Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

thats terrible , really feel for him :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Since Ryan Taylor's gone, we've really lost our way. Why did we bring Gouffran on? Bring another striker on surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Taylor not having any luck is he?

Sucker punch on the cards here

MOUSSA!!!!

Get in!

• Advertisement

Running over to Ryan Taylor to celebrate with him? Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Ha this is brilliant!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Happy days. Not a great performance but we were fairly solid, another 3 points in the bag. Grand.

Hope Raylor is ok. He walked off so hopefully its not serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

https://twitter.com/taylorr1984/status/536266266865303553

https://twitter.com/taylorr1984/status/536266709255348225

Good news on the Raylor front, hopefully he'll be back in a couple of weeks, if even that.

• Advertisement

Saipanne wrote: »
    Nice.

No one happy?

So, about that elephant in the room, pardew???

tastyt wrote: »
    So, about that elephant in the room, pardew???

This place is awful quiet when things go well, eh?

Going to take more than a month of good results to make up for 2.5 years of absolute tripe I'm afraid.

That said, its amazing what happens when you play your best players in position (sisoko) and have the balls to drop under-preforming players (Gouffran, Williamson)

This place is awful quiet when things go well, eh?

:rolleyes:

M5 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Its true...

Its true...

Based on your sample size of 5 months....

Based on your sample size of 5 months....

I've been on boards for years. You guys simply love having a moan, and don't know what to do when you succeed. I'm being sincere when I say, I honestly don't know why you lot bother. I really don't.

I've been on boards for years. You guys simply love having a moan, and don't know what to do when you succeed. I'm being sincere when I say, I honestly don't know why you lot bother. I really don't.

firstly when did we "succeed"

secondly Thread crated 4th of October, we last lost 29th of September, your point is invalid. 100% of all posts in this thread have come on a non loosing run

Thirdly, if you are just going to nip in now and again to have a pop, jog on!

firstly when did we "succeed"

secondly Thread crated 4th of October, we last lost 29th of September, your point is invalid. 100% of all posts in this thread have come on a non loosing run

Thirdly, if you are just going to nip in now and again to have a pop, jog on!

I've been viewing this thread for years. Try to understand that fact first and report back.

• Advertisement

I've been viewing this thread for years. Try to understand that fact first and report back.

nonsense

nonsense

Nope. Its true. I've been around since 2005, I think.

Of all the super threads on the soccer forum, this is by far the most negative. So much so that even when the team is on a winning run, you guys will either find a problem with it, or just stay silent.

Just cheer up! The team is doing well, for once! Enjoy it!

Nope. Its true. I've been around since 2005, I think.

Of all the super threads on the soccer forum, this is by far the most negative. So much so that even when the team is on a winning run, you guys will either find a problem with it, or just stay silent.

Just cheer up! Your team is doing well, for once! Enjoy it!

I have posted in here regularly since registering, you are either on the wind up or mistaken (judging by your previous forays in here its the former).

The promotion season, the 5h place finish even the first season after promotion were all positive times and there were plenty of posts, overwhelmingly positive. Other than that we have been relegated once, nearly relegated twice and finished lower middle table most of the rest of the time. Perhaps we should celebrate a 12th place finish? Positive posting follows positive results.

Perhaps, in our eyes, we should forget the 1 win in 210 days now and laud the "messiah" Pardew, Oh wait that's the other stereotype

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Going for the Everton game myself. Can't wait. :)
    Decent game from Cabella.
    much improved
    Perezs effort and desire to chase things down warms my heart.

Edit: Almost a 2nd for him. Great save.
    Abeid, Colback and Dummett all very solid.

Perez and Janmatt outstanding.

5 in a row lads. Bloody hell.
    This is unreal lads. I'm really really impressed with abeid. He's as strong and quick over the ground as tiote but also has a brain . And janmaat, how did we actually manage to get him, looks every bit a champions league player.

Happy days, please Newcastle don't do your usual thing of going the next couple of months with barely a win, don't break our hearts again !!
    PauloConn wrote: »
    Janmaat in my FF team as well as Krul. Pure legends.
    Great to finally hit a big purple patch. Its just surreal following them though
    That_Guy wrote: »
    MOUSSA!!!!
    Get in!
    Ha this is brilliant!!
    Happy days. Not a great performance but we were fairly solid, another 3 points in the bag. Grand.

Hope Raylor is ok. He walked off so hopefully its not serious.

negativity from the last week or so

negativity from the last week or so

That's more like it guys! You're winning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Its that we are waiting for the inevitable kick up the hole. If I could belive come Januray we wont sell out best players, will strengthen the squad a litlle and push on to try to qualify for the Europa league I would be happy but looking historically I am not optimistic.

Icaras wrote: »
    Its that we are waiting for the inevitable kick up the hole. If I could belive come Januray we wont sell out best players, will strengthen the squad a litlle and push on to try to qualify for the Europa league I would be happy but looking historically I am not optimistic.

So why is the focus on pardew, then? These seem like boardroom decisions. If anything, pardew isn't doing too badly under constrained circumstances.

Leaving aside his unruly behaviour...

So why is the focus on pardew, then? These seem like boardroom decisions. If anything, pardew isn't doing too badly under constrained circumstances.

Leaving aside his unruly behaviour...

Pardew is as Symptom of the disease that is Mike Ashley

Hes a Patsy, constantly buttering up MA and throwing the toys out of the pram when pushed on any of his waffle (he did the same a WHU). Dedicating wins to MA (even when they are few and far between), constantly towing the company line even when its completely ridiculous

He's frightfully arrogant, tactically inept (Completely changed playing style post 5ht place finish). He has a long history of falling out with talented players both and NUFC, WHU, Southampton

He's a league 1 manager who is only there because he is cheap and does what he is told. Any other club would have sacked him 18 months ago when we went from 5th to almost being relegated, never mind giving him another season of abject failure on top of that.

While I will concede that MA does not help him the squad is rich with international players and we have struggled badly for 18/20 months. This is not a knee jerk response to the early season struggles its much much more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

In fairness it's a great run were on but so so difficult to get excited,
    The football is not good, we have been lucky and again the cracks(gaping holes) are covered,
    All anyone on this thread wants is a tiny glimmer of hope that we might try to go after a cup, or to build a good team and squad who can challenge for things but that is not and will not happen, our best players will be sold, the manager will continue to bluff it, and talk ****, the owner still won't give a stuff and we are left wondering what will go wrong next....
    In the medium term relegation is a certainty,

• Advertisement

Alright lads, fantasy football time I suppose.

The negative first, who do you think we might flog in January, under value of course??

Secondly, just say you had between 5-10 mill for a player in the premier league. Who could we get realistically for that price that would improve us??

Would we get Robbie Brady for that price, or any hidden gem of a striker or centre back.

On another note, thinking of the summer, how much do ye reckon big Andy is worth these days??

I have a feeling Ricky Lambert might end up with us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Reckon we could sign Jedinak for a fair sum. Good player, and would be available for around 3 or 4 million.

The funny thing is that the talent is already there in the youth squad. The likes of Campbell, Armstrong, Aarons, Abeid and Streete will be first team squad members in the future, for sure. Abeid has already done that actually.

Shame we have a manager who doesn't have a clue what to do with them though.

Nastasic should be our number 1 target imo.

Nastasic should be our number 1 target imo.

There were rumours flying around in the last week of the transfer window that we were looking at him.

A CB has to be priority. It just has to be. We are short in depth but this is certainly the most notable area of concern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Pardew is as Symptom of the disease that is Mike Ashley

Hes a Patsy, constantly buttering up MA and throwing the toys out of the pram when pushed on any of his waffle (he did the same a WHU). Dedicating wins to MA (even when they are few and far between), constantly towing the company line even when its completely ridiculous

He's frightfully arrogant, tactically inept (Completely changed playing style post 5ht place finish). He has a long history of falling out with talented players both and NUFC, WHU, Southampton

He's a league 1 manager who is only there because he is cheap and does what he is told. Any other club would have sacked him 18 months ago when we went from 5th to almost being relegated, never mind giving him another season of abject failure on top of that.

While I will concede that MA does not help him the squad is rich with international players and we have struggled badly for 18/20 months. This is not a knee jerk response to the early season struggles its much much more

Couldn't have said it better myself.

At lease one centre half and at least one striker needed IMHO as an absolute minimum

• Advertisement

Nastasic is a must imo.

I'd look at someone like Gayle too. Good little player and he has pace.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I think about this match sometimes, ****ing epic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Augmerson wrote: »

I think about this match sometimes, ****ing epic.

Tino!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Gouffran is such a poor footballer, baffling how he's in for Cabella

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Need a hell of a lot more from Sammy and Gouffran. Need Sissoko more on the ball too, like to see Cabella and Cisse on soon if things don't improve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭polarbearhead

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Tino!

Some crosses from Gillespie!

Elliot and Williamson look very nervous. Not quite as nervous as I am though seeing those two playing

Ah feck off

Sissoko you absolute fool

Really Sissoko? Really?

How is that not a red??? Horrible tackle.

Why exactly did gouffran get back into the side? He has done absolutely nothing in months. Gave away the ball cheaply several times today as usual and also set West ham up for the goal. Pardew no doubt looking to get back to his first choice team inexplicably ignoring form

Jasus! Carroll is taking the mick with his diving

Good save elliot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

Lunacy from sissoko, very dissapointed with him

• Advertisement
Advertisement