Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

It is unfadamable that a) Palace paid 2.5m for Pardew b) Palace have to pay him 5m to sack him....

Let that sink in ... even with the knowledge of his performance at Newcastle ... in total Pardew cost Palace 7.5m + wages .... HOW?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Haven't been contributing as much as I'd like to lately due to a crazy work schedule.

Looking forward to a few beers on Monday night to watch the game.

Hope you have a top Christmas lads. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Tough one tonight! Need to win this, the top sides biking to get into a stride and we have the worst last 5 record of then at the min.

Leeds beginning to look like a decent side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Referee looks like Stephen Gately.

Esse85 wrote: »
    Referee looks like Stephen Gately.

Ha ha, he does!

7 losses so far, that's a worrying stat. All wrong today, crossing was comical at times. So many of our passes were a yard or two off target, behind the player etc.

I'm not sure how much of our misfiring was down to Wednesday if I'm honest

And what's with our televised games? Invariably scrappy frustrating games

To be fair, as an opposition manager, it wouldn't be hard to get your team up for a (televised) game against us...

"They are effectively a premier league team in the championship, these boys are getting promoted no matter what ... go out there and show me you can live with Pl player, that you have the hunger to survive in the premier league... these boys reckon that they are better than you, they think they can walk all 0ver every team in this league ... ... etc, etc..."

Pathetic performance yesterday. Pointless bringing Mitro on for 10 minutes and not utilising him properly.

If you had told me two years ago that Shelvey would be the catalyst for our creative play I'd have told you to fúck right off.

Absolutely pathetic showing from Colback.

Atsu needs to start ahead of Gouffran.

Our left hand side is all wrong. I like Ritchie but he needs a decent left back to support him. Dummett is not that at all. He lacks confidence to make meaningful attacking plays.

Reminiscent of the team that went down last year. Gutless stuff.

Wednesday certainly pushed the limit in terms of physicality but I can't fault them for their tactics. They wanted everything more.

Shíte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

No mitro today, is he off somewhere? ?

Salmon wrote: »
    No mitro today, is he off somewhere? ?

Hope not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Any danger of us gettting any luck this season? Seems nothing apart from the Norwich game has gone our way. 2 more disallowed goals

And now Brighton having been bossed for 70 minutes score twice and Fulham miss a penalty. We have 65% possession, 20 shots to 3, two disallowed goals and will fall three points further behind. Not good enough. 7 defeats already and the double by Blackburn is appalling
    There is a total lack of ability to tough games out that aren't going our way. Brighton do it regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

Got exactly what we deserved today,guilty of not taking our chances! colback with another stupid foul again really not good enough , shelvey sorely missed , no back up in midfield for all the money spent in the summer, should have brought Murphy on earlier and put diame into midfield , Brighton will be hard to catch now with a game in hand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

One was offside and the other had a handball just before he thighed it in, two correctly disallowed goals.

Can't believe Newcastle came away with nothing there though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Seriously lacking in creativity for a while now! Really need some brought in before were promoted. Need to spend some of the cash we banked in the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Ye created more than enough chances to win it, and win it well. Couple of very good stops from their keeper in the first half and then the longer a team hangs around the higher the chances of it playing out as it did become. Them's the breaks - it's going well overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

What is considered Newcastle's last major win? The Intertoto Cup in 2006, the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup in 1969 or the FA Cup in 1955?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

*sarcasm alert* Oh great, FA cup this weekend. Can't wait! *sarcasm alert*

Is it just me or has this club made me completely hate the FA cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

What is considered Newcastle's last major win? The Intertoto Cup in 2006, the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup in 1969 or the FA Cup in 1955?

5-1 against spurs

• Advertisement

DARYL MURPHY YOU UTTER BEAUTY!!!

Preston beating Brighton.

Huddersfield behind.

HOLD THE FÚCK ON!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

International soccer tournament 1997 😀

Results went great today.

Back on top and shelvey back in a week or so.

Great for Murphy getting some time aswell. Hopefully gayle injury isn't bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

we were quite lucky not to let in more goals! Some very sloppy defending.

Our game v Rotherham is on overseas TV. So if you happen to live in one of these countries you'll be able to see it. ;)

beIN Sports Connect (USA)
    beIN Sports Arabia
    beIN Sports 2 (Australia) (delay)
    Digi Sport 1 (Slovakia) +HD
    Eleven Extra HD (Poland)
    Eleven Singapore
    Fox Sports 1 (Africa)
    Nova Sport (Bulgaria) +HD
    Sportdigital TV (Austria) +HD
    SportKlub 2 (Serbia) +HD
    Sportsmax
    TV3 Sport 1 (Denmark) +HD
    Viaplay (Denmark/Sweden)

Poor first half despite the goal.

Started second half with a bang.

I've been very impressed with Yedlin. He's been asked to stay back a lot and help out but he's a solid all rounder. His defensive attributes continue to impress.

Good bit of speed about him too.

Very satisfying day. Scored 4 and kept our first clean sheet in 6. Very very enjoyable.

I'm looking to try and get over for the last game against Barnsley on May 7th. Can anyone recommend a good site for hotel and ticket deal? Also, would the tickets be in a decent seat or do you have to pay through the roof for anything decent?

chewed wrote: »
    I'm looking to try and get over for the last game against Barnsley on May 7th. Can anyone recommend a good site for hotel and ticket deal? Also, would the tickets be in a decent seat or do you have to pay through the roof for anything decent?

Buy membership now if you dont have it, keep an eye on nufc.com for dates and get onto the official site on the day of release

Stay either central or near a metro line. Have stayed in city center and Jesmond and both work well for the match and pints.

M5 wrote: »
    Buy membership now if you dont have it, keep an eye on nufc.com for dates and get onto the official site on the day of release

Stay either central or near a metro line. Have stayed in city center and Jesmond and both work well for the match and pints.

If I buy membership, which I assume is here - https://www.nufc.co.uk, will I be entitled to buy multiple tickets? I may need up to 4 tickets as a few mates might be coming along.

• Advertisement

chewed wrote: »
    If I buy membership, which I assume is here - https://www.nufc.co.uk, will I be entitled to buy multiple tickets? I may need up to 4 tickets as a few mates might be coming along.

There used to be an option if you were overseas, give the club a shout to make sure. I certainly have booked multiples in the past

You may be lucky and someone on here might have a membership and not using it for that match, as M5 said keep an eye on release date etc.

don't think you will get many sites doing a hotel/ticket deal as there wont be much up-sell compared to united or liverpool.

I like to stay in express by holiday inn, have also stayed in Sleepers and jurys and if on a budget Surtees. all grand and walking distance to city centre,stadium and metro which is about £5 to the airport

fitzparker wrote: »
    You may be lucky and someone on here might have a membership and not using it for that match, as M5 said keep an eye on release date etc.

don't think you will get many sites doing a hotel/ticket deal as there wont be much up-sell compared to united or liverpool.

I like to stay in express by holiday inn, have also stayed in Sleepers and jurys and if on a budget Surtees. all grand and walking distance to city centre,stadium and metro which is about £5 to the airport

I found these sites that have some NUFC deals advertised.

https://www.thomascooksport.com/Football/Newcastle-United
    http://www.celtichorizontours.com/packages/4847/football/championship/newcastle-united-v-barnsley-fc/hotel-and-ticket-only.aspx
    http://champions-travel.com/products/1756-newcastle-united-vs-barnsley.aspx

I think it's 2 tickets for member sale. I have a membership and I doubt I'll be using it for the Barnsley game. I'll give you my details closer to the time if you'd like.

That_Guy wrote: »
    I think it's 2 tickets for member sale. I have a membership and I doubt I'll be using it for the Barnsley game. I'll give you my details closer to the time if you'd like.

That's great! Cheers for that.

I just got a mail from the NUFC.co.uk box office to say:
    If we are still involved in the title race it is likely that [Barnsley] game will not go on sale to the general public, tickets usually go on sale around 2 or 3 weeks prior to the game.

The more I watch them both, the more I can't believe we got £60m for Sissoko and Wijnaldum

Bridge93 wrote: »
    The more I watch them both, the more I can't believe we got £60m for Sissoko and Wijnaldum

Imagine on top of that we got 12m for townsend... and could be getting him back for less...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

There's talk today of a potential swap deal for Townsend with Mbemba going the other way. Really hope that isn't true, I haven't seen as much of him this year because NUFC obviously aren't on the telly as much, but it sounds like a really bad deal to me. Surely there's enough attackers at the club already and the squad is light on good centre backs, isn't it? What do ye make of it?

martyos121 wrote: »
    There's talk today of a potential swap deal for Townsend with Mbemba going the other way. Really hope that isn't true, I haven't seen as much of him this year because NUFC obviously aren't on the telly as much, but it sounds like a really bad deal to me. Surely there's enough attackers at the club already and the squad is light on good centre backs, isn't it? What do ye make of it?

Not sure rafa rates mbemba... hasnt exactly gotten many games.

• Advertisement

Seems Rafa doesn't rate him and rather's Clark. great from an irish point of view but I think he is a solid defender and definitely next in line ahead of hanley.

would rather swap with colback and a few bob!

Let's just sweep that Oxford result under the carpet.... :pac:

That_Guy wrote: »
    Let's just sweep that Oxford result under the carpet.... :pac:

there was a game the weekend? ;);)

Are we really saying 12m wouldnt get Atsu fulltime?

Not sure spending it on Townsend it a clever move ... remember he wanted to leave!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Are we really saying 12m wouldnt get Atsu fulltime?

Not sure spending it on Townsend it a clever move ... remember he wanted to leave!

I don't rate Atsu as a £12m player. I think he has potential to be but he's worth half that right now. He looks impressive when he plays and I'd prefer if the club stumped up cash for him rather than Townsend.

Happy to take Townsend in on loan and see how he gets on again. Same club but different mindset with the lads this season so he could be just what we need on that left hand side because while Gouffran does a job, he just isn't creative enough. I think given our current striking situation, I'd rather see Gouff pushed to the front. I think he's a good striker of the ball so I don't think it'd hurt until Gayle is fit again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Townsend deal is off. Shame, he was very good in his first spell, but there's no shortage of attacking options in the squad at least.

• Advertisement

first window in a long time where not signing anyone isnt disaster. Squad is good enough to get promoted and should really be leading this league.

Not sure townsend was the right choice .. wouldnt have been a fan of paying 2m to bring him in till the summer and then pay another 13m for him in the summer ... remember lads, he wasnt pushed out, he jumped

Rafa needs to give these spoofers an absolute bollocking. Pathetic stuff yet again.

We are ****e at home and I can't explain why

Half this team is championship quality at best. Take or 4 best players out with form or injury and we struggle.

Those usually do enough. What I can't understand is the consistently high error rate...

Anyway, good man Ritchie!

We're the greatest shíte team ever.

• Advertisement
Advertisement