Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

I keep convincing myself after games like Palace that I don't care anymore, that the club is a poisonous mess and is not the one I fell in love with. I tell myself it's no good to my health to keep investing my energy in supporting a lost cause like Newcastle.
    But when I see results like this and last week I can't stop smiling no matter how much I try. That anger I feel I know is only so strong because I do care so much and know they are capable of better as they have shown.
    This club is no good for anyone's health, mood or accumulators. The unpredictability makes these results so much more enjoyable when contrasted with the (many) lows.
    What a result! Onwards and upwards! Although it's written in the stars at Newcastle that we will lose at home to Villa.

Another game on TV, another win!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

What a great result and brilliant second half performance. I hope the players now see what they are capable of when they give 100%.

Cisse is finished though. We should let mitrovic and Perez play together as much as possible because there could be a great partnership there. HTL!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Sweet win, and a tenner on it at 8/1 too. :)

I hope McClaren learns a lesson and never drops Perez again. The game completely changed once he came on.

Cisse is an absolute embarrassment of a footballer.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Mitrovic has great strength & never gives anything up easy, and I'm convinced we've robbed someone of Perez. He's still young but has so much talent, we should try to hold on to him as long as we can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Great result for you fellas today. Not sure what McLaren said/did at HT, but it worked. Perez is a cracking little player, and if he keeps improving, you'll need to steel yourself for bids for him next summer. As for Mitrovic; hmm. He's a good player, but he'd start a row in an empty house. And he'll be no use to you sat up in the stand serving a suspension. And you need to get rid of Collocini; any time I've watched Newcastle, there's a mistake in him. Best of luck for the rest of the season anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭pavb2

Driving up to the match on Saturday can anyone suggest where to park. I did think city centre but what with Xmas shopping etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

pavb2 wrote: »
    Driving up to the match on Saturday can anyone suggest where to park. I did think city centre but what with Xmas shopping etc etc.

If you don't want to go to the city centre park somewhere along the metro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

pavb2 wrote: »

Park in Jesmond and grab a Metro from there. I think that'd be your best option.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Park in Jesmond and grab a Metro from there. I think that'd be your best option.

was thinking of jesmond myself, that might be pay and display though, cant remember

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Win last two games
    Finally on a bit of form
    Mitrovic and Perez on the scoresheet recently
    Improved performances and fight

Verdict: Villa win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Kinda looking forward to this game. Bit of momentum and spirit couls see us pull away from the bottom at last

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

What the hell is cisse starting again over mitrovic and perez on bench too, makes no sense!

matrixf wrote: »
    What the hell is cisse starting again over mitrovic and perez on bench too, makes no sense!

You must be new here :)

Very strange call, but par for the course at this club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The fact that the game is on telly is an encouraging sign. The fact that the only two talented strikers at the club are on the bench, is most certainly not though.

Rough one ahead I'd say, hope I'm wrong.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Newcastle have fallen asleep second half. Wakey wakey guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I ****ing knew that De Jong miss would haunt us.

Second half has been absolutely pathetic. Villa battling gór every ball and invariably winning the battle.

Screaming at the TV here, keep giving the ****ing ball straight to them. Wake up ffs

For ****s sake :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Garbage.

Dummet not good enough. Desperately need a left back.

• Advertisement

Back on track? Don't make me laugh. That was possibly the least amount of spirit I have seen from us this season. wrong starting line up, subs at the wrong time.

Pathetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Maybe Jose wants to come ressurect SIR BOBBYs dreams ...?

Crap second half performance but it was a very entertaining game in a weird way.

Pav in critical condition after a suspected heart attack :(

Ah that's awful news.

I loved him and his wacky goalkeeper shirts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Only time I saw Newcastle live was in 1996 and he was the keeper. Hope he pulls through. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

I suppose this will be Colocini's last season. He's been a top defender for well over a decade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Just saw Pavel Srnicek is in critical condition in a coma after a heart attack, terrible news! Always liked him and hope he pulls through, thoughts and well wishes to him and his family.

Collapsed while jogging is what I heard and wasn't breathing for 20 minutes.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Jesus, that is horrible news regarding Pav. Only brought out a book recently too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

So nothing on yesterday!? Sickener to go down to a 94th minute goal with no chance of replying (not that we prob would've scored if the game was played for another hour).
    Mitrovic missed that great chance which I think cost us 3pts, coupled with De Jongs sitter last week v Villa we easily should have 5 extra points on the board.

Dragged back into a relegation scrap, looks like it'll be like this until May. West Brom tomorrow another good chance to pick up something but out inability to score goals will likely keep coming back to haunt us.

Cake Man wrote: »
    So nothing on yesterday!? Sickener to go down to a 94th minute goal with no chance of replying (not that we prob would've scored if the game was played for another hour).
    Mitrovic missed that great chance which I think cost us 3pts, coupled with De Jongs sitter last week v Villa we easily should have 5 extra points on the board.

Dragged back into a relegation scrap, looks like it'll be like this until May. West Brom tomorrow another good chance to pick up something but out inability to score goals will likely keep coming back to haunt us.

meh...

With Tiote and Colback in the middle we have arguably the worst central midfield in the PL, certainly the most unimaginative.

We are starved of being able to keep the ball because we are dependent on all our attacks coming on the break through Sissoko and Wijnaldum, which is ok but due to its nature it means we rarely have possession for long.

Because we don't have possession that leads to having to defend for long periods, which is ****ing tiring. Defending saps more energy than attacking. That's a reason for the late goal by Everton and it looks like this game is following a similar pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

nothing unusual here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

Darlow is a disaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

stone wall peno denied, nothing in the middle with tiote and colback, cant blame the forwards if they dont get any service, shocking performance, nothing inventive or creative at all, west brom are rubbish aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

WBA are terrible...Should be getting something here

Cant understand why we still Play A holding 2...with nearly a half season played and we havent tried anything new at all.
    Same miserable showing every game

This twat needs to be sacked now.

I've been saying it for months.

This loss is completely on McClaren.

I hope Elliot had a chronic dose of the ****s or something. Anything less was ****ing inexcusable for this joker to be put in ahead of him.

Same line up from a loss just two days ago?? Are you kidding me??

The worst central midfield in the league set up to just float about and fill up space and pass it sidewards or backwards. It's like Ireland under Trap.

The usual crap substitutions made far too late in the game to have any real impact.

Just think for the money spent on Thauvin we could have had Shaqiri....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Darlow should have done better for the goal but he made a few decent saves and hes just made his premier league debut, and its his fault that that lazy prick sissoko leaves fletcher run into the box and have a free header???? not to mention hes playing behind colo who got roasted by a 4 stone overweight anichebe and feckin dummett who wouldnt get a game in the championship never mind the premier league! so if you can expand on why hes such a joker please do!

without a doubt the worst midfield in the league, colback is nothing more than a squad player same as anita, tiote is just constantly injured and when he does play a disaster, sissoko is a show pony who only looks good when others are having a stormer and carrying him, dejong.... well he will never fit into the side, perez is a cracker who will be off in the summer and mitrovic denied a penalty, feeding off less than scraps with no supply at all, how could anyone expect him to be getting goals?

we have a side with no leader no heart and no chance unless big things are done in this window, cabaye was a leader and we should have got him back he would have dragged these other wasters kicking and screaming but we would not be in this position if he was there,

Carr is calling the transfer shots and its him that didnt bring in a decent centre midfielder or centre half, that blame is squarely at his door,
    If another £50 million is not spent and spent wisely we will go down no doubt

• Advertisement

Consistent? McLaren you got that right but it's consistently toothless, consistently awful at the back, dead in the middle, and shot shy up top. Absolutely ****ing rubbish.

... But he says we are looking to improve (for the 14th post match this year), sigh

A team full of players who are itching to secure their big move with a manager who's methods belong in 1995, chairman who seems incapable of running a bath and an owner who wants to bleed the club of every penny he can.

Shocking ,abysmal and quite frankly a waste of your time letting yourself be invested in any way with this toxic toxic cesspool of a club

cadete wrote: »
    Darlow should have done better for the goal but he made a few decent saves and hes just made his premier league debut, and its his fault that that lazy prick sissoko leaves fletcher run into the box and have a free header???? not to mention hes playing behind colo who got roasted by a 4 stone overweight anichebe and feckin dummett who wouldnt get a game in the championship never mind the premier league! so if you can expand on why hes such a joker please do!

Come on now. Darlow made two or three good saves amongst countless flapped crosses and let in a howler. I thought the days of seeing such sh*t goalkeeping was gone when Alnwick stopped getting a run, but alas it's not. Debut or not it's not PL standard.

And I am not blaming him for the loss btw. I agree with the rest of your post. McLaren made a hash of it today with a daft team selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

I don't post on this much tees days such is my discontent at how things currently are but does anyone here believe that we'll survive? I've looked at our next couple of fixtures and I honestly just don't know where the next win is going to come from. Really really worrying times at the minute.

Seannew1 wrote: »
    I don't post on this much tees days such is my discontent at how things currently are but does anyone here believe that we'll survive? I've looked at our next couple of fixtures and I honestly just don't know where the next win is going to come from. Really really worrying times at the minute.

Well if you can't beat villa at home.....

I think our season entirely depends on whether we get a high quality DM or not.

Nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Pavel Srnicek has passed away. Terrible news.

RIP Pav, thanks for the memories

Been away for a while over the Christmas so haven't got to see either the Everton/WBA games. By the sounds of things, I'm probably better off.

Coupled with Pav's passing, it's been a miserable run for the club.

McClaren Today: 'It's good squad of players. Aarons is back in training. Manu Riviere's back in training, & he's like having a new signing'

• Advertisement
Advertisement