Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

If mitrovic had stayed on i think we could have had this.
    Terrible game but still think we held up well...arsenal are playing poorly tho.

very hard to enjoy ith with robbie savage commenting , awful amounts of arsenal D**k in hes mouth.

Everything newcastle got penalised on was spot on. anything arsenal got called on..."bit harsh, Never a yellow"
    Glenn hoddle to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

We'd have lost that 4 or 5 under Pardew or Carver.

We'll be fine. Hopefully today is a lesson for Mitrovic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Robbie Savage sniping away all game, so so obvious.

The usual suspects still bumping the Pardew thread, 9 months later?

I don't even...

Moneymaker wrote: »
    The usual suspects still bumping the Pardew thread, 9 months later?

I don't even...

Couldn't give a toss how anyone tries to spin it, he was a horrid, inept and arrogant charlatan and I am delighted to see back of him. And then there is Pardew... ;)

If he wins the league with palace that won't change the past unfortunately!

He beat Chelsea three times while he was here. He just seems to have a good record against them. Most of our best performances while he was here were against "better" teams. Park the bus and hit on the counter and get a lot of luck.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    He beat Chelsea three times while he was here. He just seems to have a good record against them. Most of our best performances while he was here were against "better" teams. Park the bus and hit on the counter and get a lot of luck.

Pardew did have some super results against bigger teams. Losing by 3 or more was his forte though. We lost by 3 or more under Pardew than all our managers in the premiership combined!

One win against Chelsea erases that though!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Any one know what has happend with marveux?

Is he still training with 1st team or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

No point in talking about Pardew anymore. He's gone and we're onto a new manager.

I usually don't like to pass judgement until about 5 games in but to be honest, there's the foundations of a team I can really get behind and care about again.

Mitrovic red card aside (still don't think it was imo) we need to find the right balance between positive aggression and blatant kicking teams off the park.

We've had a tough start in terms of fixtures and McClaren has probably sent them out to get right at teams but we need to be smart about how we do things.

I think the West Ham game after the international break will tell us a lot about where we'll probably end up.

We need that win to get us rolling but after 4 games I'm happy enough bar the Swansea game in which we just rolled over.

We probably as hard an opening 10 games as i've ever seen. All the top teams and the derby away.

• Advertisement

Not since Xisco in 2008 have we actually signed a player on deadline day. We've done a few loan deals but can't see us doing anything today unless it's a departure from the club.

Cisse leaving is doing the rounds for around £6m. Hard to know how reliable Sky are with that story but if he does go, I'd hope that we go in for Austin using some of that money.

Wishful thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Article about charnleys Email to fans, good read, in fairness that transfer window was really good for us and personally feel much more positive about the direction the club is going,
    http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lee-charnley-urges-newcastle-united-9979651
    Nice to feel like maybe we have a chance again to at least try to win something HWTL

The type of stuff that should have been said and done a long time ago. Will believe it when I see it but there'll always be some niggling doubt whenever Ashley and co are involved behind the scenes.

That_Guy wrote: »
    The type of stuff that should have been said and done a long time ago. Will believe it when I see it but there'll always be some niggling doubt whenever Ashley and co are involved behind the scenes.

agreed about the doubt but in fairness 50 million spent is a huge departure from the usual carry on for us and we didnt lose anyone that we would rather have kept, Alot has happened in the past and I wont forget that, but if this new board means that there will be more communication and effort put into trying to make a successful team then im all for it,

The 50 million spent has been spent to cover most of the glaring holes in the squad due to chronic underinvestment since we finished 5th.

Let's not forget we had almost exactly the same rhetoric 2 years ago.

As tempting as it is to be positive the next 2 windows will be proof of the pudding,not this one in isolation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

4 of us are heading over to newcastle for the chelsea game at the end of the month. I know members tickets went in sale yesterday for the game, anyone have any recommendations on getting tickets or willing to share a friends and family for the fancard on the members site? Will be first time over in a few years so would be sickened if we ended up going over without having tickets.

cheers
    Baz

bazual wrote: »
    4 of us are heading over to newcastle for the chelsea game at the end of the month. I know members tickets went in sale yesterday for the game, anyone have any recommendations on getting tickets or willing to share a friends and family for the fancard on the members site? Will be first time over in a few years so would be sickened if we ended up going over without having tickets.

cheers
    Baz

Mine is out of date i'm afraid... IIRC you can get four if you are international. May be worth calling the club and explaining situation

M5 wrote: »
    Mine is out of date i'm afraid... IIRC you can get four if you are international. May be worth calling the club and explaining situation

Thanks M5, I managed to get 4 for for the platinum club. Was the only real spot with 4 together. Don't get over that often so not bother about paying the extra as long as we get the seats.

Thanks M5, I managed to get 4 for for the platinum club. Was the only real spot with 4 together. Don't get over that often so not bother about paying the extra as long as we get the seats.

Aye, have considered it myself, nice to have a jar too! Interested to hear how it goes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

First chance to see the new signings for me tonight. Depending on which West Ham team turns up, I do fancy our chances tonight for a first win.

Apparently the team bus was late for Newcastle arriving to the ground. Hard to know how this game will go. Both teams are quite unpredictable.

I'll be back on at HT. Enjoy the game lads... If you can.

well that didnt take long!

We have been poor going forward. Still always looks hopeful. Nice goal by whu tbf

Looking panicked when on the ball. This does not bode well

Sometimes they look decent on the ball. Goal was terrible defending and Cisse cant lead the line

• Advertisement

Sometimes they look decent on the ball. Goal was terrible defending and Cisse cant lead the line

Could be the fact that Cisse can't that causes us to panic.

Better last 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

At least we're passing the bloody thing around!

Cisse is absolutely toxic up front as usual.

Offers absolutely nothing. He's not a footballer.

We are a little static to stay the least

Ayoze on for Cisse at half time ffs.

• Advertisement

Zero creativity. We look laboured while whu look bright and sprightly going forward

We offer our wing backs too much freedom going forward. They're basically wingers, shooting at any opportunity. Just pointless pot shots. Just there Janmat gave it away needlessly and Moses ultimately gets a shot away as a result

This is cringeworthy football to watch. We need a Wes Hoolahan.

This is cringeworthy football to watch. We need a Wes Hoolahan.

That's De Jong. He's just never fit

Very tough watch. We have no idea how to impose ourselves in games. It's all well and good to sit deep and hope for something on the counter against the likes of Manchester United and Arsenal but this is a very winnable game.

I just don't know what the game plan is. So many times this season we've had full backs passing the ball to Krul who passes it back to one of them. They come under pressure from opposition players and then Krul is asked to boot it long and we lose possession. What's the point?

Our wing play has been atrocious. Bar Janmaat we've looked devoid of creativity on the flanks. I'm not convinced that Sissoko is a right winger. I would feel more comfortable with him in central midfield and have the likes of Aarons out there. Ok, he's raw but he has speed to burn.

Wijnaldum has been non existent and I don't see what he's contributing to our creative play right now. I'd like to see De Jong have a go eventually if he doesn't start bucking up his performance.

Anita sucked into the ball when he had been marking Payet tightly before that. Criminal amount of space for him.

We're still throwing balls up to Cisse. It's shades of last year stuff under Pardew/Carver. He doesn't have the pace or frame to play that particular style of lone striker.

We're getting caught on the break a hell of a lot.

I dunno lads.

Just keep telling yourself "they need time to gel"

When was the last time we played well lads? Ya know looked dangerous from time to time? Been a tough few years, rarely enjoyable even when we win

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Very mediocre West Ham side, we should be well able to beat these or at least get a draw.

Cisse is a big part of the problem. He just cannot play lone striker, he doesn't have the pace or the power. Ayoze would at least give us some pace and a bit of spark.

Sissoko is an absolute waste of space on the right too.

What does Aarons have to do to get a chance? What do we have to lose like?

We've had hard games but I have a worrying feeling in the back of my mind.

I know it's drastic but I'd switch Thuavin onto the right. Aarons on, take Colback off and stick Sissoko where he is. He's a far more imposing midfielder than him.

Take Cisse off and Perez on.

The latter is the change I'd make right off the bat.

What the he'll is Rieds problem there? That's fairly tasty. Straight red if it was mitrovic

agree with all of the above posts. Bring De Jong, Perez and Aarons on for Wijnaldum, Cisse and Colback. Stick Sissoko in the middle instead of Colback and just go for it. Thauvin has been poor but there is something there.

• Advertisement

Way to easy. Garbage

Shocking set piece costs us again

I'm out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

For ****s Sake, disaster! Not even 3 mins

New players, new manager, same issues. We can't take frees, we panic on the ball in attacks ggpositions, we conceded soft goals and are invariably second to the majority of breaking balls. How?

This game is so Pardew its not even funny.

Ah **** off ref

We make the simplest of passes look impossible so often. Is so bloody frustrating. Almost every decent chance we get to play in behind and we hit a west ham player

We have had one chance, a deflected pass followed by a miacontolled ball that turned into a through ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

odds on de jong going off injured?

Advertisement