Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Every year the club gamble with squad numbers, and the man on the street can see it's destined for disaster.

Saying that, Krul has been dogshít for the past 18 months. I'm not entirely heartbroken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Tiote and Colback start today, dummett in aswell, 3 points today and a big performance is a must, time for excuses is gone,
    3-1

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Do fancy a win today. Front like partnership has been getting in sync and this is winnable opposition. No excuses is right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

You lads badly need the win today. Problem is; so do Norwich. If I had to pick a winner though, I'd opt for Newcastle, just. Simply for the fact you're at home. If it was at Carrow Road you'd lose, as you don't travel well. 2-1 to the Geordies.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

There's more goals to come in this, Wiijnaldum & Sissoko need to be more disciplined in helping out the two full backs. A bit of control would go a long way. Toon army!!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Wiijnaldum is playing out of hes skin.

Mitrovic is starting to show hes ability.

Buzzing....for now

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Wijnaldum is a fantastic player.

Can't see anything other than an away win in the derby next week to be honest. Six in a row is too much to ask for in this sort of game.

Sissoko had his best game for the club I have seen. Perez and Mitrovic have good chemistry

McClaren needs to spend all this week training them to defend crosses. They are atrocious at that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Decent performance today. Let's hope that it was us being good and not Norwich having a mare. Still very suspect at the back

How will the 0layers react next week i wonder? They will have to fight hard like Sunderland always manage to do.

Mitrovic goal was top class

Wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

And he hits another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

what a strike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Can't see him staying at Newcastle for long. Not meant as a dig, but someone will want him badly.

Wonder when our last hat trick from mid field was?

Wonder also, has any team ever conceded 6 then scored 6 in their next :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Jesus, that was one hell of a performance from the lads. Perez and Mitrovic are outstanding together. We have to keep them at all costs. Likewise with Gigi. Heroic performance.

Our counter attacks were brilliant to watch and while he's had his criticisms, Sissoko's delivery was absolutely brilliant today.

I hope we retain the same team and intensity we showed today for the game next week.

M5 wrote: »
    Wonder when our last hat trick from mid field was?

Wonder also, has any team ever conceded 6 then scored 6 in their next :)

Kevin Nolan in the 5-1 derby win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Great way to warm up for next weekend! And our next 5 games are all more than winable games, nows the time mcclaren has to prove things are changing, and get a centre back lined up for January and another holding midfielder,
    Fingers crossed this is just the start of a good run of results

Keep that formation and retain today's intensity and we will go through Sunderland. Obviously, they'll raise their game but we have enough to beat them and end the horrible run of losses against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That_Guy wrote: »
    Keep that formation and retain today's intensity and we will go through Sunderland. Obviously, they'll raise their game but we have enough to beat them and end the horrible run of losses against them.

Spot on there. As well as that, a derby win after so many losses would have a hugely positive effect on the club, they mean a lot more to Newcastle and Sunderland than meets the eye. In fact, if Sunderland lose it, they are nailed on for relegation in my mind. As we've seen the last few seasons, derby results have lasting effects on the rest of the season, which really makes it like a cup final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Some great attacking play from Newcastle today, been a long time since Newcastle fans had any real entertainment.
    Some exciting players in that team and Sisoko is a really decent player - on his day.
    Really hope they keep scoring highly cause as good as they were going forward, they are God almighty sucky at the back and are going to concede a lot of goals.

ArtyM wrote: »
    Some great attacking play from Newcastle today, been a long time since Newcastle fans had any real entertainment.
    Some exciting players in that team and Sisoko is a really decent player - on his day.
    Really hope they keep scoring highly cause as good as they were going forward, they are God almighty sucky at the back and are going to concede a lot of goals.

Lot of work to do at the back. Very sloppy. Colo is past it and I'm really not sure if Dummett is the man for LB.

Our attacking play was great today and I can take being shít at the back if we're going to take the game to the opposition and score loads of goals.

Lawro is a joke of a pundit. Pretty much saying that we were lucky to score some of our goals. Joke.

Lawro is a joke of a pundit. Pretty much saying that we were lucky to score some of our goals. Joke.

Still bitter that he got sacked as defensive coach under keegan (?)

M5 wrote: »
    Still bitter that he got sacked as defensive coach under keegan (?)

Nothing would surprise me with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I think you'll win to be honest, you're due one to be fair, but do you really think you'll get enough counter attacking opportunities against a Sam Allardyce side to "go through" Sunderland? It'll be a tight one IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

This day 19 years ago...

Wow, 19 years ago!!! I remember it so well. I watched it in a pub surrounded by Man U fans. Absolutely glorious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

chewed wrote: »
    Wow, 19 years ago!!! I remember it so well. I watched it in a pub surrounded by Man U fans. Absolutely glorious.

Exactly the same experience. Was in the pub in the Alsaa with my mam and dad. It was so quiet that day. :)

Colo you absolute idiot! Keeper gets the ball and you still take him out! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

**** OFF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

That Sunderland team are an embarrassment to the Premier a League and we're still going to lose to them! Absolutely dominating the game and one idiotic decision will cost us again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Definite penalty but a very harsh red.

Utterly dominated and this happens. Jammy ****ing *****.

Colo is finished now. Clown! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Ref having a nightmare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Silly by colochini and can see why a peno was given but getting a red was harsh. The ball was in the keepers hands pretty much so no chance he would score.

Yee were dominating the game as well and looked like the only team to win the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

At least he'll get a three match ban. Every cloud . .

Typical. Shooting ourselves in the foot when we basically dominated the half

At least he'll get a three match ban. Every cloud . .

Not a silver lining when Williamson is the man to replace him. Bad to much, much worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Definite penalty but a very harsh red.

Yeah, it looked like the keeper was going to get the ball anyway so it wasn't a clear cut goal scoring opportunity.

It was a foul though. No need for Coloccini to do it and with the power of the barge as well because, as i said, it looked like the keeper was getting to the ball.

That referee is a ****ing disgrace. Sunderland players fouling constantly and not a single yellow. He couldn't ****ing wait to get the red card out. Shoulder to shoulder is a red card now. Right so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I fail to see how Collocini keeps getting picked for you guys. Every time I see him play, he's at fault for a goal. And I can't see what he was complaining about; it was a nailed on penalty.

Souness thinks Fletcher gets to it and it's a penalty and a red.

Lol.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Very very soft penalty. Certainly not a red.

Considering the blocking and grappling that you see at set pieces, that's not a penalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

martyos121 wrote: »
    Not a silver lining when Williamson is the man to replace him. Bad to much, much worse.
    Lascelles is the man.

But even so I'd take Williamson over Colo any day of the week. Always would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Lascelles is the man.

Absolutely no way. Williamson is one of the worst defenders I've ever seen in the Premiership. Still haven't forgiven him for the away game at Leicester last season

Lascelles is the man.
    /quote]

Is he any good? Not seen him play yet. Might be his time to shine.

Though, dummet to centre and haidara on will be half time tinkering

Lascelles is the man.

Lascelles has yet to prove himself, and I'd rather a bag of cement in the back four over Williamson. At least a bag of cement will sometimes get in the way of attackers.

Now we'll see what Lascelles can do.

That was shoulder to shoulder, cant quite see how that is a penalty.

Was praising the ref elsewhere literally 30 seconds before he misses a handball, an arm across the face, deems a shoulder to shoulder challenge as a penalty and a player moving away from goal as being in a goal scoring position.

Cattermole getting away with murder as usual. Absolute scumbag, wouldn't wish injury on anyone but I wouldn't cry to see him stretchered off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement