Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Guys,

Coming from Cork ... whats the best way to get to the ground on Saturday?

Is there parking close by?

You could park by Glasnevin cemetery I reckon.

My place is nearby too you can park there and we can make it a threesome :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Thanks for the offer....

is there a Luas stop near it?

Really not familiar with Dublin ... sorry

Thanks for the offer....

is there a Luas stop near it?

Really not familiar with Dublin ... sorry

About a 30 min walk uphill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

was going to bring my 5 year old to the game (it will be her first one) do you think its worth it? is there like a family area or whats the best section to book

fitzparker wrote: »
    was going to bring my 5 year old to the game (it will be her first one) do you think its worth it? is there like a family area or whats the best section to book

I'm bringing my 6yr old ... its a friendly, should be grand, its not like we are playing one of the russian teams ....

Bohs ticket office advised me to book jodi stand (this is where the newcastle fans will be) but tickets.ie in its brilliance just spits out the nect 2 seat numbers rather than allowing a choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

I'm bringing my 6yr old ... its a friendly, should be grand, its not like we are playing one of the russian teams ....

Bohs ticket office advised me to book jodi stand (this is where the newcastle fans will be) but tickets.ie in its brilliance just spits out the nect 2 seat numbers rather than allowing a choice.

it's more to do with the language and abuse more so riots :) but with the dublin derby on the night before i expect it to be families more so.

yeah one of the lads in here said the jodi stand aswell so gonna book it today.

it's more to do with the language and abuse more so riots :) but with the dublin derby on the night before i expect it to be families more so.

yeah one of the lads in here said the jodi stand aswell so gonna book it today.

I'll have to tell the 6yr old there is no cursing allowed as there's a little lady in the ground ... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Guys,

Coming from Cork ... whats the best way to get to the ground on Saturday?

Is there parking close by?

You could park in the Phibsboro shopping centre but parking might be a bit mental of a Saturday afternoon.

No LUAS stop near it but you could park in say Jervis/ILAC centre and get a 4, 9 or a 46A up to Dalymount.

I could meet you beforehand and show you the way if you're stuck.

----

As for the family area, there is one. Far right to the halfway line. If you get in touch with the club beforehand they'll accommodate you and bring you to your seat etc.

As for tickets lads, it may have allocated seating marked on it but to tell you the truth, it's usually first come, first served with regards seating.

• Advertisement

it's more to do with the language and abuse more so riots :)

Wouldn't be worrying about this type of thing at all pal. Rovers away the night before and all the singing/cursing will be long out of the system by then.

That and there'll only be a smattering of Bohs fans there.

We're being linked with a move for Peter Crouch.

To be honest, I wouldn't see a problem with it. He's probably peanuts and could be a good plan B off the bench.

Would rather see us go for more defenders.

That_Guy wrote: »
    We're being linked with a move for Peter Crouch.

To be honest, I wouldn't see a problem with it. He's probably peanuts and could be a good plan B off the bench.

Would rather see us go for more defenders.

If the wages are low enough ... maybe ...

however, I'd be worried if we end up in a scenario too often where we need him off the bench....

If the wages are low enough ... maybe ...

however, I'd be worried if we end up in a scenario too often where we need him off the bench....

Long season. Games 2-3 times a week. He'd be used sparingly for sure but good cover for Armstrong, Mitro, Perez.

Given where we are, I think it could be a good move. Just because Rafa is in charge doesn't mean that we should be getting above our station as to where we are but it wouldn't be a long term deal anyway that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Not sure what to think of Crouch. At 35, his best days are long gone. But might be handy to have from the bench if needing a goal or to change things up.

If the money is right, then can't see the harm.

Man United interested in Sissoko?

(If this isnt a ploy to get pogba cheaper / on better contract terms) ... Januzaj + cash would be acceptable I reckon ... or a second player?

• Advertisement

We're laughing if we get over 20 for him imo.

One day after the final he's talking about leaving. Again.

**** right off you pea hearted coward. I'd be glad to never see him in our colours again.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    We're laughing if we get over 20 for him imo.

One day after the final he's talking about leaving. Again.

**** right off you pea hearted coward. I'd be glad to never see him in our colours again.

I reckon some one like januzaj as p/e would be good business.

Talks were that mourinho wanted to sell him to fund pogba deal anyway.

He's young, should have something to prove and might respond well to Rafa.

If you're to believe d'Twitter, Sissoko is nearing a move to Dortmund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

De jong injured again , I doubt we will ever see the best of him at Newcastle which is a pity cause behind it all he is a very good player, just can't stay fit!

The small fella here is buzzin bout the game tomorrow!

Do we reckon there will be a chance to grab signatures?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

matrixf wrote: »
    De jong injured again , I doubt we will ever see the best of him at Newcastle which is a pity cause behind it all he is a very good player, just can't stay fit!

God damn it! I actually believe he is a figment of our imaginations at this rate. What the hell is wrong with him now?

God damn it! I actually believe he is a figment of our imaginations at this rate. What the hell is wrong with him now?

Hamstring again, mbabu injured too, both have returned to Newcastle for rehabilitation :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Tickets sold out :(

Edit: Nevermind, got in the NCR side about 15 minutes into the half. Queuing for tickets about 10 minutes before it started & we were told it was sold out & there was no more tickets. Could see the stand behind the dugouts was empty from outside though. Was walking back around to the car when I saw a queue & was able to pay at the turnstile there. Little bit disorganised & annoying.

In now anyways - TOON ARMY!

What a brilliant afternoon! well worth the 8hrs spent in the car driving up :(

The reception Rafa got when he walked out was amazing! And the man is a legend, he spend some amount of time with the fans in that corner taking selfies.

Good result, I though they all but a shift in even if it is just a friendly. Thauvin was even busting a gut / trying to manhandle himself past his man for his goal.

Was there actually Bohs shirts in the ground? All I saw was Black and white.

Small fella got pictures with Rafa, Janmaat, Saivet, Gayle, Wijnaldum and got signatures from Janmaat Saivet, Gayle, Wijnaldum, Thauvin, Lascelles, Armstrong and Hayden when they got off the bus (we were parked there).

So when the match was over we headed back to the car park in the hope of catching some more pics / signatures but they blocked the gap between the gate and the bus with the warmup goal and said the players werent coming to the bus until the carpark was cleared ... That was a bit dissapointing.

But feck it ... brilliant atmosphere ... and Jesus is indeed a Geordie, Mitro was partially on fire, Shelvey does have a distinct lack of hair and Rafa gave us a wave (on demand) :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Was there actually Bohs shirts in the ground? All I saw was Black and white.

Our big match was on last night out in Tallaght. TBH it's tough to get yourself interested for a meaningless friendly when you're up against your biggest rivals 15 hours beforehand. Another factor is that season ticket holders had to pay in, which was likely a turn off.

Having said that, I hope you and yours had a good time and hopefully got a taste for live football :)

Omackeral wrote: »
    Our big match was on last night out in Tallaght. TBH it's tough to get yourself interested for a meaningless friendly when you're up against your biggest rivals 15 hours beforehand. Another factor is that season ticket holders had to pay in, which was likely a turn off.

Having said that, I hope you and yours had a good time and hopefully got a taste for live football :)

Oh yes, but the next game will be 40min drive to cork airport, flight to Newcastle Airport ... Taxi to the city center ... job oxo. ;)

Would you give Cork City a go? They're in European action this Thursday and have a great chance of progressing through another round in Europe after seeing off Linfield in the previous one. They've an away goal and it's nicely poised at 1-1. They're playing Swedish outfit BK Hacken. I'll be going to St Pats vs Dinamo Minsk myself even though I'm a Bohs man.

Would you give Cork City a go? They're in European action this Thursday and have a great chance of progressing through another round in Europe after seeing off Linfield in the previous one. They've an away goal and it's nicely poised at 1-1. They're playing Swedish outfit BK Hacken. I'll be going to St Pats vs Dinamo Minsk myself even though I'm a Bohs man.

Nah mate. Im from belgium origionally. Ive absolutely no interst in Cork City. Ive no draw or connect to them.

Actually didn't head along yesterday. I was still reeling from Friday night's disaster out in Tallaght. Just couldn't motivate myself at all to get up and go to Dalymount to watch my two favourite teams.

I'll be over in Newcastle next month anyway but I hope that people don't judge Bohs too much on that performance.

A very depleted team with a few players having played the night before and a few U-19's thrown in.

Hopefully there'll be a few new faces going to games next week. Very affordable pricing and football (despite what people think) that is of a good standard.

Nah mate. Im from belgium origionally. Ive absolutely no interst in Cork City. Ive no draw or connect to them.

What's the connection to Newcastle for a Belgian if you don't mind my asking? Being 40 mins from a club like Cork City is a great opportunity to make a connection I think. They're usually in Europe and usually in contention for titles. They've, in my opinion, the best ground in the league and some of the best home supporters too. You should give them a go, as well as Newcastle. No need for the two to be in competition either as they play on different days. Just ask That_Guy what his experience has been like following both, he's only took on Bohs a few years and is still a massive Toon fan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

What do ye make of the new jerseys ?

What's the connection to Newcastle for a Belgian if you don't mind my asking? Being 40 mins from a club like Cork City is a great opportunity to make a connection I think. They're usually in Europe and usually in contention for titles. They've, in my opinion, the best ground in the league and some of the best home supporters too. You should give them a go, as well as Newcastle. No need for the two to be in competition either as they play on different days. Just ask That_Guy what his experience has been like following both, he's only took on Bohs a few years and is still a massive Toon fan.

I aleeady follow Club Brugge in Belgium and the connection to newcastke is that when Albert signed i was hooked.

I aleeady follow Club Brugge in Belgium and the connection to newcastke is that when Albert signed i was hooked.

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    What do ye make of the new jerseys ?

I like the home kit long time since we had full stripes front and back

As for the boca juniors away lookalike I also like it , not gone on the Leicester city away replica , never like white shirts for some reason

Just a pity about sponser on all 3 kits

Just seen Demba ba has broken his leg playing in china , looks really bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Game was a bit of a farce really. I don't blame Bohs in any way. They had an important game the day before and it's all about getting the large gate.

Unfortunately came across a few bellends at the game. One lad from Cork was absolutely pissed outside the stadium right after the game. Shoved his empties into someone's hedge. Scummy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just seen Demba ba has broken his leg playing in china , looks really bad!

I saw it described as a horrific injury and that was no exaggeration. Hopefully he makes a full recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

I like the home kit long time since we had full stripes front and back

As for the boca juniors away lookalike I also like it , not gone on the Leicester city away replica , never like white shirts for some reason

Just a pity about sponser on all 3 kits

Like the home one aswell its nice as we've had in a while i think

like the other 2 aswell think the purple is nice on 3rd one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Any kit with 'WONGA' on the front of it is not a nice kit.

• Advertisement

Wijnaldum off to liverpool by the looks of it...

Small fella will be gutted. Got his picture with him and his 'Wijnaldum 5' jersey signed Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Wijnaldum off to liverpool by the looks of it...

Small fella will be gutted. Got his picture with him and his 'Wijnaldum 5' jersey signed Saturday.
    An important lesson in life for him then

I liked Gigi initially but like Sissoko and many others, just didn't try hard enough and went missing for half the season.

He's got talent but his attitude stank and he deserves as much vitriol as any of our under performing mercenaries.

Hoping for another defender to be signed very soon and some cover in midfield.

Looks like the Hanley deal is happening.

etVc10.jpg

Looks like I'm off to the aul Gallowgate next month.

P5XBMh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

For those not already watching, there's a lad streaming on periscope:

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1ZkKzpglDmDJv#

Second Half:

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1nAJEbjbBOOxL
    https://www.periscope.tv/w/1djGXXmXNbNGZ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Grant Hanley joins on a five year deal. Can't be any worse than Colo in his last couple of seasons.

Speaking of Colo, I think Kolo could be a great signing on a free transfer. He was outstanding for Liverpool in his final few months.

Sad to see him go,but he was a passenger for a lot of games in 2nd half of season, we will miss his goals, hope a replacement is brought in quick!Cn4b6HaWEAAbl1N.jpg

Sad to see him go,but he was a passenger for a lot of games in 2nd half of season, we will miss his goals, hope a replacement is brought in quick!

I don't think he's a big miss at all. Like you say, he went missing after the Norwich game where he blew his load and fed off a reputation that people concocted about him.

There's a good athlete in there somewhere but when the going gets tough, he just downed tools.

Klopp probably won't tolerate his nonsense but because we had nobody of worth coming from the bench, it meant that he was an automatic waste of a jersey in our starting XI.

From what i read, we some what forced liverpools hand. They had requested he didnt play last night but with liverpool not seeming to want to pull the trigger on a deal rafa stuck him on the bench last night and apparently liverpool were told pay up or walk away.

There is surely 2-3players to be got with 25m

There is surely 2-3players to be got with 25m

If we can 2 more defensive players in and another holding midfielder I think we'll be in a really good position heading into the first game v Fulham.

Now, obviously those 3 players need to be of a good quality but I like what we've gone for so far.

I think this is the season that Aarons and Armstrong really stake a claim in this team.

• Advertisement
Advertisement