Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Did anyone see the slow motion replay of the celebration after Jonas' goal??

Camera was on Carver and he was full sure Jonas was running to him to celebrate. He put his hand out for a hug or a high five and Jonas left him hanging 😊😊.

I'm so happy I kind of feel sorry for the premier leagues best coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Saipanne wrote: »
    The decision is in the hands of the man who hired Kinnear, not once; but twice.

The circus keeps rolling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The decision is in the hands of the man who hired Kinnear, not once; but twice.

You're so desperate for a rise that you're not getting one today pal. ;) Keep going though. It's fúcking hilarious.

Does anybody think that maybe, just maybe, Ashley is sick of the abuse and underachieving and might just have been genuine in his interview today???

Or has the whiskey gone to my head already ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

That_Guy wrote: »
    You're so desperate for a rise that you're not getting one today pal. ;) Keep going though. It's fúcking hilarious.

I'm right, though. Would you put it past Ashley? Or are you still fixated with Pardew?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Surely ye'll sign up Jonas. One of the few of your squad who seems to give a ****.

tastyt wrote: »
    Does anybody think that maybe, just maybe, Ashley is sick of the abuse and underachieving and might just have been genuine in his interview today???

We've heard it all before when he first took over. Big ambitions blah blah blah. Want to win a cup in x amount of years blah blah blah.

I'd be shocked if we spent more than £30m this summer and that's after getting rid of a few players.

I'm right, though. Would you put it past Ashley? Or are you still fixated with Pardew?

Me fixated with Pardew?? Says the man who worships the man.

Christ.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

One can only hope but doubt it very much.

The managerial appointment will say alot though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Did anyone see the slow motion replay of the celebration after Jonas' goal??

Camera was on Carver and he was full sure Jonas was running to him to celebrate. He put his hand out for a hug or a high five and Jonas left him hanging 😊😊.

I'm so happy I kind of feel sorry for the premier leagues best coach.
    is there a full stop in here or are you happy you feel sorry ??

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

My nerves are absolutely shot after today, great stuff from Jonas, will be remembered for a long time. Glad to see the back of this horrendous season though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Same ol drivel that the club has been spewing for years! Just because Ashley said id means nothing. They are rattled by the boycotts and protests and are trying everything. More club statements in the last 2 weeks than in the year before it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Actions speak louder then words. Simple as.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Actions speak louder then words. Simple as.

Cara in fairness hit the nail on the head after that interview. Souness and Redknapp both showed remarkable insight into the issues at the club

Oh and 18 months saying no interest in the cups, all of a sudden now we are?

• Advertisement

I take Ashley's comments with a pinch of salt, talk of big players coming in, but how can we compete for the likes of Mitrovic if club are reluctant to fork out 15 million plus for a good striker these days?? Looks like Austin is off to Southampton too. If you pay 7 million for a donkey like Riviere, then that's what you'll get!

Any players, in particular, any of you would like to see come? Personally, I'd love to see Ron Vlaar here,talk of him wanting to stay at the Villa though, would surely shore up our leaky defense.

Ings, Mitrovic, Bamford(if Boro don't come up), Thauvin, Reid, Shawcross, Brady, Onohua, Hoilett, Schlupp, Arnold, Vardy, Richards, Trippier and Grenier would all be realistic imo.

Not so realistic but would love to see: Cech, Bolasie, Austin, Williams, Jones, Benteke, Berahino, Ward-Prowse, Aubameyang

Ings, Mitrovic, Bamford(if Boro don't come up), Thauvin, Reid, Shawcross, Brady, Onohua, Hoilett, Schlupp, Arnold, Vardy, Richards, Trippier and Grenier would all be realistic imo.

Not so realistic but would love to see: Cech, Bolasie, Austin, Williams, Jones, Benteke, Berahino, Ward-Prowse

There have been a few whispers for Mitrovic, but this lad is a proper player, not sure why he'd come to us, we'd never pay the money either, I'd say James Wilson on loan is a more realistic expectation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

So whats peoples view on the backroom staff?

Personally I reckon that whoever gets brought in should be allowed to bring in their own staff.

Will Ashley give Carver the boot and send the remainder of the backroom staff packing with him?

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    So whats peoples view on the backroom staff?

Personally I reckon that whoever gets brought in should be allowed to bring in their own staff.

Will Ashley give Carver the boot and send the remainder of the backroom staff packing with him?

Are you going with the opinion that appointing McLaren is a given?? If so, I would get rid of the lot of them, apart from(I'll probably get slaughtered for saying this), but Carver, I think keeping him as a coach would make a lot of sense, regardless of the last few months, he is a good coach and has so much passion for the club.
    The medical team needs to be seriously looked at, far too many injuries for my liking over the last 3 years, not helped by a threadbare squad.

• Advertisement

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Are you going with the opinion that appointing McLaren is a given?? If so, I would get rid of the lot of them, apart from(I'll probably get slaughtered for saying this), but Carver, I think keeping him as a coach would make a lot of sense, regardless of the last few months, he is a good coach and has so much passion for the club.
    The medical team needs to be seriously looked at, far too many injuries for my liking over the last 3 years, not helped by a threadbare squad.

Wasnt taken the McLaren angle as a given at all.

Whoever comes in, I think there needs to be a clear out of backroom staff, otherwise you have the same ideas floating around again

Whoever comes in, I think there needs to be a clear out of backroom staff, otherwise you have the same ideas floating around again

Would be very costly then, if I remember correctly paying off Carver, Stone and Woodman would cost approximately 5 million.

Madness that staff buyout clauses are that high ...

Madness that staff buyout clauses are that high ...

Yeah, suppose it's to be expected when 8 year contracts are thrown about the place!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Couldnt agree more, can we please get a coach who knows set pieces? If I see the long ball into Williamson at the back-post one more time I think I'll explode!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Delighted for Jonas.

Great to finally put the season to bed and finally forget about it.

Good to see the two chaps are still chipping away at the Pardew debacle.

...It's quite bizarre however, how John Carver's Newcastle United - in the worst season I can ever remember - still managed to finish above Alan Pardew's 2012/13 NUFC side (with Ba, Cabaye, Santon, Tiote). ;)

As for Mike Ashley's interview, still a bit surreal. The man has a voice. Even if it was pure waffle he spoke. Genuinely looked nervous.

Anyway, what an end for Jonas, and I thought Vurnon Anita was fantastic as well, bar that 4 on 1!

Onwards and upwards lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

Great to finally put the season to bed and finally forget about it.

That sentence is beginning to sound very familiar! :rolleyes:

Sunderland without a manager ...

Watch them come an poach the best Coach in the Premier League :rolleyes:

So Vieira is now 2nd favourite for the job.

Clearly someone knows something we don't.

So Vieira is now 2nd favourite for the job.

Clearly someone knows something we don't.

Lotta arsenal youths on loan

• Advertisement

New contract offered to Sammy Ameobi.

Gutierrez, Ryan Taylor released as were Jak Alnwick, Adam Campbell and Remie Streete.

The only one there that I agree with are Jak Alnwick and Ryan Taylor getting released....

Not so sure the other are the best set of descisions we've ever made + shouldnt next years manager have some say in this?

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20150529/taylor-and-gutierrez-released-by-united_2281670_4754487

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20150529/ameobi-offered-new-deal_2281670_4754642

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Jonas let go?

Mental, no?

SlickRic wrote: »
    Jonas let go?

Mental, no?

I love the guy, he clearly loves the club and always gives 100%

Obviously the way he has been treated is terrible. The club tried to get shot when he had cancer, another pr coup! Also they refused to play him as he was due appearance related contract until they absolutely had to!

He did however run to face the directors box, pound his chest and shouted "w@nker" after scoring. Sealed his fate IMHO

Mental, probably not! disappointing treatment of a player who will go down in geordie folklore though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

M5 wrote: »

Obviously the way he has been treated is terrible. The club tried to get shot when he had cancer, another pr coup! Also they refused to play him as he was due appearance related contract until they absolutely had to!

He did however run to face the directors box, pound his chest and shouted "w@nker" after scoring. Sealed his fate IMHO

Sealed his fate as a hero. Disgraceful treatment to someone sick. I would say he has no regrets. He's said numerous times he loves the club and fans. He owes nothing to some muppet who tried to put him out on his ear.

I'd have expected Carvers contract to have been terminated by now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

Terrible news about Jonas. Has always been my favourite player since his debut.

Edit: Actually, it's probably great news, as he'll surely move on to better things.

I'd have expected Carvers contract to have been terminated by now...

Ha ha ha, good one!

@elgalgojonas

Two things I learn from my illness how you can support a player (newcastle fans) and how you leAve a player alone (newcastle owner)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

I'm fine with all of them going. Jonas is a hero we deserve...but not the one we need right now.

Taylor's leaving will save a fortune alone in the annual crutches budget. Wish he'd take his namesake with him too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

M5 wrote: »

Mental, probably not! disappointing treatment of a player who will go down in geordie folklore though.

That is fantastic. Fcuk Ashley. The way he treated Jonas was disgraceful.

Jonas probably sealed his own fate but the very very very very least he deserved was one more season.

But hey, if the fat controller doesn't like criticism, he was always going to be out on his ear.

I hope he finds a club that treats him with the respect he deserves.

He may not have been the best player but he tried his best and for him to come back after his bout with cancer and keep us up is a true hero's tale.

As for Sammy Ameobi.... Fúck off.

Sammy getting a contract is a joke.

What's he done to deserve that?

Surely the new head coach should have a say? Unless it's already been decided its Carver and its his call.

Jonas perfectly sums up the disconnect between the fans and the staff and owners. Jonas gets it and gets us, those clowns don't have a clue.

Vieira to hold talks this week.

Interesting. Strong personality and I'd say he'd have the respect of the players.

That's a wild choice! Has he had any experience in coaching? Bold move, might be what they need

An expensive inexperienced coach who has a track record of not taking sh1t. This will end well :eek:

• Advertisement

Whats peoples opinion on the current links with Vieira?

if he comes in as an assistant to someone else, then why not ... but the Pl is too big a stage to be winging it with an unexperienced manager. it would be like letting John Carver in charge during a relegation scra .... oh wait! :(

I like the sound of it. Sure can it get any worse??

We might be getting a potentially brilliant manager, who knows?? Can only see him taking the job also if he is promised money to strengthen the side. And is the kind of character not to take any ****e either from upstairs or underperforming pampered players.

And with Rangers not getting to the Scottish PL... Will that mean the lads loaned to them might suddenly not be so eager for permanent moves there :p

Whats peoples opinion on the current links with Vieira?

if he comes in as an assistant to someone else, then why not ... but the Pl is too big a stage to be winging it with an unexperienced manager. it would be like letting John Carver in charge during a relegation scra .... oh wait! :(

Guardian wrote that his camp might be using
    The Newcastle post as a bargaining tool for a better deal at city. I'd say McClown is
    still favourite because he is apparently best mates with Carr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Advertisement
Advertisement