Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

That_Guy wrote: »
    Poor comments from Jimmy Floyd.

https://twitter.com/lee_ryder/status/775802658347188224

Coming from somebody whose owner spunked millions on average dross which has them in the position they're in is kinda funny but FFS, take it on the chin.

That will be the standard commentary for the season I bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    That will be the standard commentary for the season I bet

You'd swear we weren't the 19th richest club in the world or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Considering Newcastle were winning without playing well, I did wonder what this team could do whenever it all came together.

To win six nil is fantastic. To do it away from home (where we have been awful for so long) is even better.

The rotation of players and use of the squad is great to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

its been a brilliant run we are on, as we said before the group of six games we had coming up will be our toughest run and already we have 9 points from 3 games. I think Anita is really finding his feet at right back and yedlin may have to wait another while before getting in there.

the rotation has been brilliant and even with the changes we still have the likes of Murphy,haidiera, elliot even tiote to come in where needs be

next 3 are wolves,Norwich,Villa. 9 points from this will be a massive statement.

if we can get a good run of form and confidence the likes of mbemba,tiote,atsu,diame wont be missed for the African cup because of the depth of the squad someone is there to fill in easily

This might come back to bite me but I think 3 points against Wolves is a dead cert.

Norwich and Villa won't be too easy but if we can pick up a point from those two games it'll still be a brilliant return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

Highlights from last night. Looks like it could have been 10-0!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

What's the story with Murphy? Is he injured? He's not even on the bench!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Was at the game Tuesday night,

Could easily have been more than 6 , hit the bar twice and all over them.

Shelvey dominated , was strange QPR didnt just put someone on him. Had acres of space everytime.

Mitro lead line well but missed 2 easy enough chances aswell, probably just a little rusty.

Think Jimmy Floyd has more to worry about than the cost of our players !!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭polarbearhead

This might come back to bite me but I think 3 points against Wolves is a dead cert.

Norwich and Villa won't be too easy but if we can pick up a point from those two games it'll still be a brilliant return.

Ouch!!

Ouch!!

Well... that was eh...

I was actually over for the game. It was as bad as anything under Pardew/Carver/McClaren.

A team full of strangers.

Pumping balls up to Gayle is a brainless tactic that we seem to keep employing time and time again.

Dummett back to his usual form of showing players back inside and not putting a foot in. An absolute headbanger.

Crowd were absolutely all over the players and it was a toxic atmosphere.

Poxy stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

How do you go from thumping a team 6-0 away from home and then a few days later lose 2-0 at home? I know Wolves aren't too bad a side but come on!

Another crack at them tonight in the league cup although truth be told, I'd much rather 3 points against them in the league than progressing in a competition we've no real interest in staying in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

2-0 up lads Ritchie and gouffran with a fantastic volley!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Preston at home in the next round of the cup. Win that and it's into the quarter finals. Jaysus, the one season we don't really have much interest in going on a cup run and it starts to open up for us, usually in seasons gone by we'd be drawn away to City/Arsenal etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Cake Man wrote: »
    Preston at home in the next round of the cup. Win that and it's into the quarter finals. Jaysus, the one season we don't really have much interest in going on a cup run and it starts to open up for us, usually in seasons gone by we'd be drawn away to City/Arsenal etc.

it's a great draw for us, with most PL clubs drawing each other it means if we get to QF it could be against a lesser opponent, i think as the cup is not a priority in the slightest there is no pressure on the players and it looks that way on the pitch (in a good way)

What are we thinking today lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

What are we thinking today lads?

Think we'll destroy villa. Proof we will get promoted

Can go third with a win over Villa. With Norwich picking up a bit of steam these next two games are huge.

Right. €5 on Gouffran 1st goalscorer. 9/1

The Milky Bars will be on me. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

He is doing alright. Championship is his level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

I've Gouf any time and 3-0. Howay.

• Advertisement

Happy enough with that first half showing. Only truly disappointing thing is that we're not 2 or 3 in front.

Villa just aren't really up to much but they're having a good bit of joy down our left hand side.

I said a few weeks ago that I'd like to see Dummett go and take on his man every so often. He did that today but was dangerously caught out and we were badly exposed. Poor decision making in the end is the reason why we didn't fall behind in the game early.

Shelvey should be off. No question. Absolute brainless tackle and is very lucky to be on the pitch.

Gouffran continues to surprise. It's amazing what a motivating word in the ear can do for a player. His work rate is absolutely incredible and has been our best player for sure.

Yedlin is lively and his cross had a bit of fortune about as did the goal itself but if they hadn't scored it, Gayle would have.

We've been comfortable but we need to put away our chances when they're gifted to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Our inability to break teams down from open play is very worrying for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

How the feck did Diame miss that? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

We are really opening this game up for a villa sucker punch. Haven't played well second half at all. Wasting too many chances.

**** sake diame!!!

Shelvey playing well, I have a bad feeling gestede will cause us some problems

M5 wrote: »
    Our inability to break teams down from open play is very worrying for me.
    martyos121 wrote: »
    How the feck did Diame miss that? :eek:
    tastyt wrote: »
    We are really opening this game up for a villa sucker punch. Haven't played well second half at all. Wasting too many chances.

**** sake diame!!!

Shelvey playing well, I have a bad feeling gestede will cause us some problems

If we have intentions of finishing top 2 in this league we need to be putting games to bed. Sucker punch an inevitability

Got a fright there. Phew.

They have had 3 chances since I raised concerns. With a bit of luck they would be 3 1 up. We are still way way way to flaky at the back to be sitting on one nil when dominant

Tiote on now, you'd think he should cut out a few of their attacks but it's not looking good at the minute. I'll actually be surprised if Villa don't score.

Diame has been woeful

• Advertisement

Have to credit Di mateo for the changes at half time. Much more solid

Well done ref

Woeful

Sigh

Bollocks.

Sels nowhere, you cant play lime this with our defence. Half a dozen warnings went unheeded. Absolute joke

• Advertisement

Deserved, terrible second half

Completely deserved. Sure we are in this with a fluke

Villa should have 3/4 in this half

If we continue like this we'll be nowhere near the playoffs. Joke of a performance. Tactical shambles

Sels is not good enough either. Terrible on crosses.

• Advertisement

We played badly that second half. Serious regression and Rafa has to be blamed for that. Diame was anonymous that half and changes needed to be made sooner.

Their disallowed goal was their catalyst and we did fúcking nothing to stop it. Game turned on its head and we have to bring on Tiote to try and "shore things up".

Mitro's stupid backheel in the centre of the pitch set them up for corner after corner and thus their inevitable equaliser. Nobody on the back post yet again and even more worringly, we've got a keeper in Sels who can't catch the poxy ball.

He can't start the next game. It has to be Darlow. Simply has to be.

As awful a 45 minutes we've ever seen in the last 4 years or so which is horrendous because Villa were dead and buried even at 1-0. Their confidence was shot and we sat back and invited everything they had and paid for it.

Disgraceful tbh.

Are out nerves at the back down to Sels? He's atrocious on crosses, never looks in control of the box

M5 wrote: »
    Are out nerves at the back down to Sels? He's atrocious on crosses, never looks in control of the box

I'd say it plays a part. Defenders probably trying extra hard to cater for his flaws. Flaps at everything.

I'd say it plays a part. Defenders probably trying extra hard to cater for his flaws. Flaps at everything.

Not used to seeing poor keeping. We have been fortunate to have decent stoppers since hislop (who was much better than Sels based on what I have seen)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Big game tomorrow night against top of the table Norwich , who've won 4 in a row in the league

Big call who's in goal tomorrow night

should have been 5/6 up before they equalised. Our goal scorers are simply not doing it. Gayle should be on 10 goals this season given the chances he has had. We are paying for these misses every time

Losing 1-3 now ffs

2-3 a bit of hope

Yessssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!

Come on lads, on e more!

• Advertisement
Advertisement