Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

We will offer the lad 500 quid a week, a bag of chips, a free subscription to the media partners papers and a preferential rate from wonga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Don't forget a multi pack of Donnay socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Waiting for the vultures to descend on here, when Cabaye signs for Palace, proclaiming what a master stroke Pardew has pulled off and why he didn't do it for Newcastle....

Looks like the Anderlecht president has pulled a stroke of good business by saying that Roma will need to up their bid for him, looks like they will....again the inevitable, we couldn't get him over the line rubbish will resurface no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

God the pessimism is awful. At least wait until the deal collapses before giving out about the deal collapsing

God the pessimism is awful. At least wait until the deal collapses before giving out about the deal collapsing

I'm a Newcastle fan, it's my job to be pessimistic!

In fairness I'd choose Roma over Newcastle.

And I'd rather we get Austin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Seannew1 wrote: »
    I'm a Newcastle fan, it's my job to be pessimistic!

Yep, it's really gone full circle, we used to be known as eternal optimists with dreams of winning the league, now look at us........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Moneymaker wrote: »
    In fairness I'd choose Roma over Newcastle.

And I'd rather we get Austin.

This
    id have austin all day long and hopefully we do get him, minutes of the fans forum meeting are out......... nothing trustworthy to report from them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I'm trying to stick by my matra of not believing any player links I'm reading about until their in a Newcastle Shirt at the training ground shaking hands with the manager ...

Love the players we are linked with but worry about the 'getting them over the line' part

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I'm trying to stick by my matra of not believing any player links I'm reading about until their in a Newcastle Shirt at the training ground shaking hands with the manager ...

Love the players we are linked with but worry about the 'getting them over the line' part

Yeah, I think the Loic Remy fiasco from January 2013 has left the lot of us scarred!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Am I the only one thinking that its not technically a bad thing; that we haven't signed anyone (yet)?

A lot of the players we signed over the past few years have been played out of position/under-utilised/frozen out. It brings me back to an article from a few years back: http://www.themag.co.uk/2014/02/graham-carr-alan-pardew-go/. The main point was players were being bought for a manager who "doesnt like" to play that style.

McClaren has yet to see the squad play any sort of a match while all of us looking in would agree, a CB (maybe 2), a LB and some sort of a striker are absolute must buys this summer. However Steve Mc might not see it that way and might have a better idea of how he wants to play and who he wants playing.

I dont think we will see much in/out until mid august at the earliest (unfortunately?).

Healio wrote: »
    Am I the only one thinking that its not technically a bad thing; that we haven't signed anyone (yet)?

Yes.

I sincerely hope I'm made to eat my words for once. If these go thorough its a great start to recovering some kind of competitiveness

This is agony ...

Get the paperwork signed, get the pictures taken and lets get these deals announced!

• Advertisement

This is agony ...

Get the paperwork signed, get the pictures taken and lets get these deals announced!

On my phone but Wijnaldum deal is done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Have to say, that's a heck of a signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

All the giving out and then you go and pull off that signing! :pac:

Lets hope thats just the start of it.

• Advertisement

CJoLhzVVEAA5mxR.jpg

Hold me lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Decided I'd return to this thread to say Wijnaldum is a fantastic signing. Relatively young and can offer a genuine goal threat from midfield, I've seen a few PSV games last season and he looks a bargain at <£15m. Hopefully his injury problems are behind him too, he's had some really bad luck in the past with his back. It's a step in the right direction for the club, all the best to him.

Coupled with the open training session, the open press conference for the signing and the signing it's self you have to commend the club for finally learning from its mistakes. Now to ensure that we don't spend another season with a championship defense again!

Come on !!

Great signing, seems like a nice lad too. Worried about the lack of defenders that we're linked with. Only mention is Joel Matip, I read one of the German papers yesterday and apparently he's all for staying now.

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Great signing, seems like a nice lad too. Worried about the lack of defenders that we're linked with. Only mention is Joel Matip, I read one of the German papers yesterday and apparently he's all for staying now.

Linked with rudiger also i think.

But agreed, we need 3-4 defenders

Skybet have suspended betting on Austin joining us. Along with wijnaldum that would be two excellent signings.

Couple of defenders now please......

They suspended betting on West Ham too. Means nothing.

ESPN journo claiming its a done deal.

Believe it when I see it.

Done deal. Details to be confirmed

Nice, now get mitrovic signed and 3 defenders, all of a sudden we could have a decent team

• Advertisement

Can we mount a serious title challenge now?

We need a goalie too. Krul is getting slack with the lack of competition, unless that guy from Forrest is going to push himself? Not heard a thing about him.

Porto bid for Mitrovic.

That's that one gone so.

tastyt wrote: »
    Can we mount a serious title challenge now?

????

Mitrovic doesn't wanna come, why would we want someone like that? Austin if he signs cisse and Perez is not bad for up top with young Armstrong there aswell, Need a couple of defenders now a right winger and it's a decent first team, squad is still light imho

M5 wrote: »
    ????

Joking man

Belgian papers say Mitrovic going to Newcastle.

No one else in the running willing to match fee and/or wages.

Hope its true

Grinning with the shirt or its all BS.

Belgian papers say Mitrovic going to Newcastle.

No one else in the running willing to match fee and/or wages.

Hope its true

Things looking pretty positive now. Watch as Obertan comes good this season ajd the miracle is complete

• Advertisement

Another positive signing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Mitrovic having a medical, brilliant stuff. He's not the type of striker who's going to chase down defenders or track back, he's more in the mould of a Berbatov rather than a Tevez (for lack of a better analogy), but he's got the finishing ability of a top, top striker, he just needs to develop the rest of his game. With good service, he should be scoring 15+ goals this season. If there was a world class winger in the team, he'd be getting 25+ a season no problem, he feeds off good crosses and he's the very definition of a poacher too.

Really, really excited, I rate him very highly.

And I've also just read he's a Newcastle fan! All the better! :D

M5 wrote: »
    Another positive signing!

agree its positive, but for 13 million cant really understand why we didnt just sign austin, hes proven in the league unlike this lad who we are gambling on, and who took forever to agree to the move just doesnt inspire me with confidence, personally looks like hes coming because he got a good contract offer and will be off first chance he gets IF he is successful in he league

cadete wrote: »
    agree its positive, but for 13 million cant really understand why we didnt just sign austin, hes proven in the league unlike this lad who we are gambling on, and who took forever to agree to the move just doesnt inspire me with confidence, personally looks like hes coming because he got a good contract offer and will be off first chance he gets IF he is successful in he league
    I think theyll sign Austin too and move on Cisse

I think theyll sign Austin too and move on Cisse

Great if this happens but really cant see it, think they will try a defender or 2 now and that will be it, still great to see money being spent and positive transfers for a change

CKYDmZpWcAAlURO.jpg

:)

Mbemba is on the way too according to the Belgian press.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Long time follower of thread

Big toon fan try get over 3-4 times a year

Starting to get little excited now for new season
    We desperately need defenders though
    Also really looking forward to see de Jong play this year if he can stay fit

Long time follower of thread

Big toon fan try get over 3-4 times a year

Starting to get little excited now for new season
    We desperately need defenders though
    Also really looking forward to see de Jong play this year if he can stay fit

Welcome! Typu positivity won't last long in here :pac:

Seriously though, so far the summer has been positive. It will all be for nothing if Taylor or Williamson are regular starters. Aging championship defense not what's beeded

Mitrovic signing confirmed officially also!

Just cos..

Aleksandar-Mitrovic.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

still think austin is on the cards or has that ship sailed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Saw the highlights vs Portland this morning. While it was a makeshift team, we conceded 3 goals from set pieces.

It's only pre-season and the likes of Satka are not ready for the first team but it still is slightly worrying.

We desperately need at least two new bodies at CB.

• Advertisement
Advertisement