Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Is Cattermole allowed do what he wants or what?

Is that four fouls now with no card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Is Cattermole allowed do what he wants or what?

Is that four fouls now with no card?

Red won't do anything to him, because he won't be allowed back in the Sunderland supporters pubs if he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

martyos121 wrote: »
    Cattermole getting away with murder as usual. Absolute scumbag, wouldn't wish injury on anyone but I wouldn't cry to see him stretchered off.

So you wish injury on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Absolutely no way. Williamson is one of the worst defenders I've ever seen in the Premiership. Still haven't forgiven him for the away game at Leicester last season
    I watched the two of them in the flesh often enough to see Williamson is twice the defender of Coloccini, and believe me, that's no great achievement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

I watched the two of them in the flesh often enough to see Williamson is twice the defender of Coloccini, and believe me, that's no great achievement.

He really isn't. Coloccini has been appalling for ages but there is not a chance Williamson is a better player than him. After all one is playing every week while the other collects splinters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Persistent fouling no longer a thing evidently....

Has crocked Colback, put his knee through perez and committed half a dozen other fouls

No, no he is not

M5 wrote: »
    Persistent fouling no longer a thing evidently....

Has crocked Colback, put his knee through perez and committed half a dozen other fouls

And Sky Sports will undoubtedly hail him as a "warrior" and "fighter".

The difference between Cattermole and Nigel De Jong is that even though they both play dirty, De Jong could actually play football.

Ah ****ing hell you have to score that :(

And Sky Sports will undoubtedly hail him as a "warrior" and "fighter".

The difference between Cattermole and Nigel De Jong is that even though they both play dirty, De Jong could actually play football.

Because Niall Quinn never has a bad word to say about Sunderland. As biased as they come on derby day every year

• Advertisement

What?

Gets away with another one.

Ref is on the take.

Cattermole get warned about his persistent fouling after 55 mins of persistent fouling

This guy is a disgrace. Has as much backbone as a snake the way he's gone with the home team

I'd no complaints about the last five, they deserved to win all of them. Fair enough.

But if they win this is an absolute travesty. Totally undeserved.

Lol as I say it. So jammy today its untrue.

Steve could be gone today.

Can't blame him for any of this. We've been the better team.

It's ridiculous that for such a top league like the BPL, there's only one good ref (Michael Oliver) in the whole thing. Madley is an absolute disgrace, there is absolutely no question of bias in his performance.

• Advertisement

That time of year again?

Can't blame him for any of this. We've been the better team.

I know, I don't blame him at all, it's just hard to see him being given time if the losses keep coming, no matter how they come.

I know, I don't blame him at all, it's just hard to see him being given time if the losses keep coming, no matter how they come.

Ye won 6 - 2 last time out?

Hopefully this idiot is sent to League 2 for a while to learn the rules.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Gentlemen, there's a match thread here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057513038

Ye won 6 - 2 last time out?

Lost 5 games already this season, about to be 6. What is your point? Have you made even one worthwhile post in this thread? Baiting by the looks of things.

• Advertisement

Funny the last game they won in the EPL they had all the luck in the world too.

They're a horrible team blessed with a homer and a coward of a ref.

It's when you see them live that you understand why the Sundetland fans don't turn up and leave so many empty seats. Who would want to watch this lot every week?

Even with 10 men we have created more than these muckers.

Todays program brought to you by the word Travesty

And there is it. Clatermole is a warrior

Ha! Niall Quinn calls Cattermole a "warrior"! I fcuking knew it the biased scum.

• Advertisement

Hope McClaren isn't going anywhere, still have faith in him to take the club forward, but I just can't see Ashley having too much patience, given Sherwood is available and has strong links to some of the board members.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Ha! Niall Quinn calls Cattermole a "warrior"! I fcuking knew it the biased scum.
    If you think he's biased (which he is), watch some of the ex united and Liverpool players working as pundits. They take bias to a different level altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

We played well today, it just didn't go our way. Think we'll see more points in the coming weeks easy enough

blueser wrote: »
    If you think he's biased (which he is), watch some of the ex united and Liverpool players working as pundits. They take bias to a different level altogether.

I fully agree with that too, it's not just Quinn. Souness and Merson are awful for it in particular.

This every fifa 16 game I play today. Literally everything has gone in their favour. Even their injuries worked out for them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

I don't think Sunderland deserved to win by such a big margin but fair play to them, what really bugs me is having to listen to big Sam clapping himself on the back for being a tactical genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Both of our full backs were crap today.

Perez never got going either. His decision making and first touch were both off.

All ifs and buts, but despite the hometown call made before the half, Mitrovic scores that chance and we probably would have went on to win.

Sunderland did nothing and won 3-0. Hard to get the head around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

From the FA:
    Fabricio Coloccini will not serve a one-match suspension after his wrongful dismissal claim was successful.

An Independent Regulatory Commission found that the match referee had made an obvious error in dismissing the Newcastle United defender for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity during the game against sunderland on Sunday 25 October 2015.

Newcastle United have been charged for failing to control their players in relation to their reaction to the match referee’s decision.

The club have until 6pm on 30 October 2015 to respond to the charge.

So, Colo gets off, the commission acknowledge the wrongful sending off and then charge us because the players react to said wrong doing?

:rolleyes:

That_Guy wrote: »
    From the FA:

So, Colo gets off, the commission acknowledge the wrongful sending off and then charge us because the players react to said wrong doing?

:rolleyes:

Come on, that's actually right. People are always crying that crowding the ref and complaining need to be cut out. Just because they were right means nothing. They're professional and everyone is going to think they're right.

I guess good news/bad news about the card. I was kinda hoping we would try out another centre back pairing

Come on, that's actually right. People are always crying that crowding the ref and complaining need to be cut out. Just because they were right means nothing. They're professional and everyone is going to think they're right.

I guess good news/bad news about the card. I was kinda hoping we would try out another centre back pairing

1 word... Consistency,then I'll agree with you!

In other news Iron Mike loaned out, although only got a month

• Advertisement

So long Mike... May you never return!!

What is with goal keepers ALWAYS having the game of their lives against us???

This is absolutely ridiculous.

We should have six more points on the board but instead we have one.

So ****ing infuriating. That was an easy win today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

What is with goal keepers ALWAYS having the game of their lives against us???

This is absolutely ridiculous.

to be fair he's the best keeper in the league at the moment, anybody else between the sticks today we would have won by 3 or more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Last 2 results just not good enough simple as, this is a run of games where we needed to win all 6, with 3 played we have 4 points, Bournemouth Leicester and palace is 3 wins or we will go down

Judging by highlights I think we played great but for some good keeping. Encouraging signs

Least the mackems are getting payback for all the luck they got last week :pac:

Jack Butland is an outstanding keeper. We were absolutely dominant yesterday. Can't believe we've not scored at all in the last two games given the amount of chances we've created.

We're still in a pretty precarious position but we're probably playing the best football of the teams around us at the moment if it's any consolation.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

This is a very poor showing.
    Anita and tiote offer so little going forward having the 2 of them on the field is baffling,

Mitrovic off for cisse? Whats the point...Theres no service going to any forward so bringing on cisse is baffling,.
    Change has to happen in the centre of the park, tiote off, de jong or thuvian on

• Advertisement

****e performance but i'll take it. Last 30 mins or so we were comfortable at least.

Desperately need some new faces in the engine room. Anita and Tiote were absolutely toxic today.

Advertisement