Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

We are ****ed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

Watford so much better than newcastle , got exactly what we deserved today, absolutely nothing! future looks very very bleak!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Could be the first team to be relegated by Christmas at this rate. Shocking stuff, it's only getting worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

blueser wrote: »
    What the hell is going on with you lot? Did I see something yesterday (or this morning) on sky that you've only won 1 out of your last 16 league games? Baffling, as you have far better players than that would imply.

Pity football is not played on paper. Many players at the club were signed during a period where the powers at the club sold it as a stepping stone. Many of those players have been denied transfers and are clearly sulking. That is my theory anyway

M5 wrote: »
    Pity football is not played on paper. Many players at the club were signed during a period where the powers at the club sold it as a stepping stone. Many of those players have been denied transfers and are clearly sulking. That is my theory anyway

That's no excuse for the new signings who simply aren't cutting the mustard though. Yeah you could say it takes time to adapt to a new set of teammates and tactics, but none of them, bar Wijnaldum and Thauvin at times, have done enough IMO. They should be the ones giving their best, because if they see Newcastle as a platform for a move to a bigger club, they need to perform well to earn it, like Cabaye and Ba did.

martyos121 wrote: »
    That's no excuse for the new signings who simply aren't cutting the mustard though. Yeah you could say it takes time to adapt to a new set of teammates and tactics, but none of them, bar Wijnaldum and Thauvin at times, have done enough IMO. They should be the ones giving their best, because if they see Newcastle as a platform for a move to a bigger club, they need to perform well to earn it, like Cabaye and Ba did.

Yeah, they have all been terrible. Genuinely offered nothing. Negativity among the players?

M5 wrote: »
    Yeah, they have all been terrible. Genuinely offered nothing. Negativity among the players?

Possibly, things need to change very soon or there could be Tyne-Wear derbies in the championship next season. If I was in charge of that mess, I'd drop all the shîte that isn't performing in the first team, bring in a few youngsters from the U21s who actually want to play for the club, and leave the "big" players their chance to win their places back in the cup. McClaren needs to be ruthless in his team selections, if you don't play this week, you don't play at all the next. It could also lead to a good run in the cup if the so-called stars want to compete for their spots.

Possibly, things need to change very soon or there could be Tyne-Wear derbies in the championship next season. If I was in charge of that mess, I'd drop all the shîte that isn't performing in the first team, bring in a few youngsters from the U21s who actually want to play for the club, and leave the "big" players their chance to win their places back in the cup. McClaren needs to be ruthless in his team selections, if you don't play this week, you don't play at all the next. It could also lead to a good run in the cup if the so-called stars want to compete for their spots.

next two fixtures **shudders**

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Cisse is utter poison.

I'd rip up his contract at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Cisse is utter poison.

I'd rip up his contract at this point.

just make him wear a wonga billboard .... might leave on religious grounds then :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Still early days but personally I think mcclaren can get this squad into gear, these guys have no idea how to win, as well as that we are carrying too many players aswell,
    It's gonna take time to turn it all around

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Thought Alan made great points on MOTD last might about players looking unfocused even before the game started! There needs to be some serious bollocking going on. Last seasons disaster seems to still be in the bones of some players (Colo, Sissoko) and the new players look like falling in line with it.

McClaren had a weird post match talk too. 'We knew they job wouldn't be easy' but apparently we learned from the game thatthe job 'won't' be easy' Ridiculous! Not a mention of how unacceptable a loss to Watford is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

4-2-3-1

A failed system under Pardew/Carver and now McClaren.

Any optimism I might have had at the start of this season has been killed yet again.

Not entirely sure how reliable a journo John Richardson is but this article makes for interesting and potentially worrying reading if true.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-poison-like-cheick-10094484

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

That_Guy wrote: »
    Not entirely sure how reliable a journo John Richardson is but this article makes for interesting and potentially worrying reading if true.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-poison-like-cheick-10094484

Absolutely bang on the money that article, you can add Sissoko, Cisse and Coloccini to that list.

Any chance of getting Armstrong recalled??!

• Advertisement

Team for chelsea game to stand half a chance.

Krul

- Janmaat -- Mbemba -- Colo - Dummett -

-- Aarons --- Wijnaldum ---DeJong-- Thauvin

Perez ---- Mitrovic

• That_Guy wrote: »
    4-2-3-1

A failed system under Pardew/Carver and now McClaren.

Any optimism I might have had at the start of this season has been killed yet again.

Do you think he's the right man for the job?
    Not sure about McLaren IMO

He's spot on about Ashley too. Whatever could be said about him before, he certainly put his money where his mouth is in the summer and spent well over expectations. I'd still like to see him sell the club, but he can't be blamed for the current debacle (and there's been enough of them).

He's spot on about Ashley too. Whatever could be said about him before, he certainly put his money where his mouth is in the summer and spent well over expectations. I'd still like to see him sell the club, but he can't be blamed for the current debacle (and there's been enough of them).

He could have spent 50m on Benzema and 100m on Bale ... at the moment its money wasted while we have Colo, Williamson and Steven Taylor as 3 of our 4 DCs, while we have Haidara and dummet as our DL options, while our options for DM/MC are Anita, Colback and Tiote ...

Every Newcastle fan can see where the issues are, jsut a pitty the owner and his hench men cant/wont see it.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Do you think he's the right man for the job?
    Not sure about McLaren IMO

Only time will tell I guess. The West Ham game on Monday and yesterday's game v Watford were very worrying and smacked of last season and the year before that... and the year before that.

We've had tough fixtures but we're lacking energy, creativity and a desire to impose ourselves on games.

If McClaren can't motivate these players and give them the kick up the arse they need, then we are in serious trouble.

He seems to be employing the same tactics that haven't worked for us which is baffling and raises cause for concern.

I've heard a few pundits suggest that McClaren is still getting to know the players which I do not subscribe to. He's had a full pre season with them and if he doesn't know who they are by now then he has no business managing a Premier League team let alone Newcastle United.

I can't really say we've been unlucky because we've not made anything happen for ourselves.

It's a big year in terms of monetary gain for Premier League clubs with the new TV deal coming in at the end of the season and if things don't start to improve over the next 4 games, I have a feeling Ashley will bite the bullet on McClaren.

Given his persistence with Pardew for longer than he should have, it'd be an interesting move but Ashley is ruthless and would rather finish 17th, get the TV money instead of risking relegating the club yet again.

It's a big test next week. Good record against Chelsea but defend like we have been and we will get slaughtered and good luck trying to get players up for future games.

• Advertisement

Only time will tell I guess. The West Ham game on Monday and yesterday's game v Watford were very worrying and smacked of last season and the year before that... and the year before that.

We've had tough fixtures but we're lacking energy, creativity and a desire to impose ourselves on games.

If McClaren can't motivate these players and give them the kick up the arse they need, then we are in serious trouble.

He seems to be employing the same tactics that haven't worked for us which is baffling and raises cause for concern.

I've heard a few pundits suggest that McClaren is still getting to know the players which I do not subscribe to. He's had a full pre season with them and if he doesn't know who they are by now then he has no business managing a Premier League team let alone Newcastle United.

I can't really say we've been unlucky because we've not made anything happen for ourselves.

It's a big year in terms of monetary gain for Premier League clubs with the new TV deal coming in at the end of the season and if things don't start to improve over the next 4 games, I have a feeling Ashley will bite the bullet on McClaren.

Given his persistence with Pardew for longer than he should have, it'd be an interesting move but Ashley is ruthless and would rather finish 17th, get the TV money instead of risking relegating the club yet again.

It's a big test next week. Good record against Chelsea but defend like we have been and we will get slaughtered and good luck trying to get players up for future games.

Are you telling me Klopp is coming ;) :P

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Are you telling me Klopp is coming ;) :P

YOU DELUSIONAL BASTARD!!!

YOU DELUSIONAL BASTARD!!!

Way to p!ss on my weekend glimmer of hope! :eek:

On a serious note, we might well be strengthening the defense in January, but it could be too late by then ... we could be miles adrift ( along with Sunderland)

• That_Guy wrote: »

Excellent post as always That_Guy

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Excellent post as always That_Guy

Cheers pal. I wish I didn't have to write about negatives but tis all in the fun of supporting a club like this. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

I'd be absolutely shocked if Ashley didn't give McClaren time. There's no way he'd pay out compo immediately and as far as moves go, this was a big decision to hand a new manager the gig with the future in mind.

Funnily enough, it seems that Lee Charnley is in charge of most affairs at the club now, and was the man who appointed McClaren, based on input from Graham Carr. Ashley has entrusted all control to Charnley, and I genuinely believe that and unless things go seriously awry in the coming months, nothing will change.

With that said, McClaren deserves time. There's a lot of wounds to heal in this squad, and SMc made his first real blunder in giving Coloccini a new deal and continuing on as captain. The man should have been shipped off, and with him Sissoko and Tiote, potentially even Cisse as well.

The remnants of the Pardew era remain, and with that - mental fragility and lack of self-belief.

I like McClaren, but said from before he was appointed that he's not the best option for us. He's a lazy appointment, and another safe choice.

Things will get worse before they get better at St. James' Park but I'm willing to give him time. Despite our form, I'm much happier now than when AP was in charge in the past two years - because I know there is hope, and that the intention to play good football is there.

HTL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

Taylor out for 2 months with hamstring injury,

And so the usual nonsence begins again with everyone pulling out before a league cup game, biggest soft touch of a team going.....

matrixf wrote: »

Absolute definition of a sick note right there.

matrixf wrote: »

It's a good thing we've got good cover at centre.... em... Oh...

Repeat this post for the last 2 years and the 2 years down the line I'm sure.

• Advertisement

Listening to the game tonight, we have been the total drizzling ****s. Zero shots on target... Against Sheffield Wednesday.

Commentators are slaughtering the team.

From listening alone it sounds as bad as anything we've produced in the last three years.

Something us very very wrong. Wijnaldum is blowing five yard passes.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Listening to the game tonight, we have been the total drizzling ****s. Zero shots on target... Against Sheffield Wednesday.

Commentators are slaughtering the team.

From listening alone it sounds as bad as anything we've produced in the last three years.

Typical Wednesay night in the cup for the club then (what few of them they've had the last 10 years).

McClaren is going to be gone by Christmas.

Should be 0-2..

Sweet sufferin' jesus christ!!

You can't exactly say it's a bad team. Fúcking hell we are going to get destroyed on Saturday.

Wednesday made 10 changes to rest players for their next game... This is a Wednesday reserve side.

This club is totally broken from top to bottom.

Two sitters missed by de Jong and 2 by Perez, my spidey senses are tingling!

Lose bonus?

Thankfully we were really going for a cup this season, would hate to have to depend on the league for decent results ... oh wait...

• Advertisement

There is something seriously wrong in the foundation of the club, and it's rotting it from the inside.

There's absolutely no passion or will to win, just a bunch of lads showing up to train, wandering about like headless chickens on match day, then getting paid tens of thousands for it. Say what you want about the quality of the likes of Ryan Taylor, Jonas Gutierrez, Kevin Nolan and even Shola Ameobi, but at least they gave a fcuk about the good of the team and more importantly, the fans.

There is no way back from this result with the attitude that's infected the dressing room. It's an almost irreversible problem, and that's the most frustrating part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Imagine the pressure McClaren would be under right now if Sunderland weren't actually doing worse than you. :eek:

A region that is so big into football and yet both teams are trying to outdo each other in terms of being rubbish. Why the **** do we bother? The worst thing is there'll still be 40,000/50,000 at our grounds for home games. Utter madness.

Give me Nolan, Jonas, Barton, Carroll and Raylor over this shower any day.

Why do we bother lads?

An utter fúcking disgrace to the jersey the lot of them. Not helped by a broken club and a manager who can't motivate.

Ashley trolling us lads! "I'm not leaving till we win something"

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Worried For the weekend. Disaster result but says a lot that I'd forgotten we'd gotten though and missed it all

• Advertisement

The club is dead lads. There was a feint bit of hope at the start of the season but it's just dead.

Ashley needs to act but he won't. He's not the only one to blame. Charnley, Carr... All culprits of a regime that hasn't been fit for purpose for nearly 5 years now.

This is what happens when you put someone like Lee Charnley, i.e a man who has zero qualifications or track record of any kind in charge.

Llambias might have been a bellend but he knew what he was doing to a degree at least.

Super scout my hole!

Steve McClaren's last 21 matches for Derby and Newcastle:

LLDDLLDWDWDDLDLDWLLLL

The three wins: Wigan, Blackpool, Northampton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Ashley needs to act but he won't. He's not the only one to blame. Charnley, Carr... All culprits of a regime that hasn't been fit for purpose for nearly 5 years now.

Now you see it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement