Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm back.

An utter embarrassment is on the cards.

Useless fúcking cúnts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Awful awful at the back. We have 4 years of form that department though. No game for 3 weeks now, could be cut adrift

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

This is just awful. Was expecting the lads to show some fight today (the match is on TV after all, something of a good luck charm for the team) but they don't look bothered.

Too many of them out there don't give two shîts about the club and its supporters, and that isn't good enough for NUFC.

Sure why would they want to overdo it before they head off on their holiday tomorrow...

Pricks.

I won't be this angry once the alcohol kicks in. I'll be in a place of serenity and dark humour about this shít bag of a club.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

There's a major issue with recruitment. For once it's not money but we get bizzare players that aren't what we need and clearly can't utilize whatever finger painting level tactics/shape is being employed.

I don't think Saviet or Doumbia will do one thing for this club.

There's a major issue with recruitment. For once it's not money but we get bizzare players that aren't what we need and clearly can't utilize whatever finger painting level tactics/shape is being employed.

I don't think Saviet or Doumbia will do one thing for this club.

What should have been the priority was completely ignored. Leaking goals and not scoring and we sign a heap of midfielders. The defence **** up for the 600th time, I'm sure they'll be fine after this training camp though :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Jesus, this could be any score

Well on the plus side I won't be late for work

Adam Johnson song audible :)

• Advertisement

McClaren is fúcking useless but the least he could do is at least pretend like we have a chance to get back into this. Bring on Perez and Doumbia and switch something because keeping this shape just promotes the notion that he is so out of depth and tactically clueless.

Damning of where we are.

https://twitter.com/Scottwilsonecho/status/698568151504658433
    Shelvey now having a running argument with McClaren and Simpson on the sidelines. #NUFC's lack of organisation is staggering. 3-0

Gigi off.... Colback on...

Would you ever fúck off.

Fabregas... Dirty!! Ref looking right at it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Can't be giving Newcastle penalties sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Winajuldm goes off.. Our best attacker... So we bring on colback.. Not like we have doumbia on the bench or anything

• Advertisement

At least I can escape into FIFA land tomorrow where Newcastle are 5th in the league and our away record is actually better than our home record.

:pac:

Ah man, that was hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

This is basically a load of shîte.

GOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

18 days to fire this mongo and get someone with a clue in.

Zero chance it happens, of course.

• Advertisement

Putting McClaren on the fúcking board was an unbelievably stupid idea. Unless Steve calls himself into the board room and fires himself, we won't be getting anyone in.

Right now, this is the perfect time to be looking at a replacement but it will not happen.

I'd be very surprised if we did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

Ah the heady days of last May when we were being linked with DeBoer...

McLaren cant get the players to play, cant set up the team...whats the point? Sack him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Moyes or Rodgers? Who would ye prefer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

On a lighter note,

Soon Palace will be looking for that DDWLLLLLLLLLDLLetc... Banner off our lot :p

tastyt wrote: »
    Moyes or Rodgers? Who would ye prefer?

Neither:D

Nah, Moyes would be a good option, hes damaged goods, needs to do well, he can get the team to graft and defend, which is all I am hoping for at this point, its a long rebuilding process, if he turns us into a solid, hard to beat, mid table unit I'd be happy.

Rogers just came out of the Liverpool affair seeming like a complete bluffer, it'd be more of the same we've had for the past five years, tactical and selectoral inconsistency.

We need a manager who can do something with an unbalanced squad full of brainless tactically indiscliplined players.

The man who gambled our premier league survival by not appointing a manager till summer time, then after giving the manager 50 million in the summer predicted a top eight finish is now the guy who is confident we will stay up.

Charnley above all else needs to go. Managerial appointment saga was a joke. All that waiting for what looks like an average at best appointment. Failure to strengthen our weakest areas in 3 successive windows also beyond excuse.

UNfortunately the culture of failure that is rife at the club will lead to Charnley keeping his job, Mclaren carrying on and if we survive the same process repeated.

Why MA cant hire a chairman who knows football is beyond me. Only possible reason is he hires puppet fall guys

Id actually welcome Dennis Wise back as DoF at this point, Charnley is a goon, as you say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What is it with McClaren grinning and smirking through every interview? I'd love to know what he found so amusing about today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

The lack of ****s given by that newcastle team is alarming, massive mistake not getting Moyes in at Christmas time IMO.

Paully D wrote: »
    What is it with McClaren grinning and smirking through every interview? I'd love to know what he found so amusing about today.

I have no idea. It's absolutely insane. Show a bit of empathy with how the fans are feeling at least.

I'm sick of him now.

• Advertisement

I was sick of him in October and people ridiculed my stance.

Penfold is the biggest problem though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That_Guy wrote: »
    I have no idea. It's absolutely insane. Show a bit of empathy with how the fans are feeling at least.

I'm sick of him now.

Beyond belief really.

CD1E18C0-7963-48B8-B162-A05C67FC4D63.png

Steve McClaren is the only person who could see the positives in a negative number.

Id actually welcome Dennis Wise back as DoF at this point, Charnley is a goon, as you say.

Scarily i actually had the same thought today
    Paully D wrote: »

Judge me after 8 games, 8 games ****
    judge me after 10 games, 1 win in 10
    Judge me after christmas, relegation zone
    We have to focus only 15 games left
    we have to focus only 12 game left
    Judge me at the end of the season

You have been Judged m8, you are out of your depth, how many wins in a calendar year for this tool?

No plans to sack McClaren.

Anyone surprised?

Moneymaker wrote: »
    No plans to sack McClaren.

Anyone surprised?

From the organisation that brought you "John Carver:Premier League Manager", comes their unasked for sequel, that literally no one wanted, "Shhhteve McLaren:Unsackable"

Ah the aul captains apology issued. Shove it where the sun don't shine. Channel that energy into getting three points. The letters/apologies are getting very tiring tbh

M5 wrote: »
    Ah the aul captains apology issued. Shove it where the sun don't shine. Channel that energy into getting three points. The letters/apologies are getting very tiring tbh

They meant nothing ten years ago. Total empty gesture. Reimburse the away fans ffs.

"I must apologise for the earlier apology. My phone was in my pocket"

• Advertisement

Sir Bobby would be 83 today. If he could see what his club has become :(

Sir Bobby would be 83 today. If he could see what his club has become :(

Sacked for fifth place and its been a downward spiral ever since.....

Sacked for fifth place and its been a downward spiral ever since.....

I'll never forgive the likes of Dyer, Bramble and Jenas basically downing tools at the start of that season. Disgraceful. Spoilt, ungrateful brats.

And then we appointed Souness :rolleyes:

I'll never forgive the likes of Dyer, Bramble and Jenas basically downing tools at the start of that season. Disgraceful. Spoilt, ungrateful brats.

And then we appointed Souness :rolleyes:

Shameful, they bought into their own hype, and look at the careers they have had since. Not one of them fulfilled their potential.

Ill never forgive Souness for Bramble and Boumsong, when I think of it, we are signing crap defenders because we are a lower level crap team now, but Souness had the cash and was challenging for Champions league! Some of it wasnt his fault, with injuries and such, it took Allardyce to sort out the training ground and solve the massive spate of injuries we had. Our training ground basically broke Luque.

Shameful, they bought into their own hype, and look at the careers they have had since. Not one of them fulfilled their potential.

Ill never forgive Souness for Bramble and Boumsong, when I think of it, we are signing crap defenders because we are a lower level crap team now, but Souness had the cash and was challenging for Champions league! Some of it wasnt his fault, with injuries and such, it took Allardyce to sort out the training ground and solve the massive spate of injuries we had. Our training ground basically broke Luque.

Boumsong went to Rangers on a free and then 6 months later we pay 8m for him. That whole deal stunk.

Nothing has changed because we still get constant injuries.

The whole club has been broken for ten years+ really when you think about it.

Boumsong went to Rangers on a free and then 6 months later we pay 8m for him. That whole deal stunk.

I think there are still lots of dodgy deals going on with us. Take your man Mbiwa we signed, brainless defender, truly awful, 8m million we pay for him, hes complete rubbish, then Roma take him on load for a 1 mill loan fee and he was the same brainless player he was with us. Then they decide to buy him in the summer for 7 and a half mill. He's complete rubbish as expected, just a terrible player, then Lyon sign him for 8 million this year, voted worst signing of the season by L'equipe, just a terrible player.

How does a lad who can barely play football rack up 25 million worth of transfer fees in under two years?

I think we are being used for backhanders, the players we sign, the majority are not up to top level football, yet we pay outsized fees for them and then shift them on. There is something going on. We sign Thauvin for 12 mill on paper, dont play him and hes sent packing back to france after a few months, it just seems dodgy.

• Advertisement

We only sign players who are signed up with one agency. Read into that what you will

Mitrovic crocked now :rolleyes:

Mitrovic crocked now :rolleyes:

Not to fear we have the lad who aimlessly runs about and couldnt get in the Roma team...Lucky we sorted the defence and dont have to rely on creating and finishing chances to stay up....

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Luque was the last signing I remember being really excited for. I thought, wow continental...lets do this. Then look what happened.

Injuries at the club are a joke. Look at Krul, he's out of a sizable time every season. Why though? Never seen the like

Bizarre "deal"
    Yep you're right, near enough top of the injury charts. It must have been Big Sam Allerdici blowing his own trumpet. I remember him revamping the training ground and saying it solved the injury problem, clearly not.
    160217.png

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php
    We only sign players who are signed up with one agency. Read into that what you will
    Wasnt that what Wise was lambasted for? Signing crap as a "favour". Clearly nothing has changed since Keegan was forced out. Just a shambles
    Luque was the last signing I remember being really excited for. I thought, wow continental...lets do this. Then look what happened.

Injuries at the club are a joke. Look at Krul, he's out of a sizable time every season. Why though? Never seen the like
    Yeah, top player, Spanish international, coming from a team challenging for the title in Spain.. Then we break him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement