Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Waiting for the inevitable "couldn't get him over the line" garbage when Austin is rolled out in a Chelsea or Liverpool kit by the end of the week :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Waiting for the inevitable "couldn't get him over the line" garbage when Austin is rolled out in a Chelsea or Liverpool kit by the end of the week :rolleyes:

Couldnt blame Austin if he blanked us for either of those tbh ...

If he ends up at West Ham on the other hand :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Austin is a ploy by Chelsea to raise the number of homegrown players in the squad. He'll rot there but money talks.

Given that he came from the non league, you'd hope that he'd rather choose a club where he'll get regular game time.

As I say, money talks and he has a better chance of winning things at Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

what about cabaye "kebab" wanting out of PSG due to no game time. he worked our entire midfield when he was with newcastle

its all about the dosh at the end of the day

Is Williamson gone yet? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

off topic a bit , but any one know if the jersey there realising as our 15/16 kit will be changed?

Iv seen loads of people say that wonga have since changed there logo? as apossed to the one on the jersey atm

Southampton, Swansea, Manchester United and Arsenal are a very tough opening four fixtures for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Tough opening fixtures again, new season, same sh1t.

Anyone else tearing their hair out at the rumors that we're willing to pay 10 million for Troy Deeney but refusing to pay 15 million for Austin??!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Ya, I really can't see the deeney thing been anything but paper trash talk though. Why would he joined us now? He's had opportunities to join premier league clubs over the years but stuck with Watford and captained then to promotion last year. I really think hel want to play with them and try to keep them up.

Same bollocks lads.

Expect Darren Bent in on a free on deadline day.

• Advertisement

The off season is tedious in the Premier League. I'm more cynical these days (thanks Ashley) but the window doesn't open for a while yet.

Plenty of time.

Looks like McClaren has a big say on transfers, don't want championship players at the club, need proven premier league quality! Talk of the budget only being 25 million too, it gets better every day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

News season ticket renewal date pushed back yet again! Seems fat Mike is having trouble convincing everyone that things will change, the summer transfers will tell a lot but if the troy deeney rumour is true it's just a joke,

Was planning to go over for one of the early season games, think I won't book anything just yet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

11412385_10153499498921042_6204491495252794364_n.jpg?oh=e255a39c30927a7bb3050b1225a391c0&oe=562E24E0

Millionaire attracts gold diggers. Who'd have thought it ^^

In other news, Zenden and Neville have turned down offers to join the coaching staff.

I wonder how big the list of people who've turned us down is in the past few years....

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Millionaire attracts gold diggers. Who'd have thought it ^^

In other news, Zenden and Neville have turned down offers to join the coaching staff.

I wonder how big the list of people who've turned us down is in the past few years....

Where'd you hear that? I assume that's Phil and not Gary? Gary would never as he doesn't like the setup if memory serves. I'd actually like Gary there. We need solid defensive and tactical minds

I'd take Phil Neville just so I don't have to listen to him try and commentate on a game.

Austin going to West Ham it seems.

What an absolute ****ing joke. Outrageous. We should not allow him to go anywhere else. Lowball offer as usual and we'll get the usual tripe from the club no doubt.

It'll be Shola and Darren Bent on a free for us so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Supposedly having issues getting a coaching team in place. Toxicity of the club well known at this stage.

On transfers while I'm willing to wait and see I'm fairly sure we will fail to get any real business over the line as per usual

Why hasnt John Guidetti been mentioned in relation to us?

He's on a free, so how does that not fit out system?

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Why hasnt John Guidetti been mentioned in relation to us?

He's on a free, so how does that not fit out system?

I was surprised that Ron Vlaar wasn't approached, but checked his age on Wikipedia and turns out that he's 30 so not really too surprised.

M5 wrote: »
    Supposedly having issues getting a coaching team in place. Toxicity of the club well known at this stage.

On transfers while I'm willing to wait and see I'm fairly sure we will fail to get any real business over the line as per usual

When McLaren says that he's only going for the best, what are the plan B coaches going to think now?? Ridiculous statement to make by McLaren at such an early stage

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-set-appoint-former-9510518

Cisse looking like he's gonna be flogged too.

So basically we need to sell before we can buy then?

So much for that "war chest" we were promised :rolleyes:

In fairness he's 30 with a dodgy knee so if we can get 10m for him then so be it. But we should have his (better) replacements signed up before we sell him surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Bas Dost been told Avoid us, Typical, Cabella was told the same, so hopefully Dost will Makes hes own choice.

As on Cisse, I love him, Still hope hell hit the heights he did the first season he came, but he wont, So as said the dodgy knee and the age creeping up probaly best to sell him if we can get some one in, cant rely on perez alone.

Any opinions on tiote talking to transzbop? Its a pity we didnt flog him for the 20M£ to arsenal 2 seasons ago, been terrible since

D_turbo wrote: »
    Bas Dost been told Avoid us, Typical, Cabella was told the same, so hopefully Dost will Makes hes own choice.

As on Cisse, I love him, Still hope hell hit the heights he did the first season he came, but he wont, So as said the dodgy knee and the age creeping up probaly best to sell him if we can get some one in, cant rely on perez alone.

Any opinions on tiote talking to transzbop? Its a pity we didnt flog him for the 20M£ to arsenal 2 seasons ago, been terrible since

Get rid imo.

Lee Charnley....this man gives new meaning to the phrase: couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery...

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Lee Charnley....this man gives new meaning to the phrase: couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery...

Well if you look at history you realise he's horrifically under qualified for the position.

But he bends over for Ashley, so he's perfect.

Seems like every club has signed someone already except for us. As per usual.

We're saving on wages by not signing people until 3 days before the window shuts :P

Gotta save up to pay Shola his signing on fee I guess.

• Advertisement

Time to bust out the annual gif.

giphy.gif

Its refreshing that we don't need to worry about recruitment after such a sterling effort last season!

And as for a coaching team, who needs them anyway! Its not as if pre season has started yet is it?

So the "it's important that we sign the right players no matter how long it takes" line makes another July appearance!

Lee Charnley is your classic idiot, couldn't sell a black cat to a witch...and he's in charge of purchasing....

rumors of super mario circulating

BArra wrote: »
    rumors of super mario circulating

Been seeing this everywhere. On loan. Be...interesting. He's good when bothered. Not sure McClaren can motivate him. Pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Given that he would be the main man at Newcastle, think it would be a good move.

on the fence about it, hes a proven ticking timebomb but when he cares is unstoppable. cant see newcastle paying his wages either even on loan

Not happening. I'd rather we didn't sign anyone then sign him. Complete waste of talent.

Have to say I would doubt he would have any interest. Would write that off as paper talk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,052 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

At least we would have some form of entertainment

• Advertisement

Balotelli to is is the ultimate cliche. When we need proper players , professionals with quality and the right attitude, Mario is a transfer target!!

If you didn't laugh you'd cry.

McLaren will be our most important signing. Unless he is very good Wer going down lads.

Makes my blood boil to see Pardew pulling all the stops to get Cabaye and us waiting around doing nothing looking like we're waiting for a bus.....

Can we not just lash a bid in for Charlie Austin. Even if it's below the asking price just say, "well, we tried". Show some sort of initiative.

"We'll start making our own luck" says Mike Ashley.... Yeah. Good one.

The rumour for this Dutch winger keeps circulating around, gaining a little momentum. That might be the first buy. I'm a little worried there have been no links to any defenders...We are utter poo at the back. Need a complete overhaul

Troy deeney is who we will be bidding for this week apparently. 10 million!!

Just ****ing pay the extra few million for Austin ffs instead of a guy with a questionable past and temperament and no premier league experience

Reports that Dutch lad, Wijnaldun (sp?) has 15 million fee agreed, but he has to come over to see facility's etc and agree terms.

How does this get known if true? Why can't players get signed and sealed without the courting for others to jump in on

BArra wrote: »
    Reports that Dutch lad, Wijnaldun (sp?) has 15 million fee agreed, but he has to come over to see facility's etc and agree terms.

How does this get known if true? Why can't players get signed and sealed without the courting for others to jump in on

Do you really need an answer?

no :o

Well we've bid 15m for Wijnaldum and apparently we're soon to open negotiations with Mitrovic.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Well we've bid 15m for Wijnaldum and apparently we're soon to open negotiations with Mitrovic.

I'll believe it when I see it.

From what I'm reading in Belgian papers, Mitrovic wants to go to Benfica ... few days back they were close to a deal

• Advertisement
Advertisement