Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Sunderland looking good to pick up at least a point here if not 3. If so, yesterday's point is looking pretty meaningless for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Now I'm completely convinced; Sunderland are definitely safe. Crystal Palace look even more likely to get relegated than Sunderland :L Lads I hate to admit it but we're down unfortunately :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

We need average teams who have checked out to beat Sunderland. Dunno lads, looks grim. Unless we thump palace and villa we have no hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Palace winning today could shift their focus, although Id say Padrew would love to send us down the f**ker

Icaras wrote: »
    Palace winning today could shift their focus, although Id say Padrew would love to send us down the f**ker

It's the perfect result for us. Watford play Norwich and Sunderland. As little as they will have to play for, they won't have a cup final on the horizon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

We just have to focus on Palace next and secure 3 points. Can't control anything else. Then we shift focus to Villa and try do the same.

Depending on the way results are come the final game of the season - we could be playing a Spurs side that are confirmed 2nd place and likely to be in cruise control ahead of the Euros with most of their players.

All comes back to the initial point though - we have to beat Palace. If we don't, we're gone.
    Watford could be 3pts for Norwich & Sunderland given their season is over and manager looks set to depart.

We have to hope - but prepare for life in the Championship all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

It really is the hope that kills you.

That said, it's hard not to enjoy the last 3 games. We've played relatively well and shown a bit of fight but it only teases the question "What if..?"

They're just teasing us with what we could be. Instead, we're left with what we are.

Like I've said before, I can't blame Rafa for anything. He has us looking like a solid team. His reputation won't be shaken either. He's left us with a fighting chance and that's all we can ask of him.

I think we're down myself. I'm almost resigned to it. Like I said.. Hope. It gets the better of you.

I don't even want to think of what we could achieve with Rafa because it's a gesture made too little and far too late by the club for me to really get excited about it.

Palace will be a tough game and we need to make sure our lads are up for the fight to beat them. Nothing is in our hands but we have to make sure that we have a grip on proceedings right to the very end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

that spurs result tonight could be huge for us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    that spurs result tonight could be huge for us!

Dele Alli will be suspended too. Palace (H), Villa (A) and Spurs (H) with none of them having anything to play for. Excellent fixtures all things considered.

Unbelievably you can still get 3/1 on Newcastle to stay up which is a crazy price IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Paully D wrote: »
    Dele Alli will be suspended too. Palace (H), Villa (A) and Spurs (H) with none of them having anything to play for. Excellent fixtures all things considered.

Unbelievably you can still get 3/1 on Newcastle to stay up which is a crazy price IMO.

Will you stop at this lark :pac:

Spurs fixture doesn't matter a tot if we don't beat Palace. One game at a time.

Sunderland/Norwich could make results irrelvant anyway.

we have had 7? wins this season and some think we will get 3 from 3, hmmmm

M5 wrote: »

Grim stats for sure but look at how we're playing now in comparison to how McClaren had us set up.

Clinging to the tiniest of straws here but I wouldn't be surprised if Rafa has gone in there and said, "listen, I'll be staying here if we stay up. We could do great things with this club but I need you to show the fight for me and these fans" etc etc

Rafa speech > Schteeeve speech

Coupled with the fact that he's dropped players who are underperforming means that there's slight competition there despite a lack of strength in depth.

Again. Clutching at straws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

With Rafa we can. Just about anyone else we'd be down but we still have to hope Sunderland **** up somewhere.

I wish I had Paully's "optimism" :pac:

Oh i agree that things have improved and the belief is tangible. However its still a big ask. Fingers crossed but i would think it unlikely. That said if we win all 3 we'll stay up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Deli Alli suspended for last 3 games, if spurs have anything to play for ( fingers crossed they don't) one of there main scoring threats is banned.

• Advertisement

fitzparker wrote: »
    Deli Alli suspended for last 3 games, if spurs have anything to play for ( fingers crossed they don't) one of there main scoring threats is banned.

Next up: Harry Kane

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fhomerize.com%2F_framegrabs%2F3F10%2Ffg_315.jpg&hash=0eb2426c4bb26a90dadab4a06d07f096

Simply not working hard enough. Not enough movement or closing. Palace always have a pass on, we dont, simply down to them working harder.

Not being dominated hut we are 2nd best so far

Need to change this and quickly

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Townsend looks a bit off today, losing the ball consistently.

Better

• Advertisement

You'd not guess which team had nothing to play for here. Just not enough urgency at all. Kick up the arse needed at half time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Rafa has managed to turn Mbemba and Lascelles into Thuram and Desailly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

You'd not guess which team had nothing to play for here. Just not enough urgency at all. Kick up the arse needed at half time

Rafa has been a master at changing things at half time so far. You've been much better in the second half of every game of his reign so far that I can remember. He will get it sorted.

Sunderland and Stoke is horrific by the way. 0-0 at half time but Stoke look the more likely.

Cisse off and quick. Whatever about the goal he scored last week, he has been nothing short of disgraceful today.

Can't pass, can't shoot, can't move into good positions, can't hold the ball up.

Mitro isn't exactly a world beater but he has a presence and can at least hold the ball up and cause some problems.

Palace's timewasting tactics are frustrating as hell to watch. Ref needs to control the bloody game and start dishing out cards.

2nd half up the hill when we couldn't cope going downhill. Huge effort required

Come on Stoke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Need mitro... even if its his ability to rise the crowd

Best spell of the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Townsend you beauty! :D

Get in

• Advertisement

E4SDR5TYVUBINJKOMJNIBHUVGYCFDTXRETWZQR£EZTRXYBHIUJNOKML~~~~!!!

Love that Townsend chap! :pac:

He's been poor today! That is a cracker though!

COME ON T'FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Just scared the shïte out of the dog screaming! What a goal.

Need to go full Rafa-mode now and tighten it up, nothing to suggest Palace can turn it around so don't give them the chance.

Duff wrote: »
    Just scared the shïte out of the dog screaming! What a goal.

My dog is completely deaf but I'll be getting odd looks from the neighbours next time I see them.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Need to go full Rafa-mode now and tighten it up, nothing to suggest Palace can turn it around so don't give them the chance.

Jasus, I dunno if I could handle that

Jasus Colback man

• Advertisement

Jasus, I dunno if I could handle that

Trust me, Rafa knows how to hold onto a lead when the chips are down, he's done it often enough at Liverpool. Whether the players can do it is another matter entirely, he's never had such a mediocre bunch tbf (there's hidden quality and potential there for sure though).

The rest of the season will be very much "heart in mouth" time, let alone the rest of this game.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Trust me, Rafa knows how to hold onto a lead when the chips are down, he's done it often enough at Liverpool. Whether the players can do it is another matter entirely, he's never had such a mediocre bunch tbf (there's hidden quality and potential there for sure though).

The rest of the season will be very much "heart in mouth" time, let alone the rest of this game.

Oh it's the players I am worried about!

Like I said

Peno?! What a load of bollocks.

****ing bell end

What the actual?!

• Advertisement

What the fu??

Darlow you feckin LEGEND! I've given him enough stick but fair does to ya! :)

Lads, I can't deal with this.

hahahahahaah yes. Fck off Cabaye

Finding it quite hard to breathe at the moment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement