Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Stoke there for the taking yet again. Jo commitment earlier when in control. Now we pay for it (again)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Moneymaker wrote: »
    And there it is.

What's the spin going to be from McClaren now?

Same old garbage. He has to go.

I've lost patience with him myself. This is bwyond a joke and our season is basically over. No fight, no ideas. Get somebody knew and start getting ready for championship. Stupid season

Why is there no challenge on the keeper there?

You'd swear we didn't need points like...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Gordon Lee, Ossie Ardilles, Daglish, Gullit, Souness, Pardew.

I honestly think McClaren is worse then any of them. By a margin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

He has to go lads. And he can take that spoofer Charnley with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Im shocked at how **** we can be.

this is riduclous...the passing..the touching...wow...what is this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

some save there, neew mcclaren out although looks like its already too late,

Absolutely baffling game "plan". Selection of gouffran, subs all nonsensical

We didn't push on when in Control.

Absolutely shocking from McLaren. That's the great ****ing plan after 18 days to practice?

If we keep him we are done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Lads .... who is available at the moment?

I'm not talking about some on at a club we need to poach from a club (coz we wont spend the money) , who is free ( that is a realistic target)?

I'm struggling to think of anyone ... sure mourihno is available, but unless he has some sentimental wish to save us for SBRs sake ...

• Advertisement

80 Million lads! 80 ****ing million. I know you can say there has been chronic underinvestment and some poor signings prior to McLaren. But 80 million this balloon has spent!

Only one I can think of is Rodgers and I'd have him in a heartbeat.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Lads .... who is available at the moment?

I'm not talking about some on at a club we need to poach from a club (coz we wont spend the money) , who is free ( that is a realistic target)?

I'm struggling to think of anyone ... sure mourihno is available, but unless he has some sentimental wish to save us for SBRs sake ...

Rogers, Moyes, Pearson.

I've just ranted and raved on reddit. I don't think its legal to post it here.

I genuinely loathe McClaren. He's a spineless coward. And don't even get me started on Sissoko.

Rogers, Moyes, Pearson.

I've just ranted and raved on reddit. I don't think its legal to post it here.

I genuinely loathe McClaren. He's a spineless coward. And don't even get me started on Sissoko.

I wasnt being ignorant, just couldnt think of people ...

bring Moyes in NOW!

Couldnt cope with 'we showed charachter' or Pearson attacking opposition players

Mclaran better not smirk / smile during the post match coz the remote is going through the tele if I see him sirk on MOTD tonight!

Lads, McLaren is going nowhere. Even if he was it would be Joe Kinnear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Shteve totally to blame for that.

In a game where we were comfortable and deserving of a point, still come away with nothing.

Why wait so ****ing long to bring Perez on. It was no coincidence that 5 mins of Perez and Doumbia offered more than the useless Mitrovic and ****ing Riviere. My God..

Butland pulled off a cracking save, but it was the only one he had to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Shteve totally to blame for that.

In a game where we were comfortable and deserving of a point, still come away with nothing.

Why wait so ****ing long to bring Perez on. It was no coincidence that 5 mins of Perez and Doumbia offered more than the useless Mitrovic and ****ing Riviere. My God..

Butland pulled off a cracking save, but it was the only one he had to make.

6 million pounds we paid for him... 6 million.. and its not like he was tearing it up in France when we signed him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

£80m spent and we are still fielding the likes of Gouffran, Riviere, Taylor, Dummett, Sissoko and Colback. Disgrace.

Sissoko shouldn't play another game for this club. He's ****ing awful and has the heart of weasel. Doumbia should get a start ahead of Mitrovic.

Bournemouth, I'd try:

Elliott

Janmaat - Taylor - Lascelles - Dummett

Townsend - Saivet - Shelvey - Wijnaldum

Perez - Doumbia

These are desperate times.

80 million spent on attacking players where we don't attack teams... Sound logic.

• Advertisement

Five shots on goal lads. Five.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

If we go down, its far worse than last time considering the money we have spent the past two windows. 80 million is enough to build a team from scratch that will stay in the league, end of story.

If we go down, its far worse than last time considering the money we have spent the past two windows. 80 million is enough to build a team from scratch that will stay in the league, end of story.

The league leaders squad cost in or around the money we spent in January.

The recruitment process has been rotten for years at nufc. The false confidence that we can buy our way out of trouble in January has unsurprisingly failed. I for one predicted that it would happen. They hierarchy at the club are so confident they are smarter than everyone else they ignore all advice.

You need the right Chairman, who brings in the right manager, who brings in the right staff.

We have a clueless chairman who has pursued a failing manager for 6 months risking the clubs premier league place. Then between the two of them they have spent 80 million and we still don't have a left back, any quality centre back, no decent holding mid fielder. We are playing forwards and centre mid fielders on the wing and we rely on an untested 21 year old for out goals.

To top it off we have at least half a dozen players at the club for 2 years of more who have never once looked like premier league standard and 2 of them played last night.

Rotten top to bottom. If we survive the same process will continue. Well at least our kind owner will provide us with another "interest free loan" that costs the club 30m a year in sponsorship, should we go down

And don't get me started on the clubs failure to do anything about failure.

Managers, players, chairmen, scouts all culpable yet all have remained despite long periods of abject failure.

Start sacking managers who don't perform, start dropping and selling players who are not up to it,get rid of chairmen who bring in useless managers.

It's fairly simple. These are your expectations in your role as x. Failure to meet these goals will result in your performance being reviewed and appropriate action been taken. The chairman and manager were set goals of top 8 finish by themselves (yep, really) so by any stretch both have absolutely tanked on their own goals this year.

M5 wrote: »
    And don't get me started on the clubs failure to do anything about failure.

Managers, players, chairmen, scouts all culpable yet all have remained despite long periods of abject failure.

Start sacking managers who don't perform, start dropping and selling players who are not up to it,get rid of chairmen who bring in useless managers.

It's fairly simple. These are your expectations in your role as x. Failure to meet these goals will result in your performance being reviewed and appropriate action been taken. The chairman and manager were set goals of top 8 finish by themselves (yep, really) so by any stretch both have absolutely tanked on their own goals this year.

I can't wait to hear the excuses at the end of the season.

You can't fault Ashley for putting his hand in his pocket this year at least. You can fault him for putting these imbeciles in these positions. Charley, Carr and McClaren all need to be removed from their positions.

I can't wait to hear the excuses at the end of the season.

You can't fault Ashley for putting his hand in his pocket this year at least. You can fault him for putting these imbeciles in these positions. Charley, Carr and McClaren all need to be removed from their positions.

Unfortunately football is not the same as retail. He hires people he can trust, not people who are qualified to do the job. Hiring anyone who speaks up is not permitted.

It alway has stemmed from Ashley. From the the dismissal of keegan onwards it has been one failure after another. Chris Houghton for example. He would have been the perfect man for the model they implemented AFTER sacking him.

I fear we will never be able to attract a decent manager. Even McLaren took 6 months to convince. 8 wins from 40 for him right now...

Well we ARE getting relegated if McClaren stays. 100%

We may still go down(probably will) if we get someone new in but at least we'd have a chance.

Worst of all is if we do go down they'll probably keep McClaren as "he has Championship experience!"

God I hate this damn club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Nice to see someone call McClaren out on his ridiculous smirking/grinning:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/steve-mcclaren-newcastle-involved-in-training-ground-row-with-journalist-a6912641.html
    The Newcastle manager Steve McClaren was involved in a stunning row with a journalist during a press conference at the club’s training ground on Friday afternoon.

McClaren had reacted to claims, published in The Daily Mail, that he will lose his job if Newcastle lose at home to Bournemouth by suggesting that the report was only written because the club dismissed the writer from a role at the club five years ago.

The journalist then launched a scathing attack on the former England head coach as he left the press conference, saying: “Is this your latest excuse Steve?

“I’m not the problem Steve, you’re the problem, not me. Don’t you dare suggest I have an agenda against you. Walk away Steve, smile and grin again. He’s been out of his depth since the minute he walked in.”

Paully D wrote: »

Refreshing journalism imho..

Bans will ensue though

• Advertisement

Players issuing a statement saying they're backing McClaren. Fúck off. Just fúck off and go out there and try win some fúcking games you absolute cúnts.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Players issuing a statement saying they're backing McClaren. Fúck off. Just fúck off and go out there and try win some fúcking games you absolute cúnts.

Trotted out to toe the line.

If gouffran starts the championship beckons

Riviere .... :(

Memories of Paul Dalglish here, what a ****ing joke

Riverie Starting..FFS

Play doumbia or 2 up front.
    Hes so stubborn he wont admit hes got hes selection wrong time after time, so hell stick with it till were done for

I wouldn't believe that rabble if they told me the sky was blue.

We must be the poster boys for all talk, no action.

Show, don't tell lads :mad:

I've given up trying to make sense of McClaren's decisions. Astounding.

• Advertisement

Lovely
    Where are goals even going to come from

That's one of the most pathetic goals i've ever seen conceded. Shelvey battling for the ball and no one came to help him???

I'm lost for words here....

Backing the manager... Concede an own goal.... All over the place... Shambles.

He has to be sacked. He just has to be. Those players have downed tools.

• Advertisement

Playing for the manager my fúcking left bollock.

Yet another shambles. Going by the tenured of pardew and carver though he's sickeningly as safe as houses

And riviere comes off. 2 games in a town our manager gambles on two different players who have never produced. Both are shown **** they have to be subbed.

Experimental selections in our bloody predicament

Do these players know you can close down opposition players?

Never seen a team back off so much.

If you were sold the club as a top 4 stepping stone this would be a nice handy method to get away. Just sayin

This is the lowest of the low.

Pure and utter crap.

Useless useless bunch

Fúck off McClaren. Fúck off Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

For as bad as Newcastle have been, Shelvey has been immense.

Oh boy, Sunderland winning to add to the misery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement