Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Awful support from the Geordies last night hardly a peep out of them whole game, especially poor considering it was the first game of the season. Yet Sky will be telling us all season what wonderful fans they are.
    Yea terrible support alright wonder how many other times we will see 7000 fans travel the length of the country to see their team play?
    Glad there is someone to keep us informed of the things sky arnt telling us ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

cadete wrote: »
    Yea terrible support alright wonder how many other times we will see 7000 fans travel the length of the country to see their team play?
    Glad there is someone to keep us informed of the things sky arnt telling us ;)

They were awful mate, I can't remember one instance when they got behind their team with some decent vocals. So you think just turning up is all that counts? Fulham home support are always close to silent but even with that the Geordies couldn't even rouse themselves.

You'll be telling me the Irish fans are the best in the world next. Newcastle fans last night were dire and that's the truth of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

They were awful mate, I can't remember one instance when they got behind their team with some decent vocals. So you think just turning up is all that counts? Fulham home support are always close to silent but even with that the Geordies couldn't even rouse themselves.

You'll be telling me the Irish fans are the best in the world next. Newcastle fans last night were dire and that's the truth of it.

Ah sorry didnt realise ya were there,
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1233058113426616&id=427190780680024

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

cadete wrote: »

Fcuk me, you for real mate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Awful support from the Geordies last night hardly a peep out of them whole game, especially poor considering it was the first game of the season. Yet Sky will be telling us all season what wonderful fans they are.

Newcastle will be fine anyways not a chance they won't go straight back up.

I look forward to your weekly "Newcastle fan watch" updates this season. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

How hard will it be to get tickets to a home game this season? Want to go to the Leeds game (with a Newcastle fan). I'd assume be easy enough but never know, good fans and if ye are going well it could be hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Mushy wrote: »
    How hard will it be to get tickets to a home game this season? Want to go to the Leeds game (with a Newcastle fan). I'd assume be easy enough but never know, good fans and if ye are going well it could be hard.

Hasn't been issues getting tickets in years, unless Leeds are also flying it will be handy

Shouldn't be an issue. Away games will always sell out but I'm heading to the Huddersfield game next weekend and hasn't sold out and has been on public sale for the last couple of weeks.

I have a membership as I'm planning a few trips this year but I may not even need it as such.

I'd hold off booking flights until closer to the time because both teams could be involved in cup competitions (doubtful) and if I was to hazard a guess, they'd probably stick it on TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That_Guy wrote: »

Shouldn't be an issue. Away games will always sell out but I'm heading to the Huddersfield game next weekend and hasn't sold out and has been on public sale for the last couple of weeks.

I have a membership as I'm planning a few trips this year but I may not even need it as such.

I'd hold off booking flights until closer to the time because both teams could be involved in cup competitions (doubtful) and if I was to hazard a guess, they'd probably stick it on TV.

Yeah won't book anything for months anyway. Cheers for the info though lads.

Yeah won't book anything for months anyway. Cheers for the info though lads.

No worries. Top city for a day/night of gargling if you've never been before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Supposedly only 250 tickets remain for this Saturdays game against Huddersfield, if true this is unreal

To still have top 5 attendance in the whole of UK!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Anyone know anything about this Galloway chap from Everton?

After Dummet's performance on Friday, I'm delighted they've seen LB as a big problem, but how good is Galloway?

fitzparker wrote: »
    Supposedly only 250 tickets remain for this Saturdays game against Huddersfield, if true this is unreal

To still have top 5 attendance in the whole of UK!

I'll be in the Gallowgate waving one of those flags they'll have there. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Newcastle team: Sels, Janmaat, Mbemba, Lascelles, Dummett, Anita, Hayden, Shelvey, Aarons, Diame, Gayle

Subs: Darlow, Gamez, Clark, Colback, Ritchie, Perez, Armstrong.

Surprised to see Ritchie on bench as he was our best last week.

No Sissoko on bench!

Anyone with a stream lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

is this been streamed or is there no Tv crew?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Chopping and changing, only 2 games in but I already believe they don't know what the starting 11 they want are.

Losing. Haven't seen it but sounds typical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

Huddersfield much the better team, can't believe ritchie is on the bench, deserve to be 1 nil down

Pen for us

Sound like were playing 100 times better then the first half.

Feel like im back in the old days with headphones on for a match

• Advertisement

2-1 down.
    Christ

We are still ****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Poor start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Going to be a long slog this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Same problems as last year, only this time in the championship. We'll have the same result too unless there are some major changes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Is Mitrovic staying or going?

Is Mitrovic staying or going?

Staying thankfully, or we will be f**ked without him, gale and Perez need him to play off, they are not no9's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Was a little excited this year even tho wer in the championship, with rafa in charge. Bloody sickened with our start so far! Sorry mainly just a reader non poster

Top weekend in the Toon. Shame I can't say anything too positive about the football. Bit of craic with the fans around me in the Gallowgate but that performance was poor.

Aarons awful.
    Dummett and Anita... as above.

Ritchie the only bright spark.

Shelvey doesn't look up for this league at all.

---

Early days but a complete load of garbage. Clark/Gamez can't be far from coming into the team but pumping balls into Gayle is brainless stuff.

---

Ended up gargling with a few heads til the wee hours though. Good fun all the same.

• Advertisement

What's worrying too is that we have a complete lack of movement off the ball. All very narrow. We only had any meaningful width when Ritchie came on.

He's eager and wants the ball and he doesn't always get it right but we need more like him willing to move into areas to pick up a ball and move it quickly.

As for Lascelles. He seems a nice kid and I think putting him as captain was the right choice but he needs to have a nastier streak in him.

I'm not saying for him to burst through players. Noticed a few times in the first half when he just never got at Mbemba/Hayden for losing the balls in stupid areas.

He needs to lead and not let his age get in the way of captaining the side.

He's not perfect himself and he has come out taking responsibility for mistakes but he needs to make himself more present if you get me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Saipanne wrote: »
    Poor start.

Wrong thread, Crystal Palace are discussed elsewhere.

No Diame tonight it looks like, so Ritchie will come back in. Hard to know what other changes can be made to improve things. Perez maybe for Aarons. I'd nearly like to see Clark come in at left back (anything to get Dummet out of there).

Is this televised?
    Need a huge 3 points tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Mmmmh ... so gouf is the answer?

Cant wait for mitros ban to be over!

1-0
    Hayden from a dodgy free kick

• Advertisement

1-1 Mcleary
    Clark gave away a penalty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

D_turbo wrote:
    1-1 Mcleary Clark gave away a penalty

F Sake

2-1 Richie
    Penalty

Seem to have got very lucky

3-1 Gayle
    Sounds to be a fantastic free kick

4-1 Gayle
    Tap in

Anita Suposedly playing very well at Rb and hayden has sounded great.
    Gouffran Absolutely terrible again

• Advertisement

Hopefully we kick on from here, Anita should stay as right back had a great game, Hayden too, delighted for gale hope he starts banging them in now

D_turbo wrote: »
    4-1 Gayle
    Tap in

Anita Suposedly playing very well at Rb and hayden has sounded great.
    Gouffran Absolutely terrible again

From what I heard gouffran had a good game?
    Dummett and Clark didn't though lol

Goals and highlights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Anita is twice the player Janmatt is at right back, i keep saying it. Janmatt is a huge part of the reason we went down last year his positional sense is a disgrace, switches off and is lazy. when anita went into the back 4 the last 5 games we seemed solid.

i know he is not our answer there but until we find a decent right back Janmatt shoul dnot be near the team.

Role on mitrovic coming back, gayle will have a field day scoring when he does

Saw the highlights. Looks a promising performance. Again a lack of concentration at the end of first halves is killing us. That's something we need to stamp out.

Nice to see Gayle getting a brace all the same and Ritchie looks like he's going to be a big player for us.

Good to get the win and 4 goals. Need to sort away form out. It's what killed us last season.

No overseas TV this weekend for the game against Bristol City. Live commentary on BBC Radio Newcastle.

Bein Sports have Championship rights but they've opted to show Birmingham v Wolves this weekend unfortunately.

Blah.

Has been no stream for the last two games either.

The joys of being outside the EPL :(

Listened to the game on BBC Newcastle. Sounded like a very unconvincing win and Sels was singled out plenty of times.

A 3 pointer away from home for the first time in about 8 months is still welcome mind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Good to get the win v Bristol, they're the kind of results that all add up at the end of the season. Gayle looks to be hitting great form, keep him fit and he'll surely top the Championship scoring next May.

Cheltenham tomorrow night in the league cup so games coming thick and fast but the next 6 league games look to be fairly tough and will tell exactly where this team really is, up against a few other promotion contenders: Brighton (h), Derby (a), QPR (a), Wolves (h), Villa (a), Norwich (h). Don't think it gets much tougher than that, if we came out with 12pts from those I think we'd be doing well.

Having Mitrovic back will be a big boost. Himself and Gayle up top provides Newcastle with alot of different options going forward.

• Advertisement
Advertisement