Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

This is what happens when you don't have a ****ing left back. Suicide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Aarons you fúcking idiot.

Game set match

That_Guy wrote: »
    Aarons you fúcking idiot.

Not his fault we haven't had a left back for 2 years....

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Miserable miserable showing

• Advertisement

M5 wrote: »

Out of position or not, it's a stupid fúcking tackle to make. Brainless.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Remember when we were looking for a goal in a game last year and there were 3 of the buggers on the pitch at the same time :L

This is hilarious

Lascelles off, Mbemba injured. Yeah, strikers was the issue alright... Fúck off.

Out of position or not, it's a stupid fúcking tackle to make. Brainless.

Agreed, but it's what happens when you play inexperienced wingers at left back

Who the Hell will we have at the back against WBA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

If Mbemba is out for a lengthly spell then we are utterly screwed.

Mitrovic at 13 million is the con of the fvcking century.

What a useless shower of sh#ts we have playing for us at the moment.

We're down I think. WBA next and they'll be licking their lips and Berahino will grab a bloody hat trick while we make him look like a bloody world beater.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

The more money we spend the worse we get.

Sack this idiot now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

Truly awful performance. Our only saving grace is Norwich are tanking as badly as us.

Is Colback nearly fit again? Dummett to centre half and him to left full? Or just slot in Taylor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I won't even say anything about that performance. There could've been 10 bloody strikers on the pitch and it wouldn't have made a difference.

Less confident that relegation will be avoided now. Much less confident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I won't even say anything about that performance. There could've been 10 bloody strikers on the pitch and it wouldn't have made a difference.

Less confident that relegation will be avoided now. Much less confident.

A disaster of a game in terms of tactics, drive, selection and recruitment. Laid every single weak point bare. The blatantly obvious seems to be beyond the muppets that run the club. No strikers, no defenders and we sign a heap of midfielders. Flabbergasted

I get home one evening and I find that my back door isn't locking properly and it's making the house rather drafty due to high winds recently.

I put off fixing it for years in the hope that the problem will just fix itself somehow through the miracle of unexplained science.

One day, the door blows open completely thus rendering the lock completely useless. However, I don't have the necessary tools to hand so I just stick a load of duct tape around the door.

It holds steady for a while but the door is still pretty fúcked.

"Right", I say. "I'm heading to the hardware shop tomorrow to fix that fúcking door".

The next day, I head down to the hardware store. I'm barely in the door when a lovely reinforced front door catches my eye.

A salesmen, upon seeing my eyes meet this beautiful door decides to come over.

"A beaut isn't she?", he says.

"It is but I'm really here for...."

I can barely finish my sentence when the salesmen explains that this door will improve my house greatly. While my existing front door isn't too shabby, this one will offer me a sturdier option at the front of the house.

"I'll take it", I say as I shove tons of money into his hands.

For extra sturdiness, I decide to buy some fancy locks to complement the door. I don't really need them but what the hell, I have a bit of cash left over so why the fúck not.

Meanwhile, I realise an even bigger draft at the back of the house the following day.

The back door has completely blown off the hinges and there is no way of covering the gap that now exists in its place.

I try to ring the shop to order a back door but it's too late. They're closed until July due to renovations.

---

The Newcastle United transfer policy over the last god only knows how long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

Midfield was tactically inept, Tiote isnt going to fix that, Saivet is clearly not going to fix that, Shelvey isnt going to fix it. Reminds me of Chelsea, they dont shield the defence at all. These french lads cant hack it, no shape, sissoko doesnt cover his full back. Just a bad team. Saivet is a bizarre signing on that showing

Someone who has a clue might keep us up. I have zero faith in McClaren.

• Advertisement

Midfield was tactically inept, Tiote isnt going to fix that, Saivet is clearly not going to fix that, Shelvey isnt going to fix it. Reminds me of Chelsea, they dont shield the defence at all. These french lads cant hack it, no shape, sissoko doesnt cover his full back. Just a bad team. Saivet is a bizarre signing on that showing

I can't really fault Saivet as of yet. He hasn't yet played a great deal so I'm willing to give him time to adapt to a new move and trying to figure out what the hell McClaren wants him to do.

The rest were poor. A performance not too dissimilar to Carver last season. *shudder*

If Ashley and co aren't worried then they really ought to be. Charnley should have been given the sack a long time ago. The fact that he stumped for McClaren 3 times makes him most culpable for where we are.

Whatever about Ashley splashing cash, we've recruited poorly in the managerial positions far too often.

I don't blame McClaren for taking the job... eventually. He must have been buzzing that despite falling apart with Derby, he still managed to get a Premier League job.

I used to rate McClaren but it's painfully obvious that he hasn't been able to adapt to the modern game.

He might be the greatest coach and the nicest guy on the training ground but tactically he has been left in the dust.

Stoke under Pulis played to their strengths big time. Wasn't pretty but they did it well for a time until Hughes took over and overhauled the way they play and they've been able to push on and build a solid looking team there that looks like it will survive in the Premier League for a long time to come.

Anytime it looks like we're building foundations to push on and build for the future, the main supports are taken away and sold on and replaced with matchsticks.

We're reaping the rewards now. That's systematic more so of Ashley's tenure rather than McClaren.

Blue in the face giving out about Newcastle United now. We're a joke of a club.

I always think if we kept a tight shape, classic example would be Mourinho's Inter when they were down to ten men v Barca, wonderful discipline and system, every player knowing their role. Stay very rigid, cover the center halves(who cannot defend one v one), and look to use Sissoko/Wijnaldum and Perez on the break we could limp over the finish line and not get battered by average teams like Everton. But, as you say McLaren has just been tactically inept with the resources he has, he cant set up a team, he's had a half a year and in the majority of the games we have been all over the shop.

I dont fully blame McLaren and nor do I expect him to be able to instill tactical discipline to Mourinho standard with these French lads as they are brainless footballers in the main, no positional or tactical nous, but what he has produced is way below the money and talent we have. Charnley and McLaren have to go.

Who would have thought Dennis Wise would be the high point in terms of backroom/boardroom management under Ashley.....Shambles

It's amazing though, we pretty much sat back and "defended" vs Everton yet they found massive gaps through the midfield and the defenders(Coloccini im looking at you) constantly backed off.

McClaren and his coaching staff don't have the tactical acumen or ability to coach these players to be disciplined, work hard and make us compact and hard to break down.

I literally couldn't believe what I was seeing. Barkley striding through a huge gap through the middle again and again and again. It was like Brazil against Germany. It was that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Must win today in my mind. Don't care how, just win

I'm doing college work today... Do I finish up at 3 or do I continue on??? Hmmmm.

Aarons at left back, and two barely fit centre halves, and a player who is in the middle of a move to China in the starting line-up

We will get battered

Tiote staarting...Christ

Jesus. Janmaat down....

Disgraceful officiating. Didn't even raise his flag.

• Advertisement

MITROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

We should have been out of sight way before the final whistle. Very good performance but jesus we need to start putting these chances to bed.

WBA are in serious trouble going on that performance. They were dreadful. Don't think they had a single shot on target.

Hard to know what to make of that. Delighted with the win of course and the results elsewhere went our way too. A good day.

Same old failings none the less. We need 20 chances to score. Sissoko really needs some shooting practice. He could have had a hat trick today.

Aarons seemed to have a good game, how much of that is down to wba is up for debate.

Out of the relegation zone for the first time in ages, Norwich in free fall seemingly

Biggest plus was Mitro taking that chance. Hopefully he'll take some confidence from that. That's all he is missing IMO.

Similar to Jon Dahl Tommason. Thrown in at the deep end too early. Hopefully he'll not go the same way.

This team drives me nuts. Played great, missed a million chances. Back to the usual ****e again next week no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I've slated Mitro but in fairness it was a harder chance than it looked and he took it well. Fairplay to him.

Echo what others said. A good win but we should have won by more, and WBA were probably the worst team we've played this season.

• Advertisement

If we can somehow get one or two more wins away from home(hah) our home form is good enough we should be OK.

I'm cautiously optimistic we'll survive at this point.

Hoping to Christ Johnson is locked up before the derby and he does his usual daily transformation into Arjen Robben.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Johnson Sacked by Sunderland ... what took them so long?

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Always had a storming game against us...

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Fúck him to be honest. I'm more concerned about us tomorrow. It's quietly gone under the radar that Chelsea have the longest unbeaten streak in the Premier League and given our away record I expect a right fúcking hammering tomorrow.

UNLESS....

McClaren says, "fúck it" and goes for it. We're shít. They're relatively shít. They can be got at though and their defence is just as shaky as ours.

Only thing is though, we need to be positive like WBA last week and just have a bit of self belief and fight for the ball.

If we go 3-5-1-1 I'll be sick.

Always had a storming game against us...
    Slightly nsfw:P

• Advertisement

I saw that, hope they feel as stupid as they turned out to be

I wonder if McClaren will continue with a proposed game plan regardless of other results later today.

If Sunderland and Norwich pick up results, we really need to go for it today. I mean, given our away form, do we really have a choice? There is no point in playing conservatively if we can't offer anything at either end of the pitch.

Employ the same shape as WBA and that similar attitude and we'll be in with a chance I think. WBA didn't test us whatsoever but our chance creation has been on the up lately and we can't abandon that style of play.

Players being asked to play different set ups home vs away are killing momentum and when it looks like the players are gelling, they're quickly pulled apart for away games and that fluidity is taken away.

Could be a massive day for the relegation scrap but we need to be positive regardless of what happens elsewhere later.

I wonder if McClaren will continue with a proposed game plan regardless of other results later today.

If Sunderland and Norwich pick up results, we really need to go for it today. I mean, given our away form, do we really have a choice? There is no point in playing conservatively if we can't offer anything at either end of the pitch.

Employ the same shape as WBA and that similar attitude and we'll be in with a chance I think. WBA didn't test us whatsoever but our chance creation has been on the up lately and we can't abandon that style of play.

Players being asked to play different set ups home vs away are killing momentum and when it looks like the players are gelling, they're quickly pulled apart for away games and that fluidity is taken away.

Could be a massive day for the relegation scrap but we need to be positive regardless of what happens elsewhere later.

Did you read that article on Ranieri, his tactics etc at Leicester? Reminds me of Clough, set out your shape, give your players freedom within that shape and let them at it. When bad managers such as McLaren get caught up in tactical battles as being the solution to their woes its just destroys the team. Its not Ferguson or Mourinho setting up the team to play a once off game away in the champions league, changing your lay out every week is madness. Its like when Shearer was the boss, changing fshape two or three times a game. The cult of the manager only works if your system is proven in the first place.

Elliot, Janmaat, Taylor, Coloccini, Aarons, Sissoko, Tiote, Shelvey, Townsend, Wijnaldum, Mitrovic

Aarons again at LB. Bigger test for him today but same team as last week. We just need to keep the same attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Aarons will be destroyed. I dont have much hope here but that's why I am looking forward to the surprise when we win. Pints ahoy since windows refuse to let me watch with their ridiculous updates...been an hour already and on 19%...disaster

Watching the update screen might be more interesting than the game itself pal. ;)

Right, I'm out of here until HT. Enjoy the game lads... if you can stomach it.

that was fast

If only we had a chance to get a left back in as cover for the last 4 windows....

Awful from aarons, any player shouldn't be doing good that but he's a poor winger who has always been poor defensively.

Taylor was poor for the first also. Another area that should have been strengthened but alas ignored

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

Laughable as usual, cricket score by the end

Least I can turn it off early this week.

What a joke we are.

• Advertisement
Advertisement