Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Nervous? Excited? Or apathetic? I haven't a clue what my mood is going into this match.

I expect us to lose, all I want to see is a better performance and for us to actually try and be competitive. Mbemba, Townsend and maybe Mbabu are back but Dummett is crocked now, no clue who plays LB. Colback I guess? Leicester have lost once at home all season and five clean sheets in their last six. Only one result makes sense even with Rafa there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

It was a good move by Rafa to be in place for this game...

Loose and no one would have expected him to change things around that quick.

Win or draw and the Rafa effect has taken hold ...

Its a win/win for Rafa imo

I reckon a sneaky draw might obtained tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Said it as he was appointed, but it's only fair on him to write this game off, you can't be expected to join a club stuck in the relegation zone and beat the league leaders away from home four days later, it just doesn't happen. The real introduction for Rafa will be the derby the following week, if that game is won, it'll knock the stuffing out of Sunderland and more than likely give the players and management the boost they need to stay up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

I'd be happy with a performance, some spirit, some fight, anything more a bonus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

We've got 2 games in hand against villa and Norwich, so we really need to get something out of these. A draw tonight and a win against the mackems would be ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

tastyt wrote: »
    Delighted, at last, there's a genuine buzz being a Newcastle fan again.

Ashley has been a total dickhead but the last year with the transfer funds and now this world class appointment he deserves credit

I'd say it's more to do with the new TV deal kicking in next season which guarantees 100m, rather than the long term future of the club.

Ashley and Rafa are the complete polar opposite of what you would want from an owner and a manager, i'd say he was promised a lot to take over in terms of funds but i don't see him backing him come the summer, i think it will turn sour quickly and Rafa might head off for Valencia.

I have a soft spot for Rafa, really like the guy and i hope he succeeds but i fear the worst!

I'd say it's more to do with the new TV deal kicking in next season which guarantees 100m, rather than the long term future of the club.

Ashley and Rafa are the complete polar opposite of what you would want from an owner and a manager, i'd say he was promised a lot to take over in terms of funds but i don't see him backing him come the summer, i think it will turn sour quickly and Rafa might head off for Valencia.

I have a soft spot for Rafa, really like the guy and i hope he succeeds but i fear the worst!

The club did that to Keegan who won a constructive dismissal case against them for the exact reasons you mentioned above. I'd like to think the club learned from that. Although their track record in that department isn't exactly stellar

lads, they have backed mclaren, what makes you think they wont back Rafa?

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    lads, they have backed mclaren, what makes you think they wont back Rafa?

I agree, but still don't trust the club at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Excited for this game now tonight! As always have a feeling we could get something, no doubt disappointment ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Rob Elliot; Daryl Janmaat, Steven Taylor, Jamaal Lascelles, Jack Colback; Vurnon Anita, Jonjo Shelvey (c); Moussa Sissoko, Georginio Wijnaldum, Ayoze Perez; Aleksandar Mitrovic

4-2-3-1 Again.

bit Dissapointed to not see doumbia get a game.

25 decent minutes down the drain.

****S SAKE. :mad::mad::mad:

Sissoko is completely brainless. Utter stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Sissoko is terrible.

Can't even manage simple passes. Not to mention crowding out he's own player

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

Sissoko is one of those rare players who gets worse everytime he plays, he looked good when we first signed him, but he's just totally regressed, offers nothing beyond some running

Never get the better of a close game, spirit crushing

Didn't deserve to lose but just not good enough.

Sad state of affairs if that mob are 5 points clear at the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Tough defeat that. Thought the performance and attitude was better, but wasted some good opportunities.

ya know we lost, but it was a good goal and a really soft free, referees never seem to give us frees like that, townsend went down in a similar way on the halfway line, nothing given, mitrovic fouled repeatedly nothing but anyway.
    I thought we were tight held possession well, didnt lose composure at all and didnt start hoofing long when in the past we would have,
    sissoko was terrible as usual but we made decent chances and on that display we will stay up, i really think we will

• Advertisement

Goal was offside too. And we had a penalty shout turned down :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

sissoko is in the frech squad ( and sometimes team ) ahead of Payet. Unbelievable really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

tastyt wrote: »
    sissoko is in the frech squad ( and sometimes team ) ahead of Payet. Unbelievable really

Pretty sure Payet had a falling out with the French manager... but I get what you're saying. He's atrocious.

We need a break, invariably goes against us.

Then again we create absolutely nothing. 3/4 games since we did barring a consolation against Bournemouth.

Rafa is miles apart from Pardew/McClaren in how he conducts himself in post match interviews.

Pure class.

really hard to know how to go about getting out of trouble.

Do you play really tight, organised and conservative, ensure we stay in every game and hope we pick up enough draws and a win or two to get us up the table or do we attack the poor enough sides we have left to face and maybe win 4 out of 9 and stay up that way??

Pretty sure rafa will choose option 1, hope we have the defenders and concentration to pull it off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

That_Guy wrote: »
    Rafa is miles apart from Pardew/McClaren in how he conducts himself in post match interviews.

Pure class.

Huh reading the future .. interviews not even on yet :))

smog wrote: »
    Huh reading the future .. interviews not even on yet :))

My particular broadcast had him on. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

My particular broadcast had him on. ;)

but you are/were right ;-)

Rafa specifically mentioned the "movement" of the players and it needs to be improved. Glad to hear. It's no surprise we can't score, the movement is just appalling.

That Leicester side were there for the taking. Bit more quality and a competent referee and we get at least a draw. I guess it speaks volumes that i'm disappointed with a defeat away to the league leaders.

****s sake West Brom.

Lose tomorrow and we're done.

I won't be able to even watch it. Literally ****ting myself just thinking about it.

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    ****s sake West Brom.

Lose tomorrow and we're done.

I won't be able to even watch it. Literally ****ting myself just thinking about it.

Norwich were always gonna pick up points, but can't argue that anything less than a win tomorrow dooms us :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Heading over to the game in the morning as I had thought it might be the last derby for a while, but after that Norwich win I'm starting to think we'll definitely be playing each other next season.

That Norwich win puts a bit of pressure on us now to come up with a result.

I think 9 points will keep us up but Sunderland and Norwich are the next two fixtures. Going to be bricking it tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm the same on this side of the divide. To be honest I'm tempted to just pop out for the afternoon.

I never thought I'd see us win six in a row in my lifetime and there's not a whole lot between the teams over the last few years (including this one) so the law of averages suggests you're going to win one eventually. With the new manager bounce that we've benefited from so many times over the last 4 seasons, there's no reason it shouldn't be tomorrow.

If Norwich beat us and yourselves (they play both of us at Carrow Road) then this is likely to be a fixture next season regardless.

Paully D wrote: »
    I'm the same on this side of the divide. To be honest I'm tempted to just pop out for the afternoon.

I never thought I'd see us win six in a row in my lifetime and there's not a whole lot between the teams over the last few years (including this one) so the law of averages suggests you're going to win one eventually. With the new manager bounce that we've benefited from so many times over the last 4 seasons, there's no reason it shouldn't be tomorrow.

If Norwich beat us and yourselves (they play both of us at Carrow Road) then this is likely to be a fixture next season regardless.

Loser of this is gone, crushing defeat.

Won't be watching myself, have family over on holidays. Probably for the best!

Ivd wish you luck, but you'd know I was lying!

Jesus, doesn't sound like anyone's going to see the match tomorrow, and I couldn't blame ye! I'll give it a look anyways to see if the new manager effect will do Newcastle a favour for a change, but there's an awful lot of pressure on both sides with so much at stake.

It'd be great to see them trounce Sunderland and get some payback, but I predict a very cagey draw or possibly a 1-0 win with everyone behind the ball for the second half defending the lead.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Jesus, doesn't sound like anyone's going to see the match tomorrow, and I couldn't blame ye! I'll give it a look anyways to see if the new manager effect will do Newcastle a favour for a change, but there's an awful lot of pressure on both sides with so much at stake.

It'd be great to see them trounce Sunderland and get some payback, but I predict a very cagey draw or possibly a 1-0 win with everyone behind the ball for the second half defending the lead.

Ya unfortunately I can see both teams freeze with fear tomorrow and play out a nil all, not really 2 managers to take a risk either.

0-0 or a moment of quality from most likely Defoe or please God one of gigi, jonjo or Perez.

I honestly believe we have bags more quality than Sunderland

I feel sick....

Please lets get a result!

Let's not have a god awful refereeing cock up again

Is there a match thread lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

MITRO!! get in

Atkinson was a ****ing disgrace.

Are we down lads? I don't think a point helps us much really. Thank God we didn't lose at least.

****e performance though. Rafa can only do so much.

Atkinson was a ****ing disgrace.

Are we down lads? I don't think a point helps us much really. Thank God we didn't lose at least.

****e performance though. Rafa can only do so much.

on that performance were gone for sure, no way i can see us staying up, we need wins and i have no idea where they will come from,

Importantly we didn't lose lads. I still think we're in it.

Let's save the doom and gloom and just rejoice in this picture.

12805687_10154103957114940_4505517422527209258_n.jpg?oh=656f00eeafd4ef3ec36d64f8692153b1&oe=5794598C

Lads will ye please stop the doom and gloom for a little bit. Rafa has stopped the derby rot, we looked decent in the second half and got the equalizer we deserved.

Wer far from gone, we have a game in hand on Norwich. I think rafa will do enough to keep us up, he already showed he knows how to affect a game with subs unlike our last few managers, he's improving us already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Importantly we didn't lose lads. I still think we're in it.

Let's save the doom and gloom and just rejoice in this picture.

12805687_10154103957114940_4505517422527209258_n.jpg?oh=656f00eeafd4ef3ec36d64f8692153b1&oe=5794598C

No comments complaining about the fan running on to the pitch? I remember the outrage on here when a Sunderland fan ran on to the pitch during a derby a few years ago. :pac:

I've ranted about Atkinson once already but he really was a complete disgrace today. We could easily have had two penalties. I went absolutely ballistic when he called a foul on Mitro for the shoulder tackle. Outrageous.

Norwich is must win now. Lose and we are for sure down. I see Palace getting dragged into it too.

Paully D wrote: »
    No comments complaining about the fan running on to the pitch? I remember the outrage on here when a Sunderland fan ran on to the pitch during a derby a few years ago. :pac:

Did he not try to land a punch on Harper in the process? Nothing like that here Paully

On Mitro, every game we have commentators talking about his "violent and aggressive nature".

It's fúcking ridiculous. Whatever about his rocky start to the season, he has barely been involved with anything out of the ordinary at all.

Then you have commentators actively encouraging teams to have a little kick at him etc to rile him up. Pathetic, yet refs do absolutely nothing when opposition are all over him to try and win balls. Outrageous.

• Advertisement

We simply have to beat Norwich now.

Will we? I doubt it tbh. Rafa can only do so much and we have too many players not fit for purpose.

Colback, Sissoko can **** off. Perez was a big letdown yesterday, Rafa has shown a lot of faith in him and he's failed to deliver.

Advertisement