Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Bleeding heck. Mitrooo the heroo..

Ruddy unlucky there.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

Here goes!

Wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

COME ON!!!

I love Mitrovic

That_Guy wrote: »
    I love Mitrovic

Why no start today though, something strange there?

Oh ffs...

I'm sick.

Oh ffs...
    And that's that!

• Advertisement

Ha. Handball in the build up for their 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Cruellest way possible as always

When you get one point from Sunderland and Norwich you are going down. Simple as that. Looks like we'll take Sunderland with us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Still have the derby next year anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Utterly typical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I don't even know what to say.

Taylor turning his back on the ball. Good lad.

• Advertisement

We spend 80 million and get worse. The stupid policies at the club that everyone warned the club would get them relegated has gotten them relegated. How many experimental seasons with the same result does it take for the club to learn?

Everyone saw this happening. Everyone!

I just... Ugh. I can't believe this shíte.

Have to ask why Mitrovic didn't start? 3 in 2 and we play Cisse who has scored not been a goalscorer in 3 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Ouch.

M5 wrote: »
    Have to ask why Mitrovic didn't start? 3 in 2 and we play Cisse who has scored not been a goalscorer in 3 years

Every so often Cisse gets a start because the manager thinks "well he was brilliant once, let's see if he can recapture that form" and inevitably, he always fails to do so.

Expected more from Rafa to be honest. The championship will be no cakewalk next year with the attitude within the squad. Worst part is that there'll be yet another new manager in the summer because Rafa has his get-out clause.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Every so often Cisse gets a start because the manager thinks "well he was brilliant once, let's see if he can recapture that form" and inevitably, he always fails to do so.

Expected more from Rafa to be honest. The championship will be no cakewalk next year with the attitude within the squad.

All the players sold the club as a stepping stone.
    Players with timid attitude signed.
    No leaders

You reap what you sow. None of them will want to stay, unlike the last time with Barton and Nolan who were everything the current crop are not.

More basic stuff. Ashley surrounded himself with yes men from top to bottom. Nobody said "this is not working"

I would bet that the club won't take up the option to keep Benitez even if he wants to stay

I have said they this model will get us relegated for at least 3 years, and I'm not alone in saying it either.

How in the name of he'll has nobody at the club realised that?

It's absolutely staggering

Charnley will be fired.

And then Mike in his infinite wisdom will bring in another chump who isn't fit for purpose.

We won't come back up this time.

At least his tanking business won't be kept afloat by the TV money. I'll take whatever silver lining I can get.

M5 wrote: »
    I have said they this model will get us relegated for at least 3 years, and I'm not alone in saying it either.

How in the name of he'll has nobody at the club realised that?

It's absolutely staggering

The arrogance of the hierarchy has killed it. Banning journalists who spoke out against the regime and the way its run.

It's not even a football club anymore. It's just a badly run business who can't admit that every decision has been as disastrous as the last one.

Fans deserve better but are the ones who suffer most. Idiots who know nothing about football ruining what was once actually a pastime for many.

Players who don't give a shít.

Recruitment policies killing any ambition in favour of a quick buck.

An owner who can't admit he was wrong in anything he does. Who want fúck off and just leave the club to someone who will actually want the best for the club rather than combining personal business with the running of the club.

If this is the hit we have to take to get Ashley to piss off, so be it. I'm not happy about it. I won't be happy about playing in the Championship but we might actually have the guts of a well run football club I can get passionate about again rather than slating it week in and week out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Gonzo.

At least Sunderland will be joining us..... So we can gift them their usual six points in the Championship too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

At least the players are showing heart, fight, desire and quality that will convince Benitez to stay even when we go down... Oh wait

I'm still reeling from this defeat today. The one player who looks like he gives a shít sitting on the bench. Why Mitro didn't start the game today is beyond me.

The really sad thing is, we have 3 or 4 players (Perez, Mitro, Gigi, Mbemba) that we really should be building around but we have failed to do so and we'll not see them again once we go down.

Darlow, Lascelles, Toney, Armstrong, Mbabu. That'll be the sort of player we'll be relying on getting us back up.

Worryingly is the managerial appointment. Rafa is not going to stay. Don't blame him. He deserves a club that gives a toss. Who can get us up? Moyes? I doubt he'd take this sinking ship.

It's a bleak future until Ashley pisses off and a realistic buyer comes to the forefront. But I'll be fúcking delighted when he loses 100 million of TV money in the same year that profits for Sports Direct are crumbling and that he's being fined 14 million.

Surely ... at this point he needs to walk into the dressing room before every game and offer every man in the matchday panel 100K for 3pts ...

It seems to be all they are motivated by

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

He should have told them about ten games ago he wasnt paying them, cos I havent seen them play football in a long time

• Advertisement

That squad, those players will get ripped a new on in the championship.

I now dont hold out any more hope. We are down.

The chances of benitez seeing what he likes in the squad enough for him to stay on are diminishing rapidly too.

Any one have a spare Accrington Stanley scarf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Well, it was good while it lasted...

*"it" being the PL and "good" meaning fcuking disastrous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

Considering our last few seasons, atleast we arent going to be linked with this doctor admitting to providing PEDs to footballers, boxers, cricketters(Why do the need PEDs :p), cyclists, ...

:D

Palace v Norwich
    Southampton v ourselves
    Sunderland v Leicester (tomorrow)

16th - Crystal Palace (34pts)
    17th - Norwich City (31pts)
    18th - Sunderland (27pts)
    19th - Newcastle United (25pts)
    20th - Aston Villa (16pts)

We need both Norwich and Sunderland to lose but more importantly, we need to win. I just don't see it.

Palace haven't won all year and have picked up 4 points in the last 4 months.

Norwich are turning it around and will be buoyed by that late winner last week. If they win, Sunderland, us and Villa are gone.

I do think Sunderland will actually give Leicester a game tomorrow which worries me because they know how to get out of these positions. We on the other hand have zero fight.

The table looks ominous every time I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Sickening we have to rely on that weasel pardew doing us a favour today. He can't lose today

Team today:

Darlow, Janmaat, Taylor, Mbemba, Anita, Townsend, Shelvey, Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Perez, Mitrovic

SUBS: Dummett, Woodman, Lascelles, Tiote, De Jong, Obertan, Cisse

What happened to Saivet and Doumbia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Team today:

Darlow, Janmaat, Taylor, Mbemba, Anita, Townsend, Shelvey, Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Perez, Mitrovic

Ye have hardly used him, Id have killed to have him at the villa. I hope ye stay up, fancy ye beating us for players/managers next year if ye go down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

Team today:

They are poor players, Saivet can run a bit, Doumbia can run in a straight line, and eh, thats about it.

• Advertisement

Nice of them to end it quickly this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Only took a few mins for them to give in. Every game is must win and these boys don't have the balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

greenman09 wrote: »
    Only took a few mins for them to give in. Every game is must win and these boys don't have the balls
    Agreed. They don't seem to have the stomach for a fight.

*awaits inevitable Newcastle fightback now*

I can't justify watching these fúcking cowards anymore. Pathetic. Watching the game for the sake of watching it because it's what I've always done.

Joyless.

How Steven Taylor still gets in this team is beyond me. The man is a complete and utter spoofer.

Not one single shot on target in that half. Abysmal lads.

Rafa's legacy clearly doesn't mean that much to him, most of the fault is on the players but he looks like he's just there for a payday until the end of the season.

Rafa's legacy clearly doesn't mean that much to him, most of the fault is on the players but he looks like he's just there for a payday until the end of the season.

I can't fault Rafa in any way for this. The players stopped giving a fúck a long time ago.

This was never his fault. Poor recruitment and poor management of the club is why we will always be in the mire.

The cynic in me would suggest that poor season ticket renewals meant they had to do something to try and get people back onside. A token gesture to fans the board have rode consistently for the last god knows how many years.

• Advertisement

I can't fault Rafa in any way for this. The players stopped giving a fúck a long time ago.

This was never his fault. Poor recruitment and poor management of the club is why we will always be in the mire.

The cynic in me would suggest that poor season ticket renewals meant they had to do something to try and get people back onside. A token gesture to fans the board have rode consistently for the last god knows how many years.

I can. The Rafa I know doesn't put up with bad attitudes, unless you're fully committed to his ideas and tactics, you won't start and you'll be lucky to get a place on the bench. Robbie Keane at Liverpool a notable example, he wanted to bench Ronaldo at Madrid being another.

If Rafa cared enough (and keep in mind I am of course a big fan of his from his Liverpool days, I do t want to be overly critical), he'd be able to stop the rot, and Sissoko wouldn't be anywhere near the first team, others too but he's the biggest waster there.

I can. The Rafa I know doesn't put up with bad attitudes, unless you're fully committed to his ideas and tactics, you won't start and you'll be lucky to get a place on the bench. Robbie Keane at Liverpool a notable example, he wanted to bench Ronaldo at Madrid being another.

If Rafa cared enough (and keep in mind I am of course a big fan of his from his Liverpool days, I do t want to be overly critical), he'd be able to stop the rot, and Sissoko wouldn't be anywhere near the first team, others too but he's the biggest waster there.
    We cant keep blaming manager after manager after manager ... If the players cant perform under a manager like Rafa it says more about them than the manager imho!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

I have tried to be ultra positive all season in the face of this ****e but it's hitting home now, get ready for exciting trips to Bristol, Rotherham and Preston next season.

**** this football

The problem Marty is that we have nobody else. He could probably bring in the kids but it'd be highly unfair on them.

This isn't his team and has had fúck all time to try and implement a winning formula.

The rot has been there for years. Whatever about Sissoko, the attitude is rife throughout the squad.
    In reading what local journos (Mark Douglas etc) have said, Rafa has had a good impact on the training ground etc. The players just don't have the bottle.

I don't know what else he can do with this team. Having zero defenders to work with is killing him.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    We cant keep blaming manager after manager after manager ... If the players cant perform under a manager like Rafa it says more about them than the manager imho!

Yeah I won't dispute that the players still need to pull the finger out, but Rafa use to be absolutely ruthless, I haven't seen the under-performers being dropped yet, Rafa is a guy who needs to entire dressing room to be behind him which adds up when you look at how a bad run of results for his teams often coincides with problems with owners and other off the pitch issues.

If the players can't get behind Rafa, he never stood a chance of keeping them up in the first place. So in essence I'm agreeing with both of you but I'd expect Rafa to take no shît and the fact is he that he isn't making any sweeping changes (has he had an opportunity to do so? Not a huge one, but leaving things as they are won't do). There's a lot of players in that first team squad that have no business being there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement