce isn't going anywhere, FCB won't act until its too late and it probably is too late. Have to pray the players can fight their way out of this cause if we get relegated, we'll be down for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Our best hope is West Brom, Sheffield Utd and Fulham remain crap. If we need any more than 10 points to stay up, I dont see it happening.

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Our best hope is West Brom, Sheffield Utd and Fulham remain crap. If we need any more than 10 points to stay up, I dont see it happening.

Jesus, has any team ever stayed up with 29 points, i doubt it. The year we were relegated i think we had 37.
    Fulham 2 games in hand and playing better, cant rely on there being 3 worse teams than us, as there aren't based on resent form.

I can't take positives even if there are. Super against Liverpool, dirt since. the cliche "bring it into the next game" just doesn't work for us.

Our CM is terrible, Shelvey and Hendrick getting passed by constantly. ASM back gives a boost but he still cant last 90 mins with fatigue from Covid.

We have played one game more than most.

Today a new coach is after coming in, is that not a sign that we are really struggling, why not change the man in charge!

If we go down, we wont be back up for years.

our first relegation we had a squad that gelled together who put the club first: Nolan, Barton Carroll

Our second we had a manager who could get the best out of players

Problem is if we do stay up, bruce keeps his job, its the FCB mantra to stay in the league

Problem is if we do stay up, bruce keeps his job

If offered I'd take that in a heart beat, just hope for the club to be bought then.

The rumour knocking around is that this Graeme Jones is actually going to be the manager his interview certainly seemed that way.

Snotty wrote: »
    If offered I'd take that in a heart beat, just hope for the club to be bought then.

That old chestnut. at this stage id let mattress mick buy it

Scoundrel wrote: »
    The rumour knocking around is that this Graeme Jones is actually going to be the manager his interview certainly seemed that way.

Find it hard to believe that Bruce shows him the ropes and steps aside admirably for the love of the club

Its not Ferguson its Steve "hows the bacon did you say" Bruce

Although I did find it strange the announcement he got for someone just joining the first team staff

Find it hard to believe that Bruce shows him the ropes and steps aside admirably for the love of the club

Bruce is also a bit spineless, he could be given the choice, sack and get contract terms or stay and help the transition and if we stay up you'll get a bonus, wouldn't surprise me in the least. Think he's proven he has no love for the club or wants what's best for it.

We're playing rather well here in Graeme Jones first game in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

Great performance. Most positive play I've seen in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Best we have been probably all season

Callum Wilson was a brilliant signing , Schar has been immense too, lucky to have him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Agreed
    The effort they put in yesterday was huge

Especially Wilson , tried his heart out and deservedly got his goals .

Just hope we build on this now

big difference yesterday, refreshing to see a pressing team rather than sitting back and counter attacking.

Shelvey and hendrick playing further up worked also, but we are slow in CM, talks of us interested in Ntcham off Celtic, I think will be a good singing if we can get it.

Wilson yesterday was unreal, TBH it is the work rate he always buts in he just added a few goals with it! anytime I watch him he always puts in 100% for the team.

I don't see schar signing another contract, which is tough because when he is interested he can be brilliant, the pressing game suits him because he can push further up the pitch and times when he attacks hayden just sits in.

Delighted with 3 points, 2 big games coming up where 4 points minimum is needed to put a decent gap on bottom 3 . but I wont get too excited as we don't know what performance will turn up

Actually looking forward to games now, cant remember when last i felt that

Me too, but in typical Newcastle fashion we will be back to old ways until we go 1 or 2 down.

Hopefully the team can bond together in that performance and realise its more enjoyable for everyone!

In transfer news Yedlin gone to Turkey (hopefully manquillo stays fit), Ritchie bid rejected from Bournemouth.

Newcastle trying to get Willock on Loan from Arsenal

Don't really know too much about Willock but some pace in CM is needed, at worst push the lazy git shelvey for his spot.

I'm actually looking forward to a game now which usually spells disaster lol. We need to be straight on the front foot against these tonight they are an absolutely abysmal outfit easily the worst team we've played this season IMO. We need to press early from the front don't let them ease themselves into the game if we do that I think we'll win.

An absolutely disgusting goal to give away that pathetic

Get saint maximin on now ffs

• Advertisement

Another absolutely disgraceful result for steve bruce to add to his collection they are an awful awful outfit make no mistake their centre half partnership are nearly a combined 80 years old ffs and we never bothered them awful awful.

Advertisement