Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

well thats that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Things are back to normal I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What the actual fu... Ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Mental 10 mins, colo gone missing completely for at least 2 of them and aguerro is just so accurate!

De bruyne is world class
    Byeond me how the same fee was paid for him and sterling.

• Advertisement

Jesus.

At least we get to see one good team today....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Why are you letting him shoot!? Disaster!

Horror show. Absolute horror show.

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Why are you letting him shoot!? Disaster!

Lol just oh my ****ing God!

• Advertisement

6!! FFS.

well this is ridiclous.

howw has this happend

I need beer!!

Colo at fault for at least 3 of those

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Pathetic, spineless bunch of money grabbing losers. I thought last week may have been something to build on but this is beyond words

Regardless of how much it cost to assemble that Man City team, we should not be getting turned over like this against fúcking anybody.

McClaren has a hell of a lot to answer for.

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Pathetic, spineless bunch of money grabbing losers. I thought last week may have been something to build on but this is beyond words

Weak mentality at the club too. Players concede two and accept a wave of goals to fly in. Absolutely embarrassing.

What do ya expect when the man supposed to be captain doesn't give a flying **** some good strikes and some good play but colo for me the man that has something to answer, completely missing! The first half was really good but there is just no leadership on the field

City Have been due to give some1 a hammering, And smelt blood after the 1st one.
    Picked away at our weak mentality and here it is

Jesus christ Fernando, that's a dreadful tackle. Mitrovic does that and it's a straight red no question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Is there really any point commenting any more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Not even surprised. I knew as soon as we missed a chance to go 2 up we were losing.

Gouffran in the middle. Gouffran even in the side. I don't even....

McClaren: "Our season now begins.."

Oh piss off Steve.

To be fair TG, when you look at our fixtures he's kind of right. We've probably had the hardest run of fixtures I can ever remember.

If things are still this bad after the next few games then it's really panic time.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    To be fair TG, when you look at our fixtures he's kind of right. We've probably had the hardest run of fixtures I can ever remember.

If things are still this bad after the next few games then it's really panic time.

Yea that's fair comment we have played 6 from last years top 8, defensively the goals were not good but city really upped their game for 15 minutes, and aguerro was really sharp! The guy only needs a sniff, mitrovic and Perez were both good today, I thought sissoko was decent in the first half, terrible result but I really don't think the performance was a true reflection at all!

One last thing is colo is a liability! I would have Williamson in there in front of him on today's display

Cake Man wrote: »
    Just out of interest, how do Palace fans feel about getting Pardew? Are they happy about it or can they also see through the bullshít?

Ugh I hate the FA cup.

I'd say they are absolutely thrilled.

cadete wrote: »
    Yea that's fair comment we have played 6 from last years top 8, defensively the goals were not good but city really upped their game for 15 minutes, and aguerro was really sharp!

I'm sorry lads but I have to disagree. Ok, we've had a tough beginning but that's no excuse for poor performances up to now.

"Our season starts now" is such a cop out and as a fan, it tells me nothing as to what McClaren and his team are trying to build here and what they're doing to rectify costly mistakes and poor performances.

It's frustrating and despite new faces, it's a post match interview that stinks of the same regime that has continued to kill this club over the past 8 years.

cadete wrote: »
    Yea that's fair comment we have played 6 from last years top 8, defensively the goals were not good but city really upped their game for 15 minutes, and aguerro was really sharp! The guy only needs a sniff, mitrovic and Perez were both good today, I thought sissoko was decent in the first half, terrible result but I really don't think the performance was a true reflection at all!

One last thing is colo is a liability! I would have Williamson in there in front of him on today's display

Woah, woah, woah......let's not open that can of worms. If Willo played today, Aguero would have the golden boot already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

martyos121 wrote: »
    Woah, woah, woah......let's not open that can of worms. If Willo played today, Aguero would have the golden boot already.
    Agreed. Williamson is a car crash of a defender. Then again, I think the same thing about Collocini, and he's your captain!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

In fairness I do think the argument about your tough start hangs true 6 games via the top 8 for an unsettled team is never going to be good. All them teams have managers for at least 2 years putting stuff into practice.

But watching back the game today ye conceded 5 goals because your defenders couldn't hold a line properly.

I wouldnt know much about newcastle but that is terrible from a defenders stand point no matter what system you play

Unless Mclaren is playing tic tac toe during training many of the goals fall at the players feet

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'm sorry lads but I have to disagree. Ok, we've had a tough beginning but that's no excuse for poor performances up to now.

"Our season starts now" is such a cop out and as a fan, it tells me nothing as to what McClaren and his team are trying to build here and what they're doing to rectify costly mistakes and poor performances.

It's frustrating and despite new faces, it's a post match interview that stinks of the same regime that has continued to kill this club over the past 8 years.

Oh I definitely agree, the performances even given the opposition haven't been good enough but really how many more points should we realistically have? Watford, and maybe West Ham. Fair enough the Watford game was a disgrace but the rest have kind of gone how you'd expect.

The team is just so mentally weak and that is a huge worry. Even losing 3-1 or even 4-1 yesterday it's like fair enough look at the players City have but to collapse like they did, ****ing hell like. City took pity on us after 6 too, could easily have been double figures!

Coloccni HAS to go in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

That_Guy wrote: »
    McClaren has a hell of a lot to answer for.

This is a little ridiculous tbf. What has he to answer for?

Not knowing the team? I think he's getting there on that one with the Mitrovic and Perez partnership. I can understand how hard it must be to figure out which of the useless shower of bastards that were there last year are worth saving. Sometimes I even struggle to see what our best team is. I'd rather he tinkered now in these less winnable games than later in a crunch match.

Poor results? Fixtures don't help. It's not his fault that he spends a week preparing for a game, selecting a squad and watching them go 1-0 up against city. Probably thinking "more of the same and we'll at least make a good show of ourselves. How can he impact what is clearly a losing mentality in the players. He only has so much impact.

A major problem with Newcastle teams in the last few years is that they have this maddening notion that if they concede a goal that the game is as good as over. Once they give one away you can see it on their faces, they're finished for the day. Sure there are a couple of consistent trying people out there but they're bogged down by people who have their head in the clouds like Colo, Sissoko even some of the news guys have been poisoned by this.

I don't particularly like McClaren but he is trying things and deserves a little respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Question lads ...

Sunderland have made a habit of replacing managers going in to the derby ....

Surely doing it now is too early in the season, waiting til the return game is too late ...

Will they have to plan something different this season?

Looks like i was wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Looks like i was wrong.

The last 3 Sunderland managers that have come in have lost their first game and beat Newcastle in their second. Sunderland's next 2 fixtures:

West Brom (A)
    Newcastle (H)

:eek:

Seeing Klopp at Liverpool, Koeman at Southampton, De Boer going somewhere that's not Newcastle, it really makes me physically sick to my stomach.

• Advertisement

Seeing Klopp at Liverpool, Koeman at Southampton, De Boer going somewhere that's not Newcastle, it really makes me physically sick to my stomach.

Just out of interest, how would you react to Rodgers at Newcastle? I think it could be a success, if he's backed financially, but I wouldn't let him sign his own targets, his knowledge of the market is limited to the PL.

The New Zealand lads are absolutely ruining the St. James Park pitch! :mad:

Just out of interest, how would you react to Rodgers at Newcastle? I think it could be a success, if he's backed financially, but I wouldn't let him sign his own targets, his knowledge of the market is limited to the PL.

That's the thing about Rodgers, how much input into transfers did he actually have?
    Imo the manager should always have the final say on transfers as he's the one who faces the sack when it all goes wrong,
    On Rodgers or mcclaren meh not much difference really, Rodgers did nothing after spending all that money how would he realistically do at our place with Feck all funds

Ashley isnt too bothered about the pitch, I'm sure there are handy rent payments for these games ...

I think mcclaren needs to be given more time ...

Lets be realistic here, what manager would do better with that defense, those DMCs and sulky Sissoko?

There are marginal calls that mclaren is making that baffle, gouffran being one but we arent privy to what goes on in training.

Bar Colo, Taylor, anita, tiote and williamson we have a decent squad ... at the moment, the biggest issue is confidence, its why we only drew 2-2 with chelsea and why we got battered by city ... performances like the 70mins against chelsea and first 40 agaisnt city should help .. but really 2 wins in the next 2 game could / would be huge for confidence

I'd have him here. Definitely.

• Advertisement

I'd have him here. Definitely.

but what will he do differenty from mcclaren?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

The New Zealand lads are absolutely ruining the St. James Park pitch! :mad:

Best football SJP has seen all year! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

Tim krul ruled out for the season with cruciate Knee injury

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

matrixf wrote: »
    Tim krul ruled out for the season with cruciate Knee injury

This couldn't be a bigger disaster but I'm not overly surprised. I feel like Krul is injured every season and we always need to scramble a keeper to cover it. Elliot played a good bit before and Harper got a bunch of games too if I recall. Then again it's luck of the draw at the end of the day.

They've recalled a kid loaned to League Two for support. Great.

We gamble every year with cover and squad size we lose that gamble every year!

At least Darlow has experience in the Championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Can Newcastle Sign an emergency keeper or is there enough cover?
    Tim seemed to be off the boil last year after the World Cup exploits. Good chance now for someone to get in and stay no1.

Are we hopeful for the weekend?

greenman09 wrote: »
    Tim seemed to be off the boil last year after the World Cup exploits. Good chance now for someone to get in and stay no1.

If they can sign an emergency keeper, De Gea has an affordable release clause....just sayin

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

greenman09 wrote: »

Bit of vaguely related info, Graham Carr was at Northampton at the weekend (as was Sean Dyche), the only player he could have any interest in would be Smith, our goalkeeper. He's a Sunderland lad (one of the sacked Leicester players) and genuinely looks like he has the ability to play premier league. Not saying he's the immediate answer to your problem but wouldn't be surprised if he rocks up at St James Park in January. Especially as the Cobblers are desperate for money.

Of course it could be they were both looking to support their local club (both still live locally afaik) during international week but that's just boring.

I should hope not. A club should be prepared to lose one player and not need an emergency loan. If one and 2 were injured that would be grounds. The squad should be prepared for such eventualities, but it's not. Tough sh1t imho

• Advertisement
Advertisement