Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

1133134135136137139»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭fitzparker

I wasn't his biggest fan but he has been brilliant since arriving, It's easy to target Gordon because of the type of player he is but I do get where he is coming from

The most embarrassing thing in football is substituting a substitute, it would wind any player up.

and im sure Eddie understands aswell so hopefully it blew over and all is fine now.

We are already light on numbers and Frazer demoted to the 21's because of his petulance doesn't help.

Regarding the result, first half Brentford were deservedly in the lead, they did there homework and nullified us.

Excellent by Eddie to spot the this and move to a 4-4-2 where we then got on top and got the win

Regarding the Peno, no complaints on the first, although anytime I have seen it back I still think Botman is going to get there haha and doesn't!

Schade ran us riot the first half.

The second peno I think is a terrible call, yes he had his foot up but he got the header away and it went 40 foot wide, to me its similar to a lad getting a shot off and tackled after.... they are never given as a Peno

Lads, i've 2 tickets for the spurs game 23rd April (Sunday week), won't be able to make it.

They are junior Level 7 tickets, the only one's I could get my hands on but have always worked for me in the past ( most recently the United game)

PM me if anyone is interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

what a game that would have been to be at if anyone took you up on the offer

Tumbleweed in here, will newcastle make it within top four or is it a bridge to far with overexceeding expectations for the year

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

If they lose all their remaining games & finish in 6th they’ll still have exceeded my expectations for the season. I think they have it in them to keep 3rd but a lot rests on tomorrows game with Brighton. 🏁 Toon Army!! 🏁

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Anoeta

What a massive game tonight. Really don't know why Howe is persisting with Isak out wide though. He's so much more effective through the middle. Fingers cross for tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭IAmTitleist

Champions League next season then. An absolutely incredible achievement from Eddie and the squad.

As Carragher said last night if you look at the team/squad it isn't a top 4 material whatsoever so hats off to the manager.

Hopefully with the increased revenue from the Champions League it will help boost our new shirt sponsor deal and we can really open up the warchest this summer because there is no doubt the squad needs at least 5/6 additions to compete on two fronts next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Rather a lot has happened since i last posted here :)

Brilliant achievement, they dug in and got there in the end

as much as the squad needs improvement... champions league means the youth also go into it,,,

This could put a big emphasis on getting a good few in, the U23 finished 8th in Division 2 to now going up against Europe best!

• Advertisement

great start against villa, that bench definitely more potent. man city on saturday at 8pm coming off a midweek game, along with KDB out injured, who knows what can happen with a confident newcastle team..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭macraignil

Some tough games finished with no points. Not sure if there is some fundamental reason the team is not getting results or is it just the opposition has been at a level that not much could be done to get the win against Manchester City, Liverpool or Brighton. Is the team missing Longstaff's work rate and commitment? Is Tonali simply going to take a bit of time to get used to the urgency needed in the Premier league (seemed very casual trying to close down the shot by Gilmour that was spilled for Brighton's first goal)? Was a bit worried myself that him and Bruno G. might be too similar to work well together. Any views on what needs to be done to get results going in the right direction?

I thought the new signings sounded good but not sure the team has looked any better than last season with the exception of the Villa game who have since shown they are capable of letting in a good number of goals when it is not their day with a big loss to Liverpool. Just seen a table of spending by club for the season so far and Newcastel are ranked 7th. Should we expect a similar league position at the end of the season or will poor results continue beyond the recent more difficult run of opposition?

Recruitment in the summer for the short term was pretty poor to be honest.

We've spent 30million on Livramento, 30 on Hall, 40 on Barnes. And do any of them substantially improve our first XI. I would say no.

Granted of course we needed more depth to our squad but i'd have preferred 2 absolutely top quality additions and let who they replace become the depth in the squad.

At the moment not too worried as we had by a stretch the most difficult start to the season, the only real kick in the teeth was Liverpool at home.

Having said that Europe could be a real hindrance to us especially considering we absolutely NEED Botman and Schar to stay fit all season because their replacements have shown they aren't up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Lecter8319

Season looks a bit bleak at the moment, will be interesting to see if we strengthen in January or not, Kalvin Philips rumours are starting to die down, rumored that city want 40m for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Anoeta

Anyone ever have any luck buying off the non-official ticket sites?

I know ticketing is different this season - with digital tickets and ID etc.

Wondering if anyone has had success buying from the non-official sites?

Not much positivity about the club what with a poor season last year, summer of upheaval at board level. No signings made and just a general vibe that we are being restricted on expenditure by draconian FFP rules.

10 points from the opening 5 games is a decent return but quite honestly not one performance has been anything to get excited about.

Howe still far too loyal to some turd like Longstaff and Lloyd Kelly when far superior options are sitting on the bench. Big season for Howe and i don't think he'll survive it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I get that you question some players level of ability, but seems quite harsh to be calling a guy like Longstaff, a local lad who’s been at the club since he was a child and is Newcastle through and through, “some turd”.

He's an adequate mid/lower table Premier League player. He wouldn't start for any other top 10 team but yet there he is week in week out starting for us.

If PIF are serious about us being best in class then unfortunately Longstaff is the type of player that needs replaced.

Advertisement