Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

We've said all along we wanted to see a team with a game plan and commitment, got that this last 2 matches, tonight we've just been ****housed by them but we've did it enough in the past to other teams.
    I'll take the positives, another game where we didn't revert to old ways, if we can put in the same performance on Saturday, we will stay up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Snotty wrote: »
    We've said all along we wanted to see a team with a game plan and commitment, got that this last 2 matches, tonight we've just been ****housed by them but we've did it enough in the past to other teams.
    I'll take the positives, another game where we didn't revert to old ways, if we can put in the same performance on Saturday, we will stay up.

I agree with you to an extent but losing at home to them hurts they are a terrible outfit and that 2and goal was sunday league stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

That was tough to watch! Happy with the win

Yep fight heart attacking intent more of that please Almiron is becoming a legend for me winning that free at the end unreal. Paul Dummett heroic. That is after taking years off my life but we ****ing deserved that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Good result but what on earth was Hendricks thinking. Important to win today especially with United and a resurgent Chelsea next.

9 points now between us and the relegation zone, hopefully a few more wins & draws, we should be safe then. You never know with our form though.

Then once relegation is avoided, hopefully someone will finally come in and buy Ashley out.

We have scraped and won alot of matches this season undeservedly playing a woeful style of football, we try that again next year and we are definitely getting relegated.

• Advertisement

Delight to correct you, we are 10 point clear (11 till Fulham drew)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Much needed win. more of a "we took our chances" type win rather than a good performance (when we had 11 men)
    In typical Newcastle fashion, the first 5 mins of second half Shelvey missed a sitter to win the game and Jeff gets sent off.

Willock is the pace and energy we need in there, ASM needs to be wrapped in cotton wool.

some nice breathing space now with 3 tough games coming up

but the win came with a cost.

Schar out for a few months, so probably played his last game for us (dont see him signing a new contract)
    Manquillo injury confirmed as "really bad"
    no news on Wilson injury yet

our back 4 next game could be
    Kraft - Hayden - Dummett - Lewis

(Hopefully clarke is fit and hayden can push into midfield)

Wilson out for 6-8 weeks

Let's hope we have done enough because there won't be too much wins between now and the end of the season

15 games probably 12 points needed.

fitzparker wrote: »
    Wilson out for 6-8 weeks

Let's hope we have done enough because there won't be too much wins between now and the end of the season

15 games probably 12 points needed.

An absolute disaster that is Gayle needs to step up big time

Scoundrel wrote: »
    An absolute disaster that is Gayle needs to step up big time

I think Gayle really stepped up after lockdown last season and he scored in the December west brom match a cracking goal and hasn't been started since, which was the start of our 10 game run when we couldn't score, comical stuff. This club will only kill players like Gayle confidence, he should have stared ahead of Carroll when Wilson was rested.

• Advertisement

As much as I would love Gayle to start as he is our next best striker its going to be Joelinton or Carroll.

We do not play short goal kicks (biggest pet hate) so we need someone to aim for up there.

We do not play short goal kicks (biggest pet hate) so we need someone to aim for up there.

Biggest difference between Dubravka and Darlow, goal kick dispersion lately is terrible. As much as i like Darlow, we should cash in on him during the summer.

This is pathetic could easily be 6 or 7

ASM has been an absolute disgrace as well

Second half a bit better Willock our best player and if the header had gone in you'd never know. Fraser looked lively as well Lewis Krafth not good enough at this level. Commentary letting Bruce off the hook constantly saying we were depleted? We are missing 2 players like

Another pathetic display to add to Bruce's collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Huge game tonight

Fulham playing well and could easily beat palace tomorrow

I reckon if we drop into relegation zone now we are done .

Much better performance should have won the game their players clearly handles the ball on the line from Joelinton no peno???? Hopefully injuries to ASM and Almiron arent serious. Fraser excellent when he came on. If we play like that we'll beat West Brom next week.

The news that comes out on Miggy and ASM will decide if we say up or go down. So far word on Miggy isn't good😭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

• Advertisement

St Maximin and Almiron both out till April an absolute disaster

My God, where do we go from here, our next 6 games will define our season (bar spurs they are teams of similar standard), after that we have City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Leicester then finish off with Sheffield Utd and Fulham

Ideally we can have enough points before the last 2 games but our team has been rocked.

Our goal threat and best CB are injured and switching Dubravka at at crucial time was a strange one for me, he seemed rusty and some of his distribution caused us more trouble

We were all over the place when Ritchie and Murphy came on the other day as Bruce swapped about 4 positions.

My God, where do we go from here, our next 6 games will define our season (bar spurs they are teams of similar standard), after that we have City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Leicester then finish off with Sheffield Utd and Fulham

Ideally we can have enough points before the last 2 games but our team has been rocked.

Our goal threat and best CB are injured and switching Dubravka at at crucial time was a strange one for me, he seemed rusty and some of his distribution caused us more trouble

We were all over the place when Ritchie and Murphy came on the other day as Bruce swapped about 4 positions.

We're in big big trouble our 3 best players all missing our crucial games we may start planning for the championship:(.

The only ray of light that I can see is that West Brom are so bad we might nick a win on Sunday

Fulham next 4 fixtures are Spurs, Liverpool, City, Leeds

Hopefully it knocks the wind out of them, but again we still need to pick up points to create that gap.

I think he has to stick with Gayle he needs a run of 6-8 games, even put Carroll or Joelinton beside him ( for our tactically poised long kick outs)

but he has to start he is our only natural finisher, Frazer will get the run he needs now aswell so hopefully he makes a difference. its up to everyone to step up.

Fulham next 4 fixtures are Spurs, Liverpool, City, Leeds

Hopefully it knocks the wind out of them, but again we still need to pick up points to create that gap.

I think he has to stick with Gayle he needs a run of 6-8 games, even put Carroll or Joelinton beside him ( for our tactically poised long kick outs)

but he has to start he is our only natural finisher, Frazer will get the run he needs now aswell so hopefully he makes a difference. its up to everyone to step up.

Go four four two with Carroll and Gayle Ritchie on one side Fraser on the other and just go after them from the start

More embarrassment coming out of the club now our beloved cabbage squaring upto Ritchie and shoulder barging him. I used to just dislike Bruce as our manager now I hate him as human being he is destroying our club just sack him now and give Jones till the end of the season the players seem to like him.

We cannot wait until after we lose to West Brom BRUCE HAS TO GO NOW.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

2 blunt knives having a stabbing contest. Need the ‘Pool to do us a favour against Fulham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

No chance we're finishing above Fulham. Propping up the table pretty soon I feel.

I actually physically despise Steve Bruce he doesn't give a **** about the club he's poisonous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Duff wrote: »
    No chance we're finishing above Fulham. Propping up the table pretty soon I feel.

I've not read the article, but the BBC headline is Bruce hails "important" point,

I think it is more of a turning point, yes West Brom might not catch Newcastle now but the performance today was nothing to be positive about.

Fulham are on a roll.

Newcastle have a bit of a horrendous run coming up including Brighton and Burnley in the next four games. This all looks like it is leading down to that final game of the season.

Watching today made me realise how much we need Miggy and how much he brings to the team.

Manquillo back Friday would be great and positive words around Wilson return today but realistically we need him, Miggy and ASM back to stand any chance. If it comes down to last game of the season, we are going down, our only hope is Brighton continue the downward trend, but some of their performances this year have been 10x better than us.

Joelinton is officially the worst player I've ever seen at the club and theres been some bad ones.

Sack the cabbage now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

That's the second time Villa has relegated us!

Wow I didn't see that coming well done lascelles and Murphy to be fair was excellent when he came on needs to start v Brighton.

• Advertisement

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Joelinton is officially the worst player I've ever seen at the club and theres been some bad ones.

Can't keep playing him even with the injuries, but Bruce sees a bit of holdup play, bit physical and thinks he's contributing, but he's actually not, he just taking a starting place of someone who might actually score or setup a goal

Murphy and Carroll for Joe and Gayle against Brighton

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

I'm in shock after watching that

I shouldn't be cause I know without wilson and maximum we are brutal

But that has to be one of worst performances in recent times given who we were playing against

It was a disgrace, 6 goals conceded against Brighton in the 2 games (could have been 10) and not one shot.

Goes to show our intent, when hayden went down why not bring carroll or gayle on?

News today saying he is staying.

If we go down Sunderland will be back in the PL before us. Mark my words, there will be no coming back from this.

Draws now mean nothing to us, goal difference won't save us. 2 week break should have Wilson and ASM back

We need to go 2 up top and go for it. If we lose 5 nil every game so be it, but we need 3 wins from 9 games by hook or by crook

Worst game I've seen from us since prime Pardiola days. We're 100% going down now. If Bruce was on fire and I had a glass of water.. Utterly, utterly clueless.

Didn't get to see much of yesterdays match but a much better performance than Brighton, however am really worried about burney game, Bruce reverts to 5 at the back and it worked against a spurs who were willing to sit back and let us a play, so going on Bruce's MO he'll play same against Burnley where it will not work.

• Advertisement

Snotty wrote: »
    Didn't get to see much of yesterdays match but a much better performance than Brighton, however am really worried about burney game, Bruce reverts to 5 at the back and it worked against a spurs who were willing to sit back and let us a play, so going on Bruce's MO he'll play same against Burnley where it will not work.

I think the 5 was used because we didn't have 2 out and out CB available.

so Kraft and Dummett were put in.

Ritchie was excellent and deserves a start, Joelinton is really frustrating, cannot control a ball at his feet, his finish was good but a "40m" should not miss from 8 yards anyway

Hopefully ASM and Fraser are back for Burnley.

The spurs game was decent (not great) but a huge turn around to Brighton.

I think the reason being is playing not to lose wont work anymore, its not enough to keep us up. we need wins and wins only.

2 wins from 5 is better than 5 draws. its go for broke time!

Really hope you are right, Bruce stumbles upon something that works, I don't think he ever understands why it works but he sticks with it till it doesn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭macraignil

Why has Bruce got the centre half Fernandez taking a throw in and not being in position for the counter attack when they loose the ball. Is there any other team that does this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Making Burnley look like world beaters here. Completely clueless, hopefully Wilson & Saint Maximum will make a difference when they come in. Burnley are quite good defensively though.

Ben-Arfa-esque from ASM! Worth his weight in gold.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

I think I’m in love with a Frenchman! 😍

Huge win, goes to show what a difference some players make.

our next 5 games could potentially be 0 points (west Ham, Liverpool, Leicester Arsenal, City)

but at least we have a 6 point buffer, it will still come down to the last 2 games, but having the lads fully fit for it is a priority.

HTL

Huge win, goes to show what a difference some players make.

our next 5 games could potentially be 0 points (west Ham, Liverpool, Leicester Arsenal, City)

but at least we have a 6 point buffer, it will still come down to the last 2 games, but having the lads fully fit for it is a priority.

HTL

Yeah I fancy us to probably fluke a draw against one of those teams but no more we're safe if we beat Sheff Utd and Fulham. I was impressed with Murphy and Longstaff yesterday both had poor starts and grew into the game the club matters to them two. Fernandez was his usual solid self as well great to see him back and ASM is on a different planet to the rest of our players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Fulham still have to go to Arsenal Chelsea and United so neither have ideal run ins

Also Dubravka is brilliant under crosses when we are under pressure always takes responsibility thats what makes him better than darlow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement