Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Rumours HBA has pre contract agreement with Real

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

M5 wrote: »
    McClaren Today: 'It's good squad of players. Aarons is back in training. Manu Riviere's back in training, & he's like having a new signing'

Forgot about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Forgot about him.

That's probably for the best tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

McClaren Today: 'It's good squad of players. Aarons is back in training. Manu Riviere's back in training, & he's like having a new signing'

Not signing anyone in January so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I give up ... call me when Ashley has sold up or when we buy players who want to be at the club for the betterment the club, not their transfer prospects! :mad:!!

My 5 1/2 year old is mad about newcastle now ... regret ever dragging him into it ...

Adam Armstrong load deal extended. Baffling decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

The right though IMO. He's as well to continue playing regular first team football and improving as a footballer rather than come back to sit on the NUFC bench and watch Riviere come on before him.

Not too disappointed with this in truth. He needs regular football and is doing well thus far.

Hopefully it'll stand to him for next season and beyond.

The right though IMO. He's as well to continue playing regular first team football and improving as a footballer rather than come back to sit on the NUFC bench and watch Riviere come on before him.
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Not too disappointed with this in truth. He needs regular football and is doing well thus far.

Hopefully it'll stand to him for next season and beyond.

I understand that argument alright, that said with the squad being light up top and the fact we are struggling for goals I'd be willing to try anything to avert relegation.

• Advertisement

Two CAM's playing out wide....

Colback and Tiote starting again....

Dummett yet again at LB...

Ah yeah, let's invite tons of fúcking pressure yet again while offering nothing going forward whatsoever.

This is going to be ugly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Mitrovic, big target man who thrives on crosses.

I know I won't play any wingers to cross the ball in. They'll never expect that!

Seems legit.

Same team trotted out despite poor performances. The squad is too small, no competition, no players fighting for their places. The culture of rewarding failure continues at NUFC

I just don't understand how McClaren can still play the same fúcking system/players and think something is going to work?

We've been utterly dreadful lately and this is going to be a bloodbath.

Few quid on Giroud first goalscorer. If I have to endure, I may as well try and make a bit of cash on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

I was looking at our squad on Yahoo last night. They have some stats. According to them - Janmatt has more passes in our team completed then any other player.

Midfield is useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

i dont want the same players being picked what else can we do? we dont have a squad, we have 6 decent players 5 that will have to do and nothing else! personally i want to see sissoko deep midfield and thauvin on the park, drop tiote hes just a disaster waining to happen, dummett can gtf put mbabu in there,

in fairness were doin alright. but gonna get nothing from the ref, how chamberlin not been booked i will never know but typical against us i guess

• Advertisement

So Colback gets a yellow for his first foul yet Oxlaide-Chamberlain can persistently foul without any sort of punishment. Fúcking refs man.

Ah Mitro!! In fairness, I don't know why Gini wasn't busting his hole to get further in front.

Chamberlain getting the Cattermole treatment, allowed to do what he likes with no fear of punishment. Joke.

First 5 minutes aside, I can't complain with that showing thus far. We've passed it around nicely. With a bit more urgency, we could take this game. Just need to have a bit of belief.

good first half, defended ok, last 15/20 looked really good kept possession well looked good going forward at times, not sure why but always in the big games we seem to perform

• Advertisement

Wijnaldum has been good and Perez has worked his socks off.

armstrong first half hattrick aswell!

Best chance of the game... Christ.

How have we not scored?? Unbelievable.

How have we not scored?? Unbelievable.

lol 2 great chances, but we are creating finally

Lino making up his own rules?

Lino making up his own rules?

newcastle on the attack freekick to arsenal, freekick for literally nothing!

Now ref blows up for a "foul" despite two Arsenal players coming together in their own box. Pathetic.

wenger crying at the ref.... we will concede a peno or have someone sent off such is the standard of taylor

Don't know what Wenger is complaining about.

• Advertisement

• Any chance of Newcastle scoring? Doing well so far

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Any chance of Newcastle scoring? Doing well so far

Every chance but haven't created much in last 5 mins or so.

Have to say, Gigi is immense in this position. Can never be played out on the wing ever again!!

Sickening.

Sickening.

Ah yea, we don't take our chances, switch off at the corner and that's it over

cadete wrote: »
    Ah yea, we don't take our chances, switch off at the corner and that's it over

A worrying trend that has plagued the club for years now.

Miss sitters, concede. It's the Newcastle way.

We need a proven finisher ASAP. I like Mitrovic but we can't put all of our stock into a 21 year old who hasn't played in this division before.

We need a proven finisher ASAP. I like Mitrovic but we can't put all of our stock into a 21 year old who hasn't played in this division before.

Any chance of getting Remy back this month I wonder? Chelsea would be short of strikers without him but you'd imagine they'll be signing one this window given their form. He'd be a good signing to tide the club over until the summer at the very least, and he was scoring for fun last time he was at the club.

Ramsey handballs, bounces off his arm to Mbemba's hand who gets penalised for it. Pathetic ref.

• Advertisement

It's every referee in every game now.

We deserved something from that game. Very worrying for our survival hopes too.

How we can put up a performance like that and struggle at home to Villa is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Ramsey handballs, bounces off his arm to Mbemba's hand who gets penalised for it. Pathetic ref.

Mbemba got penalised for putting his hand on the ball before the ref blew any sort of whistle. Brainless.

Ref was **** for both teams really, but ye played very well. Keep that up and you'll stay up.

We deserved something from that game. Very worrying for our survival hopes too.

How we can put up a performance like that and struggle at home to Villa is beyond me.

And Swansea, West Ham, Watford, Leicester, Sunderland, Stoke, etc etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Impressive stuff & you deserved a point at the very least from that game. You'd worry though that it takes the sight of an Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool etc shirt to produce it all the same.

cson wrote: »
    Impressive stuff & you deserved a point at the very least from that game. You'd worry though that it takes the sight of an Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool etc shirt to produce it all the same.

Probably assumed the game was on TV and conceded as soon as they realised it wasn't. The 3 o'clock curse strikes again for Newcastle.

I'm fairly confident Newcastle will be playing in the Premier League next season, and I don't even expect as close of a call as last season, if the players make an effort like they did against Chelsea (first half anyways) and Liverpool it should be settled long before the final day of the season.

• Advertisement

Ref was a joke in that game. Not sure of any agenda though, he gave us plenty of soft frees.

Another loss snatched from the jaws of victory.

Ref was a joke in that game. Not sure of any agenda though, he gave us plenty of soft frees.

Another loss snatched from the jaws of victory.

that referee is poor and it doesnt matter who he is in charge of, possibly the worst ref in the league, but if there are no consequences for the performances he puts in sure he can do what he likes.
    some very soft frees today a few given to arsenal for literally nothing! wijnaldum one being a prime example, the 2 arsenal lads clashing in the box with eachother being another,

Not his fault we missed a couple of great opportunities but we need to get in the refs face more, you could see the arsenal players and wenger all over taylor for everything in the second half and it does get a response, they get decisions, our lads just dont give a **** really, just get the game over

We just cannot score a bloody goal.

Chance after chance. We can't keep missing them can we?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Have to say you guys were the better side today. Though finding the back of the net seems to be a proper issue. Based solely on today's performance I hope ye don't go down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Interesting quote on Wikipedia about Adam armstrong, last game against crewe https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Armstrong_(footballer)

• Advertisement
Advertisement