Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

We're down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

tastyt wrote: »
    Sunderland ****ing winning

So we have to win or we are done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

M5 wrote: »
    So we have to win or we are done
    Don't think it matters were gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Fcuking Chelsea always bottle it against Sunderland, everytime there's an important game between the two Chelsea roll over for them pretty much.

Awaiting the inevitable beach ball deflection winner for villa

• Advertisement

Villa ***** playing like their lives depend on it and Chelsea.cant be ****ed

Knew the good form wouldn't last, spineless bunch barely even going for it, it's like they've given up.

If you can't beat Villa, relegation is fully deserved unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Funny how Villa all of a sudden are throwing themselves at shots and blocking everything.

I ****ing hate Jermain Defoe. I hate him.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Funny how Villa all of a sudden are throwing themselves at shots and blocking everything.

I ****ing hate Jermain Defoe. I hate him.

JT and Defoe are sworn enemies now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

****ing shower of spineless *****. **** this team.

• Advertisement

Bet Paully is running around saying they'll still go down :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

That's it boys, at least we went down with sort of a fight. Should have won that game 3 or 4 nil but our finishing let us down.

Worst thing is, we finally get someone in who could have steered this club on the right path and he will be gone by next Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

I reckon Benitez will end up at everton if he doesn't keep ye up, he's done about as well as can be expected.

We should be used to this lads, 3rd season in a row the points we donated to them keep them up.

Never mind the 25 years of games like this going against us.

If you could write a worst case scenario you'd struggle to come up with worse.

Always the short end of the stick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

If you can't beat that Villa team you deserve to go down.

Newcastle just didn't have the players to stay up. The likes of Colback and Cisse are appalling.

Ardent wrote: »
    If you can't beat that Villa team you deserve to go down.

Newcastle just didn't have the players to stay up. The likes of Colback and Cisse are appalling.

There are worse players in the Sunderland team than both of those. It's McLaren that got us relegated. With Benitez at the helm we would have been safe 2 month ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

GreNoLi wrote: »
    I reckon Benitez will end up at everton if he doesn't keep ye up, he's done about as well as can be expected.

Not a fear of that. He'd be hated from day 1 by the blues fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

The only thing Mike Ashley did right in the last 3 years was to appoint Benitez. But that came too late. McClaren was a disastrous appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

Ardent wrote: »
    The only thing Mike Ashley did right in the last 3 years was to appoint Benitez. But that came too late. McClaren was a disastrous appointment.

Charnley not being able to admit he was wrong and give McLaren the boot was criminal, Continental DoF/owners are deemed trigger happy when it comes to sacking managers, we are the opposite, appoint ****e, and hold on to it until it becomes completely untenable and too late to do anything else.

Doesn't bear thinking about who'll be manager next season, probably someone along the lines of Steve Evans or Gary Megson.

It certainly won't be Rafa though.

• Advertisement

Sticking with McClown after the Chelsea debacle is what relegated us. Simple as that.

I'd argue hiring him in the first place doomed us(I wanted him gone in October and I was ridiculed for it on here) but that was what sealed it.

Oh well, at least we might win some games next season. I really enjoyed the season we had down there last time. No loss to see the likes of Wijanldum, Cisse, Sissoko and Coloccni fuuck off anyway. Probably lose Perez and Townsend too which is a shame but if we keep Lascelles, Mitro, Aaron and Arma I think we'll be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Gutted after watching that. And for then to see Sunderland won v Chelsea. Just not good enough for this league

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

So ****ing depressing.

Who is going to manage us?? Like seriously??

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Sticking with McClown after the Chelsea debacle is what relegated us. Simple as that.

I'd argue hiring him in the first place doomed us(I wanted him gone in October and I was ridiculed for it on here) but that was what sealed it.

Oh well, at least we might win some games next season. I really enjoyed the season we had down there last time. No loss to see the likes of Wijanldum, Cisse, Sissoko and Coloccni fuuck off anyway. Probably lose Perez and Townsend too which is a shame but if we keep Lascelles, Mitro, Aaron and Arma I think we'll be ok.

Not sure you were ridiculed for it tbf. I was always of the opinion "wait and see"

His own stupid judge me after 10, then when that was ****, after 12,after Christmas.

He should have been sacked after game 10. The Chelsea game was the time to do it. The training camp they let that clown run would have been ideal

So ****ing depressing.

Dennis Wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Sherwood
    Bruce ( if not promoted with hull )
    Warburton
    Gary monk

I remember seeing an interview with Ginola a while back and he said he was doing his badges and looking at management. He spoke brilliantly about his attitude with players and approach.

Now that would be such a breath of fresh air, because let's face it we aren't going shopping in the same market that we got Benitez in for our next manager.

Btw that list isn't a list of managers I want, just the names I think will be mentioned

So ****ing depressing.

I'd be more worried about what the squad will look like, too many spineless dross on big wages, that wont cut it in the championship, we'll have to ship out all that French ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Those two chances Colback and Mitro had will haunt me.

It's all about 'what if?' with this club.

'What if' they had scored those chances?

'What if' we sacked McClaren after the Chelsea game?

'What if' Rafa was in charge longer than he had?

'What if' we stayed up? What could we achieve next season?

I was resigned to relegation before Rafa took over. Gave us some hope but ultimately the players can't handle pressure and absolutely bottled it today.

Thanks for trying Rafa but your services are better suited to clubs who aren't spineless run by people trying to run it on the cheap.

If anything, I'm delighted Ashley will feel the hit financially. Gutted for the fans obviously but I said before if relegation is the price we have to pay to get Charnley and that odious prick out then I'm all for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Cant beat villa = DESERVE to go down

They have been rubbish and their fans are planning a huge protest.

We have to as fans assume we'll beat them, the players on the other hand can take nothing for granted!

Mmmmh.... i stand by this... we dont belong in this division!

• Advertisement

Not watching the Sunderland game.

Saturday was hard enough, seeing Newcastle getting relegated by Sunderland is the last thing I want to watch.

Expecting a toxic atmosphere on Saturday; hopefully there's a huge boycott.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Expecting a toxic atmosphere on Saturday; hopefully there's a huge boycott.

I can see why but maybe this once we need the opposite.... benitez needs convincing to stay, fans turning on the players wont do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Well that's that then. Be an interesting few months for this club.

3-0 Sunderland.

It's over. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Benitez would have kept ye up with more time. The move came too late. Happy enough to see the owner lose a few quid though.

First off, congrats to Sunderland. I'm not a sore loser. They deserve it. They wanted it more then us and they haven't made the mistakes we have. They bought well in January. Kirchoff and Kone have been inspired singings.

The clowns at the club have one job now. Keep Rafa. At all costs. Will they? I'm not holding my breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Really can't see Rafa sticking around to manage in the Championship

Rafa will not say, sooner people accept that the better.

Just read a statistic that we've only won 11 games since November 2014, how were we not relegated sooner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Gutted after seeing the results tonight lads. Was hoping you'd survive and Rafa would return you to former glory.

Best of luck next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Cant have any complaints, if we cant beat Villa we dont deserve to stay up. If you look at the preformance of Newcastle and Sunderland last Saturday there was a world of difference.

We've lost that many games and put in absolutely garbage fight in recent years that I'm not actually sure if I'll even miss the Premier League. Gutted for all the Toon fans, but delighted for that dat **** Ashley to lose out on some revenue and hopefully this is the final straw and there's a complete overhaul of the club from the board down. Won't hold my breath though. Not a chance Rafa will stay, he'd be mad to as well.

I want to see that squad torched. Keep Lascelles, Elliot, Darlow, Ayoze, Mitro, Aarons, Mbemba and Townsend if he wants to stay, the rest need to be scrapped, spineless crap, completely useless, get as much as you can and bring in real professionals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

not to worry lads...The process of scrutinising what went wrong and planning for what is to come has already begun.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20160511/statement-from-lee-charnley_2281670_5562332

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It's not a dig before anyone says it, but Newcastle were comfortably one of the highest spenders in Europe this season with over £75m spent. Crazy.

Charnley has a face I'd never get tired of punching. Incompetent imbecile.

Fair play to Sunderland, hit form when they needed to.

The fans need to respond for the final game against Spurs. If there is any hope of Rafa being at Newcastle next season, then they need to show their support.

They're be plenty of opportunities to have a go at the board next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

I know it was said before, but if we couldn't beat Villa both home and away this season, we deserve to go down!

The only consolation is that we may start winning some games next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

2 days before Rafa came in I conceded to relegation, gave myself false hope after the results picked up but knew and said earlier Villa will F us up.

looking at the team next year with what we "think/want" will hang around

Elliot
    Anita lacelles Mbemba Dummett

Townsend colback shelvey?(or anyone else) Perez

Mitro Armstrong

is this a team that can get us up?

compare that to the starting line up of the first game of the season in our last campaign in the championship:

NUFC: Steve Harper, Ryan Taylor, Jose Enrique, Steven Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini, Alan Smith (c), Jonas Gutierrez, Damien Duff, Kevin Nolan, Shola Ameobi, Andy Carroll

Subs: Tim Krul, Tamas Kadar, Geremi, Kazenga LuaLua, Joey Barton, Xisco, Nile Ranger.

personally i think its going to be a tough season unless we sign proven championship players and probably Norwich are best equipped (on current squad) out of the 3 down

I can't see us holding onto Townsend, he has been too good over the recent games to be ignored.

Perez looked uninterested this season and will push for a move I reckon. Back to Spain would be my guess.

It's hard to say with Mitrovic. Hasn't proven himself as a goal scorer so I don't see many teams lining up for him. But some might like his hunger and attitude and could take a punt on him if the price is right.

Nobody will take Shelvey with his wages.

The thing about this side and the one that got relegated the last time is that there was a strong core of players who were willing to get stuck in and fight for the club. Barton, Nolan, Carroll, Krul, Enrique and Smith was a strong core of players. Even Colo and Taylor were good that season.

I don't see that in this side.

• Advertisement
Advertisement