Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

Atsu is signed just official confirmation from club needed

CrMS_mdWcAEhMJ5.jpg

Don't think sissoko is going to be sold , had hoped he'd be gone by now and knockhaert signed , at least we finally brought in a left back even if he is more of a winger lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

fitzparker wrote:
    I haven't heard talk of him all day. Callum mcmanaman was talked about yesterday and Atsu should be signing any minute.

Mcmanaman... the lad that did haidara?!

Hes pure scum imo, rather not sign him

Poor Mousa ....

In the end even N'Zogbia managed to force through a move ... Sissokos agent dont seem to be able to manage it!

:D

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Poor Mousa ....

In the end even N'Zogbia managed to force through a move ... Sissokos agent dont seem to be able to manage it!

:D

Everton look most likely now, after initially denying any interest in signing him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

matrixf wrote: »
    Everton look most likely now, after initially denying any interest in signing him!

Imagine the Merseyside Derby.

Gini vs Sissoko - The passion, the drive.... *sniggers* :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

30m.

I'm in tears laughing.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    30m.

I'm in tears laughing.

What who is mad enough?

Aaah SSN ...Everton ... more expensive than Lukaku .... MADNESS :D

Is there enough time for us to bring some one in?

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Is there enough time for us to bring some one in?

Doubtful id say all our incoming transfer business is done, markovic is going to sporting Lisbon on loan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

30 mil lads. Holy jaysis!

• Advertisement

2 clubs willing to pay 30m for that donkey ...

Finally proper deadline day madness!

I'd refuse Spurs offer make him go to Everton or stay lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Can't imagine him choosing Everton now that Spurs have come in for him. Tottenham have so much more to offer, still hope both moves fall through and he rots on the bench for a year as reward for his pathetic attitude last season. :)

€28 million profit, take the money quick before they change their minds

I wish there was a way to draw west brom into bidding 35m :p

Everton withdrew interest ...

He better pass his medical now! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Give the doc £10m just to make sure he will. Still Win Win deal

Everton dogged a bullet tonight!

• Advertisement

We paid £1.6m for Sissoko. I'm still pissing myself laughing here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Deal not confirmed yet bit he put it on his twitter... levy is a hungry cnut how we got £30m is beyond me.

Means money is there now for Jan if needs be. 12 players in and finally signing in the correct positions.

Next 5 games are critical if we get 10 or 11 points it will be huge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Laughable! Pity there's no time to use that money to get anyone else in. Don't let the door hit you on the way out Sissoko

Cake Man wrote: »
    Laughable! Pity there's no time to use that money to get anyone else in. Don't let the door hit you on the way out Sissoko

We've pretty much got 2 players for each position with some left over. No need to rush with that money in January. We'll likely utilise the loan system to help fill the gap with any injuries in the team.

Alright, we're in the Championship but this has been one of the most successful transfer windows we've had in yonks with players who will actually have to fight for their place.

New lads can get settled and get on with learning their new roles and sharpen up before the Derby game.

Championship or not, it was worth sitting through Pardew/Carver/McClaren to get to this point.

Since he pledged his future to the club, he's made me fall in love with football all over again. Beautiful bastard that Rafa.

CrQ_q0bVIAA4mbs.png

Back to the grind.

Derby have only won 1 game so far but I hope we don't take them lightly and go at them the way we went at Brighton.

I'm expecting Gayle to come back into the team and Perez to be shifted back out to the left.

We've some nice options up front now in Mitrovic and Murphy and we've got nice looking pace on both wings now with Yedlin/Atsu who can come on and add a bit of speed to keep them guessing.

I was fearful of Dummett last time out against Knockeart but he kept him very quiet and had an excellent game. I'm hoping he can do the same to Will Hughes who is cut from the same cloth as the former.

Question marks still over Sels but a clean sheet last time out will help his confidence a bit.

Having Murphy/Mitro in training will be of huge importance to set piece training for Sels because they're of the same build of striker we'll be facing in every game.

QPR on Tuesday is the game I'd be more worried about but let's get this one out of the way first.

• Advertisement

Can't believe Hayden dropped for colback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Ooof

Great strike, delighted for him!

What a hit. G'wan the Gouf!

Happy with how we're playing especially in tight situations. No hit and hope stuff with players making themselves available in space to relieve the pressure.

Shelvey's positioning is fantastic and is dropping in front of the back for tidying things up. He has delivered some great balls to the flanks time and time again.

I'd like to see Dummett be a bit more adventurous and take his man on from time to time but maybe he just doesn't back himself to do it and doesn't have the pace to get back in and defend the breaking ball.
    That said, he's had good opportunities to really have a run.

Gayle's struggling against Keogh. Can barely get a sniff at the moment.

Gouffran is doing pretty well and took that strike very well. A few more like that and I'd be happy.

Colback is... Well, he's getting himself about but he's gotten into very dangerous situations and has nearly given away stupid free kicks in really dangerous areas.
    Rafa just needs to tell him to relax because he's the big weak link in the team at the moment and could cost us.

Need to start testing their keeper more too but all in all I'm happy with that first half. Weathered the early storm, got the goal and have bossed it completely.

• Advertisement

Now that I've had time to mull it over, I'm content with that performance. We were largely very poor in the second half but Derby were even worse. Their lack of a finisher is going to cost them dearly this season and Sels was rarely worried.

Anita is making the RB position his own. He looks very assured of himself and there were about 4 times when he stood up well and saw the ball out of play. It's a very settled looking back 4 and it looks like it'll take some doing for Clark/Gamez/Lazaar etc to lodge one of them out.

Not the flashiest performance but we were solid which is what we need to be away from home especially in this league.

Gouffran was excellent, Shelvey was superb, Dummett continues to impress also and Diame looks settled into that team/role.

I wonder if playing Gayle up top away from home is the right thing to do. He barely had a sniff. Mitro/Murphy would be the better option and if we need a goal late on, go for a different option and let Gayle stretch the play. He's quick and I don't think a lone striker in the set up we play away from home suits him.

Again, we've got options which is refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

get in, 1-0
    Sounds like were playing fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

3-0.
    Shelvey second, ment to be an absolute stunning goal

Shelvey - Rafa'd.

Absolute worldie alright, he guarantees you a couple of moments of brilliance every season for all the bad games he has too.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Absolute worldie alright, he guarantees you a couple of moments of brilliance every season for all the bad games he has too.

The obvious "found his level" argument

Can't believe we are 5-0 up, shelvey is definitely a lot better than championship level , just needs consistency, I'm over the moon with the way we are playing tonight!

6!

FCUKING 6!

I had this down as a tough game ...

• Advertisement

This is rather unusual

M5 wrote: »
    The obvious "found his level" argument

Your words, not mine. I certainly wouldn't put the player or the club down by saying something like that. Shelvey has a lot of potential if he sorts his attitude out properly and finds consistency. The technical ability is clearly there.

Barca who? Absolutely rampant tonight. Will do morale the world of good, too.

The thing I love most about that scoreline is that 6 of those goals came from all over the pitch. Lovely stuff.

2 different centre halves on the score line as well, absolutely mad stuff. After the dissapointment of the opening 7 days of the season, they've bounced back brilliantly. No goal conceded in the last five league and cup matches too, Rafa working his defensive magic once again. Would love to see a nice unbeaten run carry on now.

Wolves had a heavy defeat tonight too.

We had no Diame. No Colback (not much a miss in truth). No Gayle. No Murphy. No Mbemba.

I'm heading over for the game on Saturday so I'm hoping for an absolute thrashing, few beers then home early on Sunday to watch the Dubs destroy Mayo.

Could be a bad weekend for the auld liver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It looks like you'll start to go on a bit of a roll now lads. Momentum is absolutely huge in that division. Looking in from afar, I see shades of the Championship season we had under Keane back in 2006.

Huddersfield dropping points too. Lost to Brighton tonight. 1 point behind them and we've a GD of +12

I like the fact that it isnt a mindless pick of the same 11 players game after game ... but a concious decision to intentionally change to suit the oppositions / occasion

• Advertisement

Poor comments from Jimmy Floyd.

https://twitter.com/lee_ryder/status/775802658347188224

Coming from somebody whose owner spunked millions on average dross which has them in the position they're in is kinda funny but FFS, take it on the chin.

Advertisement