Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

And Sunderland score. We're down lads.

You just knew Allardyce would get them out of it.

Hahaha he just ran 30 yards unchallenged!

Dear god this is the most spineless team i've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That is as disgusting a performance you're likely to see.

That 3rd goal was like playing Fifa on Amateur.

Get the ball, run the length of the pitch unchallenged and stick it in.

The real statement was made by the players on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

I have this recorded, is it really awful?

I have this recorded, is it really awful?

In 24 years supporting this club I can barely recall worse.

If you like torturing yourself then go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Telegraph reporting Moyes is ready to answer the SOS:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/12184711/David-Moyes-in-the-frame-to-take-over-at-Newcastle-United-as-Steve-McClaren-nears-the-exit-door.html

Easily enough to get you over the line this season and push on thereafter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Much rather have moyes than rodgers anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Can't see Moyes talking the job to be honest. He is a little too vocal?

Also he has had an alarming fall from grace recently (remind you of anyone) and is possibly finished himself.

Perhaps a 10 game contract with an option for both parties?

A major rethink in the summer and some fresh thinking, not the same old strategy.

Hearing plenty of rumours about an 8pm meeting at sjp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

Moneymaker wrote: »
    In 24 years supporting this club I can barely recall worse.

If you like torturing yourself then go for it.

You're right this is awful, Taylor OG and we dont like comfortable at all, how long did we have, three weeks without a game to work on structure and tactical disclipline..

How much have we paid for our team vs Bournmouth, McLaren has spent 83 million in the last window alone....

this is poison.

And these two games were after a 2 week trip to address the issues. We are worse since imo. We have offered absolutely nothing going forward in the last two

M5 wrote: »
    Can't see Moyes talking the job to be honest. He is a little too vocal?

Also he has had an alarming fall from grace recently (remind you of anyone) and is possibly finished himself.

Perhaps a 10 game contract with an option for both parties?

A major rethink in the summer and some fresh thinking, not the same old strategy.

Hearing plenty of rumours about an 8pm meeting at sjp.

Any credible sources reporting this meeting?

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Any credible sources reporting this meeting?

Telegraph reporting meeting

8pm lots of noise

Sacked during motd? Yes please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Benitez also being put in the frame. Knowing us it will be Rodgers or Sherwood, or both!

• Advertisement

Long meeting for a sacking.... It's either not happening or he's not getting sacked

Still waiting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭chewed

Moneymaker wrote:
    Still waiting...

Let's hope we see some white smoke!

cant believe he managed another smile/smirk during that interview!

Is this meeting still ongoing?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

Shearer was fairly irate on the whole situation on motd. Wanted to change the subject fairly sharpish.

Mike Ashley is a business man and knows the extra tv revenue available in the premiership these days... purely in business terms it would be a foolish decision not to appoint a new manager. It's plain to see a change has to be made. You've got to roll the dice and take a punt in a situation like this.

Or let's wait until before the Sunderland game to change manager... seems to work for them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Ardent

Something has to change, going down otherwise. Players are clearly not playing for McClaren. Expect Moyes or Pearson to get the job for the remainder of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Ardent

luder wrote: »
    Shearer was fairly irate on the whole situation on motd.

Yeah, he was about to go on a rant about Graham Carr, saying he had too much power at the club.

Carr was doing a good job a few years back but lately his recommendations have been flop after flop.

Crunch time and huge decision.

Surprised at how sluggish Newcastle have been, thought McLaren would bring boring lower midtable results. But changing now is high risk, he should be gone...but how many clubs have brought in a manager who has turned things around in just 10 games? Pearson at Leicester last season might have helped his cause, it is possible to turn things around with the same manager and a sense of urgency.

Ardent wrote: »
    Yeah, he was about to go on a rant about Graham Carr, saying he had too much power at the club.

Carr was doing a good job a few years back but lately his recommendations have been flop after flop.

I said it at the time, but the praise Carr got was far too over top anyway.

The way the press were going on you'd think he was unearthing gems from nowhere, when the reality was he was mostly recommending players from league and cup winning sides in Europe and/or full internationals from good national sides.

Paully D wrote: »
    I said it at the time, but the praise Carr got was far too over top anyway.

The way the press were going on you'd think he was unearthing gems from nowhere, when the reality was he was mostly recommending players from league and cup winning sides in Europe and/or full internationals from good national sides.

In fairness, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Santon and Tiote were all excellent in the seaosn they were brought in and helped us achieve that 5th place finish.

Since then, he's brought in crap after crap. That being said, bad management is also a bit to blame but bar Perez and Gigi it's been slim pickings lately.

That_Guy wrote: »
    In fairness, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Santon and Tiote were all excellent in the seaosn they were brought in and helped us achieve that 5th place finish.

Since then, he's brought in crap after crap. That being said, bad management is also a bit to blame but bar Perez and Gigi it's been slim pickings lately.

Yes I agree but it hardly took a scouting genius to find them. Cabaye had just won the double with Lille, Santon had played Champions League football for Inter Milan the year they won it under Mourinho along with double digit league games, Tiote had won leagues in Belgium and Holland, Ben Arfa was a Champions League regular and league winner with Marseille.

Fair enough Newcastle went ahead and actually bought them but many fans and the media were acting like he had pulled these players out of his arse.

Sissoko, Debuchy, Janmaat, winalsum and others have shown signs of promise but have all nose dived since joining the club. The argument could be made that the coaching is the reason for that.

Also, how many of these players are Carr 's 3rd or 4th choice? We just don't know

He's no super scout, that's for sure, how much share of the blame is very up in the air for me

Has he been sacked yet? If not, why not?

He's gone!!

EDIT: Scratch that. I think I fell for a hoax account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

I know this is going off subject but when you think back at the scandal that was chris houghtons sacking, that was the start of this ****e, pricks messing the club around ever since

• Advertisement

He's gone!!

EDIT: Scratch that. I think I fell for a hoax account.

Feck off will ya :pac:

tastyt wrote: »
    I know this is going off subject but when you think back at the scandal that was chris houghtons sacking, that was the start of this ****e, pricks messing the club around ever since

Houghton has us ticking along nicely, was bizarre sacking. Perfect fit for the current "system"

Rumours cropping up now that he's gone. I really don't think I'd like Pearson. Short term he may turn things around but long term I just don't see him being the answer.

Local papers running with it

Pearson? Another lucky, best case we stay up and he stays and gets a contract only to be sacked with 10 to go.

Worst case relegation and he stays

Pay Benitez 5 million if he keeps us up , both parties walk away at the end of the season

Ryder just tweeted and no mention...

If Ashley was remotely serious about "making our own luck"... Yeah right... he has got to break the shackles of mediocre failed managers and stop rewarding abject failure.

Some ambition would be nice.

Instead we'll get Tim Sherwood..... *shudders*

jesus i really wouldnt like Pearson, hes bizarrely getting a lot of praise for where Leicester are today when in fact he had the guts of the same team bottom of the league this time last year. Yes he got them out of trouble but came across as a total weirdo and asshole in interviews, and there was that strange incident where he got into a wrestling match on the touchline with a player. Id honestly prefer Sherwood. Now Im not saying hes a great manager but he done a lot of work with the youngsters coming through at Spurs and he at least had villa fighting unlike our lot.

Before I get torn to shreds im not saying I want Sherwood im just saying i think hes a better manager than given credit for because hes an arrogant ****er but i definitely dont want pearson. Wonder if Arry has got a call ??? :)

Charnley had 6 months and got ****ing McLaren, he has 6 days, shudder

• Advertisement

We won't have a man in place till after the Leicester game anyway, nobody wants that start

We won't have a man in place till after the Leicester game anyway, nobody wants that start

how reliable or strong are these rumours of his sacking?

Few old reliables running with it. 6/7 out of 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Don't get too panicked - he's still on the board. Club has way more issues than just a poor manager.

Icaras wrote: »
    Don't get too panicked - he's still on the board. Club has way more issues than just a poor manager.

Agree fully, but... Something has to give. 80m spent, 18 days to sort it out and we return worse than ever. 2 genuinely pathetic performances, bizarre selections of riviere and gouffran. Signs of a manager who has lost at least some of the dressing room

A new manager bounce, coupled with your attacking quality and remaining fixtures, will be more than enough to get you safe IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Pay Benitez 5 million if he keeps us up , both parties walk away at the end of the season

Would be the best case scenario.

Staying in the PL is well worth paying a top manager €5m for 9 games.

Paully D wrote: »
    A new manager bounce, coupled with your attacking quality and remaining fixtures, will be more than enough to get you safe IMO.

You've Sunderland are going down for years and they always stay up.

Stop saying we'll be fine please :pac:

If he's still here by Monday night im going to go mental.

11 o clock and he's still there, not happening folks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Bear with me here, but there's been no statement from the club and if he was keeping his job they would probably release a statement of full support of club etc, too much media speculation to not release a statement if he was staying. So maybe someone is lined up but won't take on the PL leaders for his first match, so fat head gets another few days and announcements after that??

Wishful thinking??

I eluded to that possibility, why keep on a dead man walking though. Get rid, commence search. Install new man after match on Monday, or just before the game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement